April 19, 2024, 09:17:02 PM

Author Topic: Bunji and Fay say ‘I do’  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bunji and Fay say ‘I do’
« on: December 24, 2006, 07:44:12 AM »
Bunji and Fay say ‘I do’
By Gary Cardinez (Trinidad Newsday)

SOCA SWEETHEARTS Ian “Bunji Garlin” Alvarez and Fay-Ann Lyons were married in a small, intimate ceremony yesterday at the the Holiness Revival Ministries Church on French Street, Woodbrook.

The ceremony, conducted by the groom’s older brother, Pastor Marlon Alvarez, was attended by about 50 of the celebrity couple’s friends and relatives. Among the guests were several soca artistes and local entertainment figures including Maximus Dan, Shurwayne Winchester, Nikki Crosby, Jadee, promoter Cliff Harris and Earl Patterson.

From as early as 1.30 pm guests began arriving at the church. As they arrived, they were cheered on by patrons at the Chucks International Bar. They cheered loudly when Bunji, dressed in a white tuxedo, arrived in a stretch limousine. However, they saved their loudest applause for the father of the bride, former Soca Monarch Superblue (Austin Lyons) dressed in his signature blue, when he stepped out of another limo.

It was a proud Superblue who walked up the aisle with his daughter to give her away in marriage to Bunji.

The wedding party comprised 12 grooms men dressed in black tuxedos and 12 bridesmaids in blue gowns.

During a simple ceremony, Pastor Alvarez told the couple that marriage is honourable and of God and it was their responsibility to make their union successful. The couple looked quite calm and shared several jokes before taking their vows.

When they were presented to the congregation as man and wife, the cheers seemed to echo off the walls of the church.

Following the ceremony, the couple and their guests celebrated at an elaborate reception at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji and Fay say ‘I do’
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:13:18 AM »
may you two have many happy years together
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
i like how superblue in a blue suit... :rotfl:

It's about time dey get married...bunji is one lucky man... :beermug:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 02:27:05 PM »
whattt...bunji do it in style man, i like that.  all the best to the new couple, may they live long and prosper.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 02:37:35 PM »
allyuh eh notice faye ann chain is a lock..lol
bunji is a boss
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »
when ah saw the info on the guardian i wondered if blue woulda walk her down
i'm happy that he did.

blessings to the couple and continued sweet music together  :beermug:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 03:20:10 PM »
when ah saw the info on the guardian i wondered if blue woulda walk her down
i'm happy that he did.

blessings to the couple and continued sweet music together  :beermug:

Cana .. when is your turn (especially after Friday nite???) ?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 03:24:35 PM »
Cana .. when is your turn (especially after Friday nite???) ?
ya couldnt let de christmas pass wid out dat comment eh  ;D ;D ;D ;D
He does drink MORE beers dan Cana
never tought i would ever see dat :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

<goes and hides in de Forum Bomb Shelter>
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 04:40:08 PM »
allyuh ent notice how skinny super get, he looking real gone thru boy, God go bless de marraige but bunji need tuh help he father in law, so much talent juss waste juss so.. >:(

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca monarchs unite
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 12:12:02 PM »
Soca monarchs unite
By Cordielle Street

What could one expect at the wedding of two of soca’s top artistes—one of whom is a three-time International Soca Monarch and the other a Road March Queen?

Clichés would not do justice to the ceremony and the couple, Ian “Bunji Garlin” Alvarez and Faye-Ann Lyons, but one cannot resist the temptation to gorge on the trite phrases in an attempt to capture the moment.

A STAR-STUDDED AFFAIR
From ragga soca master Maximus Dan to soca songstress Destra to 2006 Soca Monarch Shurwayne Winchester, members of the entertainment fraternity gathered to witness the wedding ceremony at the Holiness Revival Christian Church, French Street, Port-of-Spain on Saturday.

Neil “Iwer” George, Mr King, Bajan producer Peter Coppin, Jadee, Fireball, Singing Sandra, Nikki Crosby, Scarface, promoters Cliff Harris and Signal II Noise were but a few of the “familiar faces” at the Centre of Excellence reception.

Add a gorgeous Bits and a sparkling Candy Hoyte, two of 13 bridesmaids, and Brian Manning, son of Prime Minister Patrick Manning, the line-up was just about complete.

WEDDING OF THE CENTURY
Despite reports to the contrary, the bride, daughter of four-time Soca Monarch and eight-time Road March King Austin “Super Blue” Lyons, got married in a stunning white wedding gown, complete with an intricately-designed train and a crown well fit for a soca queen.

In fact, the groom complimented his intended as he was garbed in a white three-piece ensemble complete, with a pair of snazzy white shades.

His 12 groomsmen, a few of whom were his Asylum band members, were outfitted in black suits, mirroring the look of Alvarez, with each sporting black shades.

The iridescent appearance of the bridesmaids’ gowns kept one guessing their true colour, which fell somewhere between the shades of aquamarine and turquoise.

The hall, decorated by none other than the bride and her wedding party, was a royal blue and a white garden filled with caricatures of butterflies perched on walls, tables and floral arrangements.

SOCA SWEETHEARTS
Bunji Garlin and his bride Faye-Ann pledged their love and steadfastness for one another no less than three times in a ceremony conducted by his brother, Pastor Marlon Alvarez.

Holding each other’s right hand in a solid grasp, the couple recited their vows with booming voices, dispelling any doubt that their minds were not fixed on a joint future.

Pastor Alvarez intoned duty and fulfilling the “will of God” to the couple and those gathered, also speaking of his disappointment that marriage is no longer highly valued.

Later, at the reception, mother of the groom, Henrietta Alvarez told her son and daughter-in-law to remain humble and always be willing to forgive one another whenever differences occurred.

Father of the groom, Ted Benn, stole the show with his “lyrics” and levity, including advice to Bunji to become the fourth greatest lover the world has ever known, he being the third, Romeo the first and King Edward VIII the second.

Father of the bride, SuperBlue, captured the sentimentality of the moment.

Dressed in—what else—but a three-piece blue suit, SuperBlue briefly serenaded the couple before reminding Bunji that his daughter was not an “easy one to catch.”

And, it was he who introduced the couple. SuperBlue left them with a mild warning that he’ll forever be watching.

TALENTED FAMILY
June Alvarez, accompanied by the Trinidad Guardian’s Marvin Smith, serenaded her brother and his wedding party with a semi-operatic portrayal of The Prayer.

Grandmother of the bride, Ruby Steele, could not resist singing a love song for the couple.

Terri Lyons, while resting her vocals, took to the dance floor with her father during a soca parang session, courtesy Los Dinamicos from the South.

Pannist Dane Gulston opened the reception accompanied by a live band, led by guitarist Vince Rivers.

Shania Twain’s You’re Still The One was the chosen piece for the couple’s first dance.

FEAST FIT FOR THE GODS
Creole, Indian, Chinese and wild meat were the sub-headings of the courses offered to delight the palates of guests.

Coo Coo, callaloo, steamed fish, macaroni pie, pigeon peas, avocado and other offerings piled onto plates of patrons preferring to dine a la Creole.

Those whose taste buds ached for curried chicken, pumpkin, curried potato, shrimp and buss-up-shut, found them available in abundance.

Chinese-styled chicken with jasmine rice was followed by an assortment of wild meats, leaving very little room for a range of desserts, including fudge and the Christmas must-have of black cake.

Corn soup, bake and shark, souse and last, but not least, a doubles vendor, rounded off the feasting.

UPTOWN FETE
It came as no surprise that as the night progressed artistes gathered and “blessed the mike” with a song or two.

But it may have shocked some guests to see the bride, in her second “wedding gown,” jumping on stage for a soca sweat.

From road march winner “Display” to Bunji’s 2006 offering “Bombs,” the couple gave their guests a run of their hits which ended the wedding where they will soon have to start Carnival 2007.

And if symbols are enough to speak volumes, a “blinging” silver padlock around the neck of the bride said it all.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 08:21:02 PM »
picks and video on pointalive

http://www.pointalive.com/
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Crissy D

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 10:35:21 AM »
They make the perfect couple. Same careers, same nationality, same appearance, probably same goals in life..... I look forward to seeing them grow together.
If yuh have it..........flaunt it!

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 04:09:14 PM »
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »
very few girls look better in a white pants than fay-ann  ;D.....that girl sweet too bad...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 05:31:12 PM »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 10:38:39 PM »
nah! is really ah winter jacket family wearing ova he suit here: http://www.southtrini.com/Photo%20Albums/Weddings/Fay%20Ann%20&%20Bunji%20Wed/slides/Fay%20&%20Ian%20236.html

ENT!...de temp does drop early afternoon/evening in Tunapuna, so fred prepared like ah good boyscout.....ah starting de bacchanal....Faye Anne lookin like ah serious meal  eh!...buh whosoever do she face fuhget an leave ah serious outline dey yes!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:40:49 PM by Ent! »

1]; } ?>