April 26, 2024, 04:14:40 PM

Author Topic: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC.  (Read 54117 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC.
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »
Loud steeups. I backing Carlos because he is meh boy but I go be lying if I eh say I dissapointed
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »

:beermug:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »

:beermug:
tnx small mag.

I woulda like to see a Man U tee.. but we go work with that fuh de hr.

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »
Lets look at the table that really matters.

While Many of us expected him to go to the EPL.. if we look at the numbers we can accept the move in theory...

10 Sunderland 40 27 12 4 11 36 32 4 (This team definatley not rising to the EPL nest season)

Take is from a Person who follows Championship, You cannot assume Sunderland are definatley not getting promotion. The Championship is a very very FUNNY Like 3 wins & your back in the play-off mix again.Study that table again

I understand what yuh sayin...but you can say that for any league on planet earth.....say or think what yuh what Carlos playing in the League championship next season

Yeah big Dawg... Carib-Briton right... yuh sounding ignorant dey....

Sunderland currently 3 points of a playoff spot.... with ah whole half ah season to play... They in a good spot.... all yuh need is to put together some decent win streaks.... and yuh will be thereabouts when the season done

p.s. It have some real haters on this site boy....

I hear he turn down ah contract from barcelona to join sunderland  ::) ::)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 02:08:19 PM »

While Many of us expected him to go to the EPL.. if we look at the numbers we can accept the move in theory...

10 Sunderland 40 27 12 4 11 36 32 4 (This team definatley not rising to the EPL nest season)

Take is from a Person who follows Championship, You cannot assume Sunderland are definatley not getting promotion. The Championship is a very very FUNNY Like 3 wins & your back in the play-off mix again.Study that table again

I understand what yuh sayin...but you can say that for any league on planet earth.....say or think what yuh what Carlos playing in the League championship next season
breds....from yuh last post yuh clearly do not follow the championship.....look at dem same tables yuh post...sunderland, even though 10th placed is 3 points behind the 5th placed team....

i hope yuh realize that the 3rd promoted team to the EPL is the winner of a playoff btwn the 3rd-6th place team in the championship.....

sunderland could easily be in the playoff mix if dey get some wins under dere belt  :beermug:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 02:21:25 PM »
Ah sign in de forum, wid 4 ah meh bois breeding down meh neck, fuh de screen tuh clear up and see what team Carlos went 2. From one Championship team tuh another, and not even one ah de top 3 teams presently  ???  :( Ah wouldn't be ah 2 face wid all yuh nah, de Enterprise is very disappointed, with de team he went 2. Of course we on de forum wouldn't know de best choice fuh de bredda, or why he or dey made dat choice, but as supporters yuh always want yuh people in big clubs. Like I said before, we are very disappointed, no dis tuh Yorke, Keane and de rest of de Sunderland squad, but I think Carlos should be playing at ah bigger team. Wid all dat said, Carlos de Enterprise still love yuh as ah player, we will still support yuh and we wish yuh all de best meh boi. May be Carlos might put back ah smile on our faces, if dey get promoted at de end of this season. Then it will be even sweeter, we captain go be back tuh de EPL.  :praying: HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 02:27:49 PM »

breds....from yuh last post yuh clearly do not follow the championship.....look at dem same tables yuh post...sunderland, even though 10th placed is 3 points behind the 5th placed team....

i hope yuh realize that the 3rd promoted team to the EPL is the winner of a playoff btwn the 3rd-6th place team in the championship.....

sunderland could easily be in the playoff mix if dey get some wins under dere belt  :beermug:

Even if you don't know how the Championship operate (i.e. once you're in the top 6 you're in the mix) Sunderland is only 7 points behind the 3rd placed team Preston, with 19 games to go, it's still early days.

Now we can all speculate but we don't know what were the actual bids and the behind the scene maneuvers. I'm sure Edwards and Luton took what was the best option for them.

Now lets hope Birmingham & Derby self implode  ;D (because they have no Trinis in their squad) Kenwynne Jones and co. look like a decent bet, they're just 5 pts from automatic promotion.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
i just beharry could work sumthing out for our younger  player to get across there
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 02:33:51 PM »
I am confused.

What is the problem with this move?

Did he turn down Manchester United or Arsenal?

Who else was really ineterested?

How many non-English mid-twenties players do we see getting scooped up by premiership teams?

Add the fact that Sunderland is a BIG club whichever way you slice it and especially compared to Luton, most of the Championship and even some premierleague clubs. They have a large fan base and a huge stadium that was recently built.

Carlos is using his brain, Sunderland is a club with a decent profile and if he performs good things will come to him. At least the man have faith in himself and believes that with his help Sunderland could make a serious push.

I wonder if men here want him to go to a side where he will not get a sweat and will fight up in the reserves.

This was a good move in my opinion.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 02:35:59 PM »
i think he was too hasty and he definitiely should have waited.

In my opinion, i think that Sunderland was paying Luton the most money and was paying Carlos the highest wages.

but anyways, 28,000 fans a week in a 40,000 stadium is not bad!!

Go Sunderland!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 02:54:25 PM »
i am happy for the youth. in life you make some decsoons that ppl might not understand but you do what is right for yourself and your family.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 02:59:16 PM »

YOU SERIOUSLY don't Understand THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I hope JayTheWrecker comes around soon because I'm sure he will tell you the same.

So how does it work as far as getting promoted from championship league to the epl and is it more than one team that gets promoted and how many more games are left to decide this scenario.............. 
- 3 teams get promoted
- top 2 teams at the end of the season are promoted automatically.
- 3rd to 6th playoff for the 3rd promotion spot
- 19 games left in the season
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 02:59:55 PM »

So how does it work as far as getting promoted from championship league to the epl and is it more than one team that gets promoted and how many more games are left to decide this scenario.............. 

Top two get automatic promotion.... de next 4 (places 3 - 6) play a knockout format... the winner of this playoff gets the third promotion spot... it have 19 games left in de season... Sunderland 3 points of the playoff spots

Bottom-line:
Yuh could come 6th and still get promoted....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »
Congrats to Edwards on his signing and future success with the club, at least 10 position is better than 19.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Carlos signs with Sunderland FC...Dwight behind move
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »
CARLOS SIGNS WITH SUNDERLAND.... Dwight behind move 
By: Shawn Fuentes (TTFF Media)

2 Jan 2007

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Carlos Edwards has set his sights on guiding new club Sunderland to Premiership promotion after signing  a new three-year contract with the club on Tuesday valued at Ł1.5m.
Coincidentally, the 28-year-old Edwards now joins National team captain Dwight Yorke at the club who was instrumental in getting Roy Keane to sign the former Defence Force playmaker. And Edwards’ deal has the biggest value for a T&T international since Yorke’s Ł12.6m move to Manchester United in 1998.
"We're absolutely delighted to have captured such a sought-after, top player," said Black Cats boss Keane.
"A lot of clubs have been interested in Carlos, so it's great that he will be here at Sunderland to play his part in getting this club back to the Premiership."
Edwards became the first Luton player since Mal Donaghy in 1982 to represent his county in the World Cup finals last summer and his impressive performances for Trinidad and Tobago linked him with a move away from Kenilworth Road.
A beaming Edwards expressed satisfaction with his new move moments after leaving Sunderland’s Stadium of Light where he signed his contract on Tuesday. He moved to a club now 10th on the Championship Table from Luton which is now in 19th spot.
“I’m actually just driving back home after signing the deal. I didn’t expect the news to be out already,” Edwards laughed as he spoke to TTFF Media when being told it had already grabbed front page headlines on the BBC official site.
Edwards spoke of Yorke’s influence and the fact he chose to be part of Sunderland’s promotion drive rather than sign with  a Premiership club.
“I must say it is something I wanted to do which is to sign a contract like this. Dwight had a big part to do with it. He called me up and the manager inquired and then the deal materialized. Dwight spoke highly about the club and about the role I could play in helping them back  into the Premiership. And I saw it all for myself when I visited the club today… the facility is fantastic,” Edwards told TTFF Media.
“It’s a dream come true really and now being part of the club I am hoping for better things because we will be pushing for promotion. We are only three points off the playoffs and hopefully I can do my part now as a new signing.”
Edwards added that he was sure his presence and performance at the 2006 World Cup played a part in this move.
“Teams don’t sign you unless they feel you have something special and can add it to the club. And Roy Keane may have seen something and I’m glad it came through.
“Being at the World Cup definitely has played a part in this. There is going to be interest in any player who has been at the World Cup regardless of the height of the club. It takes quality players to play in  a World Cup and unfortunately more of our players didn’t make moves as well. The guys now need to continue working and try to emulate players like myself who have moved on through hard work. I crept before I walked – from back home to Wrexham to Luton and now to Sunderland,” Edwards added.
And about the fact that Premiership clubs Newcastle United, Watford, Charlton Athletic and Scotland’s Celtic also showed interest, Edwards promptly stated “This is what most people will talk about. They will think it’s a bad decision if they see  it as giving up a chance to play on the bigger stage. I know money has a lot to play in football. I love to play football and I didn’t want to sign a multi-million dollar contract to maybe sit on the bench. I have a talent and I need to be playing. I will cherish this deal and hopefully take into the Premiership. It’s a challenge but I am positive that during my contract here we will end up in the Premiership,” Edwards ended. He is expected to make his debut for Sunderland in Saturday’s FA Cup fixture away to Preston North End.
Edwards signed for Luton in May 2005 from Wrexham after attracting interest from Mike Newell for some time - the Hatters boss originally tried to sign the 28-year-old during his time as Hartlepool manager.
He spent five seasons at Wrexham after signing from Trinidad side Defence Force in June 2000 for Ł125,000, helping the Red Dragons win the LDV Vans trophy in 2005.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:05:35 PM by e-man »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC...Dwight behind move
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2007, 03:09:12 PM »

2 Jan 2007

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Carlos Edwards has set his sights on guiding new club Sunderland to Premiership promotion after signing  a new three-year contract with the club on Tuesday valued at Ł1.5m.
Coincidentally, the 28-year-old Edwards now joins National team captain Dwight Yorke at the club who was instrumental in getting Roy Keane to sign the former Defence Force playmaker. And Edwards’ deal has the biggest value for a T&T international since Yorke’s Ł12.6m move to Manchester United in 1998.
"We're absolutely delighted to have captured such a sought-after, top player," said Black Cats boss Keane.
"A lot of clubs have been interested in Carlos, so it's great that he will be here at Sunderland to play his part in getting this club back to the Premiership."
Edwards became the first Luton player since Mal Donaghy in 1982 to represent his county in the World Cup finals last summer and his impressive performances for Trinidad and Tobago linked him with a move away from Kenilworth Road.
A beaming Edwards expressed satisfaction with his new move moments after leaving Sunderland’s Stadium of Light where he signed his contract on Tuesday. He moved to a club now 10th on the Championship Table from Luton which is now in 19th spot.
“I’m actually just driving back home after signing the deal. I didn’t expect the news to be out already,” Edwards laughed as he spoke to TTFF Media when being told it had already grabbed front page headlines on the BBC official site.
Edwards spoke of Yorke’s influence and the fact he chose to be part of Sunderland’s promotion drive rather than sign with  a Premiership club.
“I must say it is something I wanted to do which is to sign a contract like this. Dwight had a big part to do with it. He called me up and the manager inquired and then the deal materialized. Dwight spoke highly about the club and about the role I could play in helping them back  into the Premiership. And I saw it all for myself when I visited the club today… the facility is fantastic,” Edwards told TTFF Media.
“It’s a dream come true really and now being part of the club I am hoping for better things because we will be pushing for promotion. We are only three points off the playoffs and hopefully I can do my part now as a new signing.”
Edwards added that he was sure his presence and performance at the 2006 World Cup played a part in this move.
“Teams don’t sign you unless they feel you have something special and can add it to the club. And Roy Keane may have seen something and I’m glad it came through.
“Being at the World Cup definitely has played a part in this. There is going to be interest in any player who has been at the World Cup regardless of the height of the club. It takes quality players to play in  a World Cup and unfortunately more of our players didn’t make moves as well. The guys now need to continue working and try to emulate players like myself who have moved on through hard work. I crept before I walked – from back home to Wrexham to Luton and now to Sunderland,” Edwards added.
And about the fact that Premiership clubs Newcastle United, Watford, Charlton Athletic and Scotland’s Celtic also showed interest, Edwards promptly stated “This is what most people will talk about. They will think it’s a bad decision if they see  it as giving up a chance to play on the bigger stage. I know money has a lot to play in football. I love to play football and I didn’t want to sign a multi-million dollar contract to maybe sit on the bench. I have a talent and I need to be playing. I will cherish this deal and hopefully take into the Premiership. It’s a challenge but I am positive that during my contract here we will end up in the Premiership,” Edwards ended. He is expected to make his debut for Sunderland in Saturday’s FA Cup fixture away to Preston North End.
Edwards signed for Luton in May 2005 from Wrexham after attracting interest from Mike Newell for some time - the Hatters boss originally tried to sign the 28-year-old during his time as Hartlepool manager.
He spent five seasons at Wrexham after signing from Trinidad side Defence Force in June 2000 for Ł125,000, helping the Red Dragons win the LDV Vans trophy in 2005.

How much was Stern's xfer to Birmingham?  I could have sworn it was about this much, can anyone confirm?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2007, 03:11:13 PM »
Barataria hit "Reply", not "Quote".

Time to familiarize myself with this squad.
Anybody know who plays right midfield for Sunderland?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2007, 03:16:18 PM »
I am confused.

What is the problem with this move?

Did he turn down Manchester United or Arsenal?

Who else was really ineterested?

How many non-English mid-twenties players do we see getting scooped up by premiership teams?

Add the fact that Sunderland is a BIG club whichever way you slice it and especially compared to Luton, most of the Championship and even some premierleague clubs. They have a large fan base and a huge stadium that was recently built.

Carlos is using his brain, Sunderland is a club with a decent profile and if he performs good things will come to him. At least the man have faith in himself and believes that with his help Sunderland could make a serious push.

I wonder if men here want him to go to a side where he will not get a sweat and will fight up in the reserves.

This was a good move in my opinion.

JDB, dat is your opinion and yuh free tuh do dat. Yuh say Sunderland is big, yeah if yuh comparing dem tuh Luton, Preston etc. Fuh yuh info people here disappointed cuz it was rumored fuh him tuh be at teams like Newcastle, Charlton, Celtics, Watford and Birmingham. Newcastle is de only team, Carlos might struggle fuh first team sweat, and I must stress, he might, cuz de bredda prove tuh we he cud handle big players. Apart from Newcastle and Watford, which I never wanted him 2 go 2 (Watford), yuh telling we he cah get regular sweat on dem other teams dey. Well if yuh saying yes, yuh really doh know de bredda, and what he does bring  tuh de game, yuh better get some clips ah Carlos playing and modify yuh statement. Like was said before, may be Sunderland is offering de best pay check, so he went tuh dat team, but doh tell we about he cah get sweat, yuh fell he was going Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus, Milan, just tuh name ah few huge clubs. Doh feel no way, we not mad wid yuh horse, is just big people here and we reasoning, yuh see meh? HIGHLY BLESSED.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:18:34 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2007, 03:48:42 PM »
Say wha ,once Carlos happy and he sounding genuinely happy .So score some goals los ,make it impossible for them not to ever start you ! :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2007, 03:54:06 PM »
niceness. hope sunderland gets promoted.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2007, 04:08:16 PM »

yuh mean who played right midfield for Sunderland  ;)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2007, 04:10:25 PM »

yuh mean who played right midfield for Sunderland  ;)

damn straight  :beermug:

well Carlos is sounding content, it is down to him in de end, so all the best

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
theyre far better than Luton... and now atleast it would seem Sunderland still have ah chance ah makin the Prem....

Yorke and Carlos play very well together.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2007, 04:21:16 PM »

He is expected to make his debut for Sunderland in Saturday’s FA Cup fixture away to Preston North End.
That sound strange. Hasn't Carlos already played for Luton in the FA Cup? Doesn't that make him ineligible to play FA cup for Sunderland?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2007, 04:24:41 PM »
I  for one is very disappointed anyways i still wish him the best :beermug:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
JDB, dat is your opinion and yuh free tuh do dat. Yuh say Sunderland is big, yeah if yuh comparing dem tuh Luton, Preston etc. Fuh yuh info people here disappointed cuz it was rumored fuh him tuh be at teams like Newcastle, Charlton, Celtics, Watford and Birmingham. Newcastle is de only team, Carlos might struggle fuh first team sweat, and I must stress, he might, cuz de bredda prove tuh we he cud handle big players. Apart from Newcastle and Watford, which I never wanted him 2 go 2 (Watford), yuh telling we he cah get regular sweat on dem other teams dey. Well if yuh saying yes, yuh really doh know de bredda, and what he does bring  tuh de game, yuh better get some clips ah Carlos playing and modify yuh statement. Like was said before, may be Sunderland is offering de best pay check, so he went tuh dat team, but doh tell we about he cah get sweat, yuh fell he was going Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus, Milan, just tuh name ah few huge clubs. Doh feel no way, we not mad wid yuh horse, is just big people here and we reasoning, yuh see meh? HIGHLY BLESSED.  

I for one never took on any of these Premeirship rumours and it is not because I have no faith in the man's ability.

Premiership clubs do not buy players from the lower division anymore, unless they are young and/or English.

The Clubs that do buy are promoted sides making the transition upwards.

Even when big clubs take risks on big players in the PL there is a real chance of them benchinig because it is a step up from a small side to a big side, just look at SWP at Chelsea.

Also consider that Sunderland has as good a chance as any of the other Championship clubs of going up, if not this year then next year. If they fail this year, it is a consolidiation year and they will be favorites for next year. Sunderland ran riot in the Championship two years ago after being relegated, with a very weak squad. I expect to be in the PL in a year or two easy and if a player makes that transition with a promoted team they have a very good chance of being noticed and cememnting themselves in the PL.

Just look at players like Andy Johnson, Routledge, Bullard, Reo-Coker (soon). They make the move with a promoted club and get picked up by a more stable club after cutting their teeth in the league.

And the bottom line has to be that Carlos knows better than everybody else who were genuinely interested and who was just rumour, so saying that he should wait for something better is misguided.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »
That sound strange. Hasn't Carlos already played for Luton in the FA Cup? Doesn't that make him ineligible to play FA cup for Sunderland?

Championship and PL clubs don't enter the FA Cup until the 3rd round. He would have played for them in the Coca Cola-Cup.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »
I'm very sad at this move. I wanted to see an EPL team pick him up.

**alerts suicide watch**

Look I eh depressed and on prozac brotha. Who on this board really want to see Carlos at Sunderland. Sunderland was only hot for those seasons Kevin Phillips was hot and lets be frank. We want our players in the EPL.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2007, 04:40:34 PM »
Tony Warner gone back Fulham....so we could say a Trini in de EPL..hopefully he get some games dis season  :-\

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2007, 04:57:10 PM »
JDB, dat is your opinion and yuh free tuh do dat. Yuh say Sunderland is big, yeah if yuh comparing dem tuh Luton, Preston etc. Fuh yuh info people here disappointed cuz it was rumored fuh him tuh be at teams like Newcastle, Charlton, Celtics, Watford and Birmingham. Newcastle is de only team, Carlos might struggle fuh first team sweat, and I must stress, he might, cuz de bredda prove tuh we he cud handle big players. Apart from Newcastle and Watford, which I never wanted him 2 go 2 (Watford), yuh telling we he cah get regular sweat on dem other teams dey. Well if yuh saying yes, yuh really doh know de bredda, and what he does bring  tuh de game, yuh better get some clips ah Carlos playing and modify yuh statement. Like was said before, may be Sunderland is offering de best pay check, so he went tuh dat team, but doh tell we about he cah get sweat, yuh fell he was going Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus, Milan, just tuh name ah few huge clubs. Doh feel no way, we not mad wid yuh horse, is just big people here and we reasoning, yuh see meh? HIGHLY BLESSED

I for one never took on any of these Premeirship rumours and it is not because I have no faith in the man's ability.

Premiership clubs do not buy players from the lower division anymore, unless they are young and/or English.

The Clubs that do buy are promoted sides making the transition upwards.

Even when big clubs take risks on big players in the PL there is a real chance of them benchinig because it is a step up from a small side to a big side, just look at SWP at Chelsea.

Also consider that Sunderland has as good a chance as any of the other Championship clubs of going up, if not this year then next year. If they fail this year, it is a consolidiation year and they will be favorites for next year. Sunderland ran riot in the Championship two years ago after being relegated, with a very weak squad. I expect to be in the PL in a year or two easy and if a player makes that transition with a promoted team they have a very good chance of being noticed and cememnting themselves in the PL.

Just look at players like Andy Johnson, Routledge, Bullard, Reo-Coker (soon). They make the move with a promoted club and get picked up by a more stable club after cutting their teeth in the league.

And the bottom line has to be that Carlos knows better than everybody else who were genuinely interested and who was just rumour, so saying that he should wait for something better is misguided.

For the most part i agree with JDB. This was a positive move by Carlos. Yes, there were probably more prestigious clubs rumoured to be interested in his services, but come on fellas, look at it objectively. Both Watford and Charlton in all likelihood going right back down into the championship next season. There is no evidence that Newcastle actually made a bid for Carlos in the first place. With Celtic, no way Carlos just walking onto that side. That would really only leave Birmingham and Sunderland.

Ok, the way things looking right now, it may seem to us that Birmingham would be the better choice, given that they leading the championship right now and looking to be a good bet for promotion. But Sunderland is not a bad choice either. They are a team on the up, and as others pointed out before, they only 3 points out of the playoff spots and 7 points behind 3rd place with 19 matches to go. I think Carlos is the perfect person to throw in there to give Sunderland that extra push for promotion.

So before we criticise his choice, i say we give it a chance, cuz it in all likelihood could be a great decision  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

1]; } ?>