April 26, 2024, 02:15:54 PM

Author Topic: Lincoln ‘Tiger’ Phillips Thread  (Read 14083 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Lincoln ‘Tiger’ Phillips Thread
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:34:48 AM »
Phillips conducts NSCAA course and lecture.
By: TTFF Media.

The National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) has invited Trinidad and Tobago Technical Director and former national team goalkeeper Lincoln Phillips, to conduct both a goalkeeping clinic and deliver a lecture on the Soca Warriors’ 2006 World Cup campaign.
Phillips’ goalkeeping clinic will be held on Thursday January 10 and will focus on effectively preparing goalkeepers for 1v1 situations.
On Friday, Phillips will then give a presentation on  Trinidad and Tobago’s historic 2006 World Cup campaign from their first exhibition games in 2004 through their final FIFA World Cup match against Paraguay.
This year's theme of the coaching convention is "Setting the Pace," reflecting the NSCAA's role as a leader in a variety of areas in the sport of soccer, most importantly in coaching education.
The NSCAA is the largest coaches' organization in the United States. Since its founding in 1941, it has grown to include more than 18,000 members who coach both genders at all levels of the sport. In addition to a national rankings program for colleges and high schools, NSCAA offers an extensive recognition program that presents nearly 10,000 individual awards every year. It fulfills its mission of coaching education through a nationwide program of clinics and week-long courses, teaching more than 3,000 soccer coaches each year.

Photo shows Phillips(r) and former T&T goalie and current goalkeeping coach Michael Maurice

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:12:15 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Phillips Conducts NSCAA Course And Lecture
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:33:16 AM »
They still refering to Lincoln as Trinidad and Tobago Technical Director !!! like no one inform them he was fired for no reason....

At least the U.S. still recongise him unlike his birth country. The TTFF really dont like to see things prosper and proper, Jack will run the federation flat and then bail them out and look like the good guy in the end....

What is Lincoln currently doing in T&T ? I know he works with the government, but what help is he helping ? I hate to hear people talk and no action, come on Lincoln, I know you are a good man to have around, but be more penetrative and comanding.

All the best to Lincoln, he really is a good person..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:01:55 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:18:38 AM »
I thought that both parties resolved the matter and he was reinstated.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 07:29:02 AM »
They still refering to Lincoln as Trinidad and Tobago Technical Director !!! like no one inform them he was fired for no reason....

At least the U.S. still recongise him unlike his birth country. The TTFF really dont like to see things prosper and proper, Jack will run the federation flat and then bail them out and look like the good guy in the end....

What is Lincoln currently doing in T&T ? I know he works with the government, but what help is he helping ? I hate to hear people talk and no action, come on Lincoln, I know you are a good man to have around, but be more penetrative and comanding.

All the best to Lincoln, he really is a good person..

Sam, if is one thing....you know your players and what does be going on in Trinidad football. It real sad that Lincoln get fired from his role. That man had a vision. He was a fair person and wanted to give everybody a fair chance. His own damn country ain't respect him yes  ::) Just imagine that. Same thing with Julius James. The US rate this man like the next John Terry. He works very hard and deserves the awards to his name. I think that Trinidad should have at least bless him with a spot on the national team. But you know what? I can't even associate the word bless with the TTFF. Those members of the TTFF is heathen. No ethics and moral. Sad!!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 07:57:19 AM »
LP wasn't fired, he always maintained the Technical Director role. He just put in charge of coaching and goalkeeping development. Wim and Anton where basically given his player development duties as well as coaching duties after the World Cup. As far as I know LP is still under contract with the TTFF until the summer but I've heard he plans on working on a youth player development program once his contract with TTFF has ended.  But Kingman, you're right, it looks like the more he tried to create a solid structure, the more the likes of Groden, Warner, and Corneal undermined him. He will have to build his vision without the TTFF. Let's hope the government will utilize his expertise.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 08:06:18 AM »
LP wasn't fired, he always maintained the Technical Director role. He just put in charge of coaching and goalkeeping development. Wim and Anton where basically given his player development duties as well as coaching duties after the World Cup. As far as I know LP is still under contract with the TTFF until the summer but I've heard he plans on working on a youth player development program once his contract with TTFF has ended.  But Kingman, you're right, it looks like the more he tried to create a solid structure, the more the likes of Groden, Warner, and Corneal undermined him. He will have to build his vision without the TTFF. Let's hope the government will utilize his expertise.

Once anyone other than Jack Warner or the TTFF not responsible for developing players it will be almost impossible for the TTFF to pick these players whether they good or not, they may get a chance for national team if some big foreign club sign or if the foreign based not available then other than that the TTFF dont recongnise anyones hard work and I hope they prove me wrong. Lincoln and this youth program was suppose to kick off a long ass time, its about time he do it now.....

Lets wait and see how this goes... good luck to him, he is a good friend my mines....

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:11:14 AM »
 Lincoln and this youth program was suppose to kick off a long ass time, its about time he do it now.....

Lets wait and see how this goes... good luck to him, he is a good friend my mines....

The tough thing about the youth program that LP was able to get government funding for(17 million!) was that Richard Groden - TTFF Gen. Sec is responsible for requesting the funding each month. So even though programs were set up, if Groden drags his feet and doesn't request the money the program stands still. That is what LP has been facing the past two years. Remember, the Gov't ain't cutting a big check for TTFF, they want specific requests.That is the problem he has faced the past two years. I know for a fact that LP got the U17 team into the Milk Cup in Northern Ireland last year in July but the TTFF nixed it. He also was able to get the u17 and u20 teams into the Dallas Cup last year. The TTFF only allowed the u17 team to attend. If it were up to him alone, our youth teams would have full time coaches training the teams year round and touring. But its not and people should know that is why his youth program had never gotten off the ground.   

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »
Btw what is our under 17 doing they back in school or training ....? anton should  either  be  assistant national team coach or  under 17 coach not both ....  Yuh dint see that happening in other countries wey serious about football.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:26:57 AM »
The tough thing about the youth program that LP was able to get government funding for(17 million!) was that Richard Groden - TTFF Gen. Sec is responsible for requesting the funding each month. So even though programs were set up, if Groden drags his feet and doesn't request the money the program stands still. That is what LP has been facing the past two years. Remember, the Gov't ain't cutting a big check for TTFF, they want specific requests.That is the problem he has faced the past two years. I know for a fact that LP got the U17 team into the Milk Cup in Northern Ireland last year in July but the TTFF nixed it. He also was able to get the u17 and u20 teams into the Dallas Cup last year. The TTFF only allowed the u17 team to attend. If it were up to him alone, our youth teams would have full time coaches training the teams year round and touring. But its not and people should know that is why his youth program had never gotten off the ground.   

Well now he should do better, because he may leave the TTFF (which is good) and work directly for the government, get the money and put his plan to use, but then again, the TTFF might hate him for this as Jack Warner is mix up will all sort of politricks....

STICKY !!!!!! but go strong Lincoln.... the good will concour one day....

I pray to see the day Alvin Corneal, Richard Gorden and Oliver Cmaps resign from T&T and leave T&T forever..... and take Jack Warner and Anton Corneal too.......

We under under 17 not even playing a dam game self..... listen Mr Shankar.... more licks for we..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 10:29:36 AM »
Is there a venue for this conventiona nd clinic? They don't want anyone to attend or what?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 10:42:20 AM »
Indianapolis

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 11:01:54 AM »
This is good.... lets hope he does this and more in T&T now that he is with the government in part....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 11:04:49 AM »
Posted by: tempo 
Insert Quote
Indianapolis

Okay that one. I thought he was doing it at home. I normally attend the NSCAA convention, but not this year. That is a really good program to attend.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
TTFF and Jack just just doh surprise me again sometimes with their bull...

Warner is the VP of fifa and he cah get us good friendlies yet...

Phillips is a world-reknown GK coach and was doing things as the Tech Dir. but as he start soemthing they move him and of course his plans gonna get delayed or stopped on a whole or jus plain forgotten.....politricks yes...somebody tell Jack ride out and go UNC and do politics there...

we have young GK's coming up...they eh wanna even utilize that ona  regular...thas y the states was hiring him b4 and takin him for their academies...
and the states have some of the best GK's in the world...technically sound

sad thing is we need someone with some $$ who passionate about the football and not there for status....

we jus play in a WC and cah get any good teams for friendlies?? hmmm fishy i say

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 01:01:20 AM »
Posted by: tempo 
Insert Quote
Indianapolis

Okay that one. I thought he was doing it at home. I normally attend the NSCAA convention, but not this year. That is a really good program to attend.
I saw his gk session and it was outstanding as expected. Looking forward to his presentation on T&T World Cup journey.
The convention will be in Baltimore, MD  next year so you can start making your plans now.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Lincoln ‘Tiger’ Phillips Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 10:13:20 AM »
‘Tiger’ Phillips concerned about Warriors defending
Newsday

Wednesday, April 30 2008

LINCOLN “TIGER” PHILLIPS, technical director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), is pleased with the improvement that the national team showed during their 2-0 win over Grenada in a friendly encounter at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Tunapuna.

Moments after Sunday’s victory, with goals from debutant Jerol Forbes (56th minute) and Kevon Carter (70th), the ex-national goalkeeper said, “I think it was a better game in the second half.”

Regarding another newcomer, Kevaughn Connell, Phillips said, “I think that Connell came on and added a little spice to the game. He was definitely one of the few forwards that (were) going at the defence.

“I like Connell very much,” Phillips added. “He looks like he’s going to be a nice player, one for the future.

“Kevon Carter was very penetrative with his runs and I think that was a difference in the second half,” said Phillips.

But he is concerned about the ability of the TT defence to deal with stronger opposition, especially within the CONCACAF region, especially with the FIFA World Cup qualifiers due to resume in June.

“We’re still not out of the woods in the defence,” he said. “The defending, we’re a bit square.

“I’m sure that (coach Francisco) Maturana knows that’s one of the areas that we have to put a lot of work on,” he added. “We definitely have to keep working at it.”

Marlon Charles, coach of the national women’s Under-17 team, has lauded Maturana and his technical staff for their emphasis on young blood.

“When you look at what’s happening in Trinidad right now, (it) is to give the opportunity to young players,” said Charles. “And for me, this is what it’s all about.

“I am satisfied with what I’m seeing,” Charles continued. “There are a lot of things which they can improve on but the coach knows what he’s doing.”
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:01:42 PM by Flex »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Tiger’ Phillips concerned about Warriors defending
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 10:17:14 AM »
He wasn't worried bou dat when Wim was dey ??

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 10:17:24 AM »
‘Tiger’ Phillips concerned about Warriors defending
Newsday

Wednesday, April 30 2008

LINCOLN “TIGER” PHILLIPS, technical director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), is pleased with the improvement that the national team showed during their 2-0 win over Grenada in a friendly encounter at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Tunapuna.

Moments after Sunday’s victory, with goals from debutant Jerol Forbes (56th minute) and Kevon Carter (70th), the ex-national goalkeeper said, “I think it was a better game in the second half.”

Regarding another newcomer, Kevaughn Connell, Phillips said, “I think that Connell came on and added a little spice to the game. He was definitely one of the few forwards that (were) going at the defence.

“I like Connell very much,” Phillips added. “He looks like he’s going to be a nice player, one for the future.

“Kevon Carter was very penetrative with his runs and I think that was a difference in the second half,” said Phillips.

But he is concerned about the ability of the TT defence to deal with stronger opposition, especially within the CONCACAF region, especially with the FIFA World Cup qualifiers due to resume in June.

“We’re still not out of the woods in the defence,” he said. “The defending, we’re a bit square.

“I’m sure that (coach Francisco) Maturana knows that’s one of the areas that we have to put a lot of work on,” he added. “We definitely have to keep working at it.”

Marlon Charles, coach of the national women’s Under-17 team, has lauded Maturana and his technical staff for their emphasis on young blood.

“When you look at what’s happening in Trinidad right now, (it) is to give the opportunity to young players,” said Charles. “And for me, this is what it’s all about.

“I am satisfied with what I’m seeing,” Charles continued. “There are a lot of things which they can improve on but the coach knows what he’s doing.”

but you are the Technical Director.  Go talk to him and help him directly.  Talking to the media won't help

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 10:19:52 AM »
but you are the Technical Director.  Go talk to him and help him directly.  Talking to the media won't help
I hope Mats ent pull ah Wim oui ;)

thats what Wim was mad about, that LP was saying things about the program...ent?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »
I hope Mats ent pull ah Wim oui ;)

thats what Wim was mad about, that LP was saying things about the program...ent?
I dont know what happen betweeen him and Wim but being the Techinical Director you can't be complaining.  Its his job to fix things, because if the defense sucks, he is part to blame also

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
Join d line LP
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 10:49:54 AM »
I yuh so f**king worried...Call Back Lawrence Andrews Sancho and Avery...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »
I guess he eh dat worried  bring back d old geezers. he doh hold Baker view dat a good wukin old ting ......
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »
whappen to sancho, lawrence, atiba charles, gray, them men could still play for we and at the back, i wouldnt be concerned bc sancho and lawrence are our best defenders and can still play

God is de BOSS...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 11:22:28 AM »
D blacklist happen

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 11:43:02 AM »
maybe he saying that because of the blacklist  ???

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »
maybe he saying that because of the blacklist  ???
D blacklist happen
whappen to sancho, lawrence, atiba charles, gray, them men could still play for we and at the back, i wouldnt be concerned bc sancho and lawrence are our best defenders and can still play

God is de BOSS...

Sound like black list to me Oui, but LP ha to have faith in he TD & de young defenders.

They have to be Mentored by playing next to de experienced laurence,gray et all.

Even Roberto Carlos say,he only learned how to defend until he went Italy.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 12:39:05 PM »

God is de BOSS...

isn't gray injurred and do sancho and Charles still play? I haven't heard of them since the world cup with any team! About Lawrence if I said that we should carry a 38 or 40 year old outfield player to the World Cup would you agree? You talking still about the blacklist none of the players will be under thirty-five which I think should be the limit unless they are exceptional. Second, of those younger than that Only Birchall and Glen haven't been called and Birchall cannot start for his club and Glen still trying to find his feet after his injuries. Of course since they have selected others in the same situation as Birchall, he should be called also but until an International Competitive match passes without him being called I would ignore that talk.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 12:48:01 PM »
But Benjie, seeing as how we have ah problem with defending wouldn't have been better to keep these players around and mix them with the younger players so that they could learn ah thing or two, instead of just leaving them out in the cold.....

.....and I don't know about you but I somehow feel if the players had not stood up to de TTFF and not been blacklisted, they would have been in the mix from after the WC up to the current day and we would not be having this discussion today......

until the younger players show that they have what it takes to hold down de back...give me my older, more experienced players any day....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 01:09:47 PM »
I think i understand Lincoln,i'm not saying that as a technical Director he is not respoinsible but what's wrong with him talking about it,it's his job and at least he recognizes it,if he didn't then i would have a problem with that.

I think is time we get over all those guys that went to the last WC,how long we want to hold on to them for,at some time we have to let them go,they not even around to help the younger players we have at home,we have to move on and that's what lincoln and them doing,if it does not work now at least we have players for the future lets look long term.We made two WC with Lincoln as technical director,that tell us he is doing something right.     

1]; } ?>