April 27, 2024, 04:20:50 PM

Author Topic: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad.  (Read 29739 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad.
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »
Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Team head coach Wim Rijsbergen has selected a 21-man squad to challenge for the 2007 Digicel Caribbean Cup which this country opens on January 12 against Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Following the commencement of training with a squad of 41 players last month, Rijsbergen along with assistant coaches Anton Corneal, Jan Van Deinsen and Brian Williams carried out sessions before the Dutchman finalized his squad which is minus some 12 players from CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh who were initially invited for training but were barred by their club from being available for the tournament due to their Caribbean Club Championship commitments.
Among the more experienced players in the current squad include Densill Theobald, who lined up for the “Soca Warriors” at the 2006 World Cup, Kansas City Wizards striker Scott Sealy, Joe Public striker Gary Glasgow and former Real Salt Lake midfielder Leslie Fitzpatrick.
The rest of the pack is relatively new to the international stage with at least ten players getting the first call to the national team for competition on the international stage. Those ten players include Seon Power, Christian Bapstiste, Abiola Clarence, Kwame Wiltshire, Hayden Tinto, Keeron Benito, Yohance Marshall, Makan Hislop, Osei Telesford and Joel Bailey. Both Hislop and Tinto represented T&T at the Under 20 level while Benito is also a past national youth player. Seon Power had stints with the National Under 17 team of 2001. Telesford and forward Darryl Roberts was in the mix for the Miami training camp under Leo Beenhakker in January leading up the World Cup. Telesford, formerly of Joe Public has showed great promise and was named US Premier Development League “Defender of the Year “ for 2006. Roberts meantime, who was in the squad for T&T’s opening 2006 World Cup qualifier against Dominican Republic is in his final year at Liberty and is the third all time highest scorer there.
The others like Anthony Noreiga and Dwayne Jack have limited international experience while goalkeepers Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip, the other player yet to make his debut, are also relatively new to the international stage. Kerwyn Jemmott earns a recall following a lay off and an inconsistent run of form in the past in national colours. Nicholson Thomas made his debut against Haiti back in July 2003.
Corneal relayed that with Rijsbergen coming into the country on Thursday and resuming duties on Saturday, he had already pinpointed his players for selection and finalized it following consultation with his assistants.
“I think it’s a good situation because we have a lot more players getting a chance to make their mark on the international stage,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
“A lot of times they played a second role to the European-based players so this is a chance to try and seal themselves for selection in future national teams. They should grasp this opportunity. We are also seeing a couple players from this US getting into the national team plus a couple players who have been in an around the national team getting another chance like the Jemmotts and Glasgows,” he added.
Sealy, who also made his debut straight out of US College in June 2005 against Dominican Republic, feels it is important that players like himself, Theobald and Glasgow, with experience on their side, lead by example.
“I think in the past few weeks we got to see new faces who are willing to step up and fight for the place. The tournament is going to be interesting because we have a bunch of new guys who have never played at this level and so it will be a very interesting to see who can step up,” the former St Mary’s College player told TTFF Media on Thursday following a session at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.
“We have guys from College getting into the team and I know myself coming straight out of College and playing for the national team wasn’t easy. Now Digicel Cup is a good way for them to make that start.
“I think we definitely looked at things in practice and at times we get frustrated because we know what the coaches expect of us and these new guys don’t always understand everything… that can sometimes hold things up. But I think we as new guys have to show that patience and we will do it … passing on their experience. We have to maintain a standard to try and make the team better overall. Sometimes we as the more senior players have to show them too why we made it before them and at the same time help them make that transition for the benefit of the team similar to how some of the other senior guys would have done during the last World Cup campaign and before,” Sealy added.
Fitzpatrick and Jemmott were also part of a Digicel promotion on Thursday evening as they partook in a coaching clinic with youngsters at the St Dominic’s Chilrden’s Home in Belmont. The team will resume training on Saturday afternoon at Couva following which one player will be cut.

T&T Digicel Cup Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers).

Defenders:

Nicholson Thomas (W Connection), Seon Power (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Yohance Marshall (University of South Florida), Anthony Noreiga (unattached), Dwayne Jack (Tobago United), Osei Telesford (Liberty University).

Midfielders:

Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers), Leslie Fitzpatrick (unattached), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa).

Forwards:

Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Abiola Clarence (University of Incarnate Word), Christian Baptiste (Defence Force), Joel Bailey (Monreal Impact), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 06:05:05 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »
Kerwyn Jemmot (Superstar Rangers)
TI yuh get ur wish good luck to hardest and the national team,i behind allure 110%
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:27:14 PM by Tallman »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 04:56:58 PM »
I am very glad for these youngsters and new players but I can't help but comment that things looking very dicey for T&T. Dey go need real prayers dread as this is a very radical change of the team
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »
Well if Hardest perform in this tournament.........DAMN!!

TI go hadda get he own forum, with de amount of lyrics he go have for we.. ;D :devil:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »
Well if Hardest perform in this tournament.........DAMN!!

TI go hadda get he own forum, with de amount of lyrics he go have for we.. ;D :devil:

VB

yuh said it...man? The man should ah take up politics...he is ah one man lobby group!

All TI have tuh do now, is quadruple his efforts and by law of averages Hardest should be playing fuh Real Madrid by next season! Either that or he go break the internet.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »

All TI have tuh do now, is quadruple his efforts and by law of averages Hardest should be playing fuh Real Madrid by next season!

Doh give de man no ideas......nex ting yuh go see a thread " I Find Capello taking REAL long for a replacement fuh Zidane.....And here's who i think it should be"

Buh seriously....one positive bout this jabloteh debacle is that real men getting their chance to shine. I hope they make the most of it and i was jus worrying bout nuttin. I real cuss terry fenwick today....i go admit dat. Hope dey really do well. :beermug:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »
BAAAAAAIIIIIIIILLLLLEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!! De original wips waps! In english, that means joel bailey and a wicked double stepover. Mash dem up dawg, mash dem up
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »
I aint go lie. ah reading the article and ah waiting to see hardest. ah read past the name Kerwyn Jemmot isd later ah ketch meh self thats teh man name fuss TI ring out meh ears with that Hardest name fuh the past two :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: years
All American

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 05:29:54 PM »
This is Wim time to shine.

Even at home taking on Bimshire will be tough without the top pros.

Hopefully he could whip them guys into a team, play sensible ball and the quality will win out.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 05:32:28 PM »
Hmmmm. Maybe Wim should run a practice match against Jabloteh?
;D :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 05:34:50 PM »
BAAAAAAIIIIIIIILLLLLEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!! De original wips waps! In english, that means joel bailey and a wicked double stepover. Mash dem up dawg, mash dem up

I remember this fella from school days ..serious talent.

Now is just a wait and see approach as to what this team will produce....  :beermug:

check the danger (but who  ???)
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »
Leh we go new look warriors. Wearing the uniform is a privildge nuff man suffer long and hard to insure that we reach WC 2006. Your job is to help shape 2010. Let who missing by choice or foriegn club committment have to fight for your team. Hardest prove that your agent TI was correct. See alll yuh on the 12th with other WN members we supportin and more importantly prayin. If this team could win the whole thing then we looking great. If we qualify for the Gold Cup we looking good. If we eh make it to the US then we back to the extremely dark days of TT football.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 05:40:32 PM »
Mixed feelings   

i still want my Experienced Players on de squad.. likes of Whitley and Cyd..

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 05:44:40 PM »
Most serious concern is the defense as our defensive talent is not known to run very deep in T&T. I hope great talents are discovered here and can gel at short notice too.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 05:50:13 PM »
Nah, nah, nah ah cyar belive it......ah know get de news on CNC3 and ah log on one time cuz ah know, dat TI done start ah thread......

But lo ah behold.....bout 5 - 6 post later he eh make ah apparence.....

Nah.....TI yuh dey??....or de excitement just too much..... ;D

Anywho, Lord.....dis team need real prayers cuz mih eh know dem fellas and dem.....it have ah saying.....everything does happen fuh a reason....well maybe, jus maybe dis bunch of guys could shock we......lord ah really hope so.... :praying: :praying: :praying:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:52:03 PM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
Age and caps of the 21-man squad

NameAgeCaps
Densill Theobald
Gary Glasgow
Kerwyn Jemmott
Leslie Fitzpatrick
Scott Sealy
Jan-Michael Williams
Anthony Noreiga
Dwayne Jack
??
Nicholson Thomas
??
Darryl Roberts
Osei Telesford
Keeron Benito
Abiola Clarence
Makan Hislop
Marvin Phillips
??
Christian Baptiste
Seon Power
??
Hayden Tinto
??
Kwame Wiltshire
Joel Bailey
Yohance Marshall
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:15:29 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 05:56:22 PM »
BIG SIDE!!!!!!!!!!

Pure hustlers on this team......very balanced. New look AND STYLE team.  De only man I missing is Cyd. Dis go be interesting.

Allyuh doh frighten.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 05:58:06 PM »

I remember this fella from school days ..serious talent.

Saw him play for the Impact in Montreal this past year. Wasn't impressed, but then Montreal are known as a mostly defensive team, coached by a former defender. The team as a whole tended to run out of ideas in the attacking 3rd. Hopefully Bailey has more to offer than what I saw.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline RGarcia

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 05:59:47 PM »
S.O.S fuh TI. Wey yuh meh brother.TI TI TI  ;D
All American

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »

NameAgeCaps
Densill Theobald
Gary Glasgow
Kerwyn Jemmott
Leslie Fitzpatrick
Scott Sealy
Jan-Michael Williams
Anthony Noreiga
Dwayne Jack
??
Nicholson Thomas
??
Darryl Roberts
Osei Telesford
Keeron Benito
Abiola Clarence
Makan Hislop
Marvin Phillips
??
Christian Baptiste
??
Seon Power
??
Hayden Tinto
??
Kwame Wiltshire
Joel Bailey
Yohance Marshall
A young side to groom,i really hope they do well for us.On another note can someone give meh ah run down on some of them players eg their strengths,I don't want to know their weakness for certain reasons and we all know the reason for that.We can't have the opponents knowing what it is.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 06:10:22 PM »
Who allyuh like for the skippe???r, I go have to back Densi
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 06:16:31 PM »
some people on this forum were always asking for new blood. This is the appropriate tournament for new blood. And what if  we lose. It will be a learning exprerience for the debutants

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »

if Glasgow start i have a feeling it will be him if not Marvin Phillips

Offline RGarcia

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 06:22:43 PM »

if Glasgow start i have a feeling it will be him if not Marvin Phillips
its is only right that he gets the arm band. he has teh most experience on the team. but who is the starting eleven. ???
All American

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 06:32:49 PM »
It will be very interesting to see how this team performs.  Barbados has already made their intentions clear.  I hope that this team delivers exactly what we want.

TI, Hardest made the team!  Congrats.  Your perseverance paid off.

I guess what I metioned in another thread, about team composition has been answered.  Wim is looking to experiment in the Digicel Cup.  I still hope that we win it.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »

NameAgeCaps
Densill Theobald
Gary Glasgow
Kerwyn Jemmott
Leslie Fitzpatrick
Scott Sealy
Jan-Michael Williams
Anthony Noreiga
Dwayne Jack
??
Nicholson Thomas
??
Darryl Roberts
Osei Telesford
Keeron Benito
Abiola Clarence
Makan Hislop
Marvin Phillips
??
Christian Baptiste
??
Seon Power
??
Hayden Tinto
??
Kwame Wiltshire
Joel Bailey
Yohance Marshall

Tallman what's de latest on Jaddeosingh? How come he ent get selected? :o
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »
Hmmmm. Maybe Wim should run a practice match against Jabloteh?
;D :beermug:

but what a great idea....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »
Captin good question
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 07:18:33 PM »
what bout Fabien Lewis?

allyuh have to be joking with Theobold as captain..steups
i say give Hardest the armband..de man has come full circle it seems..it might have a positive effect on him and the team
maybe he might finally step up and show his potential
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »
lewis eh get pic fuih real well maybe another time
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>