April 18, 2024, 04:10:19 PM

Poll

Which T&T player do you think is capable of making the Digicel All-Star team ?

Jan Michael Williams
35 (13.2%)
Seon Power
3 (1.1%)
Makan Hislop
1 (0.4%)
Nigel Daniel
1 (0.4%)
Dwayne Jack
4 (1.5%)
Osei Telesford
24 (9.1%)
Kwame Wiltshire
4 (1.5%)
Densill Theobald
35 (13.2%)
Hayden Tinto
31 (11.7%)
Kerwyn Jemmott
11 (4.2%)
Leslie Fitzpatrick
25 (9.4%)
Keeron Benito
0 (0%)
Kerry Baptiste
39 (14.7%)
Gary Glasgow
33 (12.5%)
Darryl Roberts
13 (4.9%)
Joel Bailey
2 (0.8%)
Scott Sealy
4 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti game.  (Read 72730 times)

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti game.
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »
Nice game.. i went(if there was a doubt lol)   nice crowd 8000+      real action.. 

Congrats to the team..  well done lads..  and f**k ALL THE GLASGOAL HATERS

Dat man is the replica to God 14  ... miss but scores...   

Oh god doh blight him nah. We had enough pressure with half slab.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »
Haiti eh want to meet Cuba daqt is why dey rest 5 starters. I real gald fuh de win, but ah cautious  Cuba next ent?

Nah...de next group still up fuh grabs. All will be decided tomorrow. Serious drama going on wit dem. Man saying Cuba go beat Guyana, but me eh so sure, and Guadeloupe is ah toss up between dem and St.Vincent. Everybody on 3 points. Look ting.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bazodee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2007, 09:06:12 PM »
Inasmuch as I am new to the Trini football scene (and haven't posted in a looooong while) I want to raise serious questions.

The push is on now for player development in local football, spearheaded by Lincoln Phillips. THis is a great positive, starting with development of coaches in Trninidad through coaching license courses that Phillips is certified to teach (USSF 'E', 'D', 'C', and 'B'.)

However, the depth at the International level is woefully lacking at the moment. We have no players playing in the Premiership right now, and the style of possession football that Beenhakker has brought forward (and continued with Rijsbergen) is "don't lose" football, rather than attacking play. We have to face the reality that we do not have the number of experienced players to be able to comfortably command an attacking style of play.

Latapy showed this clearly when he came onto the field in the last WC. He created opportunities, but had little in the role of supporting cast (except maybe Carlos Edwards) to play to. He made life difficult for his opponents, but it wasn't a team attacking effort.

I agree with Beenhakker, though, in not playing him in the two previous games. Against Sweden, we were under constant bombardment, and without Shaka's consistency, we would have been licking our wounds all the way back to Port of Spain. Against England, we could not match their sustained pressure, even though Crouch's goal did come from a bit of "gamesmanship".

I now regret that Cornell Glenn's shot against Sweden that hit the post had gone in...

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »
Guys,

Keep in mind from Jan 7 to Jan 17 Haiti played five official games in 10 days. On top of it they play two training games on Jan 3 and 5. So that 's why the coach bench five starters (to rest and to avoid losing players due cartons accumulation). Now the goal is the $120K.4 me the coach makes the right decision.

Now hopefully see u in final for the round two. 1-0 for trinidad.

OK
good point
Good Point my ass!!!

Trinidad fielding a B team at best. No excuses.
TnT Patriot

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2007, 09:08:59 PM »
Guys,

Keep in mind from Jan 7 to Jan 17 Haiti played five official games in 10 days. On top of it they play two training games on Jan 3 and 5. So that 's why the coach bench five starters (to rest and to avoid losing players due cartons accumulation). Now the goal is the $120K.4 me the coach makes the right decision.

How does it feel Jean?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2007, 09:16:02 PM »
Good win tonite boys.... doh care ah win is ah win... and does alot to boost confidence....

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »
Inasmuch as I am new to the Trini football scene (and haven't posted in a looooong while) I want to raise serious questions.

The push is on now for player development in local football, spearheaded by Lincoln Phillips. THis is a great positive, starting with development of coaches in Trninidad through coaching license courses that Phillips is certified to teach (USSF 'E', 'D', 'C', and 'B'.)

However, the depth at the International level is woefully lacking at the moment. We have no players playing in the Premiership right now, and the style of possession football that Beenhakker has brought forward (and continued with Rijsbergen) is "don't lose" football, rather than attacking play. We have to face the reality that we do not have the number of experienced players to be able to comfortably command an attacking style of play.

Latapy showed this clearly when he came onto the field in the last WC. He created opportunities, but had little in the role of supporting cast (except maybe Carlos Edwards) to play to. He made life difficult for his opponents, but it wasn't a team attacking effort.

I agree with Beenhakker, though, in not playing him in the two previous games. Against Sweden, we were under constant bombardment, and without Shaka's consistency, we would have been licking our wounds all the way back to Port of Spain. Against England, we could not match their sustained pressure, even though Crouch's goal did come from a bit of "gamesmanship".

I now regret that Cornell Glenn's shot against Sweden that hit the post had gone in...

You might get a better response if you post in a separate thread.

Welcome to the board.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2007, 09:32:08 PM »
Congrats to the warriors. Ah gettin' real frustrated about not being able to watch the games up here without havin' to pay through my nose. Anybody know how ah get to watch these games (possibly online) for a reasonable cost?

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:21 PM »
Nice game.. i went(if there was a doubt lol)   nice crowd 8000+      real action.. 

Congrats to the team..  well done lads..  and f**k ALL THE GLASGOAL HATERS

Dat man is the replica to God 14  ... miss but scores...   

Went to the game 2nite, dem fellas make meh proud..still have alot of work to do, but they looking good so far.....

But Glasgow boy...dis man is a rel goat dread...da man cud throw away....He go have a rel LOVE/HATE relationship with T&T fans...ah done c it...He is STERN CLONE WE!!!
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »
Guys,

All di while yu deh deh a chat yu f**kery bout Jamaica and Trinidad should hold a seat cause a Haiti and Cuba time now. Now unnuh get f**kup from Trinidad and a peer excuse. Wha tek dis fool? :rotfl:
Warlord ,you related to anybody on this site  :rotfl: ....or is just me see ar family resemblance

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »

Good post, but the part about Latapy is blasphemy!
Ketch footballitis

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2007, 04:13:27 AM »
hear nah...i eh no glasgow fan eh...but he have how much goals in how much games?

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2007, 05:34:17 AM »
Ah hear Flex getting big up on de radio !!!!!!  ;D

Nice nice...... David John Williams give him ah bling !!!!!!!  :D
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2007, 05:49:20 AM »
Smalls..ah player who scoring 2 outta 20 is crap and a liability..and look also he doing it against mediocre defences...wht go happen when we up against USA or Mexico?
that is the kinda player yuh ent want on yuh team when yuh only get 3 chances for the whole 90 minutes.
a striker supposed to put away chances when he get it..thats his job  :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 05:52:25 AM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2007, 06:15:03 AM »
Glasgow has missed too many chances so far in the tournament.Of this I am certain but the fact that he has 6 goals and contributes a great deal to game with is mobility and speed makes him a very important asset to this team. I would like to see him finish more clinically though. It seems that Seally hasn't impressed at all- after his performance on Friday it looks like he hasn't even redeemed himself in training. Bailey looked  decent Monday but doesnt have the speed or control of Glasgow. I would have liked to see him(Bailey) again yesterday. I suspect that barring injury Glasgow and Roberts will start the semi and the final.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2007, 09:20:32 AM »
TI, let mih see yuh post when dem fellas on de field nah. Please, just to let mih know yuh is not really Kerwin" TI aka Hardest " Jemmott ;D ;D
Doh loss yuh head boss

1]; } ?>