April 29, 2024, 01:26:49 AM

Author Topic: Jagielka hits out at Arsenal's 'big babies'  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jagielka hits out at Arsenal's 'big babies'
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=398243&cc=5739

Arsenal's nemesis Phil Jagielka claims the 'big baby' Gunners refused to shake his hand after he had kept them at bay during their shock 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United.

Jagielka was the Blades' hero, retreating from his favoured forward position to replace the injured Paddy Kenny in goal as the hosts held on to their narrow advantage in Saturday night's Premiership fixture.

The response from Arsene Wenger's beaten stars did not entirely surprise him.

'If they want to be like big babies, let them be big babies,' he said. 'We expect that now from Arsenal - we have had it a couple of times. They don't care to shake hands; they get very upset.'

'That's what happens when you have a lot of foreign players who don't like the nitty gritty of the Premiership.

'I'm sure they are just disappointed to lose, but as far as I am concerned you have still got to be sporting enough to offer a handshake.'
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Jagielka hits out at Arsenal's 'big babies'
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 08:43:54 AM »
You have the choice to shake someones hand if they don't want to thats their choice but yes its a football match no one got insulted Arsenal lost, thats all the players should of shook their hands if they didn't.
but on another note which is really unrelated to football
'That's what happens when you have a lot of foreign players who don't like the nitty gritty of the Premiership.

:rotfl: This is all this country has complained about on the TV, Radio & Everywhere you turn in 2005 & 2006 I expect it to continue for 2007 no suprise from Jagielka  Lee Bowyer & John Terry are probably his distant cousins. Lets blame everything on Foreigners when we don't get our way :rotfl:

& What Jagielka really know about Prem, hes been there one season & might be going straight back down  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 08:54:43 AM by Carib-briton »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »
You have the choice to shake someones hand if they don't want to thats their choice

Yeh it's their choice, but it's disrespectful if someone offers their hand in a sincere spirit and the other person refuses it.
It would also be Jagielka's choice to hit them a slap for disrespect.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:21:24 AM »
Yeh it's their choice, but it's disrespectful if someone offers their hand in a sincere spirit and the other person refuses it.
BIG difference between the two actions
1) Disrespect
2) Assault
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:17:23 AM »
You have the choice to shake someones hand if they don't want to thats their choice

Did you even finish reading the post? lol you get excited yes lmao like West Coast said there is a big difference, seems you didn't know :rotfl:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:26:26 AM »
You have the choice to shake someones hand if they don't want to thats their choice but yes its a football match no one got insulted Arsenal lost, thats all the players should of shook their hands if they didn't.

:rotfl: This is all this country has complained about on the TV, Radio & Everywhere you turn in 2005 & 2006 I expect it to continue for 2007 no suprise from Jagielka  Lee Bowyer & John Terry are probably his distant cousins. Lets blame everything on Foreigners when we don't get our way :rotfl:

& What Jagielka really know about Prem, hes been there one season & might be going straight back down  :rotfl:

...and especially with a nice sounding british name like Jagielka  :devil: ..wonder where his parents were from  ::)
Reminds me of the time I was late for a train in london and this man with an obvious pakistani look and accent ...referred to me and my wife, who is british, as ..you bloody foreigners !

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 02:01:17 PM »

...and especially with a nice sounding british name like Jagielka  :devil: ..wonder where his parents were from  ::)
Reminds me of the time I was late for a train in london and this man with an obvious pakistani look and accent ...referred to me and my wife, who is british, as ..you bloody foreigners !
You ever heard of Migration from many years ago? I have a English Second name? does that make me English soley on that?  Many People Born & Bred In Trinidad have English Surnames. They are English now? ok Think about what your saying instead of comparing it to extracts of your life story.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 03:40:02 PM »
Yes Carib-Briton, I did finish reading your post.

The Earth is round, snow is cold, and fire is hot.

but yes its a football match no one got insulted Arsenal lost, thats all the players should of shook their hands if they didn't.

No one got insulted?  Then why is Jagielka talking about it?

Just because they "have the choice" doesn't mean it wasn't disrespectful and it doesn't excuse the behaviour.
It's a principle.
If, according to you and West Coast, "having a choice" does not excuse hitting a man a slap then it doesn't excuse intentionally snubbing a handshake.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »
You ever heard of Migration from many years ago? I have a English Second name? does that make me English soley on that?  Many People Born & Bred In Trinidad have English Surnames. They are English now? ok Think about what your saying instead of comparing it to extracts of your life story.

The man was making a point in support of your criticism of  misguided "nationalists".

I believe that he was saying that with a name like Jagielka, Jagielka's ancestors were probably once the same foreigners that he is currently disparraging.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »
i couldnt give ah shit...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »

I think it is you who better think before you write. You missed the point completely... I said the same thing when wenger was beefing about foreigners owning british clubs to make the point that it seems to be the very foreigners or descendents of foreigners who do the most complaining. The story about the pakistani was to illustrate the very point ...I cant imagine how you missed that ..... AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 06:38:39 PM »
Just because they "have the choice" doesn't mean it wasn't disrespectful and it doesn't excuse the behaviour.
It's a principle.
If, according to you and West Coast, "having a choice" does not excuse hitting a man a slap then it doesn't excuse intentionally snubbing a handshake.
aye dat fella making a big deal about nothing
He should have just pointed out that the players are Very Sore losers
that is all he should do
dem players who did not shake his hand are children.
simple
his comment 'That's what happens when you have a lot of foreign players who don't like the nitty gritty of the Premiership.
is unnecessary
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »
Yes Carib-Briton, I did finish reading your post.

The Earth is round, snow is cold, and fire is hot.

but yes its a football match no one got insulted Arsenal lost, thats all the players should of shook their hands if they didn't.

No one got insulted?  Then why is Jagielka talking about it?

It's a principle.

Sekkle urself I was talking about the Arsenal Players  during game (WELL I ASSUME NO ONE GOT INSULTED DURING THE GAME) I said I believe the Arsenal Players should of shook their hands HENCE I said you didn't read my post. I never said it wasn't disrespectful, think about why I said the Arsenal Players should of shook their hands & Why the hell would I tell the Arsenal Players to shake their hands NOW? Oh yeah go all the way to sheffield and shake their hands ::) Switch on your thinking cap
Like you've had a bad day stop trying to make a arguement out of nothing
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 07:46:54 PM by Carib-briton »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »

The man was making a point in support of your criticism of  misguided "nationalists".

I believe that he was saying that with a name like Jagielka, Jagielka's ancestors were probably once the same foreigners that he is currently disparraging.
Apology to Him then

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 11:03:50 PM »

Sekkle urself I was talking about the Arsenal Players  during game (WELL I ASSUME NO ONE GOT INSULTED DURING THE GAME) I said I believe the Arsenal Players should of shook their hands HENCE I said you didn't read my post. I never said it wasn't disrespectful, think about why I said the Arsenal Players should of shook their hands & Why the hell would I tell the Arsenal Players to shake their hands NOW? Oh yeah go all the way to sheffield and shake their hands ::) Switch on your thinking cap

You lost me there.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 12:22:12 AM »
Jagielka has about as much personality as a dial tone anyway.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 02:45:04 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

oh lord.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 08:45:29 AM »

You lost me there.
Forget It
lol

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »
assanal and sheffield belong in d same toilet bowl!!! :rotfl:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 09:48:04 AM »
Arsenal rest a serious cutass on Charlton though. 
And Henry is back from injury.
Look wa happen last year, he was out in the earlies and then come and destroy defenders for the rest of the season.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 10:28:10 AM »
Arsenal rest a serious cutass on Charlton though. 
And Henry is back from injury.
Look wa happen last year, he was out in the earlies and then come and destroy defenders for the rest of the season.
man, I flippin hope so
I have Henry in my fantasy team
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
Arsenal have always been poor sports when things don't go their way.....this is no suprise.

1]; } ?>