March 29, 2024, 03:56:03 AM

Author Topic: We really need a Team Psychologist  (Read 3032 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
We really need a Team Psychologist
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:52:02 PM »
Young Powers, poor powers, current gone

I not sure if this young man was on debut tonight i think he was, but from d first whistle the young man was out of it mentally. Too many individual mistakes to mention. He was not ready, and i dont think Wim and his staff mad enough to put him out there if they didnt think he could handle the situation which lends the question maybe the occasion, no longer on the training ground but infront of a national audience and we not easy as fans on our players and the bright lights wearing the national shirt played a part in his unfortunate demise, no Yorke, no Hislop, no Latapy, no Lawrence or Stern as a calming influence of experience on the field to settle him down.

I try to make sense out of the madness of his play today. I tried to think that if i had my first cap that i would be nervous as hell, hopefully after the first 10 minutes or so i would settle down but if i were to mistrap the first ball i got and then give a bad pass then have Bleeder shout in meh head, then miss a tackle and another mistrap then it would take longer and longer for me to calm down and settle.

Preparation on and off the field, mental preparation which was something Beenhakker was very good at. Cyah really comment on how Wim talks to his players in preparation especially off the field. But tonight it was evident that the young man needed something, too bad he might not have another chance to show what he really could do after tonight.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline beau-brummel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We really need a Team Psychologist
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »
After Haiti give the Bajans their buss ass on Monday, and Martinique beat TnT, you might actually need a psychiatrist. Wait until Tuesday morning, I could refer the team to a good professional shrink. LOL....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »

I not sure if this young man was on debut tonight i think he was, but from d first whistle the young man was out of it mentally. Too many individual mistakes to mention. He was not ready, and i dont think Wim and his staff mad enough to put him out there if they didnt think he could handle the situation which lends the question maybe the occasion, no longer on the training ground but infront of a national audience and we not easy as fans on our players and the bright lights wearing the national shirt played a part in his unfortunate demise, no Yorke, no Hislop, no Latapy, no Lawrence or Stern as a calming influence of experience on the field to settle him down.

I try to make sense out of the madness of his play today. I tried to think that if i had my first cap that i would be nervous as hell, hopefully after the first 10 minutes or so i would settle down but if i were to mistrap the first ball i got and then give a bad pass then have Bleeder shout in meh head, then miss a tackle and another mistrap then it would take longer and longer for me to calm down and settle.

Preparation on and off the field, mental preparation which was something Beenhakker was very good at. Cyah really comment on how Wim talks to his players in preparation especially off the field. But tonight it was evident that the young man needed something, too bad he might not have another chance to show what he really could do after tonight.
Mental preparation has to be a part of it. He is young and will learn but Hardest has no hope.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:13:08 PM »
After Haiti give the Bajans their buss ass on Monday, and Martinique beat TnT, you might actually need a psychiatrist. Wait until Tuesday morning, I could refer the team to a good professional shrink. LOL....

We should be able to beat Barbados. But, that won't come easy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:14:54 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:17:05 PM »

Mental preparation has to be a part of it. He is young and will learn but Hardest has no hope.

24-25 eh young
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bimblast

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:21:35 AM »

patois guys....bajan pride missing seven starters...all other teams in group should flatten bim..........however bajans dont ever surrender........ask trinis about bim and cricket....................we will see what we will see when duvalier boys clash with the pride ok :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:27:13 AM by Bimblast »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 08:29:33 AM »

patois guy....bajan pride missing seven starters...all other teams in group should flattren bim..........however bajans dont ever surrender........ask trins about bim and cricket....................we will see what we will see when duvalier boys clash with the pride ok

patois guy, duvalier boys...Com'n! You can do better than that  ;)

However, congrats to Barbados. A tie against TnT in POS is a very good result for you. This 1pt may take you a long way. You never know. Let's wait and see how things unfold here.

Offline Bimblast

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 08:31:54 AM »

patois guy....bajan pride missing seven starters...all other teams in group should flattren bim..........however bajans dont ever surrender........ask trins about bim and cricket....................we will see what we will see when duvalier boys clash with the pride ok

However, congrats to Barbados. A tie against TnT in POS is a very good result for you. This 1pt may take you a long way. You never know. Let's wait and see how things unfold here.

aiite tonton....that better????? :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 08:35:44 AM »

aiite tonton....that better????? :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I pass  :peace:

1]; } ?>