April 27, 2024, 08:22:47 AM

Author Topic: Martinique  (Read 3427 times)

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Martinique
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »
T & T have lost the last three matches against Martinique. Will they beat you again ?

They beat Haiti and draw Cuba in the Digicel qualifiers, but many dont seem to not care about them.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Martinique
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:24:50 PM »
I am never surprised by Martinique and Quadeloupe's performance. They have good players. They are department of France and many have represented France. Tresor etc. They have French coaching and technical support

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 07:49:16 PM »
T & T have lost the last three matches against Martinique. Will they beat you again ?

They beat Haiti and draw Cuba in the Digicel qualifiers, but many dont seem to not care about them.

I don't think Martinique is that good. I have more respect this time for Barbados.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:23:56 PM »
We should not underestimate anybody. We shoulld give them due respect. Prepare well, stay focus and beat all ah dem.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 10:03:22 PM »

I look at the highlights of all the DIgicell C. Cup matches.  Martinique has  a good team.  It would not be difficult for them to beat the present T&T team.      The match between Guadeloupe and Martinique was exciting to watch.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 11:55:03 AM »
Martinique and Guad. have always done well in the Caribbean.

In fact they are usually the best countries after J'ca and TT.

And they have given TT trouble enough times.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »
Defensive drills over and over til Friday dread. Ah saying meh prayers for de future of T&T football
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »

VB

You gotta be kidding, vb. When have they ever been dominant teams in cfu? Martinique is always a good team  that can beat anybody in cfu just like SVG, Barbados, and Surinam. The only difference between Martinique and the others is that Martinique is more consistent as a threat to the top cfu teams. But, they have never dominated the top caribbean teams. Their pattern against top caribbean team has always been one victory here and a loss there. That's all!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »
Inaccurate L'ouverture. Is not just a win here, lorse dere. M'artinique has Cup Winning and Final reaching Pedigree that de other 2 by 4 teams doh have
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 12:38:48 PM »
Inaccurate L'ouverture. Is not just a win here, lorse dere. M'artinique has Cup Winning and Final reaching Pedigree that de other 2 by 4 teams doh have

I am very much aware of that. However, their records against the top four are always a win here and a loss there. They have never established themselves as a dominant cfu team even in their moments of glory. Also, do remember that Martinique rarely meets its rivals outside of Martinique.

Maybe, I am seeing them through Haitian eyes (duh ;)). We often thrashed Martinique. The last one in mind is a 5-0 destruction of Martinique in TnT. So, even after they beat us 1-0 in their backyard, we still feel like they're not at our level ( I may be wrong and too biased, who knows?). It's like SVG, which has been lately a pain in the neck for the other top teams. However, Haiti beat them convincingly four consecutive times. Therefore, to us, we have not much respect for them as Jamaica would if they were to play the Vincies. Maybe Jamaicans see Haiti the same way (Haiti lost several consecutive matches to Jamaica). Hey, that's football.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:38:13 PM by Toussaint »

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 12:43:54 PM »
Martinique is a threat to T&T.  For that matter any team is a threat to T&T right now, because of the composition that Wim has chosen.

I personally think that the transition to a new team should have been more gradual, but that didn't seem to work out.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »
Good Evening.
                      As the tournament progresses to the final stages, teams are preparing harder and are more focus. You have to respect every team. The TT team is an inexperience team. Throw them out to the sharks. Sink or swim. have confidence.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:44:55 AM »

VB

You gotta be kidding, vb. When have they ever been dominant teams in cfu? Martinique is always a good team  that can beat anybody in cfu just like SVG, Barbados, and Surinam. The only difference between Martinique and the others is that Martinique is more consistent as a threat to the top cfu teams. But, they have never dominated the top caribbean teams. Their pattern against top caribbean team has always been one victory here and a loss there. That's all!

Sorry man...Martinique are always a very dangerous team to play. You may have beat them 5-0 and we crushed them 7-2, but I daresay they were capable of returning the next day and winning. You can't take that away from them and they still remain one of the better teams in the Caribbean region. My guess is they would be even better if they had the chance to participate in World Cup qualifying and retain some of the talent that ends up in the French shirt
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 08:30:43 AM »

VB

Sorry man...Martinique are always a very dangerous team to play. You may have beat them 5-0 and we crushed them 7-2, but I daresay they were capable of returning the next day and winning. You can't take that away from them and they still remain one of the better teams in the Caribbean region. My guess is they would be even better if they had the chance to participate in World Cup qualifying and retain some of the talent that ends up in the French shirt

I agree with you that they are a decent side, and I even said they are the best of the smaller islands, which means they can beat anybody. However, I was responding to vb's statement that Martinique and Guadeloupe are the best cfu teams after TnT and Jamaica. I disagreed with that statement. That's why I came up with the example of SVG and Jamaica. If SVG beats Jamaica again in the near future, Jamaicans will certainly consider that SVG is one of the strongest team in cfu whereas Haitians will always disagree because whenever and wherever we play them it's a 3pts in the bank for us.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:33:18 AM by Toussaint »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »
This morning 3 am Fox sports show a review of the CFUm prelims. Martinique, Cuba, Haiti Suriname. 3 in the morning they showing CFU football. They treat we football like dog. Anyhow, Martinique and Cuba appeared to be the best. They finished 1, 2 respectively. martinique had a forward who look quite good by CFU standard. Cuba had 2 good individuals whose name I can't remember right now, played pretty good. Haiti was third. Again, one or two individuals. Suriname was disappointing. I say so because I have a soft spot for them. They use to be so good long ago. They and T&T played some classic football in the 70's.  Holland benefitted from them.  Lots of attacking football from all the teams. But I think we can handle them. It will not be easy. Allez Warriors!!! Droite aubut!!!

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 09:21:43 AM »

VB

I agree with you that they are a decent side, and I even said they are the best of the smaller islands, which means they can beat anybody. However, I was responding to vb's statement that Martinique and Guadeloupe are the best cfu teams after TnT and Jamaica. I disagreed with that statement. That's why I came up with the example of SVG and Jamaica. If SVG beats Jamaica again in the near future, Jamaicans will certainly consider that SVG is one of the strongest team in cfu whereas Haitians will always disagree because whenever and wherever we play them it's a 3pts in the bank for us.

i'm sick of that. The way some reggae boyz and soca warriors fans ignore anything that has to do with Haiti and Cuba. Haiti has a team representative in every CFU/CONCACAF competition (Digicel Caribbean Cup, CONCACAF U-20 Final round, CONCACAF U-17 Final round, Caribbean Club Championships) and no other country in the Caribbean can say that. Cuba, Jamaica, Haiti, and Trinidad & Tobago are the elite teams in the Caribbean and that's it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:23:37 AM by Flash7 »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 09:48:05 AM »

VB

i'm sick of that. The way some reggae boyz and soca warriors fans ignore anything that has to do with Haiti and Cuba. Haiti has a team representative in every CFU/CONCACAF competition (Digicel Caribbean Cup, CONCACAF U-20 Final round, CONCACAF U-17 Final round, Caribbean Club Championships) and no other country in the Caribbean can say that. Cuba, Jamaica, Haiti, and Trinidad & Tobago are the elite teams in the Caribbean and that's it.

Flash you know as well as i do that nothing that goes on in youth football is ever taken seriously unless its your side thats playing and winning. Martinique isn't even allowed to participate in CONCACAF youth tournaments to my knowledge.

Cuba and Haiti are definitely elite teams, but if everyone took them as seriously as you do, CONCACAF would not have them picking up hexagonal bound teams in the prelims of world cup qualifying. At the senior level, in the last 15 years, neither one can claim to be much better than Martinique in terms of all around results.

If you're talking pedigree...well  that's another story :-\
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 10:55:04 AM »
Good Morning Flash7,
                                 I am in no way dissing Haiti. In the 70's they were the premier Caribbean team. They and Cuba were playing international football long before the English speaking Caribbean. I had the pleasure of seeing Sanon, francillon, Vorbe, Aguste play in T&T and on tv. I even played with Haitian (Jacque Laduceur) at Howard U. He played in Greece and played about 2 games for the US. It just that the past decade or two the situation has caused the standard to drop drastically. There is an effort to revive the football, But disrespect! No sah.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 11:47:10 AM »
Guys, everybody knows that Martinique is a real contender fort the title. They have won it, I believe, in Jamaica!

I only disagree with the statement that 'Martinique and Guadeloupe are the best cfu teams after Jamaica and TnT.' That's simply because they have been fairly successful against TnT in recent years and their last results are fresh in your mind. But, as I said before, people from other parts of the Caribbean don't see them that way. They are good, but not the kind to scare you. I rest my case.

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 10:52:09 AM »
Last friendly :

6. January

Martinique - Guadeloupe 3-0

1]; } ?>