April 18, 2024, 12:10:11 PM

Author Topic: perspective  (Read 1290 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
perspective
« on: July 12, 2005, 05:32:41 PM »
In the aftermath of a disgraceful performance, I can understand that everyone on the forum is venting their frustrations. Funny enough these are the same people who were about to jump on the Beenie Man bandwagon and prematurely speak about going to Germany for sure yadda yadda after the first 2 qualifiers with the dutchman in charge......People need to put everything in perspective.

1. Beenie Man is a reputable coach. His resume is stacked and I have faith in his competence. He did not turn from a "boss coach" to a poor tactician between taking over and leading us through the Gold Cup. He is still getting used to the team, still experimenting, he is human, will make mistakes and most of all he is not a miracle worker. We have to keep the faith that he will do the right thing when it counts most.

2. A new coach is not going to solve all of our problems. We still have the same crop of players, many of whom are very incapable at the world stage, and sad but true, there are many weaknesses in our squad that cannot be coached or un-coached.

After this Gold Cup, it is clear that not as huge of an imrovement as we expected, has been made, but there has been some improvement, and given the short space of time that Beenie has been in charge, there is still some promise for the upcoming games. Let us not mirror the short sightedness of the TTFA in our comments and opinions. We may very well not go to Germany. Frankly at this point we do not yet deserve to. At the end of the day..............we need to stay positive and most of all keep perspective. If, not you're just wasting time and energy supporting the squad.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: perspective
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:50:43 PM »
Done the shit talk nah!!!!!!! Experiementation what? The coaching is not one to zero in on for me but  the  game we are playing does not seem to suit our style? what is our style? I eh even know at this time.

Defensively we have a sloid unit to build from but we are woeful in our attack and midfield help.
Tell me why a squad like Jamacia with mostly local players could play so well aganist  teams like S.A and Guatemala and we ketching we nennin agaist a young Columbian team. all we needed was to even play for a draw!!!! oh lad how tought does it get?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 05:53:50 PM »

After this Gold Cup, it is clear that not as huge of an imrovement as we expected, has been made, but there has been some improvement, and given the short space of time that Beenie has been in charge, there is still some promise for the upcoming games.

Very well said.  I will be the first to say that after viewing the Mexico game I thought that our standard of play had improved to the point that we would be a serious contenders for de Gold Cup.  Sad to say those thoughts were truly premature.  We still have a ways to go to return to the top of Caribbean football much less Concacaf.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 05:57:55 PM »
VERY INCONSISTENT SO FAR DESCRIBES OUR PERFORMANCE. In WCQ: Costa Rica redemption; Panama peaking; Mexico commanding at times and then......... what da fork?

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 07:14:52 PM »
Sorry Alberta but we were never commanding against Mexico.  In fact this game reminds me very much of the Mexico game.  The difference being supporter perception.

1]; } ?>