April 27, 2024, 04:45:45 AM

Author Topic: Wim  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Da white man

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Wim
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:53:13 AM »
Just seen the score v barbados!!?? What is up wid de soca warriors?

How is wim doing over there?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:05:23 AM by Flex »

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
Re: wim
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:54:48 AM »
need to "gel" as a team it seems and most of all communicate
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »
Boy, I have a relative from St. Vincent giving me talks bout TnT, and how there is soooo much talent in the other islands, and why we don't field a united team like with cricket.

Steupssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

I tell him flat, the only time any other caribbean team can beat us is when we playing a local squad. Anytime the foreign based fly in for a game, we winning.

This is a local team. Do not be misled by the results. The WC Soca Warriors will NEVER draw with de Bajans!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:03:27 AM »
Given the team he's playing with Wim is trying, but he's making silly excuses like the team isn't fit when he had over a month to prepare them, why didn't he play a few friendly games before the Digicel Cup is beyond me, now he's making silly excuses...

The team is relatively new and young and needs a few games together to get things going, now we face elimination because we fail to prepare. We are not using any of our foreign pro players and Wim will have his job cut out for him, lets see what he's made off now.

I also felt many decent players were over-looked because of our assistant coach Anton Corneal, Wim needs a better guider or else he could end up on the wrong side of the stick.

This is a C Team in my books and we still have all to play for, one game, one tie. Good luck to the team today though.

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 08:05:14 AM »
i agree with yuh Redz, but we must develop the local talent because that's the future, we can't rely on foreign based players all the time. if one of them go down in a game, it's a local boy that will have to step in so everyone needs to have a A game across de board
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Wim
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 08:07:53 AM »
all ya have to realise that OurManJack controls the TTFF purse strings, so if he say "NO FRIENDLIES, as it cutting into my profits" allya ent gettin any.............................simple
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:13:33 AM »
Yeah, but this, our first serious campaign since the WC, we should have been fielding a much stronger team. If that means foreign based, so be it. We need to build on the reputation gained from going to the WC. It will do us no good to get the attention and admiration (finally), then go and crash out a lil competition like this, getting licks from ah set ah jokey side.

Ah mean, de bajans?! Wha de hell?! You trying to tell me we couldn't get 23 good players, local, US based, to put on a good display in this cup? Wim playing de ass! And Anton Corneal better doh finish mash up whatever progress we made going to the WC playing he on some personal vendetta and bad mind scene.

How de hell we could be facing elimination? De ONLY country dat supposed to give us any stress is Jamaica. Period. Doh care what nobody say.

TTFF, Wim, Anton...allyuh coulda do better than dat! >:(
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
can't argue with dat.........good point!! but unless someone in the organization realize this, it does us no good.......sad.....when will TnT football change?

Offline Da white man

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 11:01:30 AM »
What the hell is redtrini talking bout. You are talking trash girl!! I understand that you fielded a weak (i.e. non foreign based side) but you shouldn't have to recall the big guns to beat the Bajuns!! Hell my auntie nelly could score against them and she's been in a wheelchair for the last 18 years.

Wim didn't make a mistake by not recalling foreign based players BUT your local based players should be able to beat these boys. Who played? Is there any future for T&T football because based on that result you may as well dig a palm tree out of yer garden plant it in the six yard line and put a number 9 shirt on it!

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »
Boy, I have a relative from St. Vincent giving me talks bout TnT, and how there is soooo much talent in the other islands, and why we don't field a united team like with cricket.

Steupssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

I tell him flat, the only time any other caribbean team can beat us is when we playing a local squad. Anytime the foreign based fly in for a game, we winning.

This is a local team. Do not be misled by the results. The WC Soca Warriors will NEVER draw with de Bajans!

That is Why yuh does see "local based/foriegn based" nest tuh team names in FIFA rankings :rotfl:

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 11:38:27 AM »
Everybody really blamin Wim and you might be right to, too some extent but how come nobody blaming Gary Glasgow?  The throw away about four clear cut chances.  The team created the chances but they just did not take them.  If they did take their chances there would not be any of this kind of talk right.

Offline Da white man

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 11:43:11 AM »
jersey trini the voice of reason. Wim ain't harry potter and the sooner trini's realise they ain't in middle earth the better. He can't put lipstick on a pig and pretend it's his wife!! At the same time he must pick a team good enough to beat these bajuns. They be laughin all the way back to the coral reef and trini's deserve more.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 11:50:46 AM »
is Glasgow the #12? well from where I sat he just looked like he was lacking in self confidence to take his chances. many passes were not meant to be, and he was not taking the shots...then when he finally shot the ball he missed...
whoever #6 was really did a good job in moving and trying in the goal area. Than guy was all over making the effort for his teammates...

1]; } ?>