June 15, 2024, 03:07:51 PM

Author Topic: Queen's Park after Avery  (Read 18299 times)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Avery John to sign with QPR
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »
Congrats to Avery...I wish him a prosperous 2007

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »
I happy but I go be more happy when he sign.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 07:12:10 PM »
I happy but I go be more happy when he sign.
Same here.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 06:50:27 AM »
yes saboteurs trying to derail we football because we is ah BIG threat to British football.

Man why didn't I see dat all along/

Wait I know why?

I have a brain!
:rotfl:

:rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: AH GO PEE MIHSELF :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 07:14:52 AM »
Quote from: andre samuel on December 28, 2006, 03:42:02 PM
TI.........i understand your point about sancho and so on but that is no reason for you to sound like if you hating on de man

ah love it!!

breds i not hating on de man, but i juss saying based on what i have seen of him, he is not our bess defender and is gettin a better chance than our better defenders who are younger and more talented, so what does that say?  im happy for him, but the joke is the uk teams know he is our oldest defender but he gettin de bess contract, but our younger defenders who have more time and maybe another 1 or 2 world cups not getting trials, tuh me that is bullshit, or juss sabotage...

Just because he signing with QPR doesn't mean he getting a better contract?  It means he is playing with a team in a higher league, but for all we know, Sancho could be making more money.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 07:31:04 AM »
im happy for him, but the joke is the uk teams know he is our oldest defender but he gettin de bess contract, but our younger defenders who have more time and maybe another 1 or 2 world cups not getting trials, tuh me that is bullshit, or juss sabotage...
uuummmm
sabotage ???

you are kiddin, right!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:37:31 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 07:49:31 AM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 08:15:30 AM »
Congrats Avery, all the best. :beermug:
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 08:34:47 AM »
im happy for him, but the joke is the uk teams know he is our oldest defender but he gettin de bess contract, but our younger defenders who have more time and maybe another 1 or 2 world cups not getting trials, tuh me that is bullshit, or juss sabotage...

how does sabotage come into this is it  TTFF dat send avery on trials ?  avery went he tried out and get A CONTRACT  and yuh  gripe is  local clubs cause  avery dont even play in the pro league....
call up public connection and jabloteh and ask them why they dont send they player on trials...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »
I know its a forum, with different personalities and ideas; but; I HATE TI.  Your way of thinking absolutely baffles me.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 12:44:42 PM »
I know its a forum, with different personalities and ideas; but; I HATE TI.  Your way of thinking absolutely baffles me.

:rotfl: but did you ever release a cd?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »
QUEEN'S PARK AFTER AVERY QUEEN'S PARK AFTER AVERY 
Shaun Fuentes

Trinidad and Tobago defender Avery John is set to become this country’s latest defender to join the English professional scene.

John, of American Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution, has been targeted by Queen’s Park Rangers and according to club manager John Gregory, will be signed on January 2 just as the transfer window opens.

John had been on trial at Leeds United but was unsuccessful. However soon after Queen’s Park of the Championship Division took note of him. Over the last couple of weeks, the club’s administration had been in contact with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, requesting information on John and his overall international appearance status to which the TTFF cooperated.

Sampsa Timoska, of Finnish club MyPa  is also expected to sign with Queen’s Park and along with John could make his  debut for the club in the FA Cup third-round tie against Carlos Edwards’ Luton Town  on January 6.

“We have a couple of people in mind who are ready to come straight in, and they will be registered on January 2. I think they will enhance the squad. There is no point bringing someone in if he is not better than what we have, because we have 35 professionals,” said Gregory who once managed Dwight Yorke at Aston Villa.

Meantime, Sunderland, club of Yorke, has expressed interest in the services of Edwards. The former Wrexham player is now being targeted by Celtic, Newcastle United, Charlton Athletic, Watford and Birmingham City.

Sunderland manager Roy Keane added “Carlos Edwards is a player that I admire and he is someone I would like to add to the squad. We do intend to follow up our interest but it would be premature to assume that anything will definitely happen in that direction. We'll have to see what Luton's position is on the matter but he is someone we're interested in, yes."

It is also understood that St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland has received interest from and English club but time will tell what the former Defence Force striker decides on. And striker Stern John has been offered a contract extension at Coventry City but is still undecided. John has also been reportedly offered a lucrative deal by Israeli club Beitar Jerusalem. (December 29, 2006)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »
I know its a forum, with different personalities and ideas; but; I HATE TI. Your way of thinking absolutely baffles me.

diz ok bredda, join de line :devil: ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
yes saboteurs trying to derail we football because we is ah BIG threat to British football.

Man why didn't I see dat all along/

Wait I know why?

I have a brain!
:rotfl:

:rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: AH GO PEE MIHSELF :rotfl: :rotfl:

he mean ah brain that he doesnt use most of the times, when west indies were doing well in cricket, most of we players were over playing county cricket in england, nurturing that raw talent and skill, then english officials decided to cut this bc our cricket became too dominant and we were destroying everyone, its not so diff that they see the potential of our players, since we almost drew with them and could have beat them in the world cup, that is a scare alone, all of a sudden none of we players could make epl, b4 when we didnt make the world cup we had players in the epl and it wasnt a problem, scouts coming to scout we youths, now they have come to a realization, if we give these players the chance in the epl, they will be a deadlier team, it also is in better interest to the US and mexico that our players dont play in the best leagues...

yea i know this is an assumption but im basing it on what happened b4 with our other big sport in the caribbean, why is it so baffling to think they are so diff with football, an even bigger and much richer sport, allyuh stay dey and feel the uk want us to do well and outshine dem or any european, allyuh living in a bubble...

God is de BOSS....

TrinInfinite

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2006, 03:44:25 PM »
TI, Avery is left footed. Gray and Sancho are right footed. Maybe QPR needed a left footed player.
Che..dat make too too much sense  ;D
anyway Congrats Avery :beermug:

good point but i didnt read anywhere dey were in desperate need for a left footed defender, but good point... :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2006, 04:10:02 PM »
:rotfl: but did you ever release a cd?
and say dat Austin have a copy?  :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Queen's Park after Avery
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
Queen's Park after Avery
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago defender Avery John is set to become this country’s latest defender to join the English professional scene.
John, of American Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution, has been targeted by Queen’s Park Rangers and according to club manager John Gregory, will be signed on January 2 just as the transfer window opens.
John had been on trial at Leeds United but was unsuccessful. However soon after Queen’s Park of the Championship Division took note of him. Over the last couple of weeks, the club’s administration had been in contact with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, requesting information on John and his overall international appearance status to which the TTFF cooperated.
Sampsa Timoska, of Finnish club MyPa  is also expected to sign with Queen’s Park and along with John could make his  debut for the club in the FA Cup third-round tie against Carlos Edwards’ Luton Town  on January 6.
“We have a couple of people in mind who are ready to come straight in, and they will be registered on January 2. I think they will enhance the squad. There is no point bringing someone in if he is not better than what we have, because we have 35 professionals,” said Gregory who once managed Dwight Yorke at Aston Villa.
Meantime, Sunderland, club of Yorke, has expressed interest in the services of Edwards. The former Wrexham player is now being targeted by Celtic, Newcastle United, Charlton Athletic, Watford and Birmingham City.
Sunderland manager Roy Keane added “Carlos Edwards is a player that I admire and he is someone I would like to add to the squad. We do intend to follow up our interest but it would be premature to assume that anything will definitely happen in that direction. We'll have to see what Luton's position is on the matter but he is someone we're interested in, yes."
It is also understood that St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland has received interest from and English club but time will tell what the former Defence Force striker decides on. And striker Stern John has been offered a contract extension at Coventry City but is still undecided. John has also been reportedly offered a lucrative deal by Israeli club Beitar Jerusalem.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 04:26:47 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Queen's Park after Avery
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2006, 09:26:53 PM »
Hope everything works out well for avery :beermug:

Offline Eh!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 11:21:21 AM »
Be patient, is just about the right set of circumstances and Sancho's will come soon enough.  Avery will do well and obviously he earned his spot but he is also lucky to be in his off season at a time when QPR is strugglin and needs new faces.  I'm sure Gillingham will be reluctant to let Brent go in the middle of the season.  After the World Cup though, I'm sure eyes are on Sancho as well.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »
TI.........i understand your point about sancho and so on but that is no reason for you to sound like if you hating on de man

ah love it!!

breds i not hating on de man, but i juss saying based on what i have seen of him, he is not our bess defender and is gettin a better chance than our better defenders who are younger and more talented, so what does that say? ??? im happy for him, but the joke is the uk teams know he is our oldest defender but he gettin de bess contract, but our younger defenders who have more time and maybe another 1 or 2 world cups not getting trials, tuh me that is bullshit, or juss sabotage...

buh wuh de f**k!? dred you really livin in lala land awa!?

If iz sabotage and lets say it is... and the english leagues are leavin our "younger, more talented" players back home... then our local league should be one of the best in the world not so...??

Sometimes I really feel your brain is a rotting carcass of shit.

did you make dat up or did you read that somewhere?  Dat sound like something off of Animal Planet :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

a rotting carcass of shit.... Oh my goodness.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »
good news, but im very surprised... :beermug:

Why TI? Yuh doh think he could make it at QPR or yuh think he could do better?

avery wasnt our best defender, he dont have de touches or dribbling skills to play at that level, de man passing is atrocious, sancho could more than make qpr or higher if john make qpr... juss my opinion
          This is not about best player/defender,it's about a player getting an opportunity to improve/better himself,being rewarded for hard work,being in the right place at the right time,bold enough to take chances,this is something we hope all our players would aspire to do,for some reason the best players don't always make it,we have some in T&T are perfect examples,come on lets big up the guy and wish him well,if he is getting a contract it's because he is worth it.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2006, 09:43:03 PM »
One ah meh bois, did really mention dat tuh meh. He said Avery is not T&T best defender, but he is good enough tuh get ah contract in de Championship division, he said something must be going on behind closed doors, dat bredda cah leave England, without getting pull in on one ah dem team. Well he was really correct wid dat statement. Again Mr "BLADE" we does always support yuh and we wish yuh de best meh boi. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2007, 07:59:22 AM »
Fulham FC puts up $2.9 million to claim Dempsey.
Clint Dempsey Awaits ruling on work permit.
By Frank Dell'Apa, Globe Staff.

The Revolution's Clint Dempsey is on the verge of going to Fulham FC of England's Premier League. Fulham manager Chris Coleman said the West London club and Major League Soccer have agreed to a $2.9 million transfer fee for Dempsey, pending the approval of a work permit.
Players from outside the European Union are required to have played in 75 percent of the recent matches of their national team. Dempsey, 23, participated in 9 of 13 matches for the United States this year, tying Revolution teammate Taylor Twellman for the scoring lead with four goals. Dempsey missed a 1-0 win over Latvia May 28 with an injury and was left off a pre-World Cup visit to Germany after being suspended by the Revolution following a practice scuffle with captain Joe Franchino. Dempsey did not participate in a 3-0 loss to the Czech Republic in the World Cup but was among the team's top performers in the next two games.
A Professional Footballers Association tribunal will hear Fulham's appeal for a work permit.
Fulham tied Chelsea, 2-2, yesterday on a late goal by US national team defender Carlos Bocanegra and is tied for 10th in the Premiership standings with 26 points in 21 matches. The Cottagers, whose principal investor is Harrods owner Mohamed El Fayed , have two other former MLS stars: midfielder Simon Elliott and forward Brian McBride.
"We've agreed to a fee but it still has to go to the tribunal," Coleman said before yesterday's game. "He's had a few injury problems, so he's just a little bit short there. But it's not like he's coming here to sit on the bench. He's coming because we've bought him to make a big impact. Clint's a wide player up front, can play either flank, strong with pace, a good player, good touch.
"He has all the attributes to be a good player in the Premier League, is the right age, and was in our price range."
Revolution defender Avery John will move to Queen's Park Rangers of England's Championship League, according to the Trinidad & Tobago national team website. John, 32, participated in a tryout with Leeds United earlier this month.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »
GO Avery

GO AVERY

GO AVERY!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »
Nutten concrete on Avery yet??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2007, 07:44:49 PM »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2007, 07:54:19 PM »
Pros

John set to be a loan Ranger? By Andrew Hush
January 1, 2007

Avery John’s proposed move to English Championship side, Queen’s Park Rangers, has hit a snag, Soccer New England has learned.

Avery John (Photo by Joyce Furia)

It is understood that QPR were originally keen to offer John a long term deal. However, MLS has exercised the option they held on the 31-year-old for 2007.

QPR manager, John Gregory, is still interested in signing the Trinidad and Tobago international, though may now be looking at a six-month loan deal rather than a permanent transfer.

John was formerly represented by Patrick McCabe of First Wave Sports. However, it is believed that he recently switched to Eric Walters of the London-based Base Soccer agency.

John is believed to have made a salary of approximately $36,000 in 2006, a year he began on the fringes of the Revs starting eleven. Following the World Cup in which he started two games for the ‘Soca Warriors’, John won a spot in Steve Nicol’s team.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2007, 09:32:58 PM »
Pros

John set to be a loan Ranger? By Andrew Hush
January 1, 2007

Avery John’s proposed move to English Championship side, Queen’s Park Rangers, has hit a snag, Soccer New England has learned.

Avery John (Photo by Joyce Furia)

It is understood that QPR were originally keen to offer John a long term deal. However, MLS has exercised the option they held on the 31-year-old for 2007.

QPR manager, John Gregory, is still interested in signing the Trinidad and Tobago international, though may now be looking at a six-month loan deal rather than a permanent transfer.

John was formerly represented by Patrick McCabe of First Wave Sports. However, it is believed that he recently switched to Eric Walters of the London-based Base Soccer agency.

John is believed to have made a salary of approximately $36,000 in 2006, a year he began on the fringes of the Revs starting eleven. Following the World Cup in which he started two games for the ‘Soca Warriors’, John won a spot in Steve Nicol’s team.

Ah not trying tuh boast, or be cocky, but dat $36,000, I believe dat have tuh be US currency. Tuh go through all dat pressure in training, etc, dat money looking real small boi. Dat is why ah want meh people tuh move up and make dat cheese, cuz de people in de US who making descent money, all yuh know dat $36,000 is small money, especially when dat is broken up tuh be paid weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Eh but cool thing, ah bredda have tuh start some where in life. Best of luck again Avery, you and yuh people sort out de thing boss, and go England and make dat paper. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 09:44:58 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2007, 02:43:32 AM »

ah love it!!

breds i not hating on de man, but i juss saying based on what i have seen of him, he is not our bess defender and is gettin a better chance than our better defenders who are younger and more talented, so what does that say? ??? im happy for him, but the joke is the uk teams know he is our oldest defender but he gettin de bess contract, but our younger defenders who have more time and maybe another 1 or 2 world cups not getting trials, tuh me that is bullshit, or juss sabotage...

buh wuh de f**k!? dred you really livin in lala land awa!?

If iz sabotage and lets say it is... and the english leagues are leavin our "younger, more talented" players back home... then our local league should be one of the best in the world not so...??

Sometimes I really feel your brain is a rotting carcass of shit.

did you make dat up or did you read that somewhere?  Dat sound like something off of Animal Planet :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

a rotting carcass of shit.... Oh my goodness.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Oh Lord  :rotfl:

De chile watching too much national geographic and playin too much video game oui papa.

He funny no ass. Or maybe he just an ass.

Good luck Avery.

Interesting point SUPA. For ah proffesional dat looking like chicken feed.

1]; } ?>