April 28, 2024, 09:42:56 AM

Author Topic: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC.  (Read 54156 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC.
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 05:03:22 PM »
Well let we keep we head up for Carlos, and look for Southampton to grab a qualifying spot, and Sunderland to get to the playoffs.

Maybe we will see 4 Trinis in the Premiership.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2007, 05:09:56 PM »
That sound strange. Hasn't Carlos already played for Luton in the FA Cup? Doesn't that make him ineligible to play FA cup for Sunderland?

Championship and PL clubs don't enter the FA Cup until the 3rd round. He would have played for them in the Coca Cola-Cup.
Thanks for the explanation JDB.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2007, 05:21:24 PM »
Good move Carlos.

Birmingham, Charlton, Watford and Celtics only grand charging, no one made an official bid, so de man take Sunderland, what wrong with that ? next thing he wait and clubs change they minds.

Charlton and Watford coming back down.

Celtics only paying one million pounds and that was according to a rumour from de newspapers.

Birmingham bluffing, nothing official.

Newcastle boss came out in public and said he was not interested.

Carlos done 28, no clubs will want to pay more unless yuh real good. I say take de most money yuh get and run, besides, Sunderland still have a good chance to make it into the Premiership, they are also going to buy more players before the transfer window closes, they release about 4 dead beat players today, so that club have pontential.

De only bad thing about this signing is. We have more than one Trinis at, Sunderland, Gillingham, Walshall, Swansea and Coventry and to get release for international duty could be a problem, Roy Keane done ringing with Yorke allready. Even Jabloteh pulling style on we.

Never taught I would see the day clubs still paying over one million pounds for our players since Yorke and John, I am glad though. Remember Nixon get set up in Scotland to, he was suppose to sign with this one and that one and all fall down. Not that we dont have de talent, but we have no programs to develop future talents in T&T.

De next man to make it big from T&T is Collin Samuel if he really play to his full pontential and try to move from Scotland, Kenwyne Jones might also make it big, but we go see. I also have hope for Leston Paul and Keon Daniel but as of lately Daniel pulling stones and Leston still young and we have no programs to develop young players so he might get lost to.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »
Tony Warner gone back Fulham....so we could say a Trini in de EPL..hopefully he get some games dis season  :-\

i have honestly never known of a keeper to let in more goals than Tony Warner... I doh care about the circumstances... bar none... i have never seen or heard of a goal keeper let in more goals.

the man is useless.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2007, 05:30:59 PM »
Just need Stern John to join Sunderland now, and quarta ah de warriors now up north.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »
 i havent read anything else here  but  :beermug:, see yall this august in the premiership.
i was shocked though that he did not end up at newcastle....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 05:39:36 PM by legal alien »

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2007, 06:06:50 PM »
Stabilising your place in the Premiership is not always easy, for a newly promoted club....
Some stick around for a year or two  ie WATFORD FC or soon to be West HAM.
Unless you are an established club like the Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool....sticking around in the premier league does cause nuff horror's and stress for some managers especially with the impatience of some chairmen keen to capitalise on the big bucks kicking around the league. ??? ???

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2007, 06:24:58 PM »
I'm very sad at this move. I wanted to see an EPL team pick him up.

**alerts suicide watch**

Look I eh depressed and on prozac brotha. Who on this board really want to see Carlos at Sunderland. Sunderland was only hot for those seasons Kevin Phillips was hot and lets be frank. We want our players in the EPL.

Dctrini, BIG, BIG RESPECT BOSS, fuh yuh post, short and straight in de heart . Ah bunch ah people here, dey just being 2 face, dey typing ah set ah long speech tuh look good. We doh wah hear dat s**t, about de possibilities of him moving up now or when he reach 40years old, or de team chances in de play offs and all dat nonsense. IF all yuh want tuh think like dat, it have a lot ah games still, go and draw up all de possibilities and Luton have ah chance 2, so ah doh  see all yuh point. All yuh missing de point, read dctrini short post, it is de straight up truth, "who wanted tuh see Carlos at Sunderland, we want our players in de EPL" We wish him all de best, and we all know de chances Sunderland and de other teams getting promoted, but de point is people disappointed. De thread about Carlos was up fuh ah while now, why if all yuh know so much, all yuh should of post all yuh thing before, everybody posts about where is better fuh him 2 sweat. Today "KNOWER" and dem want tuh act like it is cool fuh him tuh be at Sunderland, well it is not, he will get our love and support still, but de EPL is de real deal. Jones and Stern, dey got some descent sweat in de EPL wid dey teams, ah wouldn't mention Yorke in dis, cuz he was already turning up people in de EPL, wid Villa. So how de 2 previously mentioned players get sweat, but  Carlos wouldn't get some games  ??? All yuh good yes. I is ah supporter tuh meh heart, and ah damn disappointed, straight up like dat. Again, ah know how some ah all yuh soft, so doh take dis personal, we just frustrated and disappointed, so we bringing it out.  ;) HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline quinnyspants

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2007, 06:47:06 PM »
Good evening Gentleman
I have paid a visit to your board following the terrific news of Carlos signing for Sunderland AFC.
I can understand some of the displeasure , and the feeling that Carlos could have gone to a Premier League side , but I would like to re-assure you that he will be playing in the Premier next season, for Sunderland, under the management of the best player our country has seen in the last 15 years.
Sunderland, as a club,will rank in stature alongside Newcastle, Aston Villa,Tottenham ,Everton and Chelsea, given our fan base and history.
We have recently had an ex-player (Niall Quinn) take over our club, and his aim is to take Sunderland back to the top end of the Premiership, playing in Europe and winning trophies.
The support is in place, the finance is in place, let us all hope that Carlos Edwards can play a part in restoring glory to the once mighty Sunderland.
Respect and regards
Quinny

"Only 2 sets of supporters have outsung Liverpool fans at Anfield, Sunderland and Newcastle.......... in that order"
Bill Shankley 1972

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2007, 07:04:39 PM »
Good evening Gentleman
I have paid a visit to your board following the terrific news of Carlos signing for Sunderland AFC.
I can understand some of the displeasure , and the feeling that Carlos could have gone to a Premier League side , but I would like to re-assure you that he will be playing in the Premier next season, for Sunderland, under the management of the best player our country has seen in the last 15 years.
Sunderland, as a club,will rank in stature alongside Newcastle, Aston Villa,Tottenham ,Everton and Chelsea, given our fan base and history.
We have recently had an ex-player (Niall Quinn) take over our club, and his aim is to take Sunderland back to the top end of the Premiership, playing in Europe and winning trophies.
The support is in place, the finance is in place, let us all hope that Carlos Edwards can play a part in restoring glory to the once mighty Sunderland.
Respect and regards
Quinny

:beermug: :beermug:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2007, 07:06:08 PM »
Quinny, may I be de first to welcome you to the best Footy Forum in de Universe.
 ;)
or, to put it another way

"Great first post"

Onwards Sunderland
dont miss the Forum Index
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 07:12:51 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2007, 07:26:33 PM »
Steups, well with the utter mess that Newcastle played yesterday, I was expecting him to be a sure signing.

Sunderland?  Why Yorke gone and talk stupidness in Carlos head, in hopes of realizing his own (selfish) dreams of playing the in EPL again?

I support Carlos, but Sunderland under Keane, who done eh want to let go 'little' caribbean players for national duty is a disappointment.

All in all, though, I did not see the offers that were made nor heard the full circumstances as did Carlos.  Either way, I wish him the best, although I think that he is much better than Sunderland....

P.S.  Carlos, if yuh reading, doh limit yourself with that old talk about warming bench vs. playing for Sunderland.   Any team chasing you right now eh looking to put you on the bench.  They go bench Stern, Yorke, and even Latas (just ask Benhakker) but not you.

Blessings.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2007, 08:03:31 PM »
Allyuh stop crying down the man for making the choice that HE felt was right for himself. He know himself better than any one of us, so just congratulate the man and have faith nah. I SURE he wudn't have signed with Sunderland if he wasn't confident that they wud be playin in the EPL next year.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC...Dwight behind move
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2007, 08:08:25 PM »
I know we all have different opinions and ting, but lawd.....Carlos stated clearly why he chose Sunderland...I for one respect de man decision  :beermug:

CARLOS SIGNS WITH SUNDERLAND.... Dwight behind move 
By: Shawn Fuentes (TTFF Media)

And about the fact that Premiership clubs Newcastle United, Watford, Charlton Athletic and Scotland’s Celtic also showed interest, Edwards promptly stated “This is what most people will talk about. They will think it’s a bad decision if they see  it as giving up a chance to play on the bigger stage. I know money has a lot to play in football. I love to play football and I didn’t want to sign a multi-million dollar contract to maybe sit on the bench. I have a talent and I need to be playing. I will cherish this deal and hopefully take into the Premiership.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »
I know we all have different opinions and ting, but lawd.....Carlos stated clearly why he chose Sunderland...I for one respect de man decision  :beermug:

And about the fact that Premiership clubs Newcastle United, Watford, Charlton Athletic and Scotland’s Celtic also showed interest, Edwards promptly stated “This is what most people will talk about. They will think it’s a bad decision if they see  it as giving up a chance to play on the bigger stage. I know money has a lot to play in football. I love to play football and I didn’t want to sign a multi-million dollar contract to maybe sit on the bench. I have a talent and I need to be playing. I will cherish this deal and hopefully take into the Premiership.

Yuh wrong to be making that point. If yuh don't live in a vacuum, believing that every TnT player is the absolute best and don't understand that there are other quality players out there trying to make a living too then yuh doubting the man's ability or don't know anything about him. Yuh forget what Carlos do in the WC or what?

In fact Carlos should probably get therapy because he obviously has self-esteem issues and doesn't realize his own greatness which would make him immune from the possibility of benching at a Premierleague team.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2007, 08:21:50 PM »

Yuh wrong to be making that point. If yuh don't live in a vacuum, believing that every TnT player is the absolute best and don't understand that there are other quality players out there trying to make a living too then yuh doubting the man's ability or don't know anything about him. Yuh forget what Carlos do in the WC or what?

In fact Carlos should probably get therapy because he obviously has self-esteem issues and doesn't realize his own greatness which would make him immune from the possibility of benching at a Premierleague team.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank yuh JDB  :applause:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2007, 08:48:17 PM »
Good evening Gentleman
Respect and regards
Quinny

Welcome to the forum quinny.Thank you for understanding and respecting, how some of the members feel on the forum. Thank you also for the Sunderland update. I don't know how much better we do feel, but we (Enterprise) respect your information posted. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 08:52:22 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2007, 09:12:21 PM »

After 3 pages of on line war,  :beermug: ah finally must say ah do agree wid yuh JDB. Fuh de people who doh know, or doh have enough sense tuh know dat, de man is ah professional, Sunderland is de team putting food on his table from now on, do you all really expect de man tuh say any thing negative about his new employer. We will never know de truth behind dis move, may be some years from now. We (Enterprise) had enough ah dis thread, we only reading posts on dis thread from now on. Dis thread, it put ah lot ah pressure on some big men. Well Carlos yuh already know how we feel, best of luck and peace out tuh everybody, let us move tuh de next thread people, may be Avery transfer is ah good thread  ;D HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2007, 09:21:31 PM »
No war, just a healthy difference of opinion.

Respect.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2007, 09:37:05 PM »
No war, just a healthy difference of opinion.

Respect.

Yuh know wey ah mean horse, ah just use de word war. Everything cool and fix sah.  :beermug: HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline samwise

• New Warrior
  • 'drink-gerls-feck...words of wisdom from Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2007, 10:25:01 PM »
another sunderland lad here....firstly, good new year to you all.
thanks for the good comments towards the team.

maybe we will never know the real reasons carlos signed for us but we have been screaming for a right winger for ages, i am sure his addition to the team will help us push to the prem.
one reason he may have chosen us, a lot of players heading into the prem now are 'seat warmers'....only used as cover for the big money earners or for the 'lesser' games (non euro cup games).
if carlos had offers from prem clubs i am sure this will be one reason for choosing us, the lad wants regular football and wants to play....we admire that in a player at sunderland, he still has a few years in him yet, hopefully he will go on to become a cult figure at the club.

FTM
.......ive got some hot stuff for all ya's...

Offline Eh!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2007, 11:48:17 PM »
Congrats Carlos, another positive step in your career and knowing your sound judgement it's no doubt the right move.  I look forward to seeing it bear fruit for you.  The men who ball days done long time can live vicariously through someone else.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2007, 12:21:24 AM »
Steups, well with the utter mess that Newcastle played yesterday, I was expecting him to be a sure signing.

Sunderland?  Why Yorke gone and talk stupidness in Carlos head, in hopes of realizing his own (selfish) dreams of playing the in EPL again?

I support Carlos, but Sunderland under Keane, who done eh want to let go 'little' caribbean players for national duty is a disappointment.

All in all, though, I did not see the offers that were made nor heard the full circumstances as did Carlos.  Either way, I wish him the best, although I think that he is much better than Sunderland....

P.S.  Carlos, if yuh reading, doh limit yourself with that old talk about warming bench vs. playing for Sunderland.   Any team chasing you right now eh looking to put you on the bench.  They go bench Stern, Yorke, and even Latas (just ask Benhakker) but not you.

Blessings.

oh shut tuh f**k up nuh... Carlos eh no little boy he know very well wut he doin... yuh eh think he eh think this over thoroughly... buh wuh kinda chupidee yuh is boy... STEWPS.

Not only is this a needless response becuase Carlos know what he doin buh think ah de new sunderland fellahz on de board... we'd like to start a good relationship with them... this is a family forum. So stop actin like A.) Carlos is a fool and B.) like Sunderland is a sub standard club.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Eh!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2007, 12:31:07 AM »
Well said.

Offline Gaz Wilko

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2007, 03:30:01 AM »
Hello! another Sunderland supporter here, I can’t understand all the negative posts on here towards Edwards move to Sunderland! Sunderland are possibly the biggest club outside the Premiership with the likes of Leeds. We will be back in the premiership with in the next two seasons & Edwards clearly knows the potential the club has, our last two home league games we have had crowds of over 40,000 & over 30,000, which is excellent for any team outside the premiership. Sunderland have had a horrendous last few seasons & we are currently rebuilding the club, Roy Keane & Niall Quinn or doing a steady job.

Carlos Edwards has left a small London club to join a club with a 48,000 seater stadium, fantastic fanbase, a state of the art training ground & youth academy & a manager who is possibly one of the biggest names ever to play in the premiership.

Thanks

Gary.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2007, 03:39:49 AM »
A Huge welcome to all the recent posters from the Sunderland FC.

One thing that all you lads have to Remember is that we have some of the worlds BEST CHESTERFIELD managers  ;D ;D right here on this site and they know what is best for Carlos, is just that they have not convinced Carlos of that yet   ;D ;D

it is going to be Great with Carlos playing in Sunderland.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:49:58 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2007, 04:21:04 AM »
Yuh yaping to much SUPA..... I rather Carlos be on his way up than his way down. Who else except Watford who really wanted him. ? No one made an official bid, all was rumours and speculations.

And what if Sunderland does make it into the Premiership what will you say then ?

Its not like Man U or Arsenal wanted him and he turn them down to go to Sunderland.

No other team made an official big, none, Newcastle was not interested. He is Premiership quality, however only Sunderland stepped up...

I am happy for Carlos, I hope he can take Sunderland up......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2007, 05:15:54 AM »
Carlos boy, just do what yuh does do best....

Let yuh foot do de talking......GOOD LUCK!!!! :beermug: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2007, 07:01:40 AM »
u hadda b joking with me, what ah stupid move by edwards, yorke shoudlnt have persuaded him tuh do that, schupsssssssss....

Man give up epl and celtic for sunderland, real stupid move if yuh ask me..

God is de BOSS...

We don't know what the deal is, Carlos may not have had anything to do with the move. It could just be that Sunderland offered more than the rest for him.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2007, 07:04:06 AM »
No more busspepper fetes for Carlos. I hope he feels he made the right choice good luck to him

Too many players from one country is not a good idea. When tournament comes they will loose too many players. Trinidad will also have a hard time getting these players.

1]; } ?>