March 28, 2024, 07:19:28 AM

Poll

Which T&T player do you think is capable of making the Digicel All-Star team ?

Jan Michael Williams
35 (13.2%)
Seon Power
3 (1.1%)
Makan Hislop
1 (0.4%)
Nigel Daniel
1 (0.4%)
Dwayne Jack
4 (1.5%)
Osei Telesford
24 (9.1%)
Kwame Wiltshire
4 (1.5%)
Densill Theobald
35 (13.2%)
Hayden Tinto
31 (11.7%)
Kerwyn Jemmott
11 (4.2%)
Leslie Fitzpatrick
25 (9.4%)
Keeron Benito
0 (0%)
Kerry Baptiste
39 (14.7%)
Gary Glasgow
33 (12.5%)
Darryl Roberts
13 (4.9%)
Joel Bailey
2 (0.8%)
Scott Sealy
4 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti game.  (Read 72444 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti game.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 12:06:46 PM »
Who say uncovered again? I said it before and I'll say it again. That $20 is really the best bargain of the year for me to date. I get to see 3 T&T matches for $60. Can't go wrong with that.

Do we think that the stadium security/tournament organisers are prepared for a bigger crowd? How about that exodus of people from uncovered to covered just as the second half was about to start? Not one policeman or security guard was visible. Good thing the crowd was only studying to come out of the rain. Had their intent been sinister who was there to stop them? Clean up the place and provide some security.
       Breds at $20.00 what do you expect to get,this is what you paid for because $20.00 can't pay for what you talking about here (this is about 3 US),on top of that players have to be paid etc etc. 

TrinInfinite

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
Who say uncovered again? I said it before and I'll say it again. That $20 is really the best bargain of the year for me to date. I get to see 3 T&T matches for $60. Can't go wrong with that.

Do we think that the stadium security/tournament organisers are prepared for a bigger crowd? How about that exodus of people from uncovered to covered just as the second half was about to start? Not one policeman or security guard was visible. Good thing the crowd was only studying to come out of the rain. Had their intent been sinister who was there to stop them? Clean up the place and provide some security.
Breds at $20.00 what do you expect to get,this is what you paid for because $20.00 can't pay for what you talking about here (this is about 3 US),on top of that players have to be paid etc etc.

doesnt matter coops, whether the ticket cost 5 tt, there should be some standard set for security that is upheld as an intl venue, this applies regardless of the tciket price in venues in canada, the US, england, its about time tt follow that lead...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 12:30:39 PM »

doesnt matter coops, whether the ticket cost 5 tt, there should be some standard set for security that is upheld as an intl venue, this applies regardless of the tciket price in venues in canada, the US, england, its about time tt follow that lead...
       I agree whole heartedly with that, where else in the world it cost that to go and see an international game,it could be said is time we follow the lead that these countries have when it comes to ticket priceing.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 12:35:18 PM »

I agree whole heartedly with that, where else in the world it cost that to go and see an international game,it could be said is time we follow the lead that these countries have when it comes to ticket priceing.

:applause: :applause: :beermug: exactly, why should we sell our football cheaper, the question should be asked to the football loving public, what value do you place on tt football, bc if it was canada who made the world cup, you wouldnt pay those prices to see the game, boss comment coops :beermug:

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »
Who set the prices?
Live large and prosper!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »
Who set the prices?

the ttff of course, but the prices should be set for all to enjoy but our football must have some worth, not only that, it should be worth something to the public bc it have people willing to spend 100 tt and 500tt for a fete but would not spend 50 tt or 100tt for football, if people knew de money was goin to the right places and transparency is demonstrated on the behalf of the football admin, i doubt people would mind watching enjoyable tt football at a reasonable price but a price that will give our football some value to re-invest in the local game...

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 01:13:51 PM »
The price alone should tell you that wasn't the ttff! Sorry boss, but yuh wrong :devil:
Live large and prosper!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 01:21:18 PM »
The price alone should tell you that wasn't the ttff! Sorry boss, but yuh wrong :devil:

my badd, i guess the cfu set de prices.... but in regards to the ttff i think they have left a sour taste when this topic arises concerning national football....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »
Digicel insisted on the low price (check the video by the Digicel CEO on the TT Proleague website), in opposition to Jackula who would have rathered a 200 dullah ticket and possibly 300 fleckin' people in de bloody stadium for de whole world to see. I think Digicel was right to try this low-price tactic and take a few losses in ths rounds. The public hadn't bought into this local warrior team thing and they had to be wooed before turning them (and us too) into believers. Doh worry Digicel thinking long term and price going up next year(at the right timing)
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 02:30:47 PM »

I don't understand your point. First, are you saying that MTS only cleans there up when more than $20 is charged for a game? As far as I know there is permanent staff there and cleaning should be a daily part of their routine. Second, if the only revenue is from the gates then no players will be paid. Third, we are not living in the US nor are we making US money so to say it's US$3 is misleading.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
the stadium on a whole needs a good pressure washing....everywhere is a set of moss growing...man cud fall down and buss dey ass and sue for negligence....cuz dat moss situation really bad
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »
Loose the ball with them Coops.

As for the state of the dump heap that Iwent to see the game yday. I sure the stadium being paid for the use of the facilities so it eh have no excuse why they eh clean the place.

As 4 the crowd it only have 5000 diehard football supporters and they are present and accounted for.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2007, 03:10:06 PM »
Current Standings

P  W  L  D  F  A  P

Haiti          2   2  0  0  3  0  6
T&T           2   1  0  1  6  2  4
Barbados    2  0  1  1  1  3  1
Martinique  2  0  2  0  1  6  0

When yuh watch de for and against column, is real good dat we ress dong some good licks on Martinique. Bados was hoping to get four points and that we stay on 4 with them but de goal difference currently is -2 for Bados and +4 for us. They, Bados would have to say, beat a depressed Martinique by 3 clear goals and we lose to Haiti by 4 clear goals for de flying fish boys to go through instead of us. Nice buffer, but complacency must be avoided.

We still need to win de group and play de 2nd best team of the next group. Real money and prestige at stake dread.

WHat going on in the next Group, I see Cuba and Guyana both lost the first game, i thought maybe they were the front runners in that groups.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
Men here not easy nah. One thing I realise we have to learn to do is give props when it is due. From all the reports of the games, almost everyone said Theobald ain't in it. From reports Hardest been doing well, (inconsistent) but good. Yet ppl still voting (the poll in the thread)for Theobald ahead of hardest on the all-star team. Incredible we are.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »
COULD YOU IMAGINE CORNELL GLEN IN THIS TOURNAMENT WITH FITZPATRICK AND BAPTISTE IN SUPPORT

IS GOAL!!!!!!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »
COULD YOU IMAGINE CORNELL GLEN IN THIS TOURNAMENT........................................

IS GOAL!!!!!!!!

Now yuh talking skywalker!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »
For all the critics and non believers on here,stop jumping on the bandwagon,the locals/players from the PFL, the shit side/Coaches,the side that Anton picked,the underprepared team/C team,the team that was not given a chance to win one game,has done quite well so far.

Players who we never would have seen we seeing them,all they are doing is asking for a chance to prove themselves,it still have ppl this morning have nothing good to say because they only looking for faults,i'm still going to say i support our team to the fullest win, lose or draw,this what going on here tells us the strength of our Football,it's what development is all about,how will these guys step up their level if they don't play at that level on a regular basis.

This is just hypothetical,if we win this tournament/qualify for the Gold Cup with this team,can any one tell me how many guys on this team going to play?this is the best thing to happen to our Football,the big boys have to watch it(they put down Glasgow he score 3),local Football was never deficient of good players(we watching too much TV),give these guys a chance they going to prove everybody wrong.

You know how we Trinis is we have Stern John one of the top scorers in World Cup history and men does cry him down when he retires we will appreciate him  they also cried down Latapy at one point too
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2007, 04:17:04 PM »
Current Standings

P  W  L  D  F  A  P

Haiti          2   2  0  0  3  0  6
T&T           2   1  0  1  6  2  4
Barbados    2  0  1  1  1  3  1
Martinique  2  0  2  0  1  6  0

When yuh watch de for and against column, is real good dat we ress dong some good licks on Martinique. Bados was hoping to get four points and that we stay on 4 with them but de goal difference currently is -2 for Bados and +4 for us. They, Bados would have to say, beat a depressed Martinique by 3 clear goals and we lose to Haiti by 4 clear goals for de flying fish boys to go through instead of us. Nice buffer, but complacency must be avoided.

We still need to win de group and play de 2nd best team of the next group. Real money and prestige at stake dread.

WHat going on in the next Group, I see Cuba and Guyana both lost the first game, i thought maybe they were the front runners in that groups.
Second half.

Guadeloupe 2 Guyana 1
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2007, 04:23:13 PM »
Second penalty for Guyana.

Guyana score.

Guadeloupe 2 Guyana 2
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2007, 04:29:43 PM »
Guyana retakes the lead from a 66" corner.

Guyana 3 Guadeloupe 2
jjbrown

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »
Wayssss!!!!!  Papayo! Shabbazz eh eating easy!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2007, 04:36:44 PM »

Guyana 3 Guadeloupe 2

Thanks for the updates Ja99. That is looking to be a tight group.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »

Guyana 3 Guadeloupe 2

Thanks for the updates Ja99. That is looking to be a tight group.
GOAL!

Guyana 4 Guadeloupe 2.  9 minutes left.
jjbrown

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »
hmmm guyana doing well...not too sure if to be happy cuz now i hadda hear all bout it from my pops
Back in Trini...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 04:50:24 PM »
88" penalty for Guadeloupe.

GOAL!

Guyana 4 Guadeloupe 3.
jjbrown

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »
I happy for dem..dey is we neighbours  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »
Finish now ?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »
Finish now ?
Yes. Just now.

Full time Guyana 4 Guadeloupe 3.

Have to take my daughter home now. Will be back to give updates on the Cuba/SVG match unless one of your media houses will air the match. 
jjbrown

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2007, 05:02:07 PM »
thanks JA for de updates
Back in Trini...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile