March 28, 2024, 03:00:30 PM

Author Topic: Why is Cricket getting far more Local Sponsorship than Football ???  (Read 4386 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
It just annpys me to see it..I could understand if yuh doh want to support the TTFF because of JW, but at least support more PFL, Semi -Pro, SSFL, Community or Developmental Leagues....

Getting Corporate sponsorship is hard coming around.....a lot goes to circket...WHYYY...WHY???

Which is the No. 1 sport in the world, biggest viewership...its Football....
Is it biased thinking NOT to support football,?? More Trinis like Circket???.........only the people who like cricket have money??.......People who like Football to cheap or broke????......Football does not appeal to the Corporate society??......JW has extended his leverage to PFL, Semi -Pro, SSFL, Community or Developmental Leagues so that all Corporate sponsors are unwilling????.....IS IT A BLACK AND INDIAN DIVIDE  ???

FIRST Citizens Clark Road United launch youth programme: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161077638
Top financial group pumps $$ into local cricket: http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports5.html
Carib Beer Series: http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports6.html
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Cricket getting far more Local Sponsorship than Football ???
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »
Just wondering if the people that be (football admin people) actually go out and seek sponsorship or they just sit around (complain) and not actually go out and try to attract sponsors. Do teams have any sort of marketing plan or even a designated person to look after this sort of business. would be good to see a sort of apprentice system in place where marketing students could get extra credits by taking up such posts for clubs etc. They would get the experience and the clubs could then start attracting some sponsorship.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
Cricket World Cup is near...duh

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »
I think it's accountability,Cricket shows you the books,you can see where their money goes and what they are doing with it.You can't tell people which sport to like/support,if the Indians have money/businesses and they like Cricket they going to push their Cricket,this thing is bordering on race/Football vs Cricket,i don't know but i'm guessing that Criket gets more crowds than Football because Indians support it.  

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »

This occurs regardless of WC coming!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 04:15:06 PM »

This occurs regardless of WC coming!!

:thumbsup: and to also add..cricket gets more coverage in the media than football.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »
There is no corruption in T&T cricket. There are no puppets and puppet masters in T&T cricket. Cricket does not attract "rude boys" like T&T football does.v :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »
No Jack. Simple. yuh eh here he wanted to get involved in cricket and get blank?
Plus cricket have some foundation of a youth system. Their development is systematic and seamless so it has a constant supply of players.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 06:02:37 PM »
I think it's accountability,Cricket shows you the books,you can see where their money goes and what they are doing with it.You can't tell people which sport to like/support,if the Indians have money/businesses and they like Cricket they going to push their Cricket,this thing is bordering on race/Football vs Cricket,i don't know but i'm guessing that Criket gets more crowds than Football because Indians support it. 

indians? ??? you mean trinis of east indian descent, afro-trinis does watch cricket also, last time i check derrick murray was de head boss, omar and williams was running the team and our team is a mixed team, but you bring up a point, i posted on this topic  about a year now, trinbago juss recycling de topic i started.... man even writing a masters on what i talk about in a normal post  ;D

but indian trinis does support football too, mostly the christian and muslim indians, some hindus, alot are into cricket bc of mother india as dey say, some juss love de sport, this is changing doh, plus the ttcb run 100 times better than the ttff and producing more world class players than the ttff....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 06:21:40 PM »
JACK!!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 06:26:11 PM »
I think it's accountability,Cricket shows you the books,you can see where their money goes and what they are doing with it.
maybe that is it right there
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 06:37:12 PM »
Becuase Jack Warner eh dealin wit yuh money.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 08:29:10 PM »
The people with the money know Jack by now. Jack has been in TFA/TTFF in so many different capacities since the late 70's. They don't trust him with their mony. So football will suffer as long as Jack and his surrogates are running things.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 10:31:46 PM »
It took a while but we were able to say bye bye to Alloy. I don't know when we go say bye bye to HJack but then it have Daryan and Darrell waiting behind so is nuff pressure for years to come.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 11:07:49 PM »

indians? ??? you mean trinis of east indian descent, afro-trinis does watch cricket also, last time i check derrick murray was de head boss, omar and williams was running the team and our team is a mixed team, but you bring up a point, i posted on this topic  about a year now, trinbago juss recycling de topic i started.... man even writing a masters on what i talk about in a normal post  ;D

but indian trinis does support football too, mostly the christian and muslim indians, some hindus, alot are into cricket bc of mother india as dey say, some juss love de sport, this is changing doh, plus the ttcb run 100 times better than the ttff and producing more world class players than the ttff....

Plain and simple. Most T&T big Business is owned or run by East Indian Trini's. Cricket on all levels is played and supported by East Indian Trini's. And yes they do support football but not that many  East Indian Trini's play football as cricket. On a football team at any level you would be lucky if you see more than two or three  East Indian Trini's . On the other side you will find a lot of 50/50 Cricket teams and some with mostly  East Indian Trini's. So when it comes time for  Sponsorship it is only natural for Uncle to put his money where his family is.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 11:37:18 PM »
What is the attendance at cricket matches vs that at football matches??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 11:50:25 PM »
What is the attendance at cricket matches vs that at football matches??

I now come back to ask that.
Anyone can confirm those community cricket matches draw a good bit of people?

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 12:00:38 AM »
NOT THE POINT !!

I do not think JW has as much control when it comes to the PFL, Semi -Pro, Commuity, SSFL, and Developmental leagues ...... TTFF has a huge grasp...but NOT that far reaching to all levels of football...JW has more control on a national level......

So again, back to my questions......why is local sponsorship very hard to come by for the PFL, Semi -Pro, Commuity, SSFL, and Developmental leagues ???...

Black people doh have money too??? or dey just doh like to give back to the community?? ....or are Indian people more willing to give, more patriotic??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 12:12:26 AM »
NOT THE POINT !!

I do not think JW has as much control when it comes to the PFL, Semi -Pro, Commuity, SSFL, and Developmental leagues ...... TTFF has a huge grasp...but NOT that far reaching to all levels of football...JW has more control on a national level......

So again, back to my questions......why is local sponsorship very hard to come by for the PFL, Semi -Pro, Commuity, SSFL, and Developmental leagues ???...

Black people doh have money too??? or dey just doh like to give back to the community?? ....or are Indian people more willing to give, more patriotic??

That is your answer.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 10:49:24 AM »
Is it true that people of African Decent have a bigger brain than East Indians? A good Friend told me so. He said that White People have the biggest Brain then comes Africans and then chinese and Indians. Is this true?

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 10:55:25 AM »
Is it true that people of African Decent have a bigger brain than East Indians? A good Friend told me so. He said that White People have the biggest Brain then comes Africans and then chinese and Indians. Is this true?

This have anything to do with the thread ??? ??? ???
Always posting some kinda rubbish on de board......like u just here to antagonize

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »

This have anything to do with the thread ??? ??? ???
Always posting some kinda rubbish on de board......like u just here to antagonize

either that or he's actually brain damaged.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »
Perception is a hell of a thing and when something is percieved to be irregular and corrupt then it will never draw the kind of support it is needed especially financial wise.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 02:25:20 PM »

So Indo-Trinis not black?

Cricket gives accountability and no one person is in charge. As businee it's better to invest in a venture where you can see your money working. As oppose to a venture where one person calling all the shots, no accountability and claims of no support from coporate Trinidad.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »
JACK!!!!!

Deeks, you hit the nail on the head.  Why should sponsors dole money out to an organization run by a dictatorial, maniacal, control freak who provides no financial accountability and only talks about how much he has to spend?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 09:06:07 PM »
Good Evening Good People,
                                          JW has his corporation. He has his travel agency, his football team, his stadium and his position in Fifa. Most of the people who are against Jack have no qualms with his possessions. He earned it his way. Youme may not like it. But who is we...  Opportunity knocks. he was at the right place, right time. He made his move and climb up the ladder to the FiFa kingdom. Good. But after all these years at the helm of TT football, the state of football is pathetic. Passion for club/community football is non existent. Most Trinis have more passion for English leauge that the TT league. We know every iota about premier league to conference football  in England than our own football league.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 10:43:49 PM »
Deeks yuh come an fall een nice nice....good ting ah prep yuh whole summer by the field bout de ole tork here. ;D ;D ;D

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 11:08:51 PM »
Again...I not talkin bout the TTFF or national teams.....how do u explain the lack of corporate sponsorship at the community level???  That have  nutten to do with Jack !!

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:34 PM »
True!!! I  really can't give a good answer on that. I have to be home to gauge that. I don't know why the local/community business don't see a community football team as an asset. Long ago they use to sponsor a lot of minor leagues. These leagues would have march past and each team would have a march past queen(SFA started that). But that done.

1]; } ?>