March 28, 2024, 03:12:05 AM

Author Topic: Casablanca 1812 Overture  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Casablanca 1812 Overture
« on: January 08, 2007, 11:37:31 AM »
Hey Folks,

Ah looking fuh a recording of Casablanca steelband rendition of the 1812 Overture from Pan Festival (ah tink it was in '82). They won the competition that year. Does anybody know if it's on an album that I can pick up somewhere? I'd prefer a CD version but cassette tape will do in a pinch.

Mose
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Casablanca 1812 Overture
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:27:32 AM »
Hey Folks,

Ah looking fuh a recording of Casablanca steelband rendition of the 1812 Overture from Pan Festival (ah tink it was in '82). They won the competition that year. Does anybody know if it's on an album that I can pick up somewhere? I'd prefer a CD version but cassette tape will do in a pinch.

Mose
try contacting pan trinbago man..they ahve all the recordings. though i cyah guarentee how long they go take to get it to u..lol
they slow no ass. and thye busy now with carni approching
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39:45 AM »
Hey Folks,

Mose
try contacting pan trinbago man..they ahve all the recordings. though i cyah guarentee how long they go take to get it to u..lol
Thanks. Ah go give it a shot. I not in any rush. As de song say, "As long as ah get it, ah happy!" ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:41:17 AM »
Hey Folks,

Mose
Thanks. Ah go give it a shot. I not in any rush. As de song say, "As long as ah get it, ah happy!" ;D

haha for real..
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

1]; } ?>