April 19, 2024, 12:32:49 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados game.  (Read 52132 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Barbados game.
« on: January 09, 2007, 01:50:01 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the game vs Barbados (Jan-12) will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Games on the 12.

Trinidad & Tobago vs Barbados - 6pm, Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Haiti vs Martinique - 8:30pm, Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Note.

The Digicel Caribbean Cup Final Round will consist of two groups of four from 12-18 January with the top two advancing to the next round but also qualifying directly to the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup™ from 6-24 June. The twelve-team 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup™ will be comprised of four teams emerging from the Caribbean Qualifying, five from the Central American Qualification (2007 UNCAF Nations Cup hosted by El Salvador) and three automatic qualifiers from the North Zone (Canada, Mexico and USA). Therefore both Central America and the Caribbean will receive one more tournament berth than in 2005.

Possible TV Viewing.

Fox Soccer Channel - 6:30pm EST.

Crew Meet Up.

Roll Call - Digicel Cup Attendees...

Caribbean Cup on Sky, Fox.

Live Chat.

Live Links.

Link Here.

T&T Digicel Cup Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers).

Defenders:

Seon Power (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Nigel Daniel (San Juan Jabloteh), Dwayne Jack (Tobago United), Osei Telesford (Liberty University).

Midfielders:

Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers), Leslie Fitzpatrick (unattached), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa), Kerry Baptiste (San Juan Jabloteh).

Forwards:

Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Joel Bailey (Monreal Impact), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards).

T&T leads 1-0, half time, Glasgow 32nd.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 05:09:07 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados game.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:52:08 PM »
Like no body paying me any attention so I will ask again nicely

Is anyone trying to organize a stream link for the game?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »
Flex if you could get the player #s I would appreciate it.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:57:23 PM »
Like no body paying me any attention so I will ask again nicely

Is anyone trying to organize a stream link for the game?
I am. Can't promise anything though.

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »
I would greatly appreciate that.
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »
Thanks Jah, should be ah good game.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 12:31:23 AM »
no julius no peace
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Dutchfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 03:32:43 AM »
a stream link would be greatly appreciated from here too, would you post the link in this thread?

Offline Dutchfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
ty
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 03:34:03 AM »
a stream link would be greatly appreciated will you post the link here?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 05:17:35 AM »
Yes I will post the stream here.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 06:31:49 AM »
Jah Gol, Thanks man.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 10:53:53 AM »
FSC, from 6pm.....

:applause:

Thanks Flex.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »
Barbados have right mix
By: Nation News

Published on: 1/10/07.

HAS BARBADOS' FOOTBALL come of age?

This will be put to the test in the Digicel Caribbean Football Cup Final in Trinidad starting on Friday.

If there was ever a time to prove we have made some strides it is now.

We have walked for far too long in the shadow of teams like Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica, both of whom have qualified for the World Cup.

I drew that comparison because in times past we were considered to be the No.3 team in the English-speaking Caribbean.

Surely, in the '80s we weren't too far behind them. Since then they have galloped ahead while we have stood stationary but for a brief period in 2000 when we reached the semi-final round of the CONCACAF zone for the 2002 World Cup played in South Korea and Japan.

The current squad seems more than capable of reaching those heady heights again. All of the right ingredients are there: a well balanced unit, shaped and directed by a very knowledgeable coaching staff.

In addition, team spirit is high, definitely on par with the 2000 team.

I think we would agree that what separated teams like Trinidad and Jamaica from the rest of the pack was that they were boosted by several full-time professionals. They were at the heart of their qualification for the World Cup.

It is imperative to have these players in your ranks because their natural dedication to duty and work ethic rub off on those who play in a less demanding environment. You could say we are getting there with English-based players like Paul Ifill, Mark McCammon, Neil Harvey and Luis Soares, all of whom will be in the line-up for the Digicel Cup.

The face of the game has changed and we must not be left behind if we want to compete with the best the region and others have to give. You could add that the top teams have been able to engage the services of some of the world's best coaches at the right price, of course.

I don't believe we are prepared to pay exorbitant sums on recruiting such personnel so we have to make the best of those we have.

The team of technical adviser Keith Griffith, head coach Eyre Sealy and assistant coach Jerry Skeete are doing an excellent job right now and everything possible should be done to encourage them to keep up the good work.

So far they have assisted the team in winning their groups on their way to the final but it would be a true triumph if they were able to finish in the Top 4 or even win the tournament which has to be the main goal. Those in the Top 4 will qualify for the prestigious Gold Cup to be played in the United States in June.

I am not disconcerted by the fact that Barbados have been drawn in the group of death along with nemesis Trinidad and Tobago, Haiti and Martinique. In fact, they should see it as the impetus they need to push them to their highest standard.

I think the best is yet to come from this team and the most encouraging sign is that captain Norman Forde seems to have finally matured and ready to accept his responsibilities fully not only as captain but the midfield general.

His predecessors like Victor "Gas" Clarke, Anthony Clarke, Adrian Hall and Colin Forde distinguished themselves in that area and he has all the attributes to do the same.

The team's mindset will be important. They must believe they are as good or better than their opponents.

It is perhaps no accident that their first game will be against Trinidad and Tobago. How they do in this game could very well indicate how ready they are to elevate their status as one of the big guns in regional football.

IFILL DEAL
by EZRA STUART (Nation News)

Published on: 1/9/07.

BARBADOS' English-based footballer Paul Ifill was yesterday signed by English League Championship side Crystal Palace from Premier League side Sheffield United for over $2 million.

The 27-year-old winger agreed to a two-and-a-half-year contract with the Eagles who are 15th in the second division championship table after joining on a £750 000 (BDS$2.6 million) transfer fee.

"I have come to a club which is geared for the Premier League again, and that is what we are hoping for," Ifill said in an interview after the signing.

"It wasn't a difficult choice and I'm looking forward to it now. I was talking to another club, but my agent rang and told me that Palace were interested, and from there it was pretty straightforward," he added.

Ifill scored nine goals in 42 appearances for Sheffield after joining from Millwall in May 2005.

He was also Barbados' leading marksman with six goals in the team's successful first and second round Digicel Caribbean Cup group matches but his new contract has ruled him out of the finals which kick off in Trinidad and Tobago on Friday. According to a report on the BBC Sports website, he will be in Palace's squad for Saturday's trip to Coventry City.

Ifill's loss is another major blow to Barbados' chances of advancing to the last four and qualifying for the CONCACAF Gold Cup. The news worsened for Barbados as Doncaster Rovers' big striker Mark McCammon was injured over the weekend and has been ordered to rest for two weeks.

Barbados will now play the Soca Warriors in the first game at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 6 p.m. Friday, without Ifill and the injured quartet of Rommell Brathwaite, Elvis Defreitas, Michael Forde and Bryan Neblett.

With Ifill no longer available, the Barbados Football Association was busy yesterday making travel arrangements for Claytons Kola Tonic Notre Dame utility player Rudy Grosvenor to join the team in Trinidad.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 01:02:48 PM by e-man »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »
wey bimblast
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 11:16:43 AM »
Fellas, we cannot underestimate anyone, go there and give and play 100%.... PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 11:21:31 AM »
That FSC saying it is Highlights
"Fri.  Jan 12  Digicel Caribbean Cup  Highlights   6:30 p.m.  "
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »
"Fri.  Jan 12  Digicel Caribbean Cup  Highlights   6:30 p.m.  "

Shit, yuh right....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »

I do not know how accurate this is but here goes...

3.Makan Hislop, 13.Nigel Daniel, 4.Anthony Noreiga, 2.Dwayne Jack, 5.Osei Telesford, 6.Leslie Fitzpatrick, 18.Densill Theobald, 13.Hayden Tinto, 10.Kerwyn Jemmott, 7.Keeron Benito, 8.Kerry Baptiste, 12.Gary Glasgow, 11.Darryl Roberts, 20.Joel Bailey, 9.Scott Sealy.

I will confirm all with you soon as Shaun gets back to me with the info..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:10:53 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
I don't know if I am way out in left field here, but why didn't the Pro League make an attempt to show the games on their site. I think it would be a great venture for them to under take. Correct me if there is no way they can or could have done this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »
I don't know if I am way out in left field here, but why didn't the Pro League make an attempt to show the games on their site. I think it would be a great venture for them to under take. Correct me if there is no way they can or could have done this.

De Pro League have teams whey tellin dey players dey cyah play fuh de National team when selected, yuh really feel dem go broadcast National team games on dem site?

De National team is low priority....actually...make dat NO PRIORITY fuh many in T&T football.

Dem only interested in dem own agenda and dey go do whatever necessary, includin sabotagin said National program, no matter de level...senior, U20, U17 etc..to achieve dem selfish aims.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 09:24:21 PM »
If Barbados beat we ah going and work as Bimblast pimp fuh 6 months marketing he bamsee for free on de bajan tourist Ports.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 07:26:12 AM »
"Fri. Jan 12 Digicel Caribbean Cup Highlights 6:30 p.m. "

I saw that to, however, if you look at the time the next program starts you will see 8pm, so I am assuming they may bring the T&T game.. ?

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 08:50:46 AM »
Assume Flex you assuming? OK, OK
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »
1. A parade of competing teams prior to the opening match on January 12th, a clash between the host Soca Warriors and the Barbados “Bajan Pride”, will be followed after the match by a colorful celebration of carnival to entertain spectators.

2. Courtesy of partners Motorola, fans will also have the chance to win handsets and call credit during half-time of each of the 16 finals matches when three lucky spectators will be invited onto the pitch to “Kick 4 Ca$h” by scoring a goal. Bands, cheerleaders, DJs and give-aways at each and every match will contribute to the party atmosphere making the matches a must see event not just for football fans but families. With ticket prices starting at TT$20 and under 12s going for free, fans and families have the chance to enjoy all the fun and action at what President Warner described as a “bargain” price.

3. President Warner also announced the selection of a Digicel All-Star Caribbean Team which will be chosen by a panel of independent judges from all the players on show in the Digicel Caribbean Cup finals tournament. With 193 goals from the 51 qualifying matches in the tournament so far, the judges will have plenty of exciting Caribbean football talent to choose from.

4. Tickets for the Digicel Caribbean Cup final are available from 25 flagship Digicel stores across Trinidad & Tobago and are priced at $50 for covered seats and $20 for uncovered seats.

Sedley Joseph Group - Hasley Crawford Stadium.
Trinidad and Tobago 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Haiti 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Barbados 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Martinique 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group Bobby Sookram - Mannie Ramjohn Stadium.
Guyana 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Cuba 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
St Vincent & Grenadines 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Guadeloupe 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:57:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 10:34:47 AM »

I do not know how accurate this is but here goes...

3.Makan Hislop, 13.Nigel Daniel, 4.Anthony Noreiga, 2.Dwayne Jack, 5.Osei Telesford, 6.Leslie Fitzpatrick, 18.Densill Theobald, 13.Hayden Tinto, 10.Kerwyn Jemmott, 7.Keeron Benito, 8.Kerry Baptiste, 12.Gary Glasgow, 11.Darryl Roberts, 20.Joel Bailey, 9.Scott Sealy.

I will confirm all with you soon as Shaun gets back to me with the info..
Thanks

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 10:35:27 AM »
Good luck to my Soca Warriors Team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they win everything and prove many wrong......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
Lavine to the rescue
by EZRA STUART (Nation News)

Published on: 1/11/07.

HIT BY THE LATE WITHDRAWAL of English-based Paul Ifill and Mark McCammon, the Barbados Football Association (BFA) has sent out an SOS for veteran Irish-based striker Eric Lavine.

The 36-year-old Lavine, who now lives in Ireland, is expected to join the national football team in Trinidad and Tobago just in time for the Bajans' opening match of the Digicel Caribbean Cup finals tomorrow night.

The already depleted Barbados outfit, scheduled to oppose eight-time champions and host country Trinidad and Tobago in a 6 p.m. kick-off at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, suffered yet another blow with the loss of first-choice goalkeeper Alvin Rouse,
who has not recovered fully from a shoulder injury.

Rouse, who has had the experience of playing professionally in Ireland with Sligo Rovers, will be replaced by Arawak Cement Youth Milan's custodian Adrian Chase, with Claytons Kola Tonic Notre Dame's Morrison Taylor moving up to the No.1 position.

Chase, who had a short stint as the team's No.1 goalkeeper following the retirement of Horace Stoute, was expected to leave for Trinidad and Tobago yesterday evening.

English-based players Louis Soares of Aldershot Town and Wrexton's Neil Harvey were also scheduled to join Chase
on that flight.

During the past decade, Lavine received rave reviews for his goal-scoring feats while representing Galway United, Athlone Town and Longford Town. He was Irish Player Of The Year six times, while his club, Longford, won the Irish FA Cup in 2003.

The BFA was busy yesterday finalising arrangements for Lavine to fly from Ireland, via England, to the Caribbean.

The mad scramble for Lavine arose after Ifill pulled out of the squad on Monday after signing a $2.6 million contract for two-and-a-half years with English Championship side Crystal Palace in a transfer from Premier team Sheffield United.

Ifill's withdrawal was followed by that of McCammon, who has been sidelined with an ankle injury picked up last Sunday when his League One club, Doncaster Rovers, was thrashed 4-0 by Premiership side Bolton Wanderers.

The Barbados team, which is coached by Eyre Sealy and Jerry Skeete with the experienced Keith Griffith as technical adviser, has made a significant rise in the FIFA world rankings, moving from 152 last August to 98 at the start of the new year.

Barbados' move up the rankings came about after the team won both their first and second-round Digicel Cup preliminary groups, extending their unbeaten record to nine international matches.

But five other players, Rommell Brathwaite, Elvis Defreitas, Michael Forde, Paul Lovell and Bryan Neblett, who represented the team during that golden run, have been ruled out of the lucrative finals where the champions will pocket US$120 000.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 12:00:28 PM »
I am disappointed at some of the negative remarks of (some ) our supporters on this forum, with the kickoff starting tomorrow.
isn't there anything positive that you guys can say about the young (in terms of experience) team??
i wish the team all the best ...play hard guys and make us proud

come on warriors!!

T & T we want a GOAL ...and 2 and 3.... ;D :bringiton:

TrinInfinite

The Starting Eleven has been Set......
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »
15 mins b4 de match I will announce the starting line-up...................

God is de BOSS......

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Starting Eleven has been Set......
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 01:20:07 PM »
so what is de point of yuh post...by then the rest of us should know

1]; } ?>