April 27, 2024, 09:26:41 AM

Author Topic: Coventry sack Micky Adams  (Read 2748 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Coventry sack Micky Adams
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:19:15 AM »
News now breaking on Sky Sports News...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Coventry sack Micky Adams
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:20:42 AM »
Adams sacked as Coventry manager
bbc.co.uk

Coventry boss Micky Adams has been sacked in the wake of the FA Cup third round defeat at home to Bristol City.

Adams' fate was sealed at a board meeting held at the Ricoh Arena after a dismal sequence of results.

He said: "I'm devastated and bitterly disappointed. I wish the club every success in the future, but sadly I won't be part of it.

"It's not been a disastrous tenure and that's what I can't understand. I felt I could have turned it around."

A Coventry statement read: "This is a decision that the board of Coventry City Football Club has not taken lightly.

"Everyone at the club has supported Micky 100%, but unfortunately, results have not gone as well as we all anticipated given the substantial investment in the team.

"We are committed to our three-year quest to get Coventry City back into the Premiership and believe that tough decisions like this will sometimes be needed to fulfil that aim as is sadly the case today.

Adams admitted the sale of Gary McSheffrey to Championship rivals Birmingham City had been a crucial setback.

He said: "The sale of Gary McSheffrey was a big turning point for everybody because he is a quality player and you can't replace quality players that easily."

Adams will seek a swift return to football after the end of his two-year reign at Coventry.

He said: "I want to get back into work as soon as I can."

Coventry managing director Paul Fletcher issued an ominous message after the loss against Bristol City left angry fans demanding Adams' dismissal.

He said: "Micky Adams is an absolutely lovely guy but it just isn't working for him at present.

"He is not getting results and that is what he is paid to do. We are all answerable at the end of the day."

But Adams refused to criticise the Coventry board, saying: "I'm not here to throw stones at people because I've got too much respect for everyone at the club, including the chairman and the board.

"I have been supported as well as I could have been."

Coventry's recent slump started with a 5-0 demolition by West Brom and they have earned just one point from their last six league games.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »
hopefully a new mgr will turn things around and Birchall can work his way back into the squad.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:27:01 AM »
it's about f@cking time.  hopefully Birchall go get a run now

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 08:17:30 AM »
But yu could see dat coming, and yes I hope Chris will finally get some playing time :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »
stern too  ;D

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:45:07 AM »
But yu could see dat coming, and yes I hope Chris will finally get some playing time :beermug:

Or it could be the flip side and the new manager doesn't like any of them and they get less playing time. We know sometimes that happens.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »
This is good news.  ;D

Birchall will hopefully get a chance now, although it is not yet certain for Stern.  He is currently in the middle of a raging bidding war between Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona.   ;)   ;D
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 08:51:23 AM »

Or it could be the flip side and the new manager doesn't like any of them and they get less playing time. We know sometimes that happens.

Yu might be right but let's hope dat I got dis down pack and Stern, Chris go see more green under dey boots rather dan white pine under dey a**.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:45:58 AM »
Well, personally it is not too good for Stern, Birchall.... difficult to say as even the Coventry fans eh sure what tuh say bout him as he does virtually never play. After the game nuff Coventry fans was calling in on the BBC radio station '5 live' to express their discontent. I'd say about 70% of the calls were from Coventry Fans. Most abused Adams but the only other individual singled out for a slating was.....yep, you guessed it Stern. It even had ah fella call in and say he would prefer Dele Adebola to Stern anyday...even if Adebola play crap every game as Stern eh got no commitment tuh the club. It is now an interesting time, some managers does come in and make selections to appease the fans...if that is the case Stern go be riding the pine till relegation day! At this moment in time, regardless of manager, Stern have tuh get ah miraculous return of goals to get them fans off his back.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:07 AM »
At this moment in time, regardless of manager, Stern have tuh get ah miraculous return of goals to get them fans off his back.

Yuh memory short...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 11:05:13 AM »
Good riddance to Micky Adams. Sick of his manipulation of Stern John and Birchall. If yuh doh play those 2 yuh bound to lorse. Duh! He refused to admit class when he see it. So ride out!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 11:08:26 AM »
lets hope the new manager doesnt come in and clean house
Hopefully he plays Stern and Chris MORE!!!!
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 12:35:47 PM »
That was coming long time.  Adams is an kinda of whimsical manager who does easily forget he last statement.  Was never Premership quality and cyar even cut in the Championship.  Good riddance.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
This is good news.  ;D

Birchall will hopefully get a chance now, although it is not yet certain for Stern.  He is currently in the middle of a raging bidding war between Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona.   ;)   ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »
It was always coming...

He team doin shit and he eh even givin Birchy a chance... which made no f**kin sense benchin him when de man was ranked plenty high in the championship in overall statistics...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 04:31:06 PM »
Payback is ah bitch,and every dog has his day,all the best of luck to stern and birchey...... 

1]; } ?>