April 25, 2024, 01:23:47 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors building rhythm-- Rijsbergen  (Read 5257 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors building rhythm-- Rijsbergen
« on: January 16, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »
Soca Warriors building rhythm - Rijsbergen       
Tuesday, 16 January 2007 
By Randy Bando...

Trinidad and Tobago national head Coach Wim Rijsbergen believes a rhythm is building between the current crop of players and admitted the double session on Sunday contributed a lot to their 5-1 trashing of Martinique in their second Digicel Caribbean Cup match on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Trinidad and Tobago only managed a 1-1 draw against Barbados in the opening encounter in the Sedley Joseph Group match in what was described as a poor showing by the 2006 World Cup nation.

Now after their impressive win against Martinique which produced the biggest scoring match of the tournament so far, Rijsbergen told reporters, “It was a good win for the guys, especially after the results we had in the first match. We trained twice on Sunday to build a rhythm in the team and I believe it worked.”

“Overall we had a good game, but there are some things we still have to work on, I think we are still giving the ball away too easily,” complained the Dutchman.

But he was quick to praise team captain and the only World Cup player on his team, Denzil Theobald, “Denzil was a great leader on the night, he really held the team together and had a better individual performance than the first match. I saw a really good performance by the entire team. I am also happy for young Darryl Roberts who scored his first international goal,” said Rijsbergen.

Rijsbergen only made one change from the starting lineup he used against the Bajans, replacing Scott Sealy with young Darryl Roberts.

He did not mince his words regarding the reason for the change, “I wasn’t satisfied with the performance of Scott Sealy in the first match and this is why Roberts started,” said the winning coach.

Rijsbergen also admitted he was still in scouting mode although he is focusing on winning matches.

“We look forward to winning every game although we are still looking for new guys. Some new guys would get the chance to play in the upcoming match against Haiti. These guys try very hard to get on the starting team and they could get a chance on Wednesday. I believe the chance is there for them,” ended the “Soca Warriors’ coach who also admitted he is not too worried about the Haitian team who they will play in their final Sedley Joseph Group match on Wednesday.

Trinidad and Tobago now sit second on the Sedley Joseph Group with four points, two behind Haiti, while Barbados are in third with one point and Martinique bottom without a point.

The top two teams would advance to the semifinals with the top two teams from the Bobby Sookram Group.

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors building rhythm-- Rijsbergen
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:07:15 PM »
I have a feeling Kwame will start for Hardest
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 12:10:07 PM »

and do what, kwame dont have de vision that hardest have for passing... allyuh men jokey oui..

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:23:07 PM »

and do what, kwame dont have de vision that hardest have for passing... allyuh men jokey oui..

vision  ??? what vision  ??? stevie wonder have more vision dan he......you good yes  :o
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:25:24 PM »

hoss, I jokey bcuz i have MY OPINION. Its time to get of d man dick dread............Ok so he's yuh bredren and yuh want to see the man excel but reports stated that he not mashing up the cup. Scott went CIC and I wanted him to get the golden boot but maybe it was in the best interest of the team that he be benched. I used to play ball with Kwame and I know what he's capable of.

Anytime somebody say something about hardest and they aint riding his dick, iz like u vex........u sounding very childish. I didnt see the game but every report said he aint stepping up. I never call the man a shithound or nothing but when new blood get a chance to play, they play hungry.

If its one thing, yuh never cease to amaze me with your foolishness........I wonder what is your age, maybe thats the reason.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 12:30:46 PM »

last 90 mins  :devil: :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »

last 90 mins :devil: :beermug:

lol  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »

hoss, I jokey bcuz i have MY OPINION. Its time to get of d man dick dread............Ok so he's yuh bredren and yuh want to see the man excel but reports stated that he not mashing up the cup. Scott went CIC and I wanted him to get the golden boot but maybe it was in the best interest of the team that he be benched. I used to play ball with Kwame and I know what he's capable of.

Anytime somebody say something about hardest and they aint riding his dick, iz like u vex........u sounding very childish. I didnt see the game but every report said he aint stepping up. I never call the man a shithound or nothing but when new blood get a chance to play, they play hungry.

If its one thing, yuh never cease to amaze me with your foolishness........I wonder what is your age, maybe thats the reason.

Hear nah, is EVERY thread dat man respond to, is bout Hardest yuh know.

As sickening as it gets here, online, in de forum, could you imagine if yuh was in his company, like sitting right next to him with dat foolishness???

Make yuh want to find a tub and slit yuh own wrist.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 01:29:27 PM »
I say give Tinto a right in right center... start he for Hardest.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »

last 90 mins  :devil: :beermug:

and actually run

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »

TI what Hardest do to you.  Ah stalking this board for weeks, and sometimes I does wonder if yuh care about the Soca Warriors or just bout Hardest.  Have you seen muich of Kwame to make that judgment? 

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 07:07:19 PM »

vision  ??? what vision  ??? stevie wonder have more vision dan he......you good yes  :o

We at de Enterprise don't know "Hardest" as TI know de bredda. Yow, listen meh, ah know we free tuh voice our opinion on any player, but some ah all yuh real annoying now man. Why all yuh fighting down de bredda (Hardest) so much? People is all good for us tuh give our opinion on ah player, talk about his strength and weakness in de game, but lawd, gawd man, all yuh really over doing it now. Remember all de ride all yuh riding de man back, at de end of de day he is representing our country. I'm saying our country, cuz ah believe all ah de critics from T&T. If "Hardest" does check out de forum, imagine de world ah good it would be in assisting him in his come back, when he read a post like dis one. Dis is nothing personal wid you futbolfan, ah just using your post at dis time as my example, cuz trust meh it have plenty more people here, doing dis everyday, like it is ah joke now. Before any one ah all respond tuh meh wid any sh**, read meh post and understand before doing so. Notice ah said it is ok tuh comment on any player, but de everyday fight down is what ah find getting out ah hand. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »
Jemmott is back in the mix wearing my national shirt. He will have my support as long as he putting d effort
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »

We at de Enterprise don't know "Hardest" as TI know de bredda. Yow, listen meh, ah know we free tuh voice our opinion on any player, but some ah all yuh real annoying now man. Why all yuh fighting down de bredda (Hardest) so much? People is all good for us tuh give our opinion on ah player, talk about his strength and weakness in de game, but lawd, gawd man, all yuh really over doing it now. Remember all de ride all yuh riding de man back, at de end of de day he is representing our country. I'm saying our country, cuz ah believe all ah de critics from T&T. If "Hardest" does check out de forum, imagine de world ah good it would be in assisting him in his come back, when he read a post like dis one. Dis is nothing personal wid you futbolfan, ah just using your post at dis time as my example, cuz trust meh it have plenty more people here, doing dis everyday, like it is ah joke now. Before any one ah all respond tuh meh wid any sh**, read meh post and understand before doing so. Notice ah said it is ok tuh comment on any player, but de everyday fight down is what ah find getting out ah hand. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Supa i understand wha yuh saying.... i feel de same way. I however know and realise.....dat people getting fed up of de TI crusade behind hardest acting as if he's de best ting for football since Pele.....and as immaculate as mary and as infallible as the pope....especially as his record...and performances to date have not quite come any where to comparable of the wonder that has been advertised time and time again by TI. Writing off players he has never seen....effectively implying that they's shit just cause they eh called hardest.....saying hardest is twice as good as latas......and other random follies devoid of logical...unbiased and coherent thinking. When hardest dissapoint....or TI finds some way to mention him especially when it eh really called for...he lookin fuh de insults. I try to avoid taking him up on it because it doh make sense. Hardest has de ability. That isnt to say...that he eh go play shit on occasion. It happens to all players. Just TI wearing people patience thin with this folly. Me eh have time to tell men dat dey dotish and ting on dis site...everybody have dey opinion. However many people refuse to let knowledge of the facts affect their opinion.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »

Supa i understand wha yuh saying.... i feel de same way. I however know and realise.....dat people getting fed up of de TI crusade behind hardest acting as if he's de best ting for football since Pele.....and as immaculate as mary and as infallible as the pope....especially as his record...and performances to date have not quite come any where to comparable of the wonder that has been advertised time and time again by TI. Writing off players he has never seen....effectively implying that they's shit just cause they eh called hardest.....saying hardest is twice as good as latas......and other random follies devoid of logical...unbiased and coherent thinking. When hardest dissapoint....or TI finds some way to mention him especially when it eh really called for...he lookin fuh de insults. I try to avoid taking him up on it because it doh make sense. Hardest has de ability. That isnt to say...that he eh go play shit on occasion. It happens to all players. Just TI wearing people patience thin with this folly. Me eh have time to tell men dat dey dotish and ting on dis site...everybody have dey opinion. However many people refuse to let knowledge of the facts affect their opinion.

Bourbon, ah like how yuh throw out yuh points. Ah do agree, dat TI  is part of de cause for some of de fight down posts and dem, people are continuously responding to him when ever he big up Hardest. However, tuh TI defense, ah can't fault de bredda fuh thinking Hardest is de next Latapy or next best thing after Pele, cuz may be he is very close tuh him, and accepts Hardest like ah brother or may be like ah son, so his behavior is only human. Wid dat said, as adults we still cannot get carried away wid our comments in our posts, cuz like I said before, he is not representing Barbados or Guyana, Hardest is representing Trinidad and Tobago. Respect. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 09:49:19 PM »

same ting i tinkin.
he is a real skilled player, jus hope he hungry fuh it.

“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:38 PM »
TI over promise and Hardest under deliver.

I didn't see the Martinique game becasue I back in the US. I went to the Bimshire game expecting Hardest to stamp his authority on the game like Latas did against Paraguay. That did not happen. TI set up the man for criticism and still doing it.

Objectively speaking I did notice a couple of through ballls by Hardest that showed he have good vision. What disappointed me was his work rate. I am sure we will all agree that Birch is not the greatest passer in the world but he wins back the ball so much that he makes up for the errant passes.  Tiger made some bad pass against Bimshire but I rate him because he fought back for the ball each time he lost it. The name of the team is the Soca Warriors. We expect heart and grit. Dwight is probably the most laid back footballer in the world  but you still doh get a fete match or  pick up sweat impression from the man. Some of the players gave me that impression on Friday. They did not appear to me to be playing like they realize future caps on the line.

It amazing how TI turning all the damn thread bout the team into a Hardest thread. I went to school with Bailey and Fabien Lewis. I rate them highly but you doh see me talking bout them all the time.

Congrats to the team and I wish them the best of luck on Wednesday.

My question is does the rest of the board really think that it was Wim's double sessions that caused the improvement or was it just the taem getting over first game jitters? Did the team look a cut above the martinique side or was it a stroke of luck with the sending off that lead to the blow out?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:03:55 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 10:06:40 PM »
How nobody aint worried about Scott Sealey??? Personally i had he pegged as the next Jerren Nixon. Guess what it didnt work out that way.
There is another "throw back player" other than hardest that i wanted to see excel and that is Marvin Oliver. Just like Dawrika and Jemmot yuh cya find ah man wid more vision and touch like Oliver... but Dawrika, Oliver and I'm afraid Jemmot are raves from the past. That doesn't mean that a "throw back" can't come back!! look at the Cork top Addidas ;D ;D ;D however it is within this light that it should be considered. Life and time is against these fellas. Its like trying to get match fit at 30. That aint no bed of roses. TI, yuh need to generate all that push and pride behind de player and not de board. Dont hold us hostage...  I gave Hardest a 8 next to Latapy and now ah have to deal wid de fact that ah over bid... to my own recourse, I was speaking about the Jemmot i knew... Yes Kerwyn Jemmot and Dawrika and even Oliver had skill to bun and sun and Im sure so does Zidane but let a couple years past without international play and he (Zidane) is on his way to becoming Pele, Maradonna and a host of others that had plenty skill but are no longer in the game except for a tuesday night and sunday morning sweat. Russell Latapy is one of the few players you can find that is a living dinosaur.(T-rex) of course. Dinosaur in his style, age and fitness level but he never left de game. Last of de midfield generals yes but it only ends when he decides because he never stopped training or playing at a high level. As did dwight... F$%ck everybody daughter but never stop training. We wish de best for All throw backs that try to make a comeback but the odds are stacked against them. Hardest would have to be a certain kinda fella to come back into the fold and perform at this level and that dont only take raw or refined skill but more so rut and determination that an older brain dont be trying to expend.

My advice to hardest......
Hardest have to go all out, pull out all de stomps because i am not sure he will get another chance. As it stands i believe he may come on as a sub but within this last ditch effort Hardest have to remember that placing a nice ball is just de beginning... the ball gotta go somewhere and where it goes it may need support. Work on his off de ball game. Movement creates space and options remember. He creatin de space wid dem passes but no support means not utilizing the option.  I would love to see hardest wear de colors and make de Team so would I Dawrika and Oliver but not at the expense of our success. If thats the case pick somebody else because I will be a fan tomorrow if hardest make de team or not and I need somebody to cheer for so De Team must progress.  No hostage business, dem days done with Latas and Yorke and they not coming back.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »
I say give Tinto a right in right center... start he for Hardest.
I was thinking the same thing

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 12:16:55 AM »
Marvin Oliver???

Oh gosh man...yuh eh find we have to listen to enough stories about Hardest from Infinite and now yuh come back again wit dis waste of time player.  Is too much...davidephraim...too much.  Whim take over.  Yuh feel he wasn't part of the process dat eliminated Mr. Oliver?  Is bad enough man calling for Dwarika.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »
Marvin Oliver???

Oh gosh man...yuh eh find we have to listen to enough stories about Hardest from Infinite and now yuh come back again wit dis waste of time player.  Is too much...davidephraim...too much.  Whim take over.  Yuh feel he wasn't part of the process dat eliminated Mr. Oliver?  Is bad enough man calling for Dwarika.

I aint callin for no one breds... ;D ;D ;D That was a long time ago. Ah was on de Nixon bandwagon as well but reality is reality and that is what i was trying to relay. Though obvious in my post, people read and understand at different levels. This explaination was soley for your benefit.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 12:28:10 PM »
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:10:07 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Israel on January 16, 2007, 01:07:15 PM

True that TI.....I  have to say there is no player who I saw play that game against Barbados that have vision. That's the first thing I noticed about Hardest, his level of vision is very good. Some ppl don't understandthat vision and awareness is two different things.

That is our biggest problem, individual decision making and a lack of vision.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>