August 31, 2024, 10:07:34 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Martinique game.  (Read 79253 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Martinique game.
« Reply #390 on: January 15, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »
I'll take a moment to be frivolous here and say if allyuh men in foreign did not see this game you missed the nastiest beat anywhere in the world for 2007.

I'll write a report tommorow but for now I'll just say Tintinho.

Indeed. 'Twas Steenk.

And hardest....well...in my opinion....hardest game was like a metaphor of his national career. Flashes of brilliance...and missing a good bit of the time. He had some very good passes....tried a few shots from outside. Initially...he wasnt too involved in pressuring defensively...but as the game wore on he got in a few tackles...slightly clumsy...not always effective...but he tried. Really.....he needs to work on the fitness...he lumbered up and down the field. Jack need to get back quickly when he ventures forward. Tiger tried...started badly...worked hard.....but made the wrong decision at times. Attempted to get in some crosses...but was fairly competent. Defensively we need some work to erradicate the simple mistakes we seem to keep making.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2007, 09:52:54 PM »
Way to go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!1

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
TnT Patriot

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »
I jes came home and I read through these 14 pages...all yuh had meh rolling....  :rotfl:

Respeck Warriors!

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2007, 10:51:35 PM »
Big up to di Warriors. I said earlier today that Sealy should be dropped for this game and the coach read my mind. No time fi waste. Haiti fi get duss also.

Wim,  tell dem bwoy deh fi focus pon Wednesday game and not get too cocky.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2007, 11:02:41 PM »
It was a good game the WN was out but not out in force like Friday, the south posse was missing.

Tiger played like a pussy cat for most of the game. When he played well like the cross it was textbook.

Hardest need to get fit, Jack plays number 2 and we know why. The fella is a mess.

Good move to not play Sealy. The fella played agin Austria when the MLS was on and he played like he was wearing number 2.

Tinto nice find for the future.

The major disappointment is that the defence is real suspect so Cyd etal eh have nutten to worry about.

All man report for the stadium on Wed it go be sweet. Once B'dos eh beat Martinque we qualify for sure. So leh we insure that they get the support to beat Haiti everytime we play Haiti is payback for 73

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2007, 11:39:44 PM »
well i come home drunk after trekking thru about a foot a snow and de warriors have kept me happy....well done to the team and i want a win against haiti!!!
Back in Trini...

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2007, 11:51:36 PM »
De fish ha to say tings went warrior wat'
Analyisis is dat anton buff de imposter an we play a morew direct game

haitri is ah nex story
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2007, 12:49:44 AM »
Nice!  Well done by the 2nd string.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2007, 05:19:12 AM »
I'll take a moment to be frivolous here and say if allyuh men in foreign did not see this game you missed the nastiest beat anywhere in the world for 2007.

jah gol is a hater, wait for touches, patriot or jay 10 report, jah gol ent know wat de hell he talking about when it comes tuh hardest and any talented midfielder for that matter....
Your boy played shit on Friday and was decent yesterday. He didn't last 90mins though. I don't know where this hater business coming from. When a big(old) player do mess and can't even run 90 minutes I supposed to be impressed.....steups

But as I said to his credit he was in the game more against Martinique and made made fewer mistakes. It was a good game for him. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2007, 05:45:05 AM »

jah gol is a hater, wait for touches, patriot or jay 10 report, jah gol ent know wat de hell he talking about when it comes tuh hardest and any talented midfielder for that matter....
Your boy played shit on Friday and was decent yesterday. He didn't last 90mins though. I don't know where this hater business coming from. When a big(old) player do mess and can't even run 90 minutes I supposed to be impressed.....steups

But as I said to his credit he was in the game more against Martinique and made made fewer mistakes. It was a good game for him. 

did he somewhat dominate the midfield and set the pace of the game???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2007, 06:51:09 AM »
He didn't dominate the midfield but he was definately involved. He contributed on both the defensive and offensive end.He also held the ball well and distributed a lot better than on Friday. If anyone was dominant it would Densil Theobald - I would give him man of the match. The quality of his passes and the number of tackles he put in yesterday was laudable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2007, 06:56:06 AM »
If anyone was dominant it would Densil Theobald - I would give him man of the match. The quality of his passes and the number of tackles he put in yesterday was laudable.
from what i heard on CT105 I agree with you Jah Gooooooooooooooal!!!!  ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2007, 07:11:49 AM »
If anyone was dominant it would Densil Theobald - I would give him man of the match. The quality of his passes and the number of tackles he put in yesterday was laudable.
from what i heard on CT105 I agree with you Jah Gooooooooooooooal!!!!  ;D
To be honest with you it is best I have ever seen him play.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »
Ah find Reggaefan and Jamaica2099 or is 1099, real silent dread. And de game show live on JA tv?
Did you even read all the posts from the beginning. Let me repeat exactly what I said earlier about Haiti then T&T:

"The second team to qualify for the 2007 Gold Cup. T&T."  :beermug: :chilling: :cheers:

Next time read before you respond. I was also suppose to say:

"The first two teams knocked out of the 2007 Digicel Cup/Gold Cup. Barbados and Martinique
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 16, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
He didn't dominate the midfield but he was definately involved. He contributed on both the defensive and offensive end.He also held the ball well and distributed a lot better than on Friday. If anyone was dominant it would Densil Theobald - I would give him man of the match. The quality of his passes and the number of tackles he put in yesterday was laudable.

would you put him in your gold cup squad jah gol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Big to the team.  :applause: :applause:

I think you mean Big UP to the Team!  ... :applause: :applause:

..dais alright..is all dem years outside!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »
T & T not in Gold Cup yet.  Barbados can still get second place, but looks very unlikely unless Barbados win big against Martinique and T & T lose bad against Haiti.

Hm...we will see what we can do there ;)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2007, 01:39:32 PM »

would you put him in your gold cup squad jah gol
If its Densil you mean, based on yesterday's performance yes. Hardest need to get fit and work on his sharpness a little still but I suspect Whim will put him on the squad anyway.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
Nice to see di coach giving young players a bligh. This tournament is a stepping stone for the future of Warriors football and the more they play together the better.

The funny thing is after the Barbados game, many people were questioning the coach and players selection but its funny how a win puts everyone's minds at ease :)
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2007, 03:06:21 PM »
What I find real sad is the real diehards on this site and they real cry down the team. So I wonder what the pepps we call wagonist sayin.

Wim go get cuss soon doh worry.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »
What I find real sad is the real diehards on this site and they real cry down the team. So I wonder what the pepps we call wagonist sayin.

Wim go get cuss soon doh worry.

Ah notice ah particular poster absent after the WIN yesterday....not even ah lil congrats from him..buh he was quick to rebuke the TEAM as soon as dey draw wid BIM...ah know he mean well but at least he should give the team ah little credit... ;D dis better?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »
Call name and I go whistle. Nah the gentleman not at his computer today that is why we eh get he congrats.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vengeful hosts.
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2007, 09:54:59 PM »
Vengeful hosts.
Warriors drop marker.
By: Lasana Liburd (Trinidad Express).

Last Friday, Barbados national football team coach Eyre Sealy motivated his players by going over the Trinidad and Tobago team sheet during the interval.
"You will never have a better chance to beat Trinidad," he said.
Suitably inspired, Barbados went on to recover from a single goal deficit to hold the hosts 1-1 in the opening Digicel 2007 Caribbean Cup match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.
No other coach should dare repeat the slight, not after Trinidad and Tobago dismantled Martinique 5-1 at the same venue on Monday night.
Of course, the Martinique team was inconvenienced by having a player ejected in the 31st minute while the outnumbered visitors still managed to share ball possession. But, more importantly, the host nation did not care a jot.
The French defence was set upon as mercilessly as ham on Christmas morning and, remarkably, the feast could have been more emphatic.
Coach Wim Rijsbergen's present troops may not unnerve more illustrious future CONCACAF opponents-not yet, at any rate-but at least, on Monday, they showed a mean streak that cannot be underestimated by their Caribbean rivals.
They could not have chosen to spank a more appropriate foe.
Martinique, a French colony with roughly a half million inhabitants, is unable to play in World Cup competition and, therefore, can never match up to Trinidad and Tobago's rivalry with fellow English-speaking neighbour, Jamaica. Yet, no other Caribbean island has been as disruptive to T&T's regional ambition.
In the last five competitive meetings before Monday, Martinique won four matches while it is six wins from seven if friendly games were counted. The two nations finished with 11 players on the field in just three of those seven games while the teams share four expulsions each-including Joan Deluge's red card for handling the ball on the goalline two days ago.
The tiny French islanders purged coach Zoran Vranes' squad from the qualifying stages of the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup and eliminated Rene Simoes' outfit at the 2002 Gold Cup.
Dutch coach Rijsbergen did better than merely avoid the fate of his Yugoslav and Brazilian predecessors, respectively. He also offered the first memorable result of his tenure.
If he is uncertain about the weight of history between the two nations, Rijsbergen needs only turn to Gary Glasgow.
After ten years of international service and 47 appearances, Glasgow finally celebrated his first win against Martinique. He was twice on the losing side in Caribbean Cup competition, while he was injured in his only trip to the French island, when Trinidad and Tobago were trounced 3-0 in an ill-tempered affair.
Glasgow missed a first half penalty but recovered his composure to tally two second half goals as the "Soca Warriors" threw down the gauntlet.
United States-based student Darryl Roberts and CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh midfielder Kerry Baptiste may have wondered what all the fuss was about. Roberts opened the scoring with a neat downward header for a goal in his first international start-Rijsbergen explained that he was dissatisfied with Glasgow's initial strike partner, Scott Sealy-while Baptiste scored twice, including one penalty, in his first outing against the visitors.
In a rare public show of affection, Rijsbergen also heaped praise upon his 24-year-old captain Densill Theobald, who is the sole remnant of T&T's 2006 Germany World Cup finals experience.
"Densill was 100 per cent captain today," said Rijsbergen, at the post-game press conference. "He was the leader of the pack (on Monday night) and I hope he continues doing that."
Theobald played three different roles in as many outings in Germany and was asked to try a fourth position by Rijsbergen, as a deep-lying midfielder, for this tournament. It is a function previously carried out by local and Caribbean greats such as David Nakhid and Dwight Yorke.
Theobald lacks Yorke's strength and, arguably, Nakhid's poise, but his intelligence and composure were the cornerstone of the country's performance on the night. The Caledonia midfielder rarely figures among the goals-he has one item from 44 national caps-and, unless he adds a potent snapshot to his game should keep an open mind as regards his best position.
Spare a thought too for midfielder Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick whose left-footed cross for Glasgow's opening goal was as good as anything Fox Sport ever broadcast. Fitzpatrick is short on pace and tricks but his work rate and delivery could be accommodated at left back, where Rijsbergen tried him during the training camp, if he fails to stave off future competition from the likes of Collin Samuel and Aurtis Whitley.
The Dutch coach would welcome the fresh air flowing through his camp after Monday's win although there is still a point to make to another rival today.
Trinidad and Tobago are undefeated in their last five matches against Haiti, although it is the latter nation that leads the group and has already booked a place for the 2007 Gold Cup.
The two teams might meet again in the Caribbean Cup final and a win today would ensure that the hosts enjoy some mental advantage.
On Monday, Trinidad and Tobago turned the tables on Martinique. Now, they must avoid Haiti returning the favour.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 05:17:43 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Winning Warriors
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2007, 09:58:30 PM »
Winning Warriors.
Hosts drub Martinique 5-1 in Caribbean Cup.
By: Kern De Freitas (Trinidad Express).

Trinidad and Tobago will engage in a top-of-the-table Sedley Joseph Group clash with Haiti in Digicel Caribbean Cup action from 7.15 tonight at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.
The "Soca Warriors" now occupy second spot after they grabbed their first win of the tournament, an emphatic 5-1 victory over Martinique in the late encounter at the same venue on Monday night.
Coach Wim Rijsbergen would be heartened with what he saw in the second period of the match, but it was also apparent that his young charges have some way to go. Still, Kerry Baptiste and Gary Glasgow both had doubles and Darryl Roberts got the opening goal, all good for three points.
Rijsbergen acknowledged that his talent search was not quite over and suggested that he was less than satisfied with the T&T defending.
He made a single change from the opener against Barbados, replacing Scott Sealy with newcomer Roberts. When asked about the switch after the match, Rijsbergen simply said: "I was not satisfied with Scott Sealy."
Roberts obliged, finding the net and T&T's first goal after only two minutes with a powerful downward header off skipper Densill Theobald's free kick to the delight of the home crowd.
Two minutes later, W Connection goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams took the ball off an attacker's feet and then Patrick Percin shot wide of the T&T goal in the seventh. Martinique's persistence paid off in the 17th, Xavier Bullet hit into an open goal after beating the offside trap and a scrambling T&T defence.
Striker Gary Glasgow and company in the T&T attack were not short on chances at the other end. Glasgow shot wide in the 31st, then missed a penalty after Joan Deluge handled a Roberts shot and was ejected by referee Roberto Moreno of Panama. On 36 minutes, Man of the Match Kerry Baptiste restored T&T's lead, banging in the ball from the right after Roberts', then Glasgow's attempts were blocked.
The score read 2-1 in favour of T&T at the half.
Glasgow made up for his muffed spotkick on the resumption, rising to head Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick's left side cross past Martiniquan custodian Oliver Sylvestre. Five minutes later, Roberts was declared offside when he too hit the target.
The introduction of Hayden Tinto for Kerwyn "Hardest" Jemmott and Joel Bailey for Roberts midway through the second half seemed to add some fire to the T&T attack. Martinique fell further behind in the 76th, when Willy Padolly brought down Bailey in the 18-metre box and Baptiste calmly stepped up to convert to make it 4-1 for T&T.
Seven minutes later, Glasgow closed out the scoring. He played a neat back flick to Fitzpatrick on the left, then collected the return pass, turned on Sylvestre and a defender and fired into the net from close range. Martinique thought they had found some consolation in injury time when substitute Johan Clementia beat Williams, but he was ruled offside.
T&T now turn their attention to the dangerous Haitians, who are yet to concede a goal in the competition. But to overcome their greatest challenge in the second game of a "Hasely Crawford" double-header, the Soca Warriors will have to raise their game on all counts.
The first match kicks off at 5 p.m. and will feature Barbados and Martinique. Barbados still have an outside chance of progressing to the next round, but with a six-goal differential will have to hope T&T lose and they achieve a big win over the Martiniquans.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Re: Vengeful hosts.
« Reply #415 on: January 17, 2007, 06:31:13 AM »
Vengeful hosts.
Warriors drop marker.
By: Lasana Liburd (Trinidad Express).

The Dutch coach would welcome the fresh air flowing through his camp after Monday's win although there is still a point to make to another rival today.
Trinidad and Tobago are undefeated in their last five matches against Haiti, although it is the latter nation that leads the group and has already booked a place for the 2007 Gold Cup.
The two teams might meet again in the Caribbean Cup final and a win today would ensure that the hosts enjoy some mental advantage.
On Monday, Trinidad and Tobago turned the tables on Martinique. Now, they must avoid Haiti returning the favour.

Is that statement true?

Anyway, I don't want to sound like I am making excuses already. However, Haiti has taken the longest road to this tournament. This match will be our fifth in just two weeks and we have already reached our goal, which is our qualification for the GC! Thus, I am sure our Cuban coach will rest some of our first-choice players tonight.

Some of you have noticed that Haiti hasn't yet played the way it's used to. Well, we won't play that way at all in this tournament. Our Cuban coach simply hates it and even called it 'garbage play'. He resisted pressure from the fans to include 'Tiga' in the team. The coach argued that he's looking for 'results', not 'flair'. Tiga is a great dribbler who certain fans liken to Ronaldinho for his coolness in getting rid of his markers. As a consequence, you now are seeing a Haitian team that scores less goals, but concedes less goal as well.

BTW, our attention will turn tonight not on the Haiti vs Trin match (The job is already done), but on our U-20 vs USA which will be live on Goltv. We are just three matches away from a WC qualification! I love this month.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:35:31 AM by Toussaint »

1]; } ?>