June 16, 2024, 02:31:07 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados game.  (Read 53727 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
New look Warriors chase ninth CFU crown
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2007, 10:00:50 PM »
...face Bajans in Digicel Cup opener
BY NIGEL SIMON (Guardian)

T&T forward GARY GLASGOW, second from right, shrugs off tackles from NIGEL DANIEL and LESLIE FITZPATRICK during a practice session at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva on Tuesday.
T&T, eight-time winners, meet Barbados in the opening match of the Digicel Caribbean Cup Final Sedley Joseph Group at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo from 6 pm today. Photo:Anthony Harris.

A NEW look Soca Warriors, led by midfielder Densill Theobald and comprising 11 debutants will begin their quest for an unprecedented ninth line on the Caribbean Football Union crown in the second edition of the Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals.

Since the first CFU tournament was held in Barbados in 1989, T&T has captured the region’s most coveted title on eight occasions, with five coming on home soil.

However the last of those eight titles came in 2001, a 2-1 win over Martinique at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

And beginning today, coach Wim Rijsbergen, in charge of the team for his first tournament since taking over from Leo Beenhakker at the end of the World Cup, will be anxious for his players to get off to a positive start against the Bajans in the first match in the Sedley Joseph Group at the Mucurapo venue from 6pm.

Prior to the first match, an official opening ceremony will take place involving all eight teams with Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his wife, the Honourable Senator Hazel Manning, Minister of Education meeting the teams.

Forced to select an 18-man squad minus a number of players from local club CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, Rijsbergen’s final team comprises only one member of the Soca Warriors which participated in Germany in newly appointed captain Theobald.

In addition to Theobald, the only players with some senior team experienced but cannot be labelled as senior team regulars are strikers Scott Sealy and Gary Glasgow, goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, midfielders Leslie “Tiger” Fiztpatrick, Kerwyn ‘Hardest” Jemmott, Nigel Daniel and defender Dwayne Jack.

Today’s match will also be the first time the T&T team will be participating in a tournament since their involvement at the World Cup Finals in Germany.

During that time, the locals have played four international friendly matches, losing away 2-0 and 4-1 to Japan and Austria respectively while beating St Vincent and the Grenadines (5-0) and Panama (2-1) at home in mid-November.

While the T&T team will be without its top European-based players, coach Rijsbergen said he was still confident that his players would be able to put on a good showing as this was an ideal chance for them to prove their worth.

The Bajans meanwhile boast four English-based players in their line-up and are unbeaten in their last six international matches, all Digicel Cup qualifiers.

Led by top scorer Paul Ifill, who was signed by English Championship Division club Crystal Palace from Premiership side Sheffield United earlier this week, the Bajans had wins over Antigua & Barbuda (3-1), Anguilla (7-1), Bahamas (2-1) and St Vincent and The Grenadines (3-0). They also drew 1-1 with Bermuda and St Kitts/Nevis respectively.

Despite their recent good record which has seen them climb up the CFU and Fifa rankings, as oppose to T&T, the Bajans will be mindful that their record against T&T is not one they can boast about.

T&T has a stellar record against Barbados who have won just three of 26 matches between the teams since 1973. T&T has won 16 times with the other seven matches ending in draws.

The last of those wins for T&T was a 3-2 triumph in Bridgetown during the round-robin finals of the Digicel Cup last year.

That win also guaranteed T&T the third and final spot behind Jamaica and Cuba at last year’s Concacaf Gold Cup.

But this time, the Jamaicans failed to reach the final paving the way for a new champion to be crowned and with the top four teams gaining qualification to the Gold Cup later this win, a win for either team will go a long way to getting their campaign off on the right track.

The second match at 8.30 pm, will feature two of the three French-speaking teams in the tournament, Martinique against Haiti.

The Bobby Sookram Group, to be played at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella comprises Cuba, Guyana, St Vincent and The Grenadines and Guadeloupe.

The winning team will walk away with US $120,000 while second gets US $70,000; third —US $50,000 and fourth—US $30,000.

T&T squadJan-Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers), Seon Power, Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Osei Telesford, Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa), Dwayne Jack, Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United), Densill Theobald, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Kerwyn Jemmot (Superstar Rangers), Joel Bailey (Monreal Impact), Leslie Fitzpatrick (unattached), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards).

Stand-by: Anonth Noreiga Christian Baptiste (Defence Force), Nigel Daniel (San Juan Jabloteh), Kerry Baptiste (San Juan Jabloteh).

Barbados squad: Alvin Rouse, Morrison Taylor (goalkeepers); John Parris, Dwight James, Renaldo Fenty, Bryan Neblett, Jonathan Straker, Ramuel Miller (defenders), Gregory Goodridge (utility), Romelle Burgess, Norman Forde, John Hawkesworth, Jeffrey Williams, Louis Soares (midfielders), Ryan Lucas, Neil Harvey, Paul Ifill, Mark Mc Cammon (strikers).

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New look Warriors chase ninth CFU crown
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2007, 04:26:21 AM »
...face Bajans in Digicel Cup opener
BY NIGEL SIMON (Guardian)

T&T forward GARY GLASGOW, second from right, shrugs off tackles from NIGEL DANIEL and LESLIE FITZPATRICK during a practice session at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva on Tuesday.
T&T, eight-time winners, meet Barbados in the opening match of the Digicel Caribbean Cup Final Sedley Joseph Group at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo from 6 pm today. Photo:Anthony Harris.

A NEW look Soca Warriors, led by midfielder Densill Theobald and comprising 11 debutants will begin their quest for an unprecedented ninth line on the Caribbean Football Union crown in the second edition of the Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals.

Since the first CFU tournament was held in Barbados in 1989, T&T has captured the region’s most coveted title on eight occasions, with five coming on home soil.

However the last of those eight titles came in 2001, a 2-1 win over Martinique at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

And beginning today, coach Wim Rijsbergen, in charge of the team for his first tournament since taking over from Leo Beenhakker at the end of the World Cup, will be anxious for his players to get off to a positive start against the Bajans in the first match in the Sedley Joseph Group at the Mucurapo venue from 6pm.

Prior to the first match, an official opening ceremony will take place involving all eight teams with Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his wife, the Honourable Senator Hazel Manning, Minister of Education meeting the teams.

Forced to select an 18-man squad minus a number of players from local club CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, Rijsbergen’s final team comprises only one member of the Soca Warriors which participated in Germany in newly appointed captain Theobald.

In addition to Theobald, the only players with some senior team experienced but cannot be labelled as senior team regulars are strikers Scott Sealy and Gary Glasgow, goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, midfielders Leslie “Tiger” Fiztpatrick, Kerwyn ‘Hardest” Jemmott, Nigel Daniel and defender Dwayne Jack.

Today’s match will also be the first time the T&T team will be participating in a tournament since their involvement at the World Cup Finals in Germany.

During that time, the locals have played four international friendly matches, losing away 2-0 and 4-1 to Japan and Austria respectively while beating St Vincent and the Grenadines (5-0) and Panama (2-1) at home in mid-November.

While the T&T team will be without its top European-based players, coach Rijsbergen said he was still confident that his players would be able to put on a good showing as this was an ideal chance for them to prove their worth.

The Bajans meanwhile boast four English-based players in their line-up and are unbeaten in their last six international matches, all Digicel Cup qualifiers.

Led by top scorer Paul Ifill, who was signed by English Championship Division club Crystal Palace from Premiership side Sheffield United earlier this week, the Bajans had wins over Antigua & Barbuda (3-1), Anguilla (7-1), Bahamas (2-1) and St Vincent and The Grenadines (3-0). They also drew 1-1 with Bermuda and St Kitts/Nevis respectively.

Despite their recent good record which has seen them climb up the CFU and Fifa rankings, as oppose to T&T, the Bajans will be mindful that their record against T&T is not one they can boast about.

T&T has a stellar record against Barbados who have won just three of 26 matches between the teams since 1973. T&T has won 16 times with the other seven matches ending in draws.

The last of those wins for T&T was a 3-2 triumph in Bridgetown during the round-robin finals of the Digicel Cup last year.

That win also guaranteed T&T the third and final spot behind Jamaica and Cuba at last year’s Concacaf Gold Cup.

But this time, the Jamaicans failed to reach the final paving the way for a new champion to be crowned and with the top four teams gaining qualification to the Gold Cup later this win, a win for either team will go a long way to getting their campaign off on the right track.

The second match at 8.30 pm, will feature two of the three French-speaking teams in the tournament, Martinique against Haiti.

The Bobby Sookram Group, to be played at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella comprises Cuba, Guyana, St Vincent and The Grenadines and Guadeloupe.

The winning team will walk away with US $120,000 while second gets US $70,000; third —US $50,000 and fourth—US $30,000.

T&T squadJan-Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers), Seon Power, Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Osei Telesford, Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa), Dwayne Jack, Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United), Densill Theobald, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Kerwyn Jemmot (Superstar Rangers), Joel Bailey (Monreal Impact), Leslie Fitzpatrick (unattached), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards).

Stand-by: Anonth Noreiga Christian Baptiste (Defence Force), Nigel Daniel (San Juan Jabloteh), Kerry Baptiste (San Juan Jabloteh).

Barbados squad: Alvin Rouse, Morrison Taylor (goalkeepers); John Parris, Dwight James, Renaldo Fenty, Bryan Neblett, Jonathan Straker, Ramuel Miller (defenders), Gregory Goodridge (utility), Romelle Burgess, Norman Forde, John Hawkesworth, Jeffrey Williams, Louis Soares (midfielders), Ryan Lucas, Neil Harvey, Paul Ifill, Mark Mc Cammon (strikers).

??? ??? ??? ???

explain

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados game.
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2007, 04:37:14 AM »
Small Magician  - Doh believe everything you read in the Guardian, they write like the Punch....  :rotfl:
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2007, 04:40:06 AM »
Small Magician  - Doh believe everything you read in the Guardian, they write like the Punch....  :rotfl:

i hope so

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2007, 05:03:07 AM »
I can't get the stream today. I have problem with my cable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2007, 05:23:34 AM »
Barbados fielding ah "weak" side.....dat good....

Theobald is REALLY de captain.....DAT BAD....sstteeuuppsss...oh well.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Possible starting line-up
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2007, 09:03:40 AM »
                 Williams

Power     Telesford/Hislop Jack  Daniel

Baptiste  Hardest Bleeder Tiger

Sealy Glasgow
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »
dais ok man ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2007, 09:08:28 AM »
THanks for trying................  :'(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2007, 09:31:36 AM »

Next time pay your cable bill.  ;D
But thanks for trying.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
as long as tinto get a run out i go be happy

big up to d whole a malick being on d side
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is the game on FSC today
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »
I check the Tv guide and there is no listing

but some men on this site was talking that the games was coming live

someone please confirm

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is the game on FSC today
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2007, 10:24:22 AM »
it looks like it is not available in Canada.  I checked the schedule as well on the digital box.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:43 AM »
it looks like it is not available in Canada.  I checked the schedule as well on the digital box.

:'( :'( :'( :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »
I check the Tv guide and there is no listing

but some men on this site was talking that the games was coming live

someone please confirm

No

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2007, 11:19:47 AM »
So what are we doing then ? any alternatives ...what about the point-alive site ,didn't we contact them last year and they showed it . Then E-man streamed it for us ? Can't we do that again ?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2007, 11:26:19 AM »
I am just posting this to all the Trinibagos who are in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

You can see all the matches live starting tonight at 6:00pm on Cornwall Communications cable channel 85. The Digicel Cup final round will not be shown on FOX SOCCER CHANNEL

As a football lover I will be watching all the matches even though my REGGAE BOYZ are not in the competition. But we will be back for the Digicel Cup starting sometime in late 2007.  ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »
Just come to Mobay, Jamaica and you can watch all the matches live.  ;D ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »
all dem trinbagonians in Mona go come over by you eh ;D ;D ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »
all dem trinbagonians in Mona go come over by you eh ;D ;D ;D ;D
Good! Just tell them to switch to channel 85 at 6:00pm.
jjbrown

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2007, 11:44:23 AM »
Who for uncovered stands? This rain like it go jumbie meh scene. $20 to go uncovered, can't go wrong.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2007, 11:49:51 AM »

The only way to see these games live is from a non-T&T broadcast.
Sky and Fox look like highlight shows...or at least delayed broadcasts.

DirectTV show any caribbean stations in T&T?

Maybe Bajans abroad have some way of picking up broadcasts for cricket etc.

Toussaint...anything?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2007, 11:56:18 AM »

The only way to see these games live is from a non-T&T broadcast.
Sky and Fox look like highlight shows...or at least delayed broadcasts.

DirectTV show any caribbean stations in T&T?

Maybe Bajans abroad have some way of picking up broadcasts for cricket etc.

Toussaint...anything?

dish network have a station called carib vision from b'dos, i does watch all the carib regional games from this station but my satellite down, waiting to get it fix today >:(

Offline Dutchfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »
aw too bad i was hoping to be able to watch the game...

but in what gmt timezone is trinidad, then i can maybe check the forums for scores around the time.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »
I just heard that you can watch it if you have direct tv. I only caught piece of the conversation, I'll ask for details when they done.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2007, 12:10:42 PM »
Good luck to the New Wave Soca Warriors. Look out for the Scott Shott  :o
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

TrinInfinite

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
bleeder-captain

williams

powers  jack   telesford  daniel

baptiste  bleeder  hardest  tiger

sealy       glasgow

God is de BOSS.....

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
Giving away tickets on 94.1 now.

mms://RhythmCity.gnxnetwork.com/RhythmCity

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
Could somebody give some insight into Powers? I know nothing about him. age, size, height, athletism, speed, current fitness, ball skills, composure, record, previous portfolios, high school, yellow card vulnerabilities, tactical awareness, confidence, heading, crossing, even scoring. Any player that he is similar to?

While yuh at it, could you do the same for Telesford as he seems to be getting rave reviews
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »
Could somebody give some insight into Powers? I know nothing about him. age, size, height, athletism, speed, current fitness, ball skills, composure, record, previous portfolios, high school, yellow card vulnerabilities, tactical awareness, confidence, heading, crossing, even scoring. Any player that he is similar to?

While yuh at it, could you do the same for Telesford as he seems to be getting rave reviews

teles is a worker, decent on the ball, from de states now, powers plays for joe public, not to tall, but i heard he has speed and is decent, other than that u have tuh ask de others about these 2 players

1]; } ?>