April 19, 2024, 10:13:35 AM

Poll

Can we beat Concacaf's best in the Gold Cup?

Yes
No
Team needs more time
Yes with World Cup veterans
Maybe

Author Topic: WARRIORS REALITY CHECK  (Read 7150 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
WARRIORS REALITY CHECK
« on: January 17, 2007, 09:07:18 AM »
So are we ready for the Gold Cup using the present team or are we strongest with the overseas pros?

My personal feeling is that we have a decent mix of 22 solid players that with the right preparation can beat every team in the Gold Cup!

How all yuh feelling about our chances once we qualify
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:12:10 AM by grskywalker »

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS REALITY CHECK
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »
My heart says yes my mind says maybe.

We still doh have a settled defense. When the defense iron out then I will be in accord.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »
My heart says yes my mind says maybe.

We still doh have a settled defense. When the defense iron out then I will be in accord.
i second that. from whats i saw in that game against bdos we need to get some guys in the back especially in the right back. also our mid field is lacking a man that cn dominate the game or tke controll of the pace(pace setter)
All American

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:44:29 AM »
So are we ready for the Gold Cup using the present team or are we strongest with the overseas pros?

My personal feeling is that we have a decent mix of 22 solid players that with the right preparation can beat every team in the Gold Cup!

Please..let's actually qualify for the Gold Cup before you get too giddy  ???

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:54:37 AM »
Alyuh real excitable.

We cyar even beat the USA with we Germany squad but after struggling with Bimshire you feel we winning Gold Cup.

Don't get carried away, let us creep before we walk.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 11:01:54 AM »
Alyuh real excitable.

We cyar even beat the USA with we Germany squad but after struggling with Bimshire you feel we winning Gold Cup.

:rotfl: :rotfl: breddah you need to refrain from analyzing for a while bc you lookin bad doing it breds, wat make you feel we couldnt beat the US with the germany squad? ??? real idiotic comment if you ask me, and yes this current team can beat de bess in the gold cup, once again you gone off with your negative comments, then yuh coming with a match report full of praise..schupssssss

God is de BOSS...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:23 AM »
The defense is not ready, therefore the team is not ready. No defense => No game. Also the defensive mid needs some work. Yes we would get slaughtered with this team in Concacaf but it is still a good team for development and to be mixed and blooded with the senior players when the big Concaccaf games come up
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
Alyuh real excitable.
:rotfl: :rotfl: breddah you need to refrain from analyzing for a while bc you lookin bad doing it breds, wat make you feel we couldnt beat the US with the germany squad? ??? real idiotic comment if you ask me, and yes this current team can beat de bess in the gold cup, once again you gone off with your negative comments, then yuh coming with a match report full of praise..schupssssss
God is de BOSS...
there is a scale called from "Reality to Blind Optimism"
Reality.........*...................................................................Blind Faith/Optimism.....................*
some people are within that scale, but others are way beyond the right side.
I know is opinions eh...but oh gaum.....
I sure dis thread go turn into a Commercial for THE onlyest player on the TnT team.
sometimes I wonder WHY the selectors even waste their time to pick the OTHER 22 players. ::)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:18:11 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 11:16:58 AM »
I think the defense also needs to get more help from the midfield. Tiger is the only midfielder who is consistently tracking back to help the back four. Kerry, Densill and Jemmot don't have enough of a defensive presence for my liking.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 11:18:36 AM »
Alyuh real excitable.

:rotfl: :rotfl: breddah you need to refrain from analyzing for a while bc you lookin bad doing it breds, wat make you feel we couldnt beat the US with the germany squad? ???

11 shots to 1... or 0 ...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »
« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:16:58 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the defense also needs to get more help from the midfield. Tiger is the only midfielder who is consistently tracking back to help the back four. Kerry, Densill and Jemmot don't have enough of a defensive presence for my liking.

I don't think this is totally true. I watch the first half of the Barbados game and the mids were a playinga little deep thus giving the defense time to make 2 and 3 tackles. Granted the mids weren't sliding in, but they were delaying the forward pass decently. The defense needs to be held accountable. They are not quick in organising their shape, lack of communication and their timing is way off.

If you look at the game again, the player on the right kept on dumping the ball into the middle up top. Whenever we did play through the middle it was fairly productive, in creating attacking movement.

We want to see total football and we have to accept we would not see that yet, even if we bring the Latas...and all the other superstars, it just would not happen.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 11:51:48 AM »
Alyuh real excitable.

Agree Touches, let us not get carried away.

I dont think our C team can beat the likes of Costa Rica, USA, Mexico, Guatemala.

If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 12:19:03 PM »
TI,

I not refraining from trying to put some sense into your head, and I am not looking bad atall.

You doe see the match from them video clip, you dont see all the off the ball runs and potential danger. If is anybody looking bad is YOU.

We played them twice and we lost (Germany team)...we were also embarrassed by the USA in the away game. We have never beaten them in any WC qualifier. We have beaten them in a fete match in POS...called the return. Nuttin competitive.

We always look bad vs Costa Rica and never beat them in a WCQ.

We are always outplayed vs Mexico even if we win. Only the game in the Oval were we competitive.

Do you remember the last Gold Cup? Did you see the embarressment we got when Colombia wash we arse.

TI more than ever I am convinced you and a few on this board living in a dream world when it come to TT ball.

They have only one team TT could say they own....Panama, everybody else could cut we arse if they ready.

Before alyuh get excited, lets win the Digicel cup first nah or pull off a win in Costa Rica when we play them a friendly.

Also take nuttin away from our draw with sweden or loss to England. But we ent play nuttin to suggest we would WIN the game. It was always a hope for the best.

TI take orf yuh red trinbago/hardest goggles....Stop playing Supertrini.

Also I telling alyuh this....the ones who asking the most questions on the board, the ones who most fanatical and the most optimistic...ARE THE ONES WHO NOT HERE SEEING THE TING LIVE WITH THEY OWN EYE.

You do yuh ting breds and let me do mine. You be optimist and I go tell it like it is.

Also I doe rate no Caribbean team(maybe Jamaica).....but you and others does drop alyuh standards conveniently to promote mediocrity.

Is not that the St's and Bdos and Haiti improve by no drastic level. It is simply OUR LEVEL Drop off bad bad and instead of fixing the problems we find excuses and contrive ways and means to justify the shit we do and the bad preparation.

Go back and find the post I type about us being bright cxc students but want to do university exam. (nuttin has changed since then) In fact we regress and we done sign up for remedial.

Anyway TI lets see how the tournament progresses shall we.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »
Alyuh real excitable.

God is de BOSS...

TI with he b*llshit again.  Boss do you really think before yuh post on this site.  That current Trinidad team will not be able to beat the US local pool, much less for a team with a tinge of foreign injection of players.  Our present squad is penetrated too easily.  Wim said it himself; he had the jitters a few times when the ball was in our defensive third.  We got a long way to go, before we start measuring this squad to our Concacaf opponents.  How about focusing on beating Haiti?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »

Allyuh forget who does play in the Gold Cup???
USA
Mexico
Panama
Costa Rica

beat every team yuh say   My God!!!

we aint even beat every team in the Digicel.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 01:17:27 PM »
If I am not mistaken we have beaten Panama in our last three outings

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 01:17:54 PM »

Is not that the St's and Bdos and Haiti improve by no drastic level. It is simply OUR LEVEL Drop off bad bad and instead of fixing the problems we find excuses and contrive ways and means to justify the shit we do and the bad preparation.

Go back and find the post I type about us being bright cxc students but want to do university exam. (nuttin has changed since then) In fact we regress and we done sign up for remedial.

Anyway TI lets see how the tournament progresses shall we.

Touches you are a true diplomat !...and you have a lot of patience too .
 I agree with you about the standards being lowered and i say this not having seen a game live in this Cup. When i read things like ..men kyah trap, pass or even tackle I must wonder about the state of today's game even if we win 5-0 or 10-0 .
Many forumites just blow with the results..we win de team good , we lose de team bad ! When i used to coach I would say there is a certain minimum standard to which all players should aspire. i didn't feel satisfied if a player could not make a proper pass...even if the ball reached the intended target. As a coach I felt that I needed to see a better team player with good fundamentals, after some time.
The game is a passing game played by individuals playing as a team.... that is of course only my assessment and i make no claim to being an authority.
I remember a T&T team ( defence force to be exact ) playing and losing at the Arima stadium in what is still for me the best performance by a T&T team on local soil. Those who were there to see them lose by a single goal to argentina juniors with players fresh from the world cup finals would know what I mean.
They lost ! ...but they played well tactically, technically and physically. They were playing for the right to represent the region at the world club championship. They were the Concacaf chamipons and deservedly so.
Nowadays we have senior players who have not yet mastered the basics or can do the right things often enough to convince the onlooker.
A reality check is really needed at this time. I am sure those who see some of the old stagers play even today dont see some of the elementary mistakes we see and read about on our senior teams. Check on the ratings of the under 20 team, under 17 team, under 23 team ..... not so good huh ? well these players would gravitate to the seniors and you know what ?...with the same diffencies not corrected.
So TI ,and i know you will see this ...it is not about any hate for any player or any lack of love for your country, it simply is telling it like it is. If you medical doctor paid you any less courtesy he might remain your friend but where would you be ?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »

were not the foreign based in the team the last outtings?
was not the last one Stern's 100 cap?

two completly diff teams.

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
Touches boy fight the good fight.  I am pretty much an observer now for the same reason for to say anything objective is to be branded crying down the team etc.  Sometimes people on this board are so laughably outlandish in their comments that it is not even funny.  Just look at the threads: Densil is a Premiership midfielder (although he couldn't make the bench for a second tier SPL team).  Hardest is a big talent (despite that he can't distinguish himself against side like B'dos and Martinique).  We could win the GCup with this current B side despite getting cut arse time and time again when we at full strength.  BTW, what is our record in the past 5 years against CRica, USA and Mexico. I know that we all support T&T but some reasoned discourseplease.  Anyway, Touches be that voice of reason

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »

USA
Mexico
Panama
Costa Rica

Mr Mc yuh pick out one line there and run wit it, did you see what I wrote before you did the highlight.
Well it seems that most responses have been on the negative, yet very few people have voted NO and 37% think we can win with the help of our veterans. Interesting eh hmmmmmm   :thinking: :thinking:
hey I just posed the question
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:30:32 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »

USA
Mexico
Panama
Costa Rica

Mr Mc yuh pick out one line there and run wit it, did you see what I wrote before you did the highlight.
Well it seems that most responses have been on the negative, yet very few people have voted NO and 37% think we can win with the help of our veterans. Interesting eh hmmmmmm   :thinking: :thinking:
hey I just posed the question
Yes I picked one line and ran with it...
THere were only 4 lines in the post, it was made up of 3 statements to be technical, actually it was 2 questions and a statement to be exact.

You boldly stated that it was your opinion that the 22 players we have now could beat ANY team in the Gold Cup, that is what stood out to me in your post.

I will go back to reading men post and shaking my head here at my desk, without commenting.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
Alyuh real excitable.

God is de BOSS...

We played them twice and we lost (Germany team)...we were also embarrassed by the USA in the away game. We have never beaten them in any WC qualifier. We have beaten them in a fete match in POS...called the return. Nuttin competitive.

Yuh know sometimes I does read ah post, like TI own and wonder to mih self if I losing ah few marbles or mih memory bad....den ah man like Touches with OBJECTIVITY goh come on and post and remind me dat no ah ent mad......not even close...cuz I know we aint NEVER beaten the US in a WCQ....we woulda all remember dat surely....

TI, yuh beginning to be good comic relief fuh me yes..... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 08:34:07 AM »
So where are we now?? We have qualified for the Gold Cup so that is no longer an issue, now I guess we wait to see if we can handle Costa Rica. I feeling better about the team as they gain more experience.

My concern is that our record away from home has not produced encouraging results, but I would like to give the guys a glimmer of hope that we can hold our own against the Costa Ricans.

My second major concern is that the defense can improve 100% before that game cause they could rip them to shreds

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 08:40:41 AM »

True that but it doesn't matter, as a matter of record we have beaten them. Hey, you included them in your list

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »
It takes all kinds to make up a fan base. TI boy, more power to you for being positive. I understand that you are passionate and are even more ticked off when your own fellow patriots do not share your sense of optimism. However, you should not be swayed into an argument simply because others around you are not quite as positive as you are. You have to be able to give others a chance to express themselves from an analytical perspective. You were not here. You didn't see them play. You are obviously basing many statements on blind faith and that is something we lack in TnT football. I rate you for being a fans fan in that rain or shine you expect the best from your team. But a fan also seeks out the best from his team and somehow I think you and some others are missing that.

If the analyticals had no love for the team, they would not spend time and money at games and on this forum forever seeking ways to get the best out of the team. So give them a chance, hear what they have to say. You might be surprised. It's not all malicious criticizm, but constructive as well. At time we can be harsh on our players, but they too must be able to handle the pressure if they are willing to take up such an improtant role.
In all of our hearts we believe in our team. Some of us would just rather not leave it up to chance, so they prefer the methodical route. Ultimately it's still the same goal.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 09:39:37 AM »

True that but it doesn't matter, as a matter of record we have beaten them. Hey, you included them in your list

It matters if you look at more than just the record, based on the record alone yes we are 3 - 0 vs Panama.  But if you look a lil bit deeper and consider the players who might take the field in the next match, our current C nah B team vs possibly their full strength Senior team, then the past record matters less.
Your claim was that the current team, can beat ANY team in the Gold Cup, considering most countries field a pretty strong team for the GC and you are stacking our current team against them, I dont agree that we will beat every team.
The guys are showing some signs of improvement and promise and could very well slip by one of the big guns.  But you seem to be expressing that we would be the favorite in any matchup.
I personally would not mind if we carry a large number of these new guys to the Gold Cup for the intl experience, win lose or draw it would be a good thing.  But to win we need some of the foreign based in the squad.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 09:45:02 AM »
I dunno why allyuh does let TI rile allyuh up nah.
The man just like to start commess. Just read it for the humor.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 09:53:38 AM »

It matters if you look at more than just the record, based on the record alone yes we are 3 - 0 vs Panama.  But if you look a lil bit deeper and consider the players who might take the field in the next match, our current C nah B team vs possibly their full strength Senior team, then the past record matters less.
Your claim was that the current team, can beat ANY team in the Gold Cup, considering most countries field a pretty strong team for the GC and you are stacking our current team against them, I dont agree that we will beat every team.
The guys are showing some signs of improvement and promise and could very well slip by one of the big guns.  But you seem to be expressing that we would be the favorite in any matchup.
I personally would not mind if we carry a large number of these new guys to the Gold Cup for the intl experience, win lose or draw it would be a good thing.  But to win we need some of the foreign based in the squad.

Agreed!
that 22 I mentioned did in fact include current World Cup vets. Costa Rica should be a good test for the local guys though.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 09:55:58 AM by grskywalker »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »
So let me hear the skeptics now. Between the veterans and the local team you really think we cannot win the Gold Cup, let's give our footballers a little more credit

WE CAN DO IT IF WE BELIEVE IT!

GO WARRIORS GO, GOLD CUP HERE WE COME!

CONGRATS ON ANOTHER WIN TO WIM! :applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:27:46 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »

You have a solid domestic based crew that are impressing, and you still have all the veterans like Yorke and company.

You are coming off the World Cup and kicking ass in Gold Cup Qualifying.   

If ever T&T is going to win a Gold Cup, this is it.

1]; } ?>