Do you think Trinidad and Tobago will win the Digicel Cup

Yes
19 (33.9%)
No
21 (37.5%)
Not sure
16 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Your view on Trinbago Digicel Cup team  (Read 13063 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Your view on Trinbago Digicel Cup team
« on: January 07, 2007, 11:03:47 AM »
In less than 7 days Trinidad and Tobago national team will square off in their first game in the Digicel Cup against Barbados (I think). Do you reckon that Trinidad and Tobago will win tournament?

This is a mini break down on our preparations for the tournament

(1) The coaching staff first named a 41 man squad to prepare for the Digicel cup. Practice/preparation for Digicel literally started a month ago (December 11th) with the first week not having all the players due to external factors (such as school, flight schedule etc). In the initial stages players got the weekends off so it was not even a full month of practice.

(2) That squad then ran into problems when San Juan Jabloteh pulled out their players from the squad. Coach Fenwick and his staff said that they need their players healthy/fit and readily available for the Concacaf club championship.

(3) The national senior team played two games against a college base outfit. In the first game the national senior team lost 2-0 to the college base outfit. In the second game the tables turned and the senior team won the game 2-0 (with the college base team not having the services of many key players for unknown reasons). That was the only game preparation they got.

(4) Some players have no confidence whatever so ever in their teammates and the team. In fact, this is a honest dialog that I had with 2 players.

player A - "honestly kingman, our team not good at all"
kingman - "why boy"?
Player A - "the defense and midfield is very weak" "the midfield especially!!" they only want to play when the ball at is at their feet but do not want to work hard off the ball" "The practice sessions are slow and with no intensity and everybody on the team feel they is big boys" "I really think we are going to get embarrassed kingman"
Kingman - "sigh" "so everybody want to do the masonry but no body want to mix cement and dig the holes for casting?  ::)
Player A & B :rotfl:
Player B - I think the good think about it all is that the other teams in the tournament are even worst.
Kingman - "negative, Barbados and Haiti are teams that running decent ball we have to be careful of them"

(5) The senior team was then suppose to head into a live in camp on Friday 5th to fine turn the lads for the first game and tournament. It never happened. Players were then told on Friday to come prepared for practice  on Saturday 6th @ 4pm but also was required to pack their stuff to head into the live in camp immediately after. However, up to today (7th December) players are still not in that live in camp. Players told me that it  was put off until tomorrow (Monday December 8th).

(6) I was told that coach Wim was hardly ever present in practice (sometimes never present). Practice was run  by Anton and Wim assistant (whatever his name is).

Based on all this information provided, how do you favor Trinidad chances? I honestly very concern and pessimistic. I will however support the team (mainly because their are personnel on the team that are very close to me).

Kingman
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:13:03 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Your view on Trinbago Digicel Cup team
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 11:09:54 AM »
yes

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:12:48 AM »
well if Haiti qualifies from group D then you can be sure that the Haitians as well as Martinique will be gunnin' for the soca warriors.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »
That dialog similar to what i heard...as well as the short conversation that i had with another player at the camp. Really and truly i hate leaving things to chance. I first thought that the slipshod attitude that we usually have with things of this nature was a thing of the past when i heard them start training from mid december. However it now seems that it was just over a longer period. Plus this jabloteh suituation make a bad suituation worse. Some of the selections kinda dubious. However i not wim and he staff. I eh go begrudge the man a lil vacation to see he family for christmas....once yuh do everything hard and serious. I doh like when players approaching things lackadastical. The things i hearing is dissapointing. You want to tell me they trying to get a live in camp for de longest while and it eh happening and is 5 days before the tournament start? You want to tell me is really anton conducting sessions.  :o. It eh looking good. Buh as i said with the thread with touches analogy.......anything is possible. I cyar handle no loss to bimshire twice in one week. This tournament...even though it getting scant regard by everybody is very important. Why people,staff, and players alike cant see that i dont know. I still giving them my support though. 
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 11:15:15 AM »
I think we will win and for the comments and fight down about the midfield, i hear a diff story that the defense was de only concern from multiple sources, as for the midfield not working hard, i only heard of one name not working hard off de ball which i will not disclose.....

God is de BOSS....

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 11:18:35 AM »
yes

Maxg, can I ask you a question? I just wanted to know why you said yes? Nothing wrong with saying yes, I just wanted to know why. Is it because you are confident in our team or you just think that the other teams in the region are not better?

Kingman

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 11:28:21 AM »
suppose if wim request a training camp and he cannot  things  in place. This is wha i cannot handle it have people playing politics with our football fuh the own gain more could have been done but say wha

I said before all we need to do is finish second as cfu has 4 spots in the gold cup
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:31:34 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:03 AM »
I think we will win and for the comments and fight down about the midfield, i hear a diff story that the defense was de only concern from multiple sources, as for the midfield not working hard, i only heard of one name not working hard off de ball which i will not disclose.....

God is de BOSS....

Believe it or not TI, one of the players was a midfielder and he agree with the midfield and defense being the problem. In fact, he will be one of the starting midfielder. I am almost sure about that.

Kingman

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:44 AM »
Is amazing how some folks are quite content with a team that "only has defense as a problem". A defense problem IS the biggest problem! It throws all other plans off. It's Trinbago's historical problem in recent decades. The discussions on the board pay scant attention to defense and it makes me sick the way we pretend that we eh have a problem. TI, you aggravate that feeling with non-stop propaganda about Hardest. One gets the feeling that if Hardest was playing with ten members of Sesame Street you would be fine wid dat. Oh shit man, get serious foe a change nah man.

If we get cutarse from poor dending then as a lofty, knowledgeable talking-all-day support group then we would be the ones to blame and instead of calling the players abusive names when tings go sour we should look at ourselves in de mirror.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 11:36:28 AM »
Is amazing how some folks are quite content with a team that "only has defense as a problem". A defense problem IS the biggest problem! It throws all other plans off. It's Trinbago's historical problem in recent decades. The discussions on the board pay scant attention to defense and it makes me sick the way we pretend that we eh have a problem. TI, you aggravate that feeling with non-stop propaganda about Hardest. One gets the feeling that if Hardest was playing with ten members of Sesame Street you would be fine wid dat. Oh shit man, get serious foe a change nah man.

If we get cutarse from poor dending then as a lofty, knowledgeable talking-all-day support group then we would be the ones to blame and instead of calling the players abusive names when tings go sour we should look at ourselves in de mirror.

Exactly. Buh real people doh realise that one man cannot solve all our problems. Hardest eh really known for his defensive aspects.....and we worried bout the midfield and defense. If we dont conceed any goals then we cant loose. It as simple as that.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 12:02:46 PM »
What I cyah beleive is that we eh get no international friendlies to prepare...even with some of the teams that were good and got eliminated already we could get ah lil sweat with dem....or even so...it should have been the national team in that Brazilian tour  :-\
Warrior For Life !!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 12:08:48 PM »
If Jackula cyah vizualize a big crowd and a way to siphon off money from gate receipts, then he will not organize any international games. He must get collateral gain for him to INVEST in the idea. Ah lie? He does not support regional games, only likes to ride on the backs of the Warriors' for games that mean nothing, like a poorly planned T&T vs Japan where we are nowhere prepared. Nobody knows how much he arranged with the Japanese federation to get his juicy cut, but I suspect he was laughing all the way to RBTT and the Swiss bank
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:46:03 PM by dreamer »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »

schupsss, who said i not bothered about the defense breds, of course it bothers me but what u want me to say, right now we have to rely on scoring and attacking, if u read my article, i said our attack right now is our bess defense, allyuh doesnt read what i write or wha, u does juss jump on some bullshit and talk about hardest when i have a whole set of other posts regarding topics like this, maybe we should play 5 in the back, maybe wim will do that.....

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »
This team had better win the Digicel Cup, because we will lose a lot of credibility if we don't cement ourselves as the top carbbean team coming off a world cup appearance.  Yes it's not the same WC team, but the new guys have to credibly carry the team forward. 

I must say that I'm sorry that Birchall couldn't make the team though, because he can make any shaky midfield stable. 

As for those players that are talking, they better put on a do-or-die attitude when they hit the field.  Throwing the towel in during a game because other teammates are not performing in their own opinion, will not work.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 12:42:57 PM »

God is de BOSS....

Believe it or not TI, one of the players was a midfielder and he agree with the midfield and defense being the problem. In fact, he will be one of the starting midfielder. I am almost sure about that.

Kingman

God is de BOSS... Breddah allways remember that, until we see them play and see what transpires on the pitch, then we will talk, right now alot of speculating but lewwe see de results bc neither one of us on the field or in camp, when the players take the field, then we will judge, till then this is all bullshit talk, the football is round and right now tuh me b'dos and all these nations ent no powerhouse so anything could happen....

God is de BOSS.....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »
Ti, yuh soundin' much more sane now. Keep up dat flavour

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »
big magician here ....tell them to shut tuh f#ck up and play dey football.....set ah shit

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »
big magician here ....tell them to shut tuh f#ck up and play dey football.....set ah shit

ent.

keep it simple.

Dem tunin did into ah episode ah real world awa??

wuk wit wut yuh have... im sure Wim eh no fool... is just up tuh de new fellah tuh put in the effort cuz ah know the skill and the talent is there.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 03:30:26 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »
i watchin...i see guyana for example use whatever little they have and organise to play practice matches against T&T club teams, and as true trini we laugh and we feel superior and from readihng this thread, we ent taking nobody seriously.  i really hope for the youngsters' sake they perform good, cuz if they loss - whim and anton and everybody on here go say iz jus b/c the whole ah dem sh!tty.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 03:59:51 PM »

I doh cuss eh, but ah couldn't put it more eloquently. Fellas we know things not de way we would like it to be, but oh gorsh man all yuh could still show some belief in yuhselves and yuh team mates.  Is de red, white and black allyuh representing so take some pride in yuh country nah and go out on de field like warriors...win, lose or draw!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hardest??...........

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hardest??...........

wrong guess breds......

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hardest??...........

wrong guess breds......

a calculated guess though...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hardest??...........

wrong guess breds......

yes it was but far from the truth, its not Hardest atall to be totally honest...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 08:37:55 PM »
Can we just give the Whim a chance to work with the team?  He is starting new with a bunch of new players.  Some of the same critics were lambasting Beenie when he took over.  Give the man a chance and if he mess up then we run him, but for now he has a bunch of new players to gel.  And don't forget that because a man is a good player does not make him a good team mate.

GO Warriors!  Soca Warriors forever!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 08:40:30 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hardest??...........

wrong guess breds......

yes it was but far from the truth, its not Hardest atall to be totally honest...

if so then seemly he's finally got the one thing he never had inplace.. the right attitude...

He better show that in the tournement. Cuz i fedup ah bein optimistic about he... I want proof of work.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 08:58:57 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hardest??...........

wrong guess breds......

if so then seemly he's finally got the one thing he never had inplace.. the right attitude...

He better show that in the tournement. Cuz i fedup ah bein optimistic about he... I want proof of work.

lol...i know.......dats not the strong point of his game anyway........

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 05:51:14 AM »
It bad enough that I have eh feeling too confident bout de team, but dat is cuz mih eh really know dem fellas and is first time dey going and play at dis level....

But fuh dem to not have confidence in dey self.....well....to quote de Ryhmies from Sesame Street

"Now we're finished, now we're through!!."......  :'(

Kingman and other folks who know players on de team.....try talk to dem fellas and tell dem to stop dey foolishness...... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 07:44:44 AM »
ok kingman they in training getting ready to handle business
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »
The Trinidad and Tobago team would have to do without the services of Yohance Marshall. He has  academic and football obligations to his University.

Kingman

1]; } ?>