April 27, 2024, 08:18:44 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Jamaica, the argument continues.  (Read 18452 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&T vs Jamaica, the argument continues.
« on: January 17, 2007, 06:26:13 AM »
I am fed up of some of them Jamaican punks on this board, I must say this...

Them Jamaicans love to bad talk T&T, though mind we lose a lot of games in the past and maybe present, but I must say this.

In the past 2 years T&T has accomplish many great things and still accomplishing. All these Jamaicans do is bark and they not accomplishing anything. Even Haiti doing great, so let them continue to bark like bad doverman with no teeth and see how far they will reach..... If only and ands they does bawl...

In 2005 we knocked Guatemala and Panama out of the runnings for the 2006 world cup. Panama a team that knock out Jamaica out of the runnings, we took revenge for them. RF almost caught a heart attack after that...

In 2006 we qualified for the 2006 world cup. And Jamaica benefitted from this as many teams wanted to play them in build up for T&T. England hit them 6 and got fouled in the process. We may not have scored a goal in the world cup, but we didn't come last, we also fielded a 99% local T&T born and bread team. And we fail to play our best player or else we might have beaten Paraguay (15mins) and maybe tie England.

In 2006 we were runners up to Haiti in the under 17 cup. Knocked out Jamaica in the process.

In 2006 we surrended to Jamaica in the under 20 play-offs. But only on goal difference and they still haven't accomplish anything even though they got by us... And to make it sweater two players from that T&T team still 17 and 18 signed for a club in Belgium two days ago.

In 2006 for the first time in history a Caribbean coach was name as head coach for a national team, none other than our very own Stephan Hart to lead Canada national senior team.

In 2007 we on the verge of qualifying for the gold cup. With a second string team made up of some college students, Jamaica tried but failed.

In 2007 our under 17 team is about to par-take in the under 17 qualifiers, where else, in Jamaica. Good luck T&T.....

In 2007 our women football team is the only team (USA & Canada apart) to compete at every gold cup event. We all got a raw deal this year, both T&T and Jamaica had one chance, Jamaica got the easy opponent this time around, but they did good to get by Panama, we were booted out be Mexico.

In 2007 our clubs is about to compete in the CONCACAF Champions Cup and we have Jamaican club Harbour View on the menu.

In 2007 we have now widen our pool of players, we may not win our 9th caribbean title but we did accomplish something.

Jamaica may reach a semis but they not accomplishing anything. All they do is try to be-little T&T, why, because they are jealous. Even Haiti and Guadeloupe supported us at the world cup, in fact I am sure we won all of fans and support. All they can look forward to is recurting foreign born players and look to Luton Shelton who sign for a team on its was back to the Championship League, not a bad player, but still ins't an accomplishment its not like he sign for some big team. Dwight Yorke accomplished something no other Caribbean player could ever dream of accomplishing, he made millions too, born and bread in T&T !!!!!!!

T&T players, born and bread have grace the higest level of football in the world, we may not have any T&T players in the Premiership, but at least I still get to see Trinis play there like Bobby Zamora (West Ham), Justin Hoyte (Arsenal) and T&T born Jlloyd Samuel (Aston Villa). We also have two Scottish Premiership players at the moment and 38 year old Russell Latapy is still the best midfielder in Scotland to date, while Theodore Withmore rolling gan-jah in Montego Bay and bulling de sand...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:54:34 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rivals T&T vs Jamaica, the argument continues.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 06:57:47 AM »
Sam...don't get me wrong, as our main regional rivals, belittling JA's sucess is dam good fun ;D, but this post reeks of insecurity and I eh too sure about some of them 'accomplishments' that you listed. Who cares what a handful of posters say about T&T..last I check we give as good as we get. All part of the fun of having a lil rivalry.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Jamaica, the argument continues.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:02:59 AM »
I glad for de ole talk, I just wanted to clear up a few things nah..... whether you feel we accomplish little we still accomplish something....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:16:47 AM »
Can we just get along?

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 07:42:30 AM »
Sam we have to be careful about Jamaica, they are capable of cutting we arse.

The fact that they are out of the Gold Cup may be a blessing for them.

They are off the Radar screen and the next time people see them play will be in the qualifiers.

Jamaica have a lot going for them

1) They are naturally very athletic and fit. (Much more so that Trinis) This is an important fact when come to football because with fitness and speed you can compete with any team in the world given that you use the right tactics.

2) The have depth in players to choose from in Europe and America. Much more than Trinidad both in terms of jamaican born and jamaican qualified.

3) They now have a good coach, Bora knows what it takes to qualify out of concacaf so you know jamaica will be ready. He also basically has 2 years to work with a local group under no pressure to develop a core team when added to those based in US and Europe so look for Jamaica to come strong.
Especially if they get an easy first 2 groups to work out the kinks.

jamaica is a real threat to one of the concacaf spots.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:56:28 AM »
I glad for de ole talk, I just wanted to clear up a few things nah..... whether you feel we accomplish little we still accomplish something....

nah..when I say I not sure about the 'accomplishments', is not that I feel we accomplish little, I just not sure I would include some of the things you listed as accomplishments. I actually think we have accomnplished quite a lot for our size

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 09:14:34 AM »

They are off the Radar screen and the next time people see them play will be in the qualifiers.

1) They are naturally very athletic and fit. (Much more so that Trinis) This is an important fact when come to football because with fitness and speed you can compete with any team in the world given that you use the right tactics.

2) The have depth in players to choose from in Europe and America. Much more than Trinidad both in terms of jamaican born and jamaican qualified.

3) They now have a good coach, Bora knows what it takes to qualify out of concacaf so you know jamaica will be ready. He also basically has 2 years to work with a local group under no pressure to develop a core team when added to those based in US and Europe so look for Jamaica to come strong.

KND you mad....how Jamaicans "much more naturally athletic and fit than Trinis?" dah is ole talk bait or wha?
And they might have a larger population pool but do they have better quality overall? Hell no!!
The only good thing about that yuh just say is not even de part about Bora, but that he has 2 years to develop a LOCAL squad. But then again, isn't that what we are currently doing? They late.

Trust me....there is shortly about to be an explosion of football and footballers in Trini. We are about to draw away from CFU, including Jamaica.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 09:33:40 AM »

Speak for yourself KND, maybe in Trincity where you from allyuh fraid Jamaicans.... people is people once yuh heart in it you will do good...... all teams are forces now, whether Jamaica or Guayana we have to respect all teams.... you counting T&T out and de journey eh even start. Real asshole business you does deal with.... you is a punk....

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:13:35 AM »
Sam
Where did you see I said to Count TnT out

You making up facts now,

I did not even once mention TnT in my entire post

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 10:17:50 AM »

Them Jamaicans love to bad talk T&T, though mind we lose a lot of games in the past and maybe present, but I must say this.

In the past 2 years T&T has accomplish many great things and still accomplishing. All these Jamaicans do is bark and they not accomplishing anything. Even Haiti doing great, so let them continue to bark like bad doverman with no teeth and see how far they will reach..... If only and ands they does bawl...

In 2005 we knocked Guatemala and Panama out of the runnings for the 2006 world cup. Panama a team that knock out Jamaica out of the runnings, we took revenge for them. RF almost caught a heart attack after that...

In 2006 we qualified for the 2006 world cup. And Jamaica benefitted from this as many teams wanted to play them in build up for T&T. England hit them 6 and got fouled in the process. We may not have scored a goal in the world cup, but we didn't come last, we also fielded a 99% local T&T born and bread team. And we fail to play our best player or else we might have beaten Paraguay (15mins) and maybe tie England.

In 2006 we were runners up to Haiti in the under 17 cup. Knocked out Jamaica in the process.

In 2006 we surrended to Jamaica in the under 20 play-offs. But only on goal difference and they still haven't accomplish anything even though they got by us... And to make it sweater two players from that T&T team still 17 and 18 signed for a club in Belgium two days ago.

In 2006 for the first time in history a Caribbean coach was name as head coach for a national team, none other than our very own Stephan Hart to lead Canada national senior team.

In 2007 we on the verge of qualifying for the gold cup. With a second string team made up of some college students, Jamaica tried but failed.

In 2007 our under 17 team is about to par-take in the under 17 qualifiers, where else, in Jamaica. Good luck T&T.....

In 2007 our women football team is the only team (USA & Canada apart) to compete at every gold cup event. We all got a raw deal this year, both T&T and Jamaica had one chance, Jamaica got the easy opponent this time around, but they did good to get by Panama, we were booted out be Mexico.

In 2007 our clubs is about to compete in the CONCACAF Champions Cup and we have Jamaican club Harbour View on the menu.

In 2007 we have now widen our pool of players, we may not win our 9th caribbean title but we did accomplish something.

Jamaica may reach a semis but they not accomplishing anything. All they do is try to be-little T&T, why, because they are jealous. Even Haiti and Guadeloupe supported us at the world cup, in fact I am sure we won all of fans and support. All they can look forward to is recurting foreign born players and look to Luton Shelton who sign for a team on its was back to the Championship League, not a bad player, but still ins't an accomplishment its not like he sign for some big team. Dwight Yorke accomplished something no other Caribbean player could ever dream of accomplishing, he made millions too, born and bread in T&T !!!!!!!

T&T players, born and bread have grace the higest level of football in the world, we may not have any T&T players in the Premiership, but at least I still get to see Trinis play there like Bobby Zamora (West Ham), Justin Hoyte (Arsenal) and T&T born Jlloyd Samuel (Aston Villa). We also have two Scottish Premiership players at the moment and 38 year old Russell Latapy is still the best midfielder in Scotland to date, while Theodore Withmore rolling gan-jah in Montego Bay and bulling de sand...
Is it jelousy or rivalry. Is it Jamaica moving backward or T&T moving forward. Your argument is full of contradictions. On the positive it's all about T&T's accomplishments in the past two years and belittling Jamaica in the same statement even when both teams have met with Jamaica coming out on top 80% of the time.

#1 You qualified for the World Cup with a foreign coach.

#2 The friendly with England was planned months before T&T qualified for the World Cup.

#3  Jack Warner changed the format of the Caribbean U-16 Youth Cup in the midst of the tournament to ensure that T&T did not play Canada (2005 winners) in the knockout round and place Jamaica with all the guest teams and ensure that Jamaica was not part of the Caribbean set-up.

#4  ??? ??? I thought advancing to the final round was an accomplishment all by itself.  ??? ???

#5  ??? ??? ???

#6 Convienent now that a "second string" has qualified for the Gold Cup. Hmm! Words of curse change to words of praise in just a few days.

#7 What can I say...... ??? ???

#8 This is a wait and see topic.

#9 Ditto

#10 Don't forget the three Portmore players that have been loaned out to a Belgian club.

#11 I honestly cannot understand your argument about Jamaica recruiting foreign-based players and then mention Bobby Zamora and other foreign-based Trinis. What's that about.
And I not know that Tappa smoke gan-jah. Never even seen him with a cigarette.  ??? ??? ???  
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 10:38:48 AM »

#2 The friendly with England was planned months before T&T qualified for the World Cup.

#3  Jack Warner changed the format of the Caribbean U-16 Youth Cup in the midst of the tournament to ensure that T&T did not play Canada (2005 winners) in the knockout round and place Jamaica with all the guest teams and ensure that Jamaica was not part of the Caribbean set-up.

Oh really  is that so i tell you
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »

knd smokin the same ganja like whitmore in mo bay, what kinda garbage u talking breddah, how all of a sudden our players are less fit and capable than ja? ??? ja not even in the digicel or gold cup and u talking that garbage, schupssssssss, jamaica will be a threat just as canada, mexico and the us, yes i agree but doh get tie up and feel tt have no talent like ja and we not ready, this local and us based team we have here could share licks tuh any big side in concacaf with the right prep and enough time together to gel...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »

Yuh talkin real rubbish dey.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 01:39:55 PM »

Explain.....!
jjbrown

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 02:04:48 PM »

Explain.....!

Explained

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4585230.stm

England to face Uruguay & Jamaica

Last Updated: Thursday, 5 January 2006, 17:15 GMT

England have added two matches to their World Cup warm-up schedule with games against Uruguay at Anfield on 1 March and Jamaica at Wembley on 3 June.

Boss Sven-Goran Eriksson wanted to face Caribbean opposition before his side play Trinidad and Tobago in Germany.

He told the Football Association's website: "Jamaica will have a similar style to Trinidad and Tobago.".....

....Eriksson said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to finalise these fixtures quickly and am very pleased with our opponents."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:06:56 PM by Ryan »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »

Explain.....!

Explained

England have added two matches to their World Cup warm-up schedule with games against Uruguay at Anfield on 1 March and Jamaica at Wembley on 3 June.

Boss Sven-Goran Eriksson wanted to face Caribbean opposition before his side play Trinidad and Tobago in Germany.

He told the Football Association's website: "Jamaica will have a similar style to Trinidad and Tobago.".....

....Eriksson said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to finalise these fixtures quickly and am very pleased with our opponents."
Accurate infomation. Also accurate is President Boxhill's annoucing in early 2005 that the JFF was in negotiations with nations for the REGGAE BOYZ to play a friendly match a month leading up to the World Cup. Now what were the odds of Ghana and England not being a part of those negotiations.  ??? ??? 
jjbrown

Offline sportscolonel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 03:04:53 PM »
Historically Trinidad has accomplished A LOT more than Jamaica...late 90's Jamaica accomplished more...the lifetime record between the 2 teams is something like 25-24-7 to Trinidad...so its pretty even...but based on History i say Trinidad wins the battle

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 03:07:44 PM »
Historically Trinidad has accomplished A LOT more than Jamaica...late 90's Jamaica accomplished more...the lifetime record between the 2 teams is something like 25-24-7 to Trinidad...so its pretty even...but based on History i say Trinidad wins the battle

this ensuing battle will always continue, the 2 most influential islands in the west indies, plus we are both known worldwide, it is bount to happen that we clash, we have patriotic people in both islands and our culture has followed us anywhere we go, so we will always battle.. i think it is a healthy rivalry... :beermug:

Offline sportscolonel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 03:10:31 PM »
definitely....the only thing missing from the on the field rivalry is a match at the gold cup...the 2 have never met in the Gold Cup.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »
The only correction I see Sam is that I would put this team as a C string, not B with not match time together...

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »

Explain.....!

Explained

Accurate infomation. Also accurate is President Boxhill's annoucing in early 2005 that the JFF was in negotiations with nations for the REGGAE BOYZ to play a friendly match a month leading up to the World Cup. Now what were the odds of Ghana and England not being a part of those negotiations.  ??? ???  

on this site you need to show yuh proof before anyone takes you serious padnah. Other than that yu just blowing smoke.

I like the old talk though........... but this whole TT vs JA thing getting seriously old. If they not supporting us ...so what .....we bigger than that .... i'm sure TT will still support them regardless

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 03:34:08 PM »

Explain.....!

Explained

Accurate infomation. Also accurate is President Boxhill's annoucing in early 2005 that the JFF was in negotiations with nations for the REGGAE BOYZ to play a friendly match a month leading up to the World Cup. Now what were the odds of Ghana and England not being a part of those negotiations.  ??? ???  

on this site you need to show yuh proof before anyone takes you serious padnah. Other than that yu just blowing smoke.

I like the old talk though........... but this whole TT vs JA thing getting seriously old. If they not supporting us ...so what .....we bigger than that .... i'm sure TT will still support them regardless

:beermug:
True. Unfortunately the news was announced on a Jamaica night sports programme. And the rivalry between Jamaica and T&T will never get old. This is a generation-old rivalry.
jjbrown

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 05:17:59 PM »

Most of that is bull. When Trini played in WC, most people out here were bringing T&T. When I was working at my summer job, in almost every office there was a Trini flag and a Brazil flag and everyone cried out when England buss up unnuh net(not me of course, I was only interested in the Paraguay match that I bet u would win, losin my $$ in the process). Hey fish bwoy triniman u nuh pay me back yet.

Lot of the things u list there are not what I would call accomplishments, if they are in your opinion, u need to set your standards higher.

If ranking 91 at the end of last year is an accomplishment to you then hey, knock yourself out. The reason why Jamaica will always be better(ranked 57) than Trini is our demand for  success. If Jamaica went to the WC and ended up ranked 91 at the end of the yr I'm sure that we wouldn't be as proud as u are today. People would  be calling for heads to roll but not in Trinidad, u still proud after a bad year.

We also have players of Jamaican decent playing in the premiership but we don't mention them. No need to. Obviously u bring them up because u have no other choice.

What should we be jealous of? Ranking 91? Having only 2 players playing in a top league? Wake up bredda. Trinidad been going downhill and u have no youngsters to step up to the plate when Yorke and Latapy get arthritis. We have players constantly coming forth, steppin up to replace the older heads.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 05:28:18 PM »

Most of that is bull. When Trini played in WC, most people out here were bringing T&T. When I was working at my summer job, in almost every office there was a Trini flag and a Brazil flag and everyone cried out when England buss up unnuh net(not me of course, I was only interested in the Paraguay match that I bet u would win, losin my $$ in the process). Hey fish bwoy triniman u nuh pay me back yet.

Lot of the things u list there are not what I would call accomplishments, if they are in your opinion, u need to set your standards higher.

If ranking 91 at the end of last year is an accomplishment to you then hey, knock yourself out. The reason why Jamaica will always be better(ranked 57) than Trini is our demand for  success. If Jamaica went to the WC and ended up ranked 91 at the end of the yr I'm sure that we wouldn't be as proud as u are today. People would  be calling for heads to roll but not in Trinidad, u still proud after a bad year.

We also have players of Jamaican decent playing in the premiership but we don't mention them. No need to. Obviously u bring them up because u have no other choice.

What should we be jealous of? Ranking 91? Having only 2 players playing in a top league? Wake up bredda. Trinidad been going downhill and u have no youngsters to step up to the plate when Yorke and Latapy get arthritis. We have players constantly coming forth, steppin up to replace the older heads.

Aye the WC is in 3 year and davis club eh sure to stay up...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »
Accurate infomation. Also accurate is President Boxhill's annoucing in early 2005 that the JFF was in negotiations with nations for the REGGAE BOYZ to play a friendly match a month leading up to the World Cup. Now what were the odds of Ghana and England not being a part of those negotiations.  ??? ??? 

:rotfl: yuh special

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »
Jamaica is shit !!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!! they rate over SVG and yet SVG booth them out of the gold cup.... steups.... !!!! FIFA ranking bogus...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 06:25:26 PM »
Jamaica is shit !!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!! they rate over SVG and yet SVG booth them out of the gold cup.... steups.... !!!! FIFA ranking bogus...
Could say the same about T&T being knocked out the U-20 World Cup by Jamaica and the same will happen when Jamaica knock T&T out of the U-17 World Cup qualifiers in April.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 06:28:09 PM »
Could say the same about T&T being knocked out the U-20 World Cup by Jamaica and the same will happen when Jamaica knock T&T out of the U-17 World Cup qualifiers in April.

wha jamaica qualifying steeps

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »

wha jamaica qualifying steeps
I realize if I was a Trini I would say the same thing.  ;D ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 11:28:06 PM »

We under 17's cut alyuh arse last year and we'll do it again for the qualifiers...Ah promise!!!
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

1]; } ?>