April 26, 2024, 08:17:25 AM

Author Topic: Beckham to MLS  (Read 16281 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beckham to MLS
« on: January 11, 2007, 09:26:57 AM »
Look like this confirmed... He going to the Galaxy

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continentalfootball/story/0,,1988215,00.html
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beckham to MLS
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:30:24 AM »
Look like this confirmed... He going to the Galaxy

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continentalfootball/story/0,,1988215,00.html

I read something similar on another news feed as well.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:35:05 AM »
I cannot believe becks doings this, they maust be giving him mad loot. either that or he want his kid to have a normal life. I can see paparazzi chasing him but I really cant see american fans mobing him after the initial fan fare dies down.

i thought becks could still contribute to a big side and to england but i guess this more to MLS is him giving up on his england career.

i cannot believe this

MLS maybe in 2 year but to leave now is career suicide

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »
from reuters.

look like posh spice trying to resurrect her career?

UPDATE 2-Beckham's Real career ending with move to LA
Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:25 PM GMT

By Simon Baskett

MADRID, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Former England captain David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and sign a five-year deal for MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy, he told Reuters on Thursday.

"This week Real Madrid asked me to make a decision regarding my future and the offer to extend my contract for a further two seasons," Beckham told Reuters.

"After discussing several options with my family and my advisors to either stay here in Madrid or join other major British and European teams I have decided to join LA Galaxy and play in the MLS from August this year.

"I would like to thank supporters and the people of Madrid who have made my family and I so welcome in my time here making this an extremely difficult decision to make.

"I have enjoyed my time here enormously and I am extremely grateful to the club for giving me an opportunity to play for such a great team and their amazing fans."

The 31-year-old, who joined Real from Manchester United in June 2003, is the most famous player to sign up for Major League Soccer since it began in 1996.

The deal is reported to be one of the biggest in global sport with Beckham set to earn more than $250 million over the duration of his contract.

The news ends months of speculation about the future of the midfielder whose contract with Real expires at the end of the season.

Having been first choice in the Real Madrid starting lineup since he moved to Spain, Beckham lost his place following the arrival of Italian coach Fabio Capello.

He has only started five of Real's 16 league games this season and was known to be frustrated with his lack of opportunities in the first team.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »
Bad move, I would have liked to see him back in the EPL  with TOTTENHAM, NEWCASTLE OR EVEN PORTSMOUTH, but Galaxy UGGGH! Maybe he would line up with Cornell Glenn and start feeding him those deadly crosses :)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 09:57:10 AM »
didn't Posh try to resurrect her career last year and was in the US working with Damon Dash and her first single flop?

how the mighty have fallen. Beckham surprise meh here. i thought he would go back to England and fight for ah England spot again. but ah guess that is for nought. who knows maybe the man looking to retire with some peace & quiet.

the MLS having to be paying him crazy money when yuh consider the weakness of the US dollar is compared to the Pound & Euro.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
beckham talking bout playing in america long time. look at them spots on FSC.

he view it as an unconquered frontier for his marketing and popularity.

i think he have a big ego and like some many brits (especially musci artists) view making it in america to be a big thing.

if things do work out, i sure some film makers in the san fernando valley will give posh and him top billing in their movies.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »
The Beckhams know exactly what they doing..

Posh going to LA where she needs to be to fight down her 'career'
Becks is a Galactico..so I guess he needed to get to the Galaxy at some point...but he always wanted to move to the US and establish his brand there. Coming to the MLS will make him the biggest fish in the small pond. All eyes will always be on him just the way he likes it..they will treat him like God. It is as much about being able to market himself when he is done (ala Pele) as it has to do with actually playing football. Becks doh care about fighting up in a big side anymore...he has done it all. He finally give up on England...since they give up on him. De man was giving Madrid 50% of his image earnings. That was alright when he was playing...now...not so much. He just need to 'conquer the US' and make sure the cash flowing on both sides of the Atlantic once he hang up his boots.
Finally..the kids will have something resembling a life (actually...they all will). Paprazzi will still stalk, but in LA they will not be on the same level as say...Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie's kid's etc...just part of the pack. In Europe, they were bigger than royalty...

This is a great move for Becks. New challenge, better lifestyle, extreme adoration, US endorsements...the ego has landed

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:16:38 AM »
He will actually need to play some football thoug because, they will get fed up really quick with him standing around waiting on free kicks.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »
Ronaldo, Figo, Dwight and Zidane should come over too
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 10:25:41 AM »
Big money!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:26:51 AM »
MLS real dotish if they paying Becks that kinda money!!  He was never worth that money and will never be worth that money.  They making a mistake, it must be $25M not $250M.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »
Beckham to Glen! Goal!  :beermug:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 10:38:26 AM »
This is a good move for all concerned. Beckham wants to establish his academy in the US, establish his brand etc.etc. Him moving to  England was a non-starter. You reallly couldn't see him playing for Pompey or Arsenal, and CERTAINLY not Liverpool. He is a United fan, and he has said in the past that he could not think of playing  against them for their English rivals. The ting is though, the US is a fickle market... everything is the "flavour of the month". The hype (such as it is) will die down soon... Freddy Adu anyone?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 10:39:17 AM »
Beckham to Glen! Goal!  :beermug:
eh eh ya beat me to that comment ;D

from www.MLSnet.com/

Global icon David Beckham signs with the Los Angeles Galaxy in landmark deal
World's No. 1 soccer star to make Galaxy debut in summer 2007
AEG
LOS ANGELES - World-renowned soccer player David Beckham will become a member of the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer (MLS) during the 2007 MLS season, it was announced by AEG. The 31-year-old midfielder will join the Galaxy after his contract with Real Madrid expires on June 30.
The most recognizable athlete in the world, Beckham has agreed to a five-year deal to play for the Galaxy, whose season opens April 8 in Houston. The deal to bring Beckham to America is thought to be the biggest in sporting history, with industry experts estimating the worth to the player in excess of $250 million.

Beckham is celebrated around the world for his match winning skills as a player in addition to his overall contributions to clubs Real Madrid, Manchester United and England.

"This week, Real Madrid asked me to make a decision regarding my future and the offer to extend my contract by a further two seasons," said David Beckham. After discussing several options with my family and advisers to either stay here at Madrid or join other major British and European clubs, I have decided to join the Los Angeles Galaxy and play in the MLS from August this year.

I am proud to have played for two of the biggest clubs in football and I look forward to the new challenge of growing the world's most popular game in a country that is as passionate about its sport as my own.

For the rest of this season I will continue to give 100% to my coach, team mates and fans as I believe Fabio Capello will bring this club and its supporters the success they truly deserve."

Having been Captain of the English soccer team and the driving force behind two of the world's best and most popular soccer clubs, Manchester United and Real Madrid, Beckham's latest chapter of his superstar career will see him joining one of MLS's most successful franchises.

"David Beckham will have a greater impact on soccer in America than any athlete has ever had on a sport globally," said Timothy J. Leiweke, president & CEO, AEG. "We are acquiring an individual that will not only be the best ambassador and the best role model for athletes and fans of soccer but the best example of what any athlete can and should be. David is truly the only individual that can build the 'bridge' between soccer in America and the rest of the world," added Leiweke.

"In addition to David's tremendous desire to further elevate the sport of soccer in the United States and worldwide, we would also not be here today without the unbelievable cooperation of the members of his management team beginning with Simon Fuller," Leiweke continued. "We owe you all a debt of gratitude and appreciation and give you our commitment that we will support you as you support us every step of the way."

"This historic partnership with 19 Entertainment and CAA Sports will also create tremendous and exciting new opportunities for us to collectively develop additional worldwide initiatives," Leiweke continued. "The synergies created with 19 Entertainment, the worldwide leaders in branding and imaging along with CAA Sports, the premier sports representation agency will result in numerous new and profitable ventures."

With this historic signing, Beckham becomes the first MLS player acquired via the League's new Designated Player Rule which allows the signing of players whose salary falls outside the team salary budget. Although financial details of Beckham's contract will not be revealed, his earnings are likely to run into hundreds of millions of dollars over the five year period when all incomes are collated.

"David Beckham is a global sports icon who will transcend the sport of soccer in America," said MLS Commissioner Don Garber. "His decision to continue his storied career in Major League Soccer is testament to the fact that America is rapidly becoming a true 'Soccer Nation' with Major League Soccer at the core. In the last few years, MLS has added three new teams, six new owners, four new soccer specific stadiums and signed four long term television agreements. The addition of David Beckham represents another significant step forward for the MLS and the sport."

"As importantly, David's enormous success as a player and team leader will serve as an inspiration to millions of soccer players and fans in this country and his global popularity will help take MLS and the sport of soccer in this country to an unprecedented level of excitement and popularity here and abroad."

The unprecedented agreement was negotiated by representatives of Beckham's international personal management agency 19 Entertainment and CAA Sports.

"David Beckham is an extraordinary sporting icon," said 19 Entertainment's Simon Fuller. "His achievements to date as a player would satisfy even the most ambitious athlete. However, David's decision to move to the Los Angeles Galaxy and play in the MLS is the beginning of probably his greatest and most important adventure of all."

Fuller continued, "David's passion for soccer means that there could be no greater ambassador for the world's most popular sport and this will undoubtedly help its continued growth in the world's biggest sporting nation. I am proud to have played a part in this unprecedented and highly innovative deal which takes David to the United States. With our friends and partners at AEG, I look forward to an exciting and memorable five years ahead."

Beckham's move to play in North America is expected to introduce millions of new fans to the game. His appeal in Europe ranges from die-hard club fans who respect his work ethic and his ability to win a game single-handedly, to casual and new fans of the sport who are drawn to him by his refusal to conform to the stereotypical expectations of what a soccer player should be.

Respected UK sports magazine, Four Four Two (February 2007), describes Beckham as "blessed with a special talent, a right foot that could open Fort Knox, and more importantly than anything else, a phenomenal work ethic...when he broke a bone in his foot prior to the World Cup, England ground to a halt. Tabloids beseeched their tens of millions of readers to kiss pictures of the troubled toe and pray for its swift healing."

Beckham has won six Premiership medals, two FA Cups, one Champions League and the Intercontinental Cup (now known as FIFA Club World Championship), the most important club prize in the world soccer calendar. Additionally, he has been made an Officer of the British Empire by the Queen, voted the BBC's "Sports Personality of the Year," and has played for England more than 90 times.

DAVID BECKHAM CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:

Fifth most capped England player of all time
Only Englishman to have scored in three successive World Cup Finals
As of December 2005, one of only four players (and the only Englishman) to have appeared in over 100 Champions League matches
Finished runner up European Footballer of the Year 1999 and FIFA World Player of The Year in 1999 and 2001
BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 2001
Opened Commonwealth Games in Manchester in 2002
Awarded OBE for services to football in 2003
Appointed as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2005
Played prominent role in London's successful bid for 2012 Olympics
PFA Young Player of the year (97)
UEFA Champions League Footballer of the Year (99)
ABOUT 19 ENTERTAINMENT and SIMON FULLER:

Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment has a range of interests that cover TV, Sport, Fashion, Music and other forms of branded entertainment. The company is a fully owned subsidiary of CKX Inc (NASDAQ: CKXE).
Simon Fuller is the creator of Pop Idol and American Idol, the world's most valuable TV format. Following sales in 42 territories around the world, the TV show is now valued at over $2,500,000,000 (2.5 billion dollars) thanks to revenues from sponsors, merchandising, telephone, music sales and advertising sources. Fuller has since created a second global TV hit, So You Think You Can Dance, which has top rated for Fox TV in the States and other broadcasters around the world.
In 2006 Fuller's company 19 Recordings (owned by CKX Inc) was confirmed as one of the biggest hit makers in the US music industry will sales of over 46 million units including CD and DVDs through artists including Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry, and Fantasia.
Simon Fuller is recognized as the world's most successful manager - breaking a record set by the Beatles Manager Brian Epstein in the 1960s - when three of his artists occupied the No.1, No.2 and No.3 positions on the US single chart as well as the No.1 position in the album chart
Simon Fuller's current roster of global talent includes David and Victoria Beckham, Claudia Schiffer, the England Football Team, fashion designer Roland Mouret, recording artists including Annie Lennox, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Will Young, Annie Lennox, Emma Bunton, as well as the Honda Racing Formula 1 team and star drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello

ABOUT THE LOS ANGELES GALAXY:
One of Major League Soccer (MLS) original clubs, the Los Angeles Galaxy were founded on June 15, 1994 and play all of the club's home games at The Home Depot Center on the campus of California State University at Dominguez Hills in Carson, CA. The L.A. Galaxy are one of the premier teams in MLS featuring many top national and international stars and boasting five championships including the MLS Cup (2002, 2005), U.S. Open Cup (2001, 2005) and CONCACAF Champions' Cup (2000). The 13 teams that comprise MLS are: the Chicago Fire, Club Deportivo Chivas USA, Colorado Rapids, Columbus Crew, D.C. United, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, Kansas City Wizards, Galaxy, New England Revolution, New York Red Bulls, Real Salt Lake and Toronto FC. For more information or to order tickets, please call the Galaxy ticket office toll-free at 1-877-3GALAXY or visit the official website at www.lagalaxy.com.

ABOUT MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER:
Headquartered in New York City, Major League Soccer is the top-flight professional soccer league in the United States and features many stars from the U.S. and around the world. The League's 12th season kicks off April 7, 2007. The 13 teams in MLS are: the Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids, Chivas USA, Columbus Crew, D.C. United, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, Kansas City Wizards, Los Angeles Galaxy, Red Bull New York, New England Revolution, Real Salt Lake and Toronto FC. For more information about MLS, log on to the League's official web site at www.MLSnet.com .

ABOUT CAA SPORTS:
CAA Sports represents more than 350 of the world's best athletes in team sports such as baseball, football, hockey, and soccer, in addition to icons in individual sports, on-air broadcasters, and other sports personalities. Beyond traditional athlete representation, CAA Sports provides unique opportunities for clients off the field, in areas including licensing, endorsements, speakers, philanthropy, and video games. CAA Sports also helps develop sports programming opportunities and sports marketing strategies for our clients. CAA Sports is a division of Creative Artists Agency (CAA), a talent and literary agency that represents the most creative and successful artists working in film, television, music, theatre, and video games, and provides a range of strategic marketing services to corporate clients.

ABOUT AEG:
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center, Toyota Sports Center, Anaheim Arena (as preferred booking agent), NOKIA Theatre Times Square, NOKIA Theatre at Grand Prairie and Toyota Park. Additionally, AEG developed and operates The Home Depot Center, a $150 million national training center on the campus of California State University Dominguez Hills in Carson, California designated as an "Official U.S. Olympic Training Site" by the United States Olympic Committee that includes major facilities for soccer, tennis, track & field, cycling, action sports, beach volleyball, basketball and other sports. AEG Sports oversees sports franchises throughout the world including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), Los Angeles Riptide (MLL) and three MLS franchises - The Los Angeles Galaxy, Chicago Fire and MLS Champion Houston Dynamo as well as events such as the Amgen Tour of California cycling road race and the ING Bay to Breakers foot race and an ongoing schedule of soccer exhibitions in the United States featuring the most popular international teams. The company's live entertainment division, AEG LIVE is one of the world's leading concert promotion and touring organizations.

AEG is currently overseeing the development of L.A. Live, a 4 million square foot / $2.5 billion downtown Los Angeles sports & entertainment district featuring NOKIA Theatre Los Angeles, a 7,100-seat live theatre, a 54-story, 1000-room convention "headquarters" hotel (combining JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton brands and 225 luxury condominiums - The Residences at The Ritz Carlton), Club NOKIA, a 2,200 capacity live music venue, a 15-screen Regal Cineplex, "broadcast" facilities for ESPN, along with entertainment, restaurant, residential and office space. The company has begun fully developing the 28-acre Millennium Dome and adjacent property located in the eastern part of London along the Thames River and will create The O2, which includes a 23,000-seat arena and over 650,000sf of leisure and entertainment use within the "Dome', and additional arenas, O2 World, on 45-acres in central Berlin, Citizen's Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California and Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri as well as Red Bull Park, a soccer stadium in Harrison, New Jersey.
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20070111&content_id=81598&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 10:49:22 AM »
This move smelling ah Hollywood and nothing else.  Becks wants to act and be a superstar, and push he academy, while Posh trying to revive ah dead career.  Ain't nothing bour football here.   That is the end of Becks.  Is all about milking his brand.  What wrong with the MLS?  You go pay Becks 50 mil ah year.  That figure cyar be right.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
This is a good move for the MLS and a lucrative move for Beckham. He getting paid all that money to play at a lower intensity than La Liga. Living in LA also makes it easier for for him to be film star which is one of his ambitions.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 10:52:18 AM »
This move smelling ah Hollywood and nothing else.  Becks wants to act and be a superstar, and push he academy, while Posh trying to revive ah dead career.  Ain't nothing bour football here.   That is the end of Becks.  Is all about milking his brand.  What wrong with the MLS?  You go pay Becks 50 mil ah year.  That figure cyar be right.
Tenorsaw, if that figure is even close to correct, then that is real madness. It remains to be seen if Becks presence will result in full stadiums in places like Kansas... It might help in their youth development... maybe.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »
Tenorsaw, if that figure is even close to correct, then that is real madness. It remains to be seen if Becks presence will result in full stadiums in places like Kansas... It might help in their youth development... maybe.

On Sky they saying it's £498,000 a WEEK, which is about three times what the top Premiership player is getting now. When you factor this in, it probably wasn't a difficult decision for Beckham at all... :beermug:

Offline danibaby

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 11:00:39 AM »
Lights camera action!! I think this move will see Beckham starring in some movies and his wife just might revamp her career. Good luck to them. Look at moneyyyyyyyyy!! This could also benefit US football with some heavy marketing equalling more US interest in the sport.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
The deal to bring Beckham to America is thought to be the biggest in sporting history, with industry experts estimating the worth to the player in excess of $250 million.

Watch the wording good. It doesn't say the MLS is paying that amount. I'm sure there are sponsorship deals and other revenue channels involved that make up the total. Any way you cut it though it's a lot of money.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
so now that the proverbial "4 minute mile" has been broken so to speak, How many more Top Notch Footballers will try and Cash in on this?
I say two in the next year.
check this article
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=397962&root=mls25&cc=5901
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:18:14 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 11:09:39 AM »
The deal to bring Beckham to America is thought to be the biggest in sporting history, with industry experts estimating the worth to the player in excess of $250 million.

Watch the wording good. It doesn't say the MLS is paying that amount. I'm sure there are sponsorship deals and other revenue channels involved that make up the total. Any way you cut it though it's a lot of money.

I was waiting for someone else to mention the sponsorship money and other endorsement deals that wil make up such a large figure. That's where the money is, putting his likeness on clothes, billboards, shoes, watches, commercials, etc.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 11:16:27 AM »
It does sound a lot like the Pele-Cosmos deal all over again. I hope the MLS knows what they're doing and don't end up where NASL went.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 11:18:19 AM »

I was waiting for someone else to mention the sponsorship money and other endorsement deals that wil make up such a large figure. That's where the money is, putting his likeness on clothes, billboards, shoes, watches, commercials, etc.

From the Guardian UK
Even with the salary cap constraints removed, Beckham's pay packet far outstrips what could normally be afforded by a team whose stadium holds just 27,000 spectators, and it has taken some creative thinking from American Idol creator Simon Fuller, who represents Beckham, to achieve such a huge sum. It is understood that less than a fifth of the overall figure will come from Beckham's basic wage, with the greater part made up of a combination of sponsorship deals, merchandising sales and a participation in club profits.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »
wonder what the parachute on that contract is worth? ???

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 11:25:24 AM »
wonder what the parachute on that contract is worth? ???

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 11:30:45 AM »
I guess it done make already?
Mls is now front page news

i just went on CNN and MSNBC and beck on the front page

they man beat back Bush new plan for Iraq Qui.

Amazing

this might pay off for the MLS

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
A while back, someone posted the MLS pay scale on here. It had endless men making less than $15K, minimum wage. How ah man like dat go feel sharing ah locker room with Becks, making all dat $$? And especially if he doh put out no set ah effort and is not de man running things on de field. Talk bout Disgruntled?

But from Becks perspective, I say DAM GOOD MOVE. Football is a profession. At de end ah de day, especaiily after having some of the credentials Becks done have (the treble), is bout de dollars. Chi-ching!!!
Toujour Pret!

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »
Like my Trini peeps does say...

Steups!!!!!!!
Find Out If You Have What It Takes To Earn The Green Beret.

1]; } ?>