April 25, 2024, 01:43:52 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Feeling Good About Promotion  (Read 2390 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Carlos Feeling Good About Promotion
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »
Carlos Feeling Good
By: Nick Alexander (SAFC.com)

Carlos Edwards says he has a "good feeling" about Sunderland's promotion chances.
Edwards made his first start for the club in Saturday's 1-0 win over Ipswich at the Stadium of Light.
The victory moved Roy Keane's men to within one point of the top six with a game against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough to follow.
Edwards, who signed in a GBP1.5m deal from Luton two weeks ago, said: "I think we have what it takes to go up, I have a good feeling about it.
"Whether it is in the top two or vial the play-offs, I don't know, but everything is set up for us to finish the season well.
"The foundations are good at the club - we have a good manager, good players and top fans, everything is in place to mount a promotion charge."
Sunderland remain 10 points adrift of the second automatic promotion place, currently held by Derby County, with 18 games left.
Speedy winger Edwards added: "Who knows if we can finish in the top two but we will give it our best shot."
Edwards, a Trinidad and Tobago international, already feels at home at the Stadium of Light.
He said: "From the first day everyone has welcomed me and made me feel at home, I'm glad to be here. It's
overwhelming to play for a club like Sunderland and a manager like Roy Keane."

* The first part of Carlos Edwards' exclusive Q & A with fans will be on SAFC World tomorrow.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Feeling Good About Promotion
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 03:31:23 PM »
I am really impressed with Sunderland's movement up the ladder to 9th spot and 18 games to play still, Yorke and Carlos must have added some firepower to the BLACK CATS. Coventry on the other hand drop like a big stone, what going on?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:59:54 PM »
I am really impressed with Sunderland's movement up the ladder to 9th spot and 18 games to play still, Yorke and Carlos must have added some firepower to the BLACK CATS. Coventry on the other hand drop like a big stone, what going on?

Sunderland is doing well but Coventry dropping bad. Micky Adams should leave. Just today they lose 2-0 at home to Bristol and yes, Birchall was benched again. That is real hard luck for him.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:03:20 PM »
Birchall go have to fight hard for hs pick as he not playing
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 04:58:40 AM »
They said on the news last night (UK) that Coventry looking to drop Adams, after the recent dismal performances. I hope so, cause he holding back Birchall career, and spoiling what should be the last good years for John too.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once
gives Love.

[

1]; } ?>