April 24, 2024, 08:25:09 PM

Author Topic: There are some positives from the Miami experience  (Read 1295 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
There are some positives from the Miami experience
« on: July 12, 2005, 06:34:49 PM »
1) Beenie knows  that Theobold, Rahim and Gray, beyond a shadow of a doubt are not international material. DOnt expect to see them around the team come the 17th. Btw Avery John is not far behind we just dont have another option. Pls dont mention Rojas or tiger.

2) We, and I am sure Beeenie as well, knows Jack's keeping position and its #3 after Ince and Shaka.

3) Lawrence and Dog have formed a nice alliance.

4) Dwight, Sancho and Carlos will make a hell of a difference to this team.

I am sure that by the time the US game comes around that we would have a full squad and some  seen in this tournament would be history by then.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: There are some positives from the Miami experience
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 06:40:31 PM »
I agree with point #3..good observation.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 06:56:33 PM »
Don't forget the addition of Silvio Span to the midfield.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:20:46 PM »
Positives:
1) We now have a safe back up keeper in Jack. I still prefer Shaka or Incey, but Jack won over some of my doubts. These 3 keepers we have decent, a class above the next in line in Durance
2) Dog and Giraffe really have a nice combo going
3) Avery play decent at the RB, he have to control his wits sometimes. With Sancho and Atiba, we should have decent wingback options
4) We now look like  a team willing ti shoot more (esp the first game evidence)
5) In Glenn and Jones, we have 2 nice attacking options especially off the bench
6) Spann playin decent

Negatives:
1) Bad team selection
2) Gray cyah cut it
3) We real unfit, especially as a team that does not like to possess the ball = trouble
4) Rahim cyah cut it.
5) Theobald have loads of potential, but like he turning Seaton now. Hope is temporary.
6) Samuel still borderline for me, tends to drift out the game for long periods. Should be tried again though
7) Scotland and Stern up front cyah cut it. Scotland should be rested, Stern benched. These things will make them more hungry. We have Jones, Glenn (although I prefer him as a sub), Mcfarlane, Yorke (although I prefer him in front Birchall in the middle too)

All in all, Colombia is the one true class team in the group. Is jus they get ketch offguard first 2 games and they inevitably came good in their last game.
We real disappointments was in the 2 previous games.
We so unfit it not funny.
If we cant beat Honduras or Panama on a neutral ground in a WCQ year, we dont deserve even 4th place.
Seeing the first 2 games, our play was simply atrocious.
I kinda glad we aint go through, cause we mighta get embarass in the quarters.
Plus i cyah bare to watch more of that crap, 3 full games of tata.
On the upside, Carlos and Yorke will bring back something to the team, but it sad if these players have such an influence, and nobody can step up.
Dog too - - - Jus like in Guatemala, when he not there, we does leak goal like a buss pipe. Plus he seems to be our most lethal attacking threat!
Sancho, Edwards and Yorke will help.
Lets just hope we start from now for Aug 17th.
From what I see so far, there is no way we conceeding less than 3 vs the US then.
We not up to WC level, and I still maintain, we not reaching Germany, we just too inconsistent.
Whatever happen to trying new players, using your imagination or creativity, takinga chance etc etc.
We have some good men in the PFL who can run, dribble and finish, some men who could actually play a left wing position....All they need is a lill chance and exposure.
If Dwight Yorke was now a schoolboy in T&T, there is no way he woulda come what he became.
Thats the difference with the coaches and philosophy then and the one now.

Losing now does not depress me that much, as palos say, we used to it.
This could have been a perfect dress rehersal for our last WCQ home game vs Mexico, a draw to go though vs a quality opponent, and as usual, we get licks and choke.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 07:56:06 PM »
postive- US will underestimate us august 17th.  WCQ is what we are after.
Hart for president

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 08:02:53 PM »
Nice observations. Add that we have improved dead ball play. We scoring first instead of being scored upon early as was de case wit de last regime. We have trouble holding de lead but dat is ah nice problem to have. We have been absorbing pressure better than we have in de past...although lots of improvement needed there.

jusme

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 08:27:02 PM »
Quote from: sub1 link=topic=2400.msg16564#msg16564  Btw Avery John is not far behind we just dont have another option. Pls dont mention Rojas or tiger.

[quote

I cyar be so harsh on Avery jus so.  The man gone from man of the match against mexico to not being able to cut it?  I find that hard to believe.

1]; } ?>