April 29, 2024, 07:16:50 AM

Author Topic: Dear Mr. Latapy...  (Read 1438 times)

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Dear Mr. Latapy...
« on: July 12, 2005, 07:00:03 PM »
It is our humble request. We humbly beg...

As much as I don't want him back, we have no choice. Having gone to all three GC games, this was, by far, our worst display. My only regret is that I didn't drink from kickoff. That way, I would not have rembered that rancid display.

In my opinion, the long ball is back because we have no creativity from and movement in the midfield. At least four times, I saw Birchall and Spann looking for a winger and Samuel was hiding behind some Colombian. Stern is a waste of flicking time. He fell down at least 15 times and begged for calls each time. The one time he decided not to fall down, we get a call.

We knocking the ball twenty-five yards from our goal and they knocking the ball twenty-five yards from our goal. WTF, try knocking in their half.

I think it was clear that we were playing for a tie or hoping to score on the counter attack.
Regarding the tie, check the Strike Squad in 89. It doh flicking work.

Regarding the counter-attack, the ain't go work either because:
1. We doh have the speed.
2. We doh have the service.
3. Jack scratching his balls before throwing out the ball. Jack need to watch video of the qualifier against Canada when Shaka give to Yorkie to seal the deal.

Well fellas, I said my piece. I only hope and PRAY that Dog is ok, because he put it all on the line for this squad and half a dem doh give a shit.

Lastly, do these yellows carry over to the qualifiers? If they do, Birchall and John, unfortunately Avery not Stern, are out.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 07:03:39 PM by BigToe »

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr. Latapy...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 07:03:38 PM »
To paraphrase Rick Pitino, Latapy isn't walking through that door.  Even if he was, you think he'd single handedly solve all the problems you mentioned?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 07:08:44 PM »
Let Latapy stay where he be, I'd rather 11 shithongs that want to play, than bring back a 'star' who not interested.

truth be told I would really rather 11 Stars that want to play.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:24:11 PM »
Let Latapy stay where he be, I'd rather 11 shithongs that want to play, than bring back a 'star' who not interested.

truth be told I would really rather 11 Stars that want to play.

Agreed...besides the overdependence on Latapy over the years is bring negative returns right now. we have to learn to live without him

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 07:38:25 PM »
Fellas, I was trying to add some levity (humor) to the situation. For all I care, he could piss off in Scotland. I just think that we need a midfielder who can control and create.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 09:48:42 PM by BigToe »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 07:38:44 PM »
Everybody who wants to play should get a chance. All assholes who think they don't have time for their country can kiss my and everyone in the nation's @$$
Ppl like birchall call this opportunity a dream come true.
Some others use their national exposure to get contracts and money and then leave. Good riddance to all like that.
But i will always leave the door open.
I am willing to turn the other cheek.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>