April 27, 2024, 07:18:28 AM

Author Topic: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC.  (Read 54135 times)

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos signs with Sunderland FC.
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »
Lets look at the table that really matters.

While Many of us expected him to go to the EPL.. if we look at the numbers we can accept the move in theory...

1 Birmingham City 53 27 16 5 6 46 26 20
2 Derby County 50 27 15 5 7 36 28 8 
3 Preston North End 47 27 13 8 6 40 28 12
4 Southampton 45 27 12 9 6 44 32 12 
5 West Bromwich Albion 43 27 12 7 8 48 31 17 
6 Colchester United 43 27 13 4 10 45 30 15 
7 Stoke City 43 26 12 7 7 35 21 14 
8 Cardiff City 43 27 11 10 6 36 28 8 
9 Wolverhampton Wanderers 42 27 12 6 9 28 29 -1 
10 Sunderland 40 27 12 4 11 36 32 4 (This team definatley not rising to the EPL nest season)
11 Sheffield Wednesday 40 27 11 7 9 39 37 2 
12 Burnley 37 26 10 7 9 32 28 4 
13 Plymouth Argyle 36 27 8 12 7 33 34 -1 
14 Ipswich Town 35 27 10 5 12 37 37 0 
15 Crystal Palace 34 27 9 7 11 31 32 -1 
16 Coventry City 34 27 10 4 13 25 31 -6 
17 Norwich City 34 27 9 7 11 34 42 -8 
18 Leicester City 32 27 8 8 11 26 34 -8 
19 Luton Town 31 27 8 7 12 35 45 -10 (This Team 3 places from relegation to League One
20 Queens Park Rangers 30 27 8 6 13 34 41 -7 
21 Hull City 27 27 7 6 14 27 38 -11 
22 Barnsley 26 27 7 5 15 29 47 -18
23 Leeds United 24 27 7 3 17 27 49 -22 
24 Southend United 21 27 4 9 14 22 45 -23

Half way throught the Season and the points spread not too far-fetch

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2007, 07:25:12 AM »
The Sunderland guys are right, it is a big club, definitely have premierleague support. Possibly wasted many past oppertunites to consolidate their posistion when their were in the premiership, but then again you could say that about many other sides.

No point in Carlos going to Watford (unless he was hoping Elton give he wife ah recording contract  :devil: ) as they are going back down. I think he has made a very level headed decision...he will play often, Sunderland do have the most realistic long term chances of getting promoted and Dwight there to help him settle in. As far as I'm concerned if any Premier league club had made a decent offer Newell would have accepted it and Carlos most likely would have gone (cept Watford  ;D ) so its unlikely he had a realistic oppertunity to go Premierleague.

Offline Gretzky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2007, 07:38:06 AM »
looking forward to seeing Carlos play for Sunderland.

Can the man play cricket? if so i'll try to get him on my team for the summer
god is da boss

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2007, 07:57:29 AM »
Allyuh stop crying down the man for making the choice that HE felt was right for himself. He know himself better than any one of us, so just congratulate the man and have faith nah. I SURE he wudn't have signed with Sunderland if he wasn't confident that they wud be playin in the EPL next year.

That statement seems to me,a little far fetched I would think,Carlos doh have a crystal ball in he locker room where he sure they getting promoted.The funny thing is we're all on the outside looking in and surely some of us are disappointed and some of us have turned a negative into a positive,but when reality steps in carlos may not have had a choice in the matter.Remember "choice and not chance is what determines your destiny"   

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2007, 08:06:11 AM »
To all those who being negative....

Just hope and pray Carlos ent shit down heself and he performs creditably.

This is a good move by Carlos, it is not easy to move, uproot your family, change house, get new school, new job for the wife etc.

Carlos is not a spring chicken. From a business point of view he is a gamble.

Say thanks for small mercies and Carlos all the best. Good luck to you and your new club and show them that you are worth more than 1.5 million pounds.

Lastly I feel Southampton could sneak in 2nd place and Sunderland could win the playoff.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2007, 09:52:23 AM »
well done Mr. Edwards....god bless and all de best.....never mind some of these c#nts  ( lime kickers)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »
Good Move by Carlos... I really cyah see Dwight influencing the man to make a crappy career choice... Remember when men was beating up on Dwight when he sign for Sunderland???? They were dead last and many here wrote the team off. I could honestly see them making it to the prem....

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »
I'm very sad at this move. I wanted to see an EPL team pick him up.

**alerts suicide watch**

Look I eh depressed and on prozac brotha. Who on this board really want to see Carlos at Sunderland. Sunderland was only hot for those seasons Kevin Phillips was hot and lets be frank. We want our players in the EPL.

Dctrini, BIG, BIG RESPECT BOSS, fuh yuh post, short and straight in de heart . Ah bunch ah people here, dey just being 2 face, dey typing ah set ah long speech tuh look good. We doh wah hear dat s**t, about de possibilities of him moving up now or when he reach 40years old, or de team chances in de play offs and all dat nonsense. IF all yuh want tuh think like dat, it have a lot ah games still, go and draw up all de possibilities and Luton have ah chance 2, so ah doh  see all yuh point. All yuh missing de point, read dctrini short post, it is de straight up truth, "who wanted tuh see Carlos at Sunderland, we want our players in de EPL" We wish him all de best, and we all know de chances Sunderland and de other teams getting promoted, but de point is people disappointed. De thread about Carlos was up fuh ah while now, why if all yuh know so much, all yuh should of post all yuh thing before, everybody posts about where is better fuh him 2 sweat. Today "KNOWER" and dem want tuh act like it is cool fuh him tuh be at Sunderland, well it is not, he will get our love and support still, but de EPL is de real deal. Jones and Stern, dey got some descent sweat in de EPL wid dey teams, ah wouldn't mention Yorke in dis, cuz he was already turning up people in de EPL, wid Villa. So how de 2 previously mentioned players get sweat, but  Carlos wouldn't get some games  ??? All yuh good yes. I is ah supporter tuh meh heart, and ah damn disappointed, straight up like dat. Again, ah know how some ah all yuh soft, so doh take dis personal, we just frustrated and disappointed, so we bringing it out.  ;) HIGHLY BLESSED.

ok supa...ok

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2007, 12:23:17 PM »
Good Move by Carlos... I really cyah see Dwight influencing the man to make a crappy career choice... Remember when men was beating up on Dwight when he sign for Sunderland???? They were dead last and many here wrote the team off. I could honestly see them making it to the prem....

If not this season then deffo next
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2007, 12:35:53 PM »
I am confused.

What is the problem with this move?

Did he turn down Manchester United or Arsenal?

Who else was really ineterested?

How many non-English mid-twenties players do we see getting scooped up by premiership teams?

Add the fact that Sunderland is a BIG club whichever way you slice it and especially compared to Luton, most of the Championship and even some premierleague clubs. They have a large fan base and a huge stadium that was recently built.

Carlos is using his brain, Sunderland is a club with a decent profile and if he performs good things will come to him. At least the man have faith in himself and believes that with his help Sunderland could make a serious push.

I wonder if men here want him to go to a side where he will not get a sweat and will fight up in the reserves.

This was a good move in my opinion.

I agree with all of that, Sunderland are a massive club. Our chairman has said that if we get promoted and establish ourselves as a PL side then the capacity of our ground will be increased from 48,000 to 64,000. We are often called 'a sleeping giant' and with Roy Keane in charge I feel we are about to wake up. When we were in the PL a few seasons ago we got crowds of 48,000 nearly every week and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

Also, Carlos will not be our only signing, we are getting 2 kids from Man Utd and Keane also wants a good striker to push from promotion.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2007, 12:45:03 PM »
I am confused.

How many non-English mid-twenties players do we see getting scooped up by premiership teams?

Add the fact that Sunderland is a BIG club whichever way you slice it and especially compared to Luton, most of the Championship and even some premierleague clubs. They have a large fan base and a huge stadium that was recently built.

Carlos is using his brain, Sunderland is a club with a decent profile and if he performs good things will come to him. At least the man have faith in himself and believes that with his help Sunderland could make a serious push.

I wonder if men here want him to go to a side where he will not get a sweat and will fight up in the reserves.

I agree with all of that, Sunderland are a massive club. Our chairman has said that if we get promoted and establish ourselves as a PL side then the capacity of our ground will be increased from 48,000 to 64,000. We are often called 'a sleeping giant' and with Roy Keane in charge I feel we are about to wake up. When we were in the PL a few seasons ago we got crowds of 48,000 nearly every week and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

Also, Carlos will not be our only signing, we are getting 2 kids from Man Utd and Keane also wants a good striker to push from promotion.
Even though Keano is new in the management business, he seems to be making some  good moves so far. The loan deals that he has sewn up with ManU (keeping the old ties with the gaffer intact) as well as acquiring a player like Carlos Edwards should serve Sunderland well. The "kids" that you guys are getting have some quality... Bardlsey in particular has deputised for Gary Neville and has European Cup experience, while Johnny Evans is highly rated.
Good luck to Sunderland and Carlos Edwards.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2007, 01:06:35 PM »
Good move for Carlos. Sunderland will make playoffs this yr, mark my word. If they dont get promoted this year, they will next season.
Hart for president

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »
Good move for Carlos. Sunderland will make playoffs this yr, mark my word. If they dont get promoted this year, they will next season.

agree 100%

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2007, 01:21:07 PM »
...altho carlos can easily be a starter in the prem in my opinion. But nothing is a given and you never know what couldve happened. At Sunderland he is in a great position for promotion playing for Keane and playing with Dwight.
Hart for president

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2007, 01:37:17 PM »
congrats tuh de man i wish him all de bess  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2007, 02:30:32 PM »
ah feel yorke just make him come so he could have the chance himself to play in the premiership again

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »
When Sunderland was in the pl man like KEVIN PHILLIPS use to light it up,use to be a quality striker,now it's time for Carlos to show his worth,i mean if you really look at it he's been moving to bigger clubs each time he moved. Wrexham he did well there Luton even better now Sunderland which to me is a bigger club than Luton and he will do well there too.

Offline cowman

• New Warrior
  • doubles slight pepper extra kuchela
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2007, 03:53:08 PM »
Welcome to the north east carlos even though i live in newcastle i will be down to support the breddas.
This is a boss move yuh make to a big club who will definitley be in the play off and with a serious chance of promotion.
Hopefully with carlos there Yorkie might wake up a bit as he has not been performing as we know he can.
canny move
that rights side go be cooking with ramco

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2007, 03:57:54 PM »
Great move by Carlos.  In this business where careers are so short, you grab chances as they arise.  Wait for Celtic and others nah?  See if he wouldn't still be in Luton.

With great and consistent performances who is to say that he still wouldn't be the subject of transfer rumours next January? 

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2007, 06:23:37 PM »
Steups, well with the utter mess that Newcastle played yesterday, I was expecting him to be a sure signing.

Sunderland?  Why Yorke gone and talk stupidness in Carlos head, in hopes of realizing his own (selfish) dreams of playing the in EPL again?

I support Carlos, but Sunderland under Keane, who done eh want to let go 'little' caribbean players for national duty is a disappointment.

All in all, though, I did not see the offers that were made nor heard the full circumstances as did Carlos.  Either way, I wish him the best, although I think that he is much better than Sunderland....

P.S.  Carlos, if yuh reading, doh limit yourself with that old talk about warming bench vs. playing for Sunderland.   Any team chasing you right now eh looking to put you on the bench.  They go bench Stern, Yorke, and even Latas (just ask Benhakker) but not you.

Blessings.

oh shut tuh f**k up nuh... Carlos eh no little boy he know very well wut he doin... yuh eh think he eh think this over thoroughly... buh wuh kinda chupidee yuh is boy... STEWPS.

Not only is this a needless response becuase Carlos know what he doin buh think ah de new sunderland fellahz on de board... we'd like to start a good relationship with them... this is a family forum. So stop actin like A.) Carlos is a fool and B.) like Sunderland is a sub standard club.
Jefferz take yuh head out of your father stink latrine nah - the content eh so fresh. 

Read the words in bold again idiot. Who said that he was a fool?  I said that I am disappointed.  The points that I've made are valid.  Keane will pressure Carlos to leave T&T.  Yorke DOES want another shot at the premiership - which IS why he encouraged Carlos to join. 

Point is, Sunderland might well make it to the Primiership, and remain at the bottom whole season.  Will that happen to Newcastle? Unlikely.

Again I did not see the Carlos' offers, but either way I am disappointed.  Having said that, as I've stated before, I wish Carlos the best.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2007, 07:02:25 PM »
Steups, well with the utter mess that Newcastle played yesterday, I was expecting him to be a sure signing.

Sunderland?  Why Yorke gone and talk stupidness in Carlos head, in hopes of realizing his own (selfish) dreams of playing the in EPL again?

I support Carlos, but Sunderland under Keane, who done eh want to let go 'little' caribbean players for national duty is a disappointment.

All in all, though, I did not see the offers that were made nor heard the full circumstances as did Carlos.  Either way, I wish him the best, although I think that he is much better than Sunderland....

P.S.  Carlos, if yuh reading, doh limit yourself with that old talk about warming bench vs. playing for Sunderland.   Any team chasing you right now eh looking to put you on the bench.  They go bench Stern, Yorke, and even Latas (just ask Benhakker) but not you.

Blessings.

oh shut tuh f**k up nuh... Carlos eh no little boy he know very well wut he doin... yuh eh think he eh think this over thoroughly... buh wuh kinda chupidee yuh is boy... STEWPS.

Not only is this a needless response becuase Carlos know what he doin buh think ah de new sunderland fellahz on de board... we'd like to start a good relationship with them... this is a family forum. So stop actin like A.) Carlos is a fool and B.) like Sunderland is a sub standard club.
Jefferz take yuh head out of your father stink latrine nah - the content eh so fresh. 

Read the words in bold again idiot. Who said that he was a fool?  I said that I am disappointed.  The points that I've made are valid.  Keane will pressure Carlos to leave T&T.  Yorke DOES want another shot at the premiership - which IS why he encouraged Carlos to join. 

Point is, Sunderland might well make it to the Primiership, and remain at the bottom whole season.  Will that happen to Newcastle? Unlikely.

Again I did not see the Carlos' offers, but either way I am disappointed.  Having said that, as I've stated before, I wish Carlos the best.

Arhmmm i could be missing something....buh i didnt hear about any confirmed offer from newcastle. Maybe you could put me on to the link or what ever cuz i cant remember hearing newcastle's name mentioned. Even if carlos wanted to go to newcastle......newcastle has to want carlos as well. The man made the choice that was best for him...and i believe all things considered that it would work out for the best. Newcastle wasnt in the equation...so newcastle couldnt have been part of the equation.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »

Blessings.

Arhmmm i could be missing something....buh i didnt hear about any confirmed offer from newcastle. Maybe you could put me on to the link or what ever cuz i cant remember hearing newcastle's name mentioned. Even if carlos wanted to go to newcastle......newcastle has to want carlos as well. The man made the choice that was best for him...and i believe all things considered that it would work out for the best. Newcastle wasnt in the equation...so newcastle couldnt have been part of the equation.

ENT. and tell me 1989... did Yorke Whisper in your ear his sole reason for coaxing Carlos into comming was so that he could go back into the Prem and inturn carelessly jeopardize Carlos loyalty to the socwarriors cuz Keane will keep him in England.

Get your head out of your ass and stop over analyzing.

You may think Carlos deserves alot better than Sunderland but he obviously doesnt.

Nobody made him go... he decided to go... but go ahead nuh... be as unaccommodating to our new Sunderland colleagues as you want.

stewps.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2007, 07:39:12 PM »

Blessings.

ENT. and tell me 1989... did Yorke Whisper in your ear his sole reason for coaxing Carlos into comming was so that he could go back into the Prem and inturn carelessly jeopardize Carlos loyalty to the socwarriors cuz Keane will keep him in England.

You may think Carlos deserves alot better than Sunderland but he obviously doesnt.

Nobody made him go... he decided to go... but go ahead nuh... be as unaccommodating to our new Sunderland colleagues as you want.

stewps.

And like you under analyzing 'cuz it's still too dark in the deep latrine to read and understand.

I've said over and over, I did not see the Carlos' offers.  That does not mean that I am not to be disappointed.  And YES Carlos did say that Yorke encouraged him to join, but I guess that's just out of the altruistic goodness of Yorke's heart huh?

BTW
This has nothing to do with Sunderland Fans.  You over analyzing there.

Leaving all this, as I've said before, I still wish Carlos the best.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »

Blessings.

stewps.

And like you under analyzing 'cuz it's still too dark in the deep latrine to read and understand.

I've said over and over, I did not see the Carlos' offers.  That does not mean that I am not to be disappointed.  And YES Carlos did say that Yorke encouraged him to join, but I guess that's just out of the altruistic goodness of Yorke's heart huh?

BTW

Stewps... ok... lets run this over jackass... If you had any goddamn sense yuh might just find it perfectly normal that countryman and long time team mate will encourage you to come to play professional football with him... I know that may seem devious and conniving to you.. but most of it see it to be quite normal...

And yes of course it has something to do with the fans moron... I know if I was ah sunderland fan I would let you have it with all the shit about you being disappointed he goin to Sunderland... They have a huge fan base... a legend for a manager... solid investors and a team thats on the up not to mention... they already have a true trini legend playing there...

So YES it has something to do with the fans you sour bastard... and just telling Carlos i wish you the best isnt makin up for your irrational comments.

Alright Genius. Read dis over and tell me who soundin chupid.

Stewps. yuh takin ah conspiracy 101 online course awa??

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2007, 08:26:36 PM »
I've said over and over, I did not see the Carlos' offers.  That does not mean that I am not to be disappointed.

So where exactly you wanted carlos to go given the fact that you eh see any of his offers? It isnt like Barcelona was ruthlessly pursuing the man to have cover for messi.....it eh like if SAF or Jose Mourinho come personally to de man door and beg him to play for them and he tell all ah dem hol dey mudders and went and sign for crab connection. The teams i heard were interested were Wigan, Charlton, Sunderland, Birmingham, and Celtic. Lets analyse them on an idividual basis:

Wigan: Seem doomed for a trip back down. Also Luton's bitter rivals. Would it be nice to make no real foward step and face fans that would be a bit displeased that you left them for a bitter rival? Hmmm....I dont know.

Charlton: Seems that the only reason wigan and charlton are in the Premier league is because they need somebody to come last. Thus charlton basically the same as a step to wigan...except different team. How much sense would that make? Hmmm....I dont know...I not carlos edwards

Celtic: Great chance of winning titles right through but the obvious gap in quality between the leaders and the chasing pack would not really be of the sort that would encourage a player to blossom. Plus the worry of breaking into the first team....moving to a new country....Sounds good but in the long term......does carlos want to risk being like SWP and have splinters imbedded on his backside from an extended spell on the bench?? I doh know....I not carlos edwards.

Birhmingham seems set to be promoted however with a gap like that it is possible that a general first team is already established. Enticing.....however given the same manager's treatment of a fellow countryman it might not be as sweet as it seems. Complacency also a factor due to the almost certain promotion possibility. Plausible choice though.

Sunderland: as quite rightly noted are a team with a large following....and a team who is making a definite charge for promotion. Great history....great fans.....and your beloved captain is there who can really help you during the crucial adjustment period and would be interested in your development.

When yuh look at it like that...is basically birhmingham or sunderland. That is when fringe factors come into play. Many times he has stated his gratitude to luton, so at least if leaving it would be nice to make sure they make the most of it. It would be nice to have a close collegue assisting you in your fitting in period......and it would be nice to experience the feeling of promotion against the odds, kinda like having one point from 3 games and still making a world cup. I dunno....i not carlos edwards....but what would you pick? I not vex with the man in the least. Is a upward move....and it shows possibilities of being sensible. All the best carlos. Now...since de ink done dry...de man done get he jersey....he even might get a sweat saturday coming....all who doh like it could lie on their backs...and choke on their own vomit. Dahs jus my view. Buh den again...i not carlos edwards.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »
I am confused.

Agree with both posts.

In addition, I like the optimism of the Sunderland fans and I think that that optimism could be contagious.
I have been following the team a little bit, and now I am hoping that we get to see a lot more of Sunderland.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2007, 03:51:59 AM »
I've said over and over, I did not see the Carlos' offers.  That does not mean that I am not to be disappointed.

So where exactly you wanted carlos to go given the fact that you eh see any of his offers? It isnt like Barcelona was ruthlessly pursuing the man to have cover for messi.....it eh like if SAF or Jose Mourinho come personally to de man door and beg him to play for them and he tell all ah dem hol dey mudders and went and sign for crab connection. The teams i heard were interested were Wigan, Charlton, Sunderland, Birmingham, and Celtic. Lets analyse them on an idividual basis:

Wigan: Seem doomed for a trip back down. Also Luton's bitter rivals. Would it be nice to make no real foward step and face fans that would be a bit displeased that you left them for a bitter rival? Hmmm....I dont know.

Charlton: Seems that the only reason wigan and charlton are in the Premier league is because they need somebody to come last. Thus charlton basically the same as a step to wigan...except different team. How much sense would that make? Hmmm....I dont know...I not carlos edwards

Celtic: Great chance of winning titles right through but the obvious gap in quality between the leaders and the chasing pack would not really be of the sort that would encourage a player to blossom. Plus the worry of breaking into the first team....moving to a new country....Sounds good but in the long term......does carlos want to risk being like SWP and have splinters imbedded on his backside from an extended spell on the bench?? I doh know....I not carlos edwards.

Birhmingham seems set to be promoted however with a gap like that it is possible that a general first team is already established. Enticing.....however given the same manager's treatment of a fellow countryman it might not be as sweet as it seems. Complacency also a factor due to the almost certain promotion possibility. Plausible choice though.

Sunderland: as quite rightly noted are a team with a large following....and a team who is making a definite charge for promotion. Great history....great fans.....and your beloved captain is there who can really help you during the crucial adjustment period and would be interested in your development.

When yuh look at it like that...is basically birhmingham or sunderland. That is when fringe factors come into play. Many times he has stated his gratitude to luton, so at least if leaving it would be nice to make sure they make the most of it. It would be nice to have a close collegue assisting you in your fitting in period......and it would be nice to experience the feeling of promotion against the odds, kinda like having one point from 3 games and still making a world cup. I dunno....i not carlos edwards....but what would you pick? I not vex with the man in the least. Is a upward move....and it shows possibilities of being sensible. All the best carlos. Now...since de ink done dry...de man done get he jersey....he even might get a sweat saturday coming....all who doh like it could lie on their backs...and choke on their own vomit. Dahs jus my view. Buh den again...i not carlos edwards.

What a fantastic post, given the choice between Sunderland and Birmingham IMHO there is only one choice, Sunderland. To be fair, Birmingham look certain to be promoted this season but they aree such an unfashionable club, there manager has no personality (also he is a Newcastle supporter) and they have very little money.

Sunderland may get promoted this season, if not next. We have a fabulous history and were once known as 'The Bank of England Club' as we were the richest club in the country at the time. We have recently fell on hard times but since Niall Quinn (our lord and master) has bought the club and brought Roy Keane in as manager we are a club on the up.

If the rumours are true, we have very wealthy people backing us and we will be to compete with the big boys in the transfer market if we get promoted.

;D

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2007, 05:59:36 AM »
Congrats to Carlos. This is a player that adds energy and excitement to every game he's in.
I have read some of the comments about good vs. bad move but at the end of the day, it's done and we must support his decision, and support his work.
I look forward to watching Carlos in action.
Happy New Year 2007!!
 ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2007, 06:20:31 AM »
Agree with both posts.

In addition, I like the optimism of the Sunderland fans and I think that that optimism could be contagious.
I have been following the team a little bit, and now I am hoping that we get to see a lot more of Sunderland.

I am actually really pleased to see that the Sunderland fans have so much faith in Keane. I know that, based on results, he hasn't been bad but the media is just waiting for him to fail.

The fans who are watching the team week in and week out obviously notice that he is doing something good.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2007, 07:02:29 AM »

Blessings.

stewps.

BTW

Stewps... ok... lets run this over jackass... If you had any goddamn sense yuh might just find it perfectly normal that countryman and long time team mate will encourage you to come to play professional football with him... I know that may seem devious and conniving to you.. but most of it see it to be quite normal...

And yes of course it has something to do with the fans moron... I know if I was ah sunderland fan I would let you have it with all the shit about you being disappointed he goin to Sunderland... They have a huge fan base... a legend for a manager... solid investors and a team thats on the up not to mention... they already have a true trini legend playing there...

So YES it has something to do with the fans you sour bastard... and just telling Carlos i wish you the best isnt makin up for your irrational comments.

Alright Genius. Read dis over and tell me who soundin chupid.

Stewps. yuh takin ah conspiracy 101 online course awa??

fellas and gyuls bring out yuh popcorn

Jefferz vs 1989  ;D

1]; } ?>