April 26, 2024, 07:09:56 PM

Author Topic: i think Chelsea are going to get licks tonight  (Read 3426 times)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i think Chelsea are going to get licks tonight
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »
i'm a Chelsea fan but i won't be betting on us tonight for the following reasons

1. our record at St James isn't that good especially cup games
2. i don't think Jose will be that bothered if we lose, what with fixture congestion etc. That kind of indifference often spreads to the players...
3. there is still a fitness doubt over J Terry, in any case i think Jose is goin to start with a lot of fringe players
4. Newcastle players and their fans will really be up for this game. It's arguably their biggest game of the season
5. Chelsea are odds-on to win this match at 4/6, a shockingly bad price in view of all the above. In my book Chelsea should be odds-against to win, something like 5/4 or even 11/8

Newcastle at 4/1 is the value bet but i just can't bring myself to bet against the team i support  ???
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: i think Chelsea are going to get licks tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:26:18 AM »
Chelski 1 - 0 Newcastle
my prediction
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 07:23:41 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:27:07 AM »
Bet on a Shevchenko hattrick...I think tonight could be his breakthrough night...

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:13:26 PM »
its not really our biggest game of the season..but im thining a draw or chelsea win..
i like to think we would win but..always gotta be realistic.
then again..u never know..

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 02:17:05 PM »
martins just hit the underside of the bar with a bullet shot

chelsea started well but it's now newcastle who are putting the pressure on
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 03:27:13 PM »
1-0 chealsea...drogba scores....
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 04:22:46 PM »
game end 1-0..
to me martins bullet look like it was over the line..but the replay show only 1/8 of the ball wasn't over...dissapointed bcuz it could have been given.
chelsea dont really deserve to win...dey only got good when they bring on lampard and drogba..
sheva had a pretty good game in my opinion..but drogba subbed him and then came on and score a free kick from juuuussst outside the box.
basically a repeat of the premiership match like a week ago or sumtin. drogba come on and score in like de 79' min.
 ::)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 04:55:15 PM »
Go Chelski!!

ah love it!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 05:01:20 PM »
game end 1-0..
to me martins bullet look like it was over the line..but the replay show only 1/8 of the ball wasn't over...dissapointed bcuz it could have been given.
chelsea dont really deserve to win...dey only got good when they bring on lampard and drogba..
sheva had a pretty good game in my opinion..but drogba subbed him and then came on and score a free kick from juuuussst outside the box.
basically a repeat of the premiership match like a week ago or sumtin. drogba come on and score in like de 79' min.

was it a good shot..

or could he have placed it?  from the piks hilario looked way to the side..   did martins blast a wild foot excited shot or was it just unfortunate not to score?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
man..a lil' while back I questioned whether Drogba had lost his goalscoring form as he hadn't hit the net for a few games..3 games and 3 goals later...and all 3 were game winning goals. Hmmm. Me thinks me wuz quite wrong
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 08:09:37 AM by Filho »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 06:44:19 AM »
I was more wrong than you Fihlo... :beermug:

Bet on a Shevchenko hattrick...I think tonight could be his breakthrough night...

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 03:40:26 PM »
at least he and de rest still continues to accurately hit the post. ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 09:26:47 AM »
man..a lil' while back I questioned whether Drogba had lost his goalscoring form as he hadn't hit the net for a few games..3 games and 3 goals later...and all 3 were game winning goals. Hmmm. Me thinks me wuz quite wrong

Doh worry, Filho, the Drogba fans among us eh go vex wit yuh fuh dat one.  This is his year to shine (but he HAS given credit already to Sheva's prescence being a factor to the success he hs seen so far this season) and I see him topping it off with the CAF Player of the Year award, too.  We can adebate whether Eto'o's injury may help, but we cyah debate that he is the most valuable player in the EPL so far this season.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »

game end 1-0..

was it a good shot..

or could he have placed it?  from the piks hilario looked way to the side..   did martins blast a wild foot excited shot or was it just unfortunate not to score?

it was a bit of both..he get the long ball from nobby solano..which land right ther with him. then he just turn and shoot, a bit drogba style, but it was more powerful it went right in top of the goal, in the center, i think it was more power.
it was  quick tho, hilario din have time to react.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »
se fags just did it again...

they are the luckiest team in the EPL..  they played absolute shit against Everton.. won 3-2..

now they play shit against Wigan  score in d last f**king second.. 3-2 FT

bullshit.. i could kill now...

we still ahead though.. we destroyed Villa in Villa park 3-0

did ne1 see Scholes goal!!!!!!!!!   what a goal!!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 01:33:19 PM »

they are the luckiest team in the EPL..  they played absolute shit against Everton.. won 3-2..

:rotfl: hard luck dey smalls....just for de record it's not luck...it's class  ;D

I don't know any team that's do dat last minute ting as much as chelsea.....de amount of 1 goal wins by chelsea is ridiculous  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 01:35:43 PM »

:rotfl: hard luck dey smalls....just for de record it's not luck...it's class  ;D

I don't know any team that's do dat last minute ting as much as chelsea.....de amount of 1 goal wins by chelsea is ridiculous  :beermug:

::) ::) ::)

and man utd taught them how to do it lol.. we perfected it.. they just posers

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 01:41:03 PM »

::) ::) ::)

and man utd taught them how to do it lol.. we perfected it.. they just posers

I'll give all yuh props where is due doh....easily de most consistent team in de EPL IMO.....alll yuh real playing ball  :beermug:

with a bench of silvestre, fletcher, and o'shea...i didn't expect man u to be so competitive this season...

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 04:45:02 AM »
to be honest, offensively, i don't think there's a lot of difference between Chelsea's attack this season and the last two Championship winning seasons. Unlike Man Utd and Arsenal, Chelsea vary rarely hand out a 3-0+ beating

what IS different this season is that we are leaking goals

last season and the season before it was almost a given that if we went 1-0 up then it was 3 points to Chelsea thank you very much. When the opposition did manage an equalizer, it usually had to be something very special

this season however we have conceded some very soft goals, yesterday being an example

but I'm not too concerned, I'm quite confident that normal service will be resumed when John Terry is fit again and replaces Boulahrouz who defensively, has to be THE most clumsy and accident prone defender ever to play for Chelsea since Doug Rougvie (google him if you have to)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 08:59:25 AM »
to be honest, offensively, i don't think there's a lot of difference between Chelsea's attack this season and the last two Championship winning seasons. Unlike Man Utd and Arsenal, Chelsea vary rarely hand out a 3-0+ beating

last season and the season before it was almost a given that if we went 1-0 up then it was 3 points to Chelsea thank you very much. When the opposition did manage an equalizer, it usually had to be something very special

this season however we have conceded some very soft goals, yesterday being an example

but I'm not too concerned, I'm quite confident that normal service will be resumed when John Terry is fit again and replaces Boulahrouz who defensively, has to be THE most clumsy and accident prone defender ever to play for Chelsea since Doug Rougvie (google him if you have to)

Wasn't Frank Sinclair a Chelsea player?

On a serious not though Chelsea's problems run deeper than just Terry being absent. I remember saying that Chelsea would have serious problems if Geremi is a right back option and I even remember asking what would happen if Terry gets injured?  Men like Mango Chow start to talk about last year and the year before as if Chelsea was starting with some  kinda head start.

Chelsea right now is a poorly composed team. For all their money they have no quality RB and no backup at CB they don't want to give their wide plyers playing time.. Essien could fill the role but he is their best midfielder.

Ballack come on as a free agent but he is accustomed to filling the same spaces as Lampard and has not improved the team. Mourinho would be better off rotating those two. They have four central midfeilders as a starting quartet and no width. It reminds me of when United brought in Veron and Scholes and Keane were still there.

Schevchenko is a hard luck, nobody could have predicted that he would purge. They have thank God for Drogba though becaus ethey riding him right now. Hopefully his goals will dry up soon.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 11:40:47 AM »

Wasn't Frank Sinclair a Chelsea player?

On a serious not though Chelsea's problems run deeper than just Terry being absent. I remember saying that Chelsea would have serious problems if Geremi is a right back option and I even remember asking what would happen if Terry gets injured?  Men like Mango Chow start to talk about last year and the year before as if Chelsea was starting with some  kinda head start.

Chelsea right now is a poorly composed team. For all their money they have no quality RB and no backup at CB they don't want to give their wide plyers playing time.. Essien could fill the role but he is their best midfielder.

Ballack come on as a free agent but he is accustomed to filling the same spaces as Lampard and has not improved the team. Mourinho would be better off rotating those two. They have four central midfeilders as a starting quartet and no width. It reminds me of when United brought in Veron and Scholes and Keane were still there.

Schevchenko is a hard luck, nobody could have predicted that he would purge. They have thank God for Drogba though becaus ethey riding him right now. Hopefully his goals will dry up soon.

i agree that the problem is more than Terry being absent. That last goal they gave up when  at least three players missed a cross ball sums it up. maybe all they need is a confidence boost because everyone except drogba seems to be needing some more including Sheva. I think essien is the best right back in the country and hope he plays there today. They have many centre midfielders and Essien more than makes up for an attacking winger. Shawn wright phillips is also lacking in confidence...shows what running down early money could do to your young career ! I have noticed a new trend amoung young players especially from south america ..they want to go where they will get playing time and development. In their cases ...the lessons have been learnt !

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
for the love of me i does cyah understand why ppl does lambast SWp and say he chase money....LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS

D man is the adopeted son of an Arsenal Great.....and has said he doesnt want to be in his fathers footteps but make his own

he becomes an exciting prospect at a good club but then gets two offers...both with a promise of championsleague football..

one is arsenal..and of course eh can break into that team and be a starter once he joined but it is the club of his father..and that would be following in his footsteps

2nd is chelsea....a club rich...eager to win things for the 50 year drought...and the on the rise club......not guaranteed first team action ..but he is still young and while palying time is necesary to aid development..a chance at a championship medal istn too bad either

Now let we make the decision a lil more clearer....arsenal have Aliaksandr Hleb..And Ljunberg fighting for the AMR spot already....

Chelsea just have Joe Cole and Arjen Robben who both are primarily used on teh left ..but no real Right side

DO REMBER THIS WAS WHEN CHELSEA USED TO PLAY WITH WIDTH

so it was only one real place for him to pick...a nice paycheck...a chacne at sucess...and maybe down the line a cemented starting spot.

I dont noe bout allyuh but i rather be a exciting prospect at Barcelona tryign to fight to get in like messi did and dos santos doing ....than be a kieran richardson on a man utd team that dominating..noe i can play and still have meh in a seat next to som average jo watching the game

1]; } ?>