April 30, 2024, 05:41:35 AM

Author Topic: Just saw the highlights...Dwane Jack  (Read 6386 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just saw the highlights...Dwane Jack
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:33:29 AM »
needs to get away from Tobago utd and go to one of the big three in the pro league. I read where some posters said that he aint good. Well these posters need to stop watching football and continue playing pocket billiards. He is a diamond in the rough. An absolute gem. He is T&T's future defensive rock. Tiger needs to realise that he is a laborer and start playing as such and forget trying to look pretty. He will never be. But he can go on to be a real tiger/scrapper in the defensive middle. Glasgow should be banished from any national team. He is no good. Scott Sealy will come good. He needs service. Back to Tiger, he can be way better than Birchall but needs to know his limitations. He thinks that he is better than he really is and will not improve with that trend of thought. If He realises that he is our scrapper then will he ever realise his dreams of a true pro contract.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Just saw the highlights...Dwane Jack
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:40:05 AM »
Sub 1 You see highlights

Highlights..i.e a clip of the best action on the field. Against a team that is not a side.

After you watch some more games in its entirety come back with your assessment.

I not against the player, I against your reasoning and evidence.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:42:39 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:50:58 AM »
Sorry touches i dont look at highlights to assess a player. I look at at his touches ( pun intended). I have long passed the stage of seeing a few good runs or bad ones for that matter to assess players. Given the right manager Jack is future star. Quick question , I understand he is about 24, in your football mind who is the better player at age 24...Jack or Marvin?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »
If you were at the game you would have seen how many mistakes he(Jack) made. Furthermore Fitzpatrick even with his modest talent was one of the best performers for us in that game. Telesford  had a better game than Jack.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:11:06 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 08:01:45 AM »
If you were at the game you would have seen how many mistakes he(Jack) made. Furthmore Fitzpatrick even with his modest talent was one of the best performers for us in that game. Telesford  had a better game than Jack.

Jah I am not looking at the game each individual had. Yes Tiger had a good game becz i saw him srapping...that is his game. Ht efew times he trid to look pretty he was off. Whether Telesford had a better game than Jack is not the point. The point is what coul;d become of Jack. He is tall , fast has decent ball control. With proper guidance he could be an outstanding defender. This is what i saw not the mistakes that he made.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 08:02:01 AM »
Jack has more potential. He is also better with his feet and passing ability.

But leave Dog out of this..he used his little talent and belief in God and he did extremly well for himself. No need to bring up a great servant for TT football and his deficiences to highlight Jack against inferior opposition.

Sub I have watched Jack against better opposition, I think it was either Vincy or Panama and he was completely out of his depth. Also I found he did some things well, but as a defender i.e playing last you do not attempt to beat three men in the box and lose the ball.

Maybe he needs grooming, but he is someone we can work with. He got a English trial and was unsuccessful, maybe its due to caps and not talent but who knows.

For now let us agree to disagree. Jack has time on his side, but I do not think he is ready for Intl ball, based on what I have seen of him. He will improve and if he goes to a bigger club he will get better. He certainly has the height and speed to make a good defender.

We will see this evening vs martinique. maybe he can change my mind.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:16:06 AM »
Jack has more potential. He is also better with his feet and passing ability.

Check yuh PM
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 08:16:41 AM »
Actually Touches we are not disagreeing. You have come to the conclusion that the guy has potential and with proper guidance can go on to bigger and better things. So have I. And no we cant lea ve Dog out of this becz I was speaking talent wise  not faith wise. Suppose Jack wakes tomorrow with a new found faith in GOD, then what?

Btw judging from the highlights i will safely say is bun we bun. I still think we can win the tournament......WITH THIS TEAM.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 08:25:41 AM »
Palos I checked my PM and made contact with an individual. I should encounter same this afternoon.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 08:38:32 AM »
I understand your point sub1, but you kinda contradicting your self with your subject line.  You said that u saw highlights.

I want to know if you ever saw him play an entire game.  It is true that he has good attributes, but if you say he is a diamond in the rough, then you should scout players for a living cause i just aint seeing it.

There are many players (defenders) who are tall, fast and have decent ball control, so if that is your criteria for your assessment, then you have ah whole heap ah diamonds in Trinidad.

But i am not hating on the player, cause i hope for the sake of our football, that he realises the potential that you see.  I will be looking at him closely today with the hope of coming across on you side of the border.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 08:43:09 AM »
Btw judging from the highlights i will safely say is bun we bun. I still think we can win the tournament......WITH THIS TEAM.

If is bun we bun, how do you think we will get fit enough to beat people when we would have had a 2 day break before meeting Martinique and then a 1 day break before our final match against Haiti?

How does one go from being "bun" to being fit enough to win a game, far less an entire tournament with maximum 2 days rest between matches?

Thanks

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 08:50:52 AM »

How does one go from being "bun" to being fit enough to win a game, far less an entire tournament with maximum 2 days rest between matches?

Thanks

maybe using the correct and timely substitutions.  working on overall fitness in the background.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 08:54:29 AM »

Thanks

maybe using the correct and timely substitutions.  working on overall fitness in the background.

I hear you. 

Don't agree with you.

But respeck still.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 09:02:51 AM »
i agree with you on Tiger...he could be better than Birchall if he recognised his limitations. Collect, simple pass and hustle...tha's what he should be looking to do. Forget the big crosses and them thing, just try to tackle and pass to the playmaker. He should see his job as being more when we doh have the ball rather than when we have it.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 09:21:10 AM »
needs to get away from Tobago utd and go to one of the big three in the pro league. I read where some posters said that he aint good. Well these posters need to stop watching football and continue playing pocket billiards. He is a diamond in the rough. An absolute gem. He is T&T's future defensive rock. Tiger needs to realise that he is a laborer and start playing as such and forget trying to look pretty. He will never be. But he can go on to be a real tiger/scrapper in the defensive middle. Glasgow should be banished from any national team. He is no good. Scott Sealy will come good. He needs service. Back to Tiger, he can be way better than Birchall but needs to know his limitations. He thinks that he is better than he really is and will not improve with that trend of thought. If He realises that he is our scrapper then will he ever realise his dreams of a true pro contract.

what are you basing that opinion on?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »

I want to know if you ever saw him play an entire game.  It is true that he has good attributes, but if you say he is a diamond in the rough, then you should scout players for a living cause i just aint seeing it.

ah love it!!
Never saw him live...saw the game from Eman......I could be wrong but from what i have seen from him i think he needs to immediately run from tobago utd and go to a club with better players and coaches so he could get better. But I will consider your suggestion on scouting..becz i scout coaches also. Remember my total dissatisfaction with Bertille? Well judging from how this "new Look" team played i have no doubt that Wim is an excellent coach..regardless of the naysayers.

One more thing, remember Jack is playing under the worst coach in the pfl. Its amazing that both he and Wiltshire made it to the national team. I 2would take that to mean that they are both decent players who can only get better under proper guidance.

Call me Scout1 from now on... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »
I agree that on the night Telesford looked more solid than Jack, but that was because he didn't try to do the amazing on more than one occasion: i.e. beat outta d back. You will note that Jack however received the man of the match award and it was due mainly to his hustle on the field. The man would literally run the lenght of the field after a corner, racing back to defend. He didn't give up on any occasion and at times seemed to intimidate the modest Bajan attack into submission.

That being said, he needs to complement what he has physically with s what he has between his ears. We know he has some skill but where i would compare him is with Tallest as opposed to Dog. Use your fancy footwork in front if need be. Leave it outta d back and keep your head on.

My two cents.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »
I agree that on the night Telesford looked more solid than Jack, but that was because he didn't try to do the amazing on more than one occasion: i.e. beat outta d back.

Mark my words if Jack goes to Wconnection or Jabloteh he would be heading for a big pro contract. I hope it would be in Scotland with Dog.

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »
I agree that on the night Telesford looked more solid than Jack, but that was because he didn't try to do the amazing on more than one occasion: i.e. beat outta d back.

Mark my words if Jack goes to Wconnection or Jabloteh he would be heading for a big pro contract. I hope it would be in Scotland with Dog.
I dont know about a  big pro contract but he will definitely get better....vibes it up T and T....BLESS

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 10:55:55 AM »
Well Sub1 (sorry Scout1... ;D), since de game is only you and Wim dat had anything positive to say bout Jack.  (If anyone else say good things bout him ah miss all yuh, but it cyar be more dan 5 people).  And I found it interesting dat Wim say what he say.  Dat he had ah good game and he just need to stop trying to do too much and keep it simple.

Ah hope he take heed.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Da white man

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Jack Warner the best thing that ever happened to T & T football?
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 11:17:52 AM »
Money, moaning, manipulation asisde where would T & T football seriously be without Jack Warner?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jack Warner the best thing that ever happened to T & T football?
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »
Whey dis come from?

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 11:47:02 AM »
Da white man ....no one is going to really respond to yuh.....this topic has been beaten to a pulp...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »
da white man, use the search function and search for "jack" and read all them threads before asking this question. beaten to death.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
What's this? So much to say about world cup tickets him being a robbin liair but when it comes down to the blunt question above....silence. Why? Because every trini know deep down you'd still be drinkin out of coconut shells without DA MAN

Obviously you have no affiliation to Trinidad or the rest of the Caribbean for that matter. As a person of Jamaican/Trinidadian descent,  I don't appreciate your comment about "drinking out of coconut shells" that is very dumb. Caribbean people are not one dimensional types of people like you ignant white folk so don't make such a stupid comments. You should try educating yourself before making dumb comments. >:(
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 12:07:53 PM »
Dwayne Jack is not a bad player but his first touch is awful. He needs more than one touch to control the ball and that's a luxury international football doesn't allow you. On another note, I was not impressed with Scott Sealy...I think he's a bit overrated.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:43:31 PM by Warlord »
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »
What's this? So much to say about world cup tickets him being a robbin liair but when it comes down to the blunt question above....silence. Why? Because every trini know deep down you'd still be drinkin out of coconut shells without DA MAN
Don't know if you just mean't to provoke a response with that coconut shells statement but for the future, "Da White Man" suggest you please refrain from anything with such negative ethnic connotations.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »

Obviously you have no affiliation to Trinidad or the rest of the Caribbean for that matter. As a person of Jamaican/Trinidadian descent,  I don't appreciate your comment about "drinking out of coconut shells" that is very dumb. Caribbean people are not one dimensional types of people like you ignant white folk so don't make such a stupid comments. You should try educating yourself before making dumb comments. >:(
This is unnecessary.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 12:35:49 PM »

This is unnecessary.

Why is that uneccessary. Yu nuh si sey mi a defend mi own star. why mi fi mek white eediat bwoy come tell mi bout 'coconuts'. Dat nuh mek it. Mi a defend it >:(

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 12:47:37 PM »

I notice this comment bout coconut shells has been deleted from the thread but too late you were already quoted.
I wish i had read this thread before posting in your other, I would not have bothered, you just want to come in and rile up folks for a reaction, bunch of oneliners but offering no thoughtful commentary of your own.
stueeps

1]; } ?>