April 27, 2024, 09:11:14 AM

Author Topic: De Player in dat #18 juzzy  (Read 5774 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
De Player in dat #18 juzzy
« on: January 14, 2007, 07:29:50 AM »
People dis is not intended to be a pound Theobald thread.  I don't know the boy.  All I know is what I've seen of him for TnT and it not encouraging.

Ah geniuely curious as to how a player like Theobald could be in de team so long, went to the World Cup and now be appointed Captain, when he is obviously does not bring any thing special or outstanding to the game or team.

So ah on a fact finding mission...

Please someone tell me

When did he first start playing ball (e.g. from school days who did he play for)?
Under which coach de he earn his first International cap?
Over the years has he improved from when he first started playing ball or has he always been mediocre?
What position does he best play in?
What are his strengths?
What are his weaknesses?
How old is he?
Which clubs has he played for?
If not he for Captain then who? And why?...(I know forumites have nominated Hardest and stated why already, but is there anyone else).
Include any other fact y'all might know.

Ah really not out to pound de boy.  Ah just wondering if there was anything in his past that coaches have seen or known to keep him around.  Dats all........ah just curious.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De Player in dat #18 juzzy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:49:58 AM »
How could he have played so bad as people say .. he played in the world cup
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »

Easy ....he feel he is a star now and he reach. trying to emulate Yorke but without the skill. Man have to try and play his own game ....whatever that is.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 08:07:33 AM »

Easy ....he feel he is a star now and he reach. trying to emulate Yorke but without the skill. Man have to try and play his own game ....whatever that is.

:beermug:

agreed

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 08:17:28 AM »
Theobald had a game vs dominican republic when tt won four nil and he scored a nice volley from a cross and ever since then they have been pushing him as one for the future......huge mistake horrific

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 09:00:29 AM »
Theobald from what i heard...impressed a man i know personally when they went to training under porterfield i believe....when several players with trini links were invited. Gaining that man's respect is no easy feat. He has some passing ability from the little of his brilliance i have seen....and fairly capable in defense. That being said...he underachieving. It not my place to pass judgment on the man and say he feel he reach....but all indications seem to point to that. If he improves and achieves what many believe he can do......he should do well. Getting so many coaches nod in succession shows at least that some ability is there.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 11:25:04 AM »

I am going to assume that you are being scarstic, and as such rephrase what I think you are really trying to say.

"he played in the world cup!!! How could he have played so bad?"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 11:38:36 AM »
Yuh know something, now i not advocating for Theobald in any capacity, i find he could have done better in the match as well. More importantly i would like to know what his role was and instructions given to him by the coach. I watch Denzil and i see someone who can obviously pass the ball, watching him play the role he is attempting which looked like a deep lying holding midfielder something like a David Nahkid, where pass efficiency is paramount and keeping possesion. Plenty posters and comments crying about a lack of special skill and ability but sometimes you need a player who more stable than special. I not saying that the man game is anywhere near what is required for that role in itself but just think about it for a moment i was looking for more incisive play from Jemmott more than Theobald, the problem in most cases is that hardest and bleedeer ended up switching roles which didnt suit them both.These days i looking for more solid then spectakluar play. Another thing is that both central midfielders not very good defensively which puts the back 4 under pressure, and of course d fitness, ask yourself why does Birchall seem more effective in that position, he definitely not as good a passer as Bleeder, work rate is paramount in that postion, the midfield is where the game is won and LOST.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »
I must say that the first few times I saw him play, including against the US, I was impressed. He showed determination which is a quality lacking in most of our players. I thought that if he kept on this track he would definitely be one for the future. Obviously, I'm  not the only one to think so as Latas himself recruited him to join Falkirk.

I don't know if he has reached his plateau but I also wasn't happy about his performance in Germany. Maybe it's all in his head???

Whatever it is he needs to find it quick because he is not improving at an acceptable rate. Some would even say that he's regressing.

Brings to mind the article about Colin Samuel. It is not only about capability but also about consistency. I think that this is the downfall of amny of our best players.
TnT Patriot

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 03:56:55 PM »
Somebody fool the boy and tell him he is a good player. I think is the Don
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 04:13:25 PM »
Somebody fool the boy and tell him he is a good player. I think is the Don

:rotfl:

To be fair, I am one of Theo's biggest critics, but I believe he has one redeeming characteristic which makes him a mainstay on any TNT team, but virtually no where else. He usually  does the SIMPLE things right. Extremely simple. He will never be anything other than a mediocre player, but he is rarely ever a BAD player.

As far as Beenhakker goes, I think he basically fit in perfectly with the low expectations that the DON had of us, (I'm not saying he was wrong) as manifested by the tactics that he chose us to play...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 04:13:48 PM »

I am going to assume that you are being scarstic, and as such rephrase what I think you are really trying to say.

"he played in the world cup!!! How could he have played so bad?"

:rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 04:15:24 PM »
Theobald seems like the type of player who plays within himself. some players are so busy trying to not look bad that they never quite look good.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 09:50:48 PM »
Yuh know something, now i not advocating for Theobald in any capacity, i find he could have done better in the match as well. More importantly i would like to know what his role was and instructions given to him by the coach. I watch Denzil and i see someone who can obviously pass the ball, watching him play the role he is attempting which looked like a deep lying holding midfielder something like a David Nahkid, where pass efficiency is paramount and keeping possesion. Plenty posters and comments crying about a lack of special skill and ability but sometimes you need a player who more stable than special. I not saying that the man game is anywhere near what is required for that role in itself but just think about it for a moment i was looking for more incisive play from Jemmott more than Theobald, the problem in most cases is that hardest and bleedeer ended up switching roles which didnt suit them both.These days i looking for more solid then spectakluar play. Another thing is that both central midfielders not very good defensively which puts the back 4 under pressure, and of course d fitness, ask yourself why does Birchall seem more effective in that position, he definitely not as good a passer as Bleeder, work rate is paramount in that postion, the midfield is where the game is won and LOST.

Birchall is a much better passer than Bleeder...for short-distance accuracy they are more or less even, but Birchall has the edge on creativity and 'thinking' passes. Birchall will set plays, send aerial or long balls or give through passes...Bleeder does simply seem to short pass the ball to the next man and say well he do his part.

I doh think Denzil suited to be a creative midfielder. He could maybe be groomed into a more defensive role but he has a lot of work to do for that as well.....starting with stopping the star boy attitude and actually start realizing that football is a thinking man's game.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:34:00 AM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 12:10:44 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

first of all.......bleeder is NOT an excellent passer of the ball....it may seem like that.as most of his passes are without pressure, backward, or in his own half of the field where their is littie or no pressure..........

as soon as pressure is put on him in possession......he does "pop" dong.....(look back at all 3 world cup games)

he does do the simple things right........dats being basic.......im sure their are 20 midfielders other than him in TnT dat can be basic.......

he is WEAK on the ball......and in general.........does get beat too easily in the midfield.....

oh yea...and how many times have u seen bleeder make a 50-60 yard pass to someone..???

i have respect for him as a fellow baller tho......but hmmmmmm

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 12:32:37 AM »
good point midnight. low expectations is de basis most times for low performance. theobald play more than latapy in a world cup? yuh mad, holl beenhaker so and so. de man could barely defend better than latapy and cyah carry latas boots on offense. let mih stop
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:58 PM »
Theobald doing a Rahim...he went to Falkirk and has been going backward since. When Theobald came on against the USA back in the first game in the hex...when Rougier, Angus Eve and Tiger were regulars still...he came on and turned the game. He brought energy to the midfiled and was spraying the ball around the park. He looked like a genuine gem looking to break loose given the opportunity.

Now, i have not seen that creativity since, neither do we see the defence splitting passes or even the running. He does nothing going forward, cannot tackle and doesn;t have the strength to hustle anybody off the ball. It looks like he is modelling his game on Dwight...but to be honest, Dwight's greatest contribution at the World Cup was that he commanded respect from opponents and he was ready to scrap. Densil provides neither option and thus he is a waste of time, right now.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
For some reason when I look at Theobold I think of Ian Bradshaw...

Which then leads me to think that deep down inside I must be an idiot...

Becuase besides the fact that they both look frail and like they are more likely to be found working behind a bank counter... they have little incommon.

Theobold is clearly not nearly as intelligent or as consistently a worker and is also a lot less effective than Bradshaw for the West Indies... He seems to have some natural talent but lacks that all important "umph" that we all jabber on about.

Bleeder for me is not nearly a complete player... he needs plenty more time to grow... cuz right now... he eh cuttin it by any stretch of the imagination.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »

I don't think yuh need to look so deep atall

sorry couldn't resist  :beermug:

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »
 Theobold plays not to make mistakes, its like this he doesn’t want people to say boy this man make a bad pass so he just play it simple he need to be more creative that’s why he was getting bench for Falkirk I was never impressed by his performances  the reason he will always get pick on the team is he follows the coaches instructions to a Tee what ever the coach wants him to do in practice he would do it no question ask 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »

I don't think yuh need to look so deep atall

sorry couldn't resist  :beermug:

haha indeed... glad to see you posting again atleast.  :beermug:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »
Boy, If I were Denzil reading these comments I would get a seeeeeeroius complex.
I tell yuh, trini humor and criticism eh easy! I find alot of the points are partially true but dangerously 1/2-true.

I saw the game on SW.net video, thanks to video by e-man and watched the players carefully without the emotional distraction of a live game. I feel we have to be careful about coming to a conclusion about a player's capacity, flair, simplicity, instincts, attacking potential, defensive potential and role. These characteristics are sometimes heavily infuenced by a role that is asked of him as coach. Dwight could be a totally different player depending on whether he is pushing back or pushing forward even at his age now. Remember too, Theobald is just coming off an ankle injury and I doubt that he could have 90 mins of purehustle in him. (I do admit that he has a non-hustle style like Yorke but I don't think it is a put-on gallery ting though) He was groomed more to be an attacking midfielder, letting Whitley and Birchall  do the "less glamorous work" behind. De same trap dere for Whitley. He is now de unsung hero when he was groomed to be more attacking and everybody saying he underachieved at the World Cup. The role. The role that has been asked of you.

Wim is continuing in the Beenie mould of apparently trying to stress possession and using Denzil in the Jamerson, Yorke (post-2005 variety) role of trying to gently and responsibly (boring to most of us spectators) shepherd the ball (remember he is Mr. Responsible captain now) out from an ultra-green, untested and presumably naive school-boy defense. Alot of simple neat low-risk sideways change-de-play kinda ball and also asked to resist overdoing it up high in de midfield leaving the back exposed for the counterattack. He definitely calmed the nerves in the back and it is something that we are probably taking for granted. You have to have good technique to do that and he has good technique and is very orthodox. No question. As the defense gets more secure they will give him less protective responsibilty. Maybe he is doing it to himself and not Wim. Yuh nener know. Kingman, wha's de files on dat?

The defense actually looked like they had composure and not like li'l school boys as some of us expected. The defenders themselves take credit for that but they also look good because the transition from defense looks smooth, very smooth. Theobald does't have to play there. As a matter of fact he is not so inclined but he was obviously asked to do that non-glamoroys work. Possibly with a sore ankle he was going easy on tackles (for his knee's sake and to prevent captain yellow cards) as I have seen him taclke more aggressively in previous WC qualifier games.

All 'n all, I think Denzil did fairly well. As I said before the game, I expect Denzil to be pushed back and Jemmot forced to do what Denzil was normally to do (attacking mid with defense splitting passes) but Jemmott himself was not that fit and not surprisingly, was taken off later in the 2nd half. All this talk about regressing and stagnation and starboy syndrome and trying to hard to be like Yorkie is a lot of hogwash and I am glad I can judge for myself after seeing the game. Good talk and jokes for a rum-shop lime but it isn't really true because he had to suppress his flair to fit a role and now he is getting judged as an underachiever. In that sense, tha's why why I said the coments are dangerously 1/2 true. Conviction over 1/2 truth is a dangerous ting. ;D
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »

Boy, If I were Denzil reading these comments I would get a seeeeeeroius complex.
I tell yuh, trini humor and criticism eh easy! I find alot of the points are partially true but dangerously 1/2-true.

I saw the game on SW.net video, thanks to video by e-man and watched the players carefully without the emotional distraction of a live game. I feel we have to be careful about coming to a conclusion about a player's capacity, flair, simplicity, instincts, attacking potential, defensive potential and role. These characteristics are sometimes heavily infuenced by a role that is asked of him as coach. Dwight could be a totally different player depending on whether he is pushing back or pushing forward even at his age now. Remember too, Theobald is just coming off an ankle injury and I doubt that he could have 90 mins of purehustle in him. (I do admit that he has a non-hustle style like Yorke but I don't think it is a put-on gallery ting though) He was groomed more to be an attacking midfielder, letting Whitley and Birchall  do the "less glamorous work" behind. De same trap dere for Whitley. He is now de unsung hero when he was groomed to be more attacking and everybody saying he underachieved at the World Cup. The role. The role that has been asked of you.

Wim is continuing in the Beenie mould of apparently trying to stress possession and using Denzil in the Jamerson, Yorke (post-2005 variety) role of trying to gently and responsibly (boring to most of us spectators) shepherd the ball (remember he is Mr. Responsible captain now) out from an ultra-green, untested and presumably naive school-boy defense. Alot of simple neat low-risk sideways change-de-play kinda ball and also asked to resist overdoing it up high in de midfield leaving the back exposed for the counterattack. He definitely calmed the nerves in the back and it is something that we are probably taking for granted. You have to have good technique to do that and he has good technique and is very orthodox. No question. As the defense gets more secure they will give him less protective responsibilty. Maybe he is doing it to himself and not Wim. Yuh nener know. Kingman, wha's de files on dat?

The defense actually looked like they had composure and not like li'l school boys as some of us expected. The defenders themselves take credit for that but they also look good because the transition from defense looks smooth, very smooth. Theobald does't have to play there. As a matter of fact he is not so inclined but he was obviously asked to do that non-glamoroys work. Possibly with a sore ankle he was going easy on tackles (for his knee's sake and to prevent captain yellow cards) as I have seen him taclke more aggressively in previous WC qualifier games.

All 'n all, I think Denzil did fairly well. As I said before the game, I expect Denzil to be pushed back and Jemmot forced to do what Denzil was normally to do (attacking mid with defense splitting passes) but Jemmott himself was not that fit and not surprisingly, was taken off later in the 2nd half. All this talk about regressing and stagnation and starboy syndrome and trying to hard to be like Yorkie is a lot of hogwash and I am glad I can judge for myself after seeing the game. Good talk and jokes for a rum-shop lime but it isn't really true because he had to suppress his flair to fit a role and now he is getting judged as an underachiever. In that sense, tha's why why I said the coments are dangerously 1/2 true. Conviction over 1/2 truth is a dangerous ting. ;D

:applause:

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 04:20:25 PM »

I saw the game on SW.net video, thanks to video by e-man and watched the players carefully without the emotional distraction of a live game. I feel we have to be careful about coming to a conclusion about a player's capacity, flair, simplicity, instincts, attacking potential, defensive potential and role. These characteristics are sometimes heavily infuenced by a role that is asked of him as coach. Dwight could be a totally different player depending on whether he is pushing back or pushing forward even at his age now. Remember too, Theobald is just coming off an ankle injury and I doubt that he could have 90 mins of purehustle in him. (I do admit that he has a non-hustle style like Yorke but I don't think it is a put-on gallery ting though) He was groomed more to be an attacking midfielder, letting Whitley and Birchall  do the "less glamorous work" behind. De same trap dere for Whitley. He is now de unsung hero when he was groomed to be more attacking and everybody saying he underachieved at the World Cup. The role. The role that has been asked of you.

[/quote

:applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:25:35 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 08:06:47 PM »
Eh heh! So how de man in de number 18 juzzy was tonight? Go wrriors1
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 08:08:44 PM »

Dread..  de man finally acheived his dream

he looked like and played like Dwight..   de man realll get on  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:06 PM »

he looked like and played like Dwight..   de man realll get on  :beermug: :beermug:
we hear he and Hardest keep getting blowed past lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:53 PM »

at all...  hardest had a below par game.. but Bleeder    rell surprise me.. 

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »

Smalls..yuh sure was cause Bleeder hardly had the ball near him? lol
anyway i really hope dat fella step up
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 08:14:59 PM »

Smalls..yuh sure was cause Bleeder hardly had the ball near him? lol
anyway i really hope dat fella step up

just listen nah..  wen Touches and his big report come out lol   and ne body else report  yuh sure to hear dat de skipper#18 play good  rell good

1]; } ?>