April 19, 2024, 11:17:34 PM

Author Topic: Name change  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Name change
« on: March 20, 2005, 02:44:37 PM »
Guys what allyah think about the name change from Socawarriors to just warriors I personally like the name socawarriors
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Name change
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 02:53:58 PM »
i think it does not really matter to me is not realavant ,doh matter wat our name is our main goal is to go to the world cup

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 03:59:22 PM »
Guys what allyah think about the name change from Socawarriors to just warriors I personally like the name socawarriors
First tuh begin, de Warriors name is already used by de Zimbabwean national football team.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 07:04:19 PM »
we not even original .so we did not realise that when we played them a few years back in africa.............................i will think of a better name and get back to u scene

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:03:29 AM »
Here yuh want more "SHORT CUTS" look what Warner proposed:"adviser Jack Austin Warner announced a name change in keeping with the effort to get T&T to the 2006 World Cup in Germany. Warner said "Soca Warriors" implied gaiety, a stark contrast to Trinidad and Tobago's effort at World Cup qualification, which he said was serious business."

Wow what was dis a news flash? or did the power go out all these years? Is now he realize that this is SERIOUS BUSINESS?  Wait nah; yuh really think Mr. Warner that the problem is with the name?

Or gosh we have more serious problems than that? Boy yuh eh see how others go laugh at we? The biggest statement from we leaders is dat we go change we name to make we more serious about how we approach the game. Now that iis real strategy boy dat is Trini tactics!!!!!!

I see that Jamacia made it to world cup with their name. No one implied that their name is about  gaiety, frolicking and ganga?

Let's find the real problems to address. Mr. Warner come in and check out dis site; take yuh time and read all the posts; yuh getting all we advise fuh free. Yuh eh have tuh hire no foreign big arse tuh tell yuh what tuh do.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 08:21:01 AM »
Here yuh want more "SHORT CUTS" look what Warner proposed:"adviser Jack Austin Warner announced a name change in keeping with the effort to get T&T to the 2006 World Cup in Germany. Warner said "Soca Warriors" implied gaiety, a stark contrast to Trinidad and Tobago's effort at World Cup qualification, which he said was serious business."

Wow what was dis a news flash? or did the power go out all these years? Is now he realize that this is SERIOUS BUSINESS?  Wait nah; yuh really think Mr. Warner that the problem is with the name?

Or gosh we have more serious problems than that? Boy yuh eh see how others go laugh at we? The biggest statement from we leaders is dat we go change we name to make we more serious about how we approach the game. Now that iis real strategy boy dat is Trini tactics!!!!!!

I see that Jamacia made it to world cup with their name. No one implied that their name is about  gaiety, frolicking and ganga?

Let's find the real problems to address. Mr. Warner come in and check out dis site; take yuh time and read all the posts; yuh getting all we advise fuh free. Yuh eh have tuh hire no foreign big arse tuh tell yuh what tuh do.

;D ;D ;D you are so right. Always a distraction from the reality of the situation
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:26:41 AM »
personally i really dont see the sense of such a change, but then again, i dont see the sense of many of the decisions of the TTFF and bertile st clair either!!

so, at least they consistent in baffling us all!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »
Time for more deflection..........it must be in the name...too much soca not enough Warriors

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »
Time for more deflection..........it must be in the name...too much soca not enough Warriors

OK
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>