June 04, 2024, 02:49:56 AM

Author Topic: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad.  (Read 30146 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad.
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2007, 04:57:29 AM »
I am very happy to see Tinto make the squad. The Hardest inclusion is also very promising. I will attend all T&T games in this tournament. The team is playing a 4-4-2 system and I can't wait to see how they'll line up. Judging from the players selected I think Wim is going to take an enterprising approach. It should be very entertaining.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 06:23:42 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2007, 05:12:50 AM »
Good luck to the Warriors!

Imagine we cant even get a first choice local team now, LOL.

Good opportunity for some new blood though.

For me, qualifying for the Gold Cup will be mission accomplished.

Winning the Cup will be fantastic for T&T football... The confidence will do a world of good to the foreign based top pros and other local "regulars" for the coming year.

Lets go T&T!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2007, 06:21:57 AM »
I feel they will give Tiger the captaincy just because of the CNC interview. Whether or not that was arranged without the TTFF involvement, he come across as the team spokesperson and he have some experience and intelligence and a high level of discipline and committment.

If Wim and Anton doh really feel the captain important and just want to give it to somebody, they will give it to Glasgow or Theobald because they are the only ones who have been around the team a lot since Beenie take over. Then again, both Whitley and Cyd Gray wear the armband since the dutch influence so I figure they will give it to Theobald.

Based on the style of play we have been using since Beenie's influence, we will see Theobald and Hardest in the centre but just keeping the shape and keeping it simple, the attacking play will come from the wings, so sorry to disappoing TI but we probly not getting to see skils for so from the "Ghetto Youths".
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2007, 06:35:28 AM »
I feel they will give Tiger the captaincy just because of the CNC interview. Whether or not that was arranged without the TTFF involvement, he come across as the team spokesperson and he have some experience and intelligence and a high level of discipline and committment.

If Wim and Anton doh really feel the captain important and just want to give it to somebody, they will give it to Glasgow or Theobald because they are the only ones who have been around the team a lot since Beenie take over. Then again, both Whitley and Cyd Gray wear the armband since the dutch influence so I figure they will give it to Theobald.

Based on the style of play we have been using since Beenie's influence, we will see Theobald and Hardest in the centre but just keeping the shape and keeping it simple, the attacking play will come from the wings, so sorry to disappoing TI but we probly not getting to see skils for so from the "Ghetto Youths".

I'm thinking the same thing, giving Tiger the armband. Theobald may have the most caps but is way too exciteable and naive. Glasgow and Jemmott doesn't seem to be captain material. Tiger is by far the most articulate of the bunch.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2007, 06:36:57 AM »
I am suprise Fabien Lewis eh make de side I hear he shine for de foreign based team.

I say give Jan Williams de captain armband, a goalie makes a decent captain once he vocal.

Who allyuh feel will get cut come Saturday.... Noreiga get cut from a A League side, wonder if he might get cut ? or maybe Fitzpartick, he fit, but he dont make good passes, he has poor techniques, but I have not seen him in a while so maybe he improve ?

Julius James decent, but he real slow and love to just kick de ball out to no one in particular. Something like what Andrews use to do. But still like him, I hope he gets another chance.

Not a bad team though, Dwarika would have add some creativity to this midfield which is improtant..... I saw de man play 2 weeks ago, he red hot right now and his experience would have done good, even if he is used as a sub, but say what...

Clyde Leon is back to full fitness and is with W Connection is Brazil.

Stephen David I am suprise never got re-called.

Toussaint and Pacheco real mess up and discipline is very important to this youthfull squad.

Anybody know whats going on with Cornell Glen, Derek Phillips and Judah Hernandez ?

Foreign players like Kevin Nelson, Andre Boucaud, Jason Norville, Ricky Shakes, Kevaughn Connell, Ainsley Romany, Malcolm Granado, Michael Allyn, Nigel Henry, Tiba McKnight and Cory Alleyne should have been invited from de start just for a trial....

I hope this team atleast play one game before de Digicel starts. Venezuela is a good test.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 07:25:58 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2007, 07:10:47 AM »
I'm glad that Tiger get a chance again.

I was sorry that Beenie ddn't give him a decent chance.

VB

he was on the bench against mexico he was seen in training a few times
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
I am very glad for these youngsters and new players but I can't help but comment that things looking very dicey for T&T. Dey go need real prayers dread as this is a very radical change of the team

I hate to be a pessimist but ah have to agree with you on this one,still I wish them all the best. 

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2007, 07:50:19 AM »
Congrats to all who have worked hard and made the final team congrats gentlemen.

But let me be the one to state publicly what many are thinking but fraid to say because they doe want to get fightdown on the board.

That TT side under some serious pressure and Gold Cup qualifying looking very doubtful.

Before this tournament start I say we coulda win it.

Then I didn't know about the Jabloteh debacle and I still say we coulda win in.

Then Fenwick 4cup and I say things looking grim.

As it stands I say we getting knockout, Bimshire drawing with we, Haiti beating us and we will beat Guadeloupe but not have enough goal difference to get thru.

Until I see this side do something versus Bimshire I am sticking to my opinion.

Now I want the side win eh...I want TT win bad. But I am expecting the worse and hoping for the best. So that if indeed we get licks it will not come as any shock and surprise and I will leave you all to defend the board against Bimblast.

I am very disheartened that our expectation of this team is not to win the damn tournament...but mainly to qualify for the gold cup. Saying this is the main goal and big picture ( Bullshit..we hosting a tournament and we shooting ourselves in the foot) It just shows the low goals and expectations that have been set for this side.

Now why the doom and gloom, why the fight down.....it is not fight down. It is being realistic, let me share with you why I feeling how I feeling bout this side.

T&T Digicel Cup Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers).......

Dese fellas safe, if is anybody to WIN or draw a game for us it will be these two men. They have to save better than Shaka vs Sweden and be on point (the only bright spot for me) on this TT side.

Defenders:

Nicholson Thomas (W Connection), Seon Power (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Yohance Marshall (University of South Florida), Anthony Noreiga (unattached), Dwayne Jack (Tobago United), Osei Telesford (Liberty University).

This is where my biggest problem lies and TT as well. You have a young defence who has never played a competitive match together..... yet we going into tournament. Six of the seven defenders have zero caps at senior level. Three is university players, one unnattached and one player who never see he side win a game in three pfl seasons and showed he was completely out of his depth when he last played for TT against inferior opposition.

Alyuh have confidence we will not concede. Good for you. Not I, I am losing no sleep over this back 4.

Midfielders:

Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers), Leslie Fitzpatrick (unattached), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa).

Besides Tiger, who winning a ball in the midfield? Also Tiger has a lot of detractors who do not think he is up to this level of ball. I however have faith in Tiger to do well in this tournament and provide the hustle and spark...but he is just one player. Denzil have the stature and finish of a doubles paper....barely gets the job done, flimsy at best. Hardest is not known for his defensive qualities.

You need steel in the midfield and the team that controls the middle wins the game. I seeing plenty work for the back TT four.

Forwards:

Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Abiola Clarence (University of Incarnate Word), Christian Baptiste (Defence Force), Joel Bailey (Monreal Impact), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards).

I would assume that the starting fwds are Sealy and Glasgow. Sealy I have faith in but Glasgow....the ship sail for he long time. Since he break his leg he has never been the same player. He will do everything right, he will trap and turn on a dime, he will beat 3-4 men, he will roly-poly the keeper and then he will miskick and miss an open goal.
I ent looking for nuttin from he.

Abiola Clarence can play, he have speed and pace, but I am unsure of his capabilites on a big field as I have only seen him in small goal sweats in TT. Maybe he is up to the task.

Not sure of Baptiste or Bailey.

So folks there you have it. My opinion and I want the TT players and staff to PROVE ME WRONG.

Them fellas getting a baptism of fire and have been thrown at the deep end and from what I see it ent have much who could swim, some still using armwings, and some now learn to do the doggie paddle.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 07:57:05 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2007, 08:02:58 AM »
touches what you say whould be a whole new topic. bUt any way them bajans would have ifil and a few other english base it seems so they will be trouble...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2007, 08:16:29 AM »
Tiger on the team  :rotfl: TIGER!!!! name I see there?  ???  :rotfl: OMG

Where Julius James? I wonder why he didn't get selected boy? Don't worry James...continue to work hard and good things will come your way son. The American culture respect you and value your hard work. Trinidad...your birthplace don't give you that kind of respect. Keep at it son. It must be lil frustrating but keep your head up. You are a decent player.

Kingman

Tiger go mek yuh look foolish... dey call he tiger becasue he always said he will get his stripes no matter what... he's ah hard worker... ah quality that that ensures you one the one chance to make things right.

Tiger go make me look foolish?  :rotfl: ok.....  :rotfl: It have nothing to do with  why they call him Tiger. Steups!!!!!!! The Tiger of the past is not the Tiger presently. I not even going to bother to give you too much explanation. Real footballing personnel would know what I am talking about.

Morvant, the reason why I mention your boy James is that he has come a long way and achieved a lot. Although he not favored by many, he deserve some sort of respect and should have been rewarded for his efforts. And since Trinidad usually select players based on there accomplishments and there name then I think James should have gotten selected as well.

I agree with a goalkeeper being the captain Sam. I am very happy that Darryl and Osei make the team. They deserve it. Kwame thirsty and I think is the thirsty players that will produce for the goods for us. I hope he do not get carried away and want to carry the load by himself.

Anthony Noreiga got no respect from Whitecaps, but Trinidad gives him utmost respect.  ::)  :rotfl: I love my country boy....Trinidad sweet!!!!  :D

ps: - Kingman touching shores sunday please god.  ;) I will be there for 10 days. I have to make the game/s. I will be there giving live reports

Kingman
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:25:23 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2007, 08:17:54 AM »
I agree 100% Touches that we hosting so we should win the whole ting but since inTT football it like carnival must have some bacchanal I would hope for Gold Cup qualification because we continue to shoot ourselves in our foot. See ya at the stadium
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2007, 08:18:44 AM »
lawd have mercy.. look level blows for we.. if man like wutless hardnest dey in de team it means one ting!!!!!!! level licking for we.. I still glad we going all local though .. I like it . Licks or no licks I supporting de locals straight.. Trinidad will not be the favorites here to win wid dat squad but its really nice to see de locals playing!!!!!!!!!!!
war...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2007, 08:23:28 AM »
Congrats to all who have worked hard and made the final team congrats gentlemen.

But let me be the one to state publicly what many are thinking but fraid to say because they doe want to get fightdown on the board.

That TT side under some serious pressure and Gold Cup qualifying looking very doubtful.

As it stands I say we getting knockout, Bimshire drawing with we, Haiti beating us and we will beat Guadeloupe but not have enough goal difference to get thru.

Now I want the side win eh...I want TT win bad. But I am expecting the worse and hoping for the best. So that if indeed we get licks it will not come as any shock and surprise and I will leave you all to defend the board against Bimblast.

I am very disheartened that our expectation of this team is not to win the damn tournament...but mainly to qualify for the gold cup. Saying this is the main goal and big picture ( Bullshit..we hosting a tournament and we shooting ourselves in the foot) It just shows the low goals and expectations that have been set for this side.

Now why the doom and gloom, why the fight down.....it is not fight down. It is being realistic, let me share with you why I feeling how I feeling bout this side.

T&T Digicel Cup Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers).......

Dese fellas safe, if is anybody to WIN or draw a game for us it will be these two men. They have to save better than Shaka vs Sweden and be on point (the only bright spot for me) on this TT side.

Defenders:

Nicholson Thomas (W Connection), Seon Power (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Yohance Marshall (University of South Florida), Anthony Noreiga (unattached), Dwayne Jack (Tobago United), Osei Telesford (Liberty University).

This is where my biggest problem lies and TT as well. You have a young defence who has never played a competitive match together..... yet we going into tournament. Six of the seven defenders have zero caps at senior level. Three is university players, one unnattached and one player who never see he side win a game in three pfl seasons and showed he was completely out of his depth when he last played for TT against inferior opposition.

Alyuh have confidence we will not concede. Good for you. Not I, I am losing no sleep over this back 4.

Midfielders:

Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers), Leslie Fitzpatrick (unattached), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa).

Besides Tiger, who winning a ball in the midfield? Also Tiger has a lot of detractors who do not think he is up to this level of ball. I however have faith in Tiger to do well in this tournament and provide the hustle and spark...but he is just one player. Denzil have the stature and finish of a doubles paper....barely gets the job done, flimsy at best. Hardest is not known for his defensive qualities.

You need steel in the midfield and the team that controls the middle wins the game. I seeing plenty work for the back TT four.

Forwards:

Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Abiola Clarence (University of Incarnate Word), Christian Baptiste (Defence Force), Joel Bailey (Monreal Impact), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards).

I would assume that the starting fwds are Sealy and Glasgow. Sealy I have faith in but Glasgow....the ship sail for he long time. Since he break his leg he has never been the same player. He will do everything right, he will trap and turn on a dime, he will beat 3-4 men, he will roly-poly the keeper and then he will miskick and miss an open goal.

Abiola Clarence can play, he have speed and pace, but I am unsure of his capabilites on a big field as I have only seen him in small goal sweats in TT. Maybe he is up to the task.

So folks there you have it. My opinion and I want the TT players and staff to PROVE ME WRONG.

Them fellas getting a baptism of fire and have been thrown at the deep end and from what I see it ent have much who could swim, some still using armwings, and some now learn to do the doggie paddle.

I agree with you on this one touches and yuh no what's ironic about all of this,I told men on this board watch out for barbados and haiti and they laugh at meh,saying it could never happen in ah million years,well I could imagine how after seeing this line-up,them small teams must be relishing there chances of beating T&T,we standing on dangerous ground right now,and if we don't do well or win the tournament,qualifying for 2010 could be out of reach plus I ent sure about that gold cup.

Boy I tell you!      

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »
lets get it on.....red,white and black......we have some football to watch.....or else travel to see international football......all the best boys
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2007, 09:14:53 AM »
This is the best tournament for the young bloods to cut their teeth. Win, lose or draw.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2007, 09:21:32 AM »
Bailey had to be pretty good to make the side after he was injured for most of the training. I know he was ripping up when he was in university away and was highly rated...but still.

Then again, minus 12 jabloteh players it was really a choice of 21 out of 29 so 8 men get drop and they could have been dropped for any number of reasons, like they couldn't take time off from school or something, and may not have been strikers anyway.

On another sad note...I heard Cornell break down again. He was at a party just liming, not dancing or anything, and his knee gave away over the holidays. Haven't heard anything about him since. That was a little before christmas.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »

T&T Digicel Cup Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

Touches, I think you are quite appropriate on this one with your balance of worry and wishing well anyway. I agree with the prospects. I would be a little less critical of Glasgow though. He can be played in several positions especially the wing. I didn't think his finishing was that bad. Sealy is the chosen finisher, but I am aware that we are not that deep now on proven finishers. The defense is a big big big worry. Fitzpatrick will do ok at this level. I am one who expects alot from Theobald. Overall we are in big trouble mainly because of the defense. We need to play the ball more along the ground as our strength in the air is much less without Stern, Kenwyn, Dog, Lawrence, Yorke and even Glen who is very good in the air but somehow not yet famous for that in T&T
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 09:48:07 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »
It go have some serious cussin happenin on dis board in de comin weeks.

De one good ting go come outta dis is all de men who talkin bout "happy we goin local" and "men gettin a chance" etc go get dey eye open WIDE in dis tournament.

Me eh understand dis "goin local" lyrics anyway.  I tort everybody who represent T&T LOCAL.

Ah guess not.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Vic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2007, 09:45:34 AM »
Fellas....this list is shocking in many respects...however, the most glaring omissions are in the midfield! Where is the ball-winner in the midfield? WE HAVE NO BALL WINNER!!! Osei could play that role, but he was used almost exclusively as a center back in training.

WHERE IS CONRAD SMITH?  Conrad and Kwame looked by far the best midfielders, overshadowing bleeder and tiger. Tiger looked really off his game...Tinto was comining of the bench for Cali and still he gets picked before Conrad who ran things for Cali in the center with Bleeder....WHERE IS CONRAD?

and Hardest....? All I say is the only man who get more chances than hardest is Croc (Nigel Pierre). I bracing for a cut ass in this tournament.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »
Tiger on the team  :rotfl: TIGER!!!! name I see there?  ???  :rotfl: OMG

Where Julius James? I wonder why he didn't get selected boy? Don't worry James...continue to work hard and good things will come your way son. The American culture respect you and value your hard work. Trinidad...your birthplace don't give you that kind of respect. Keep at it son. It must be lil frustrating but keep your head up. You are a decent player.

Kingman

Tiger go mek yuh look foolish... dey call he tiger becasue he always said he will get his stripes no matter what... he's ah hard worker... ah quality that that ensures you one the one chance to make things right.

Tiger go make me look foolish?  :rotfl: ok.....  :rotfl: It have nothing to do with  why they call him Tiger. Steups!!!!!!! The Tiger of the past is not the Tiger presently. I not even going to bother to give you too much explanation. Real footballing personnel would know what I am talking about.

Morvant, the reason why I mention your boy James is that he has come a long way and achieved a lot. Although he not favored by many, he deserve some sort of respect and should have been rewarded for his efforts. And since Trinidad usually select players based on there accomplishments and there name then I think James should have gotten selected as well.

I agree with a goalkeeper being the captain Sam. I am very happy that Darryl and Osei make the team. They deserve it. Kwame thirsty and I think is the thirsty players that will produce for the goods for us. I hope he do not get carried away and want to carry the load by himself.

Anthony Noreiga got no respect from Whitecaps, but Trinidad gives him utmost respect.  ::)  :rotfl: I love my country boy....Trinidad sweet!!!!  :D

ps: - Kingman touching shores sunday please god.  ;) I will be there for 10 days. I have to make the game/s. I will be there giving live reports

Kingman

hahaha alright Kingman... lets put something down on it... alikkle bet... Fitzpatrick go solidify himself on de team.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »
A few comments:

1 - This side have some licks to get.  You doh bring 11 uncapped players into a senior team at the same time and expect instant results.  The effort is more important than the results at this stage.

2 - Joel Bailey is a boss.  Lil bit on the soft side, but a very explosive player and, more importantly, a goal scorer. Great addition to the team.  Hope he steps up.

3 -  Hardest has more lives than a cat.  How many chances will he be given?  I hope that he brings a new and improved attitude to the game and the National set-up, in line with his tremendous natural talent.

4 - Regarding the Captaincy: can't go wrong with Jan Michael Williams.  

5 - Will we as so-called "die hard" fans understand and have patience when we get licks with this young, untested team?  Or will we be true to form and call for Wim's head, berate players, and call for the foreign-based when things don't go our way initially?

6 - With all that being said, this team does have the talent to qualify, but chemistry will be missing.  If the team has enough talent to make up for that lack of chemistry at this upcoming tournament is left to be seen.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2007, 09:57:29 AM »
some people on this forum were always asking for new blood. This is the appropriate tournament for new blood. And what if  we lose. It will be a learning experience for the debutants
        I don't know why some people losing sleep over our national team,we frustrated,panicking,upset at what's going on,i'm not saying that i'm happy but sometimes we have to look at the positive side of things,in short i support and agree with Deeks reasoning.

I like the team,at the same time i'm not raising my expectations,people already come to conclusions about them,nothing they do will be good enough,who is expected to play crap,they lose already before they even start,they don't have a chance etc

For these guys it's one and done, it's an opportunity of a lifetime,90% of them weather they play good or not it's their last,they know they are only being used to fill a slot,when the foreign based/more experienced players are available they will be sidelined.

All i'm asking is for everyone to be openminded when supporting the team,don't just look for faults look for the good things too,these guys are playing for us they need you.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2007, 09:58:52 AM »
The balance in that midfield is very poor and if they play Tiger on the left he is going to struggle despite the fact that he is left footed he plays better coming through the center.....On a positive note that makan hislop youth is a big one meh partner Kevin Crooks rate him highly ...between  hardest and mr theobald  only one can play the middle and hardest cyah play no where else and densil on the left side is a waste to be honest because then we are guaranteed no crosses ..itll be interesting to see wim's  tactical moves he really in the fire because this is a brand new team actually is a blessing in disguise we doh have the jabloteh players ...ah cyar wait

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2007, 10:06:41 AM »
some people on this forum were always asking for new blood. This is the appropriate tournament for new blood. And what if  we lose. It will be a learning experience for the debutants
        I don't know why some people losing sleep over our national team,we frustrated,panicking,upset at what's going on,i'm not saying that i'm happy but sometimes we have to look at the positive side of things,in short i support and agree with Deeks reasoning.

I like the team,at the same time i'm not raising my expectations,people already come to conclusions about them,nothing they do will be good enough,who is expected to play crap,they lose already before they even start,they don't have a chance etc

For these guys it's one and done, it's an opportunity of a lifetime,90% of them weather they play good or not it's their last,they know they are only being used to fill a slot,when the foreign based/more experienced players are available they will be sidelined.

All i'm asking is for everyone to be openminded when supporting the team,don't just look for faults look for the good things too,these guys are playing for us they need you.

Coop's, I understand where you are comng from, but you seem to be miising 1 point. If this was just a regional competition without any consequence for Concacaf Gold Cup, then it would be BEAUTIFUL to see these cute little youngsters get their feet wet. But Hello! This is GOLD CUP qualifiers. Without any other significant Concacaf tourney till World Cup qualifiers, This is a big big deal. We really cyah afford to lose like Jamaica did. It has tremendous consequences also for our rankings, our momentum in the Pro League, trials for our players and our ability to stay above the caribbean fray
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2007, 10:07:31 AM »

T&T Digicel Cup Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

lemme list de side fuh allyuh fellahs...

we might go 4-5-1 to start off and switch to a 4-4-2, if we go with 5 mids, tinto on the right wing, with wiltshire, bleeder and tiger in the mid, hardest playing up top of the mid, with sealy or galsgow upfront, putting hardest on the wing would be wasting his specialty in the middle... in the back it will be jack, telesford, thomas and power or thomas and makan...

if we playing 4 in the mid, it will be bleeder, hardest, tiger and tinto, sealy and galsgow up top and telesford, jack, thomas and makan/power in the back....

God is de BOSS...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »
Coop's, I understand where you are comng from, but you seem to be miising 1 point. If this was just a regional competition without any consequence for Concacaf Gold Cup, then it would be BEAUTIFUL to see these cute little youngsters get their feet wet. But Hello! This is GOLD CUP qualifiers. Without any other significant Concacaf tourney till World Cup qualifiers, This is a big big deal. We really cyah afford to lose like Jamaica did. It has tremendous consequences also for our rankings, our momentum in the Pro League, trials for our players and our ability to stay above the caribbean fray

EXACTLY!

Some see this as some sort of "development" of we young players.

Dis eh no "development".  Dis is sink or swim and dem youths about to realize dat International ball....regardless of whether it against Bim, Guadeloupe etc, is a ruthless animal and a far different prospect than playing against some college team in de states.

But....plenty people gettin wha dey want.  And dem expeckin de technical staff to transform dis setta water into copious amounts a wine.  Instead....dey more likely to have de opposition winin on we.

But is ok....as long as dem favorite player get a run, or de foreign infidel get run outta town.

By any means necessary eh.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:15:43 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2007, 10:20:33 AM »
well this is the best team available so time fuh them guys to show what the could do

TrinInfinite

Our Bess Defense for the Digicel Cup would be a Great Offense....
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2007, 10:32:11 AM »
People are complaining that our team don't have the defense at the present moment and they have some validity in their argument. The only way we could cope with this noted shortcoming which many have been talking about is to attack, we cannot sit back and defend, not with this team.

We have the weapons in the midfield to attack and run at the defense, so lets do it instead of playing a defensive game, we have players like Hardest, bleeder, wiltshire, tinto, tiger in the mid, let them play a naturally attacking style of football, dont let the defenders try to defend counter attacks, it is in our best interest right now to play the short passing game and keep the ball on the ground and not play the long ball style of football, this is how we will advance and win games in the Digicel.

God is de BOSS....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2007, 10:37:14 AM »
well this is the best team available so time fuh them guys to show what the could do

good point. this is a good team given the circumstances. i wish them the best, especially the fellas getting their first chance.

:salute: :salute:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »
BAAAAAAIIIIIIIILLLLLEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!! De original wips waps! In english, that means joel bailey and a wicked double stepover. Mash dem up dawg, mash dem up

I remember this fella from school days ..serious talent.

Saw him play for the Impact in Montreal this past year. Wasn't impressed, but then Montreal are known as a mostly defensive team, coached by a former defender. The team as a whole tended to run out of ideas in the attacking 3rd. Hopefully Bailey has more to offer than what I saw.

Mose, just some info, Nick De Santis was a forward in Montreal (Luso stars), an played at midfield for Quebec and Canada. You may be getting him tied up with Nick Albanis.

1]; } ?>