April 25, 2024, 04:29:05 AM

Author Topic: Youth development  (Read 5464 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Where are the youths? Beenhakker speaks out
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2005, 01:03:27 PM »
shouldn't we have a U-23 or Olympic team in training right now?..next Olympics in 2008 right?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 01:15:10 PM »
shouldn't we have a U-23 or Olympic team in training right now?..next Olympics in 2008 right?
I thought Ron LaForest was the U-23 Coach,that was the last thing i think i read after they got rid of BSC and reshuffled the coaching staff. 

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2005, 03:09:36 PM »
the majority of the best players in the school league get scholarships and depart to the US.  this leaves trini without its best players to groom for the future.  the players that go straight to the pfl are not the cream of the crop of local stars.  to me this is the reason why tnt is not reapeating itself with star performers on a regular. it took 16 years to get beck a chance to make it to the world cup. 

What i'm saying is why are we only useing the Colleges League to develope our players,players gong on scholarships should not be a problem,our Youths play Football half the year what happen to the other half,i know there are Youth Leagues that were started recently but how many kids across the country participates,who Coaches them is the next problem.In my time Minor League was the thing,all our best players developed in Minor League Football not Colleges League,any where you go in the country had a Minor League and you could of play in any one you wanted too that's how we learned the game,people might say times have changed and i know that but the few Minor Leagues it have today have more crowds than a PFL game.

COOPS BREDREN IN THEORY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS RIGHT BUT IN PRACTISE IS ANOTHER STORY ALLRIGHT.
YOUR ERA AND MY ERA WERE DIFFERENT. IN YOUR ERA THERE WERE PROBABLY NO YOUTH LEAGUES EXCEPT SSFL. WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING OVER THE YEARS  BECAUSE I PLAYED YOUTH FOOTBALL IN THE NORTH ZONE IN DE 90'S IS TTFF ZONAL YOUTH LEAGUES FROM UNDER 10 TO UNDER 19. THEY HAVE EVEN GOT A PRO LEAGUE YOUTH DIVISION AT THE MOMENT.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT ALL CLUBS ARE NOT REPRESENTED BAR A HANDFULL IN TYHE ZONAL YOUTH LEAGUES. NOW FOR THE TTFF TO SORT THIS OUT AND THIS MIGHT SOUND A BIT CONTROVERSIAL THEY NEED TO GET ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS HOUSE IN ORDER AND BY THAT I MEAN THEIR COMMITMENT TO LOCAL FOOTBALL.
 FOR INSTANCE TEAMS THAT ARE PLAYING SENIOR DIVISION FOOTBALL ARE STILL WINNING GAMES BY DEFAULT. NOW HOW SERIOUS ARE THESE FOOTBALL CLUBS IF THEY CANNOT EVEN GET 11 BIG MEN TO TURN UP. YUH SEE WHEY AH COMIN FROM.
IT STARTS WITH COMMITTMENT BOTH FROM ALL LOCAL ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUBS TO THE TTFF  NOT THE MINOR LEAGUE THE DAYS FOR THAT ARE DONE. FORWARD EVER BACKWARD NEVER.
THIS WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION SHOULD BE THE CATALYST FOR DEVELOPMENT BUT I AM WAITING IN THE SHADOWS TO SEE
 WHAT IS GOIN TO HAPPEN. WE NEED TO HAVE A SUITABLE PROMOTION AND RELEGATION SYSTEM IN PLACE SO AS TO ALLOW  SOME TEAMS  THE CHANCE TO DEVELOP AND PROMOTE THEMSELVES ON A HIGHER PLATFORM.
AND FOR ALL WHO DO NOT KNOW SOME OF THE PLAYERS THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THESE LEAGUES ARE:CARLOS EDWARDS, ANTON PIERRE, NIGEL PIERRE, KERWYN JEMMOTT ECT. SO THERE ARE GOOD PLAYERS IN ZONAL YOUTH LEAGUES. HAVE A LOOK JUST GO AND SEE FUH YUHSELF.
AS FOR THE COACHES WELL SOME ARE GOOD BUT MOST ARE MEDIOCRE.
BUT THERE IS ONE THING I CAN SAY IS THAT IF IT WASN'T FOR THEM YOU WOULD NOT BE SEEING A LOT OF THESE PLAYERS ON THE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO TEAM TODAY BREDREN.
SOME NAMES I CAN CALL ARE MERVYN "GAMBA" MORRIS, DADDA, DANNY, AND CARLOS EDWARDS COACH FROM SINCE HE WAS WITH PATNA UNDER 12 I CANNOT REMEMBER HIS NAME. ALL THESE BREDRENS THAT I CALL MAY NOT BE WORLD CLASS COACHES BUT  THEY DO IT FUH DE LOVE OF THE GAME DRED.
BEENIE SEEING THE TALENT BUT HE IN SEEING MUCH STRUCTURE IN LOCAL FOOTBALL SO THAT PROBABLY HURTING HIM. IN HOLLAND MOST IF NOT ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS HAVE YOUTH TEAMS REPRESENTING THEM.
NUFF RESPECT COOPS I JUST THOUGHT I GO GIVE YUH AH LITTLE INSIGHT INTO THE THING.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2005, 03:25:10 PM »
No one has mentioned that right at home, there are some Pro League and Super League clubs with very strong youth systems and good youth teams that really need support and international exposure.

That is one place that Beenie could start looking which together with the overseas based players (Miguel etc) would give us at least a database to work from.

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 03:39:04 PM »
the majority of the best players in the school league get scholarships and depart to the US.  this leaves trini without its best players to groom for the future.  the players that go straight to the pfl are not the cream of the crop of local stars.  to me this is the reason why tnt is not reapeating itself with star performers on a regular. it took 16 years to get beck a chance to make it to the world cup. 

What i'm saying is why are we only useing the Colleges League to develope our players,players gong on scholarships should not be a problem,our Youths play Football half the year what happen to the other half,i know there are Youth Leagues that were started recently but how many kids across the country participates,who Coaches them is the next problem.In my time Minor League was the thing,all our best players developed in Minor League Football not Colleges League,any where you go in the country had a Minor League and you could of play in any one you wanted too that's how we learned the game,people might say times have changed and i know that but the few Minor Leagues it have today have more crowds than a PFL game.

COOPS BREDREN IN THEORY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS RIGHT BUT IN PRACTISE IS ANOTHER STORY ALLRIGHT.
YOUR ERA AND MY ERA WERE DIFFERENT. IN YOUR ERA THERE WERE PROBABLY NO YOUTH LEAGUES EXCEPT SSFL. WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING OVER THE YEARS  BECAUSE I PLAYED YOUTH FOOTBALL IN THE NORTH ZONE IN DE 90'S IS TTFF ZONAL YOUTH LEAGUES FROM UNDER 10 TO UNDER 19. THEY HAVE EVEN GOT A PRO LEAGUE YOUTH DIVISION AT THE MOMENT.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT ALL CLUBS ARE NOT REPRESENTED BAR A HANDFULL IN TYHE ZONAL YOUTH LEAGUES. NOW FOR THE TTFF TO SORT THIS OUT AND THIS MIGHT SOUND A BIT CONTROVERSIAL THEY NEED TO GET ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS HOUSE IN ORDER AND BY THAT I MEAN THEIR COMMITMENT TO LOCAL FOOTBALL.
 FOR INSTANCE TEAMS THAT ARE PLAYING SENIOR DIVISION FOOTBALL ARE STILL WINNING GAMES BY DEFAULT. NOW HOW SERIOUS ARE THESE FOOTBALL CLUBS IF THEY CANNOT EVEN GET 11 BIG MEN TO TURN UP. YUH SEE WHEY AH COMIN FROM.
IT STARTS WITH COMMITTMENT BOTH FROM ALL LOCAL ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUBS TO THE TTFF  NOT THE MINOR LEAGUE THE DAYS FOR THAT ARE DONE. FORWARD EVER BACKWARD NEVER.
THIS WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION SHOULD BE THE CATALYST FOR DEVELOPMENT BUT I AM WAITING IN THE SHADOWS TO SEE
 WHAT IS GOIN TO HAPPEN. WE NEED TO HAVE A SUITABLE PROMOTION AND RELEGATION SYSTEM IN PLACE SO AS TO ALLOW  SOME TEAMS  THE CHANCE TO DEVELOP AND PROMOTE THEMSELVES ON A HIGHER PLATFORM.
AND FOR ALL WHO DO NOT KNOW SOME OF THE PLAYERS THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THESE LEAGUES ARE:CARLOS EDWARDS, ANTON PIERRE, NIGEL PIERRE, KERWYN JEMMOTT ECT. SO THERE ARE GOOD PLAYERS IN ZONAL YOUTH LEAGUES. HAVE A LOOK JUST GO AND SEE FUH YUHSELF.
BUT THERE IS ONE THING I CAN SAY IS THAT IF IT WASN'T FOR THEM YOU WOULD NOT BE SEEING A LOT OF THESE PLAYERS ON THE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO TEAM TODAY BREDREN.
SOME NAMES I CAN CALL ARE MERVYN "GAMBA" MORRIS, DADDA, DANNY, AND CARLOS EDWARDS COACH FROM SINCE HE WAS WITH PATNA UNDER 12 I CANNOT REMEMBER HIS NAME. ALL THESE BREDRENS THAT I CALL MAY NOT BE WORLD CLASS COACHES BUT  THEY DO IT FUH DE LOVE OF THE GAME DRED.
BEENIE SEEING THE TALENT BUT HE IN SEEING MUCH STRUCTURE IN LOCAL FOOTBALL SO THAT PROBABLY HURTING HIM. IN HOLLAND MOST IF NOT ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS HAVE YOUTH TEAMS REPRESENTING THEM.
NUFF RESPECT COOPS I JUST THOUGHT I GO GIVE YUH AH LITTLE INSIGHT INTO THE THING.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

can you please lay orf de caps lock  breds, it is very difficult to read your posts dem and please use spaceing.

I am sure yuh have lots to contribuite, but it real hard to read yuh statements

please

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 06:44:26 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

can you please lay orf de caps lock  breds, it is very difficult to read your posts dem and please use spaceing.

I am sure yuh have lots to contribuite, but it real hard to read yuh statements

please

Fuh real.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 06:46:38 PM »
Rastafari well done,i like your post your statements and views are valid,i know the way  things were done yesterday can't be applied today,i just tries to bring back memories of the good old days.

I'm not trying to be critical of any one because i'm a product of the system we have at home so i know what it's like,is just being out here have opened my eyes,i coached our national teams and did not have a certificate just did the best i could with the experience i had.I know Dadda and some of these guys personally,they are real dedicated and committed to the game (good Coaches)is just that the powers that be will not help them elevate themselves.

I'm not trying to tell any one what they should or should not do but what ever they are doing where youth Football is concerned should be done all over the country,that's why i support what Lincoln is trying to do because it's the sensible thing to do.

I know some people feel us qualifying for the WC is the end of our problems in Football,no Breds it's the start of even more problems because things we did not have before will have to be put in place to maintain the level we have reached.The eyes of the world are on us T&T are we going to stop now?

The bottom line is i know we all mean good for T&T Football,we all know and see the problems we have today but there isn't much we can do as individuals,lets give our support in the best way we can.    

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 07:39:55 PM »
Coop's, I agree...additionally...I see the problems we are getting in a positive light. Not that they are new porblems but it is more in the lime light now and has more of an audiience.

Before when these problems was expressed, it was a tree fallin in the forrest..but no one was there to hear it!

I think with all the xposure of new and old problems it is creating a work in progress and at the end of the day I am sure TNT will better for it.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 07:49:29 PM »
Rastafari well done,i like your post your statements and views are valid,i know the way  things were done yesterday can't be applied today,i just tries to bring back memories of the good old days.

I'm not trying to be critical of any one because i'm a product of the system we have at home so i know what it's like,is just being out here have opened my eyes,i coached our national teams and did not have a certificate just did the best i could with the experience i had.I know Dadda and some of these guys personally,they are real dedicated and committed to the game (good Coaches)is just that the powers that be will not help them elevate themselves.

I'm not trying to tell any one what they should or should not do but what ever they are doing where youth Football is concerned should be done all over the country,that's why i support what Lincoln is trying to do because it's the sensible thing to do.

I know some people feel us qualifying for the WC is the end of our problems in Football,no Breds it's the start of even more problems because things we did not have before will have to be put in place to maintain the level we have reached.The eyes of the world are on us T&T are we going to stop now?

The bottom line is i know we all mean good for T&T Football,we all know and see the problems we have today but there isn't much we can do as individuals,lets give our support in the best way we can.    

Respect  COOPS, first  of  all  i  want  to  say  thanks  for  all  the  work you
have  done  for  Trinidad and Tobago  football  in  them  hard  hard  times.
Secondly  i  am  assuming  that  most  people  on  this  site  supporting Lincoln.
Observer done  smell  the  rat  so the mark bust. Doh  worry  yuhself  Lincoln  come  from  your  era  to,  but he realise that he needed to implement new ideas  in order to help us progress to this stage. He is  using his wisdom now.
The problem is he has to face a fightdown from within the camp from a bunch of two faced right wingers who are trying to stop him from implementing his plan of action. We have to try and stop them because they will make a killing if they get even half a chance.
Talking about youth and local football, what has maple contributed to the game recently? I think the answer may be Dexter Skeene and  not much more.
Tallman help meh out with that one because i am not sure and when last did maple produce a youth team.
People open allyuh eyes because other people on this site helping me to see what is really going on behind the scenes.

COOPS all the best and i know yuh mean good.
Very good and meaningful post from the heart and i mean that.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005, 07:52:46 PM »
WE need to send that e-mail with our comments about LP to the TTFF
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2005, 08:13:34 PM »
I would like to say a special thanks to all you guys that have contributed to this Topic,i relish meaningfull conversation,i have learned and are more informed now about where our Youth Football is in T&T,we must always remember it's our future we playing with,it can't be neglected.The number one question will always be whose responsibility it is.
  Government/TTFF.   

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
star international footballers keep getting younger
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2005, 05:32:55 AM »
havent u noticed . When they call a player then he age ah does b real shock. then i look at the quality of our intercol and i have to shake mi head. we r leaving the development of our youth to school ball. this needs to be seriously addressed. we have the talent but as the west indies r learning talent is just 10%. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A SYSTEM THAT CAN DEVELOP OUR PLAYERS?

I THINK WE NEED A FOOTBALL( SPORTING) ACADEMY WHERE U LEARN BASIC ACADEMIC STUFF BUT YOUR FOCUS IS ON SPORT. A REVERSE TO WHAT OCCURRS NOW IN OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM

Mr jack warner made a great step by starting an u15 cfu tournament( if u followed that u would know that the final was between the two guest teams canada  and guatemala hmmmmmmmm)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What I think T&T could do to improve our FOOTBALL
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2005, 08:31:46 AM »
 Some schools actually try something like an academy but in a society which doesn't recognize institutions like this it is difficult...Let me explain...Some schools try to get the footballers to write the basic subjects while concentrating on football at the same time...They try to push for both academics and football....In such an competitive environment it is hard on a footballer to do so....
   If schools, were given license to exercise such programs it would develop our players tremendously...Special programs should be put in place in schools participating in SSFL to allow footballers to learn and pass the basic subjects(math, english, social studies, literature,integrated science) in their first year of writing CXC...the repeat year they could do subjects which they are interested in(business, chemistry, physics etc.)... If the player is able to do more and pass more subjects then he or she would be allowed to do so...As for A's and CAPE for a footballer(to write it in the same time as a regular student) is ridiculous...Players should be given a longer period to write...Part of their A level or CAPE education, should come from their school and part should come from the club, they enter after school and if they do have a chance to get into a club, They should do courses pertaining to the fields that they would like to enter after football....
 Nutrition is something that we do not take seriously..
   I find they should bring(back) a reserve league for the PFL...Probably the PFL reserves(most likely u23 players) could play in super league as the reserve league for them....The under 18 ,u 16 and u 14 are great ideas for PFL and should be kept...I think this will develop young players because it puts them on a competitive stage all the time...
    I also think they should be a fitness level for the entire league...TTFF officials who are qualified should assess all PFL clubs and make sure that they are above a certain fitness level... Of course the clubs would have to be given the requirements before they train their respective teams...Each club player will have to take a series of tests(physicals)....The TTFF should bring in a evaluation expert (they could use Beenhakker' staff who was willing to help the league)...
   It should also be a requirement for PFL clubs to academiclly educate players under a certain age and pay range and prepare them for jobs in availabe market...This is not expensive...and it will get younger players to understand that education is important even though they want to be professionals
  The problem is that none of these kinds of things exist so professional clubs are not really being 'professional.'
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 10:07:08 AM by Ponnoxx »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Youth development
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 07:42:20 AM »
What happened to this?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Youth development
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 08:21:32 AM »
Well we need Lp for this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>