April 28, 2024, 11:01:41 PM

Author Topic: New T&T passport  (Read 29280 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New TT passport
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »
Dat situation wit d passport is d worse. Praise Jehovah I get minds
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New TT passport
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:24 AM »
Well yes. Garth St. Clair on i95.5 FM jes call tuh make an appointment tuh renew his passport. Dey tell him de earliest date available is December 9, 2009 in Point Fortin. He say dat he want tuh apply in Port of Spain. Dey give him ah date of February 17, 2010.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: New T&T passport
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 09:58:36 AM »
is all them guyanese in trini floodin de system.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 11:45:22 AM »
The passport situation is real toomfoolery. My passport expire in 2005 and get extended bout 3 times now. Every time I call the DC consulate they telling me new passports not yet available. I down to 3 blank pages. Yuh mean yuh can't allocate passports for the foreign based?

I making a couple turns next year and two pages already put aside for visa stamps. Maybe i will get a new passport once all meh pages used up.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 01:10:33 PM »
I believe everyone need to have the new passport by 2009. I went to renew my VISA and they only give me 1 year on my F-1 when I have a couple years left in college. My passport also expires in 2012. My daughter got her passport home in a few days.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 02:58:05 PM »
Grimm boi anytime I hear dat consulate get bomb I know is my sis. She tired cuss dem bout dis extension story
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 07:53:18 PM »
Grimm boi anytime I hear dat consulate get bomb I know is my sis. She tired cuss dem bout dis extension story

Weary at this rate I feel I could apply for US citizenship and get that passport before the new T&T one come thru.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »
You know how long I trying to get passports for my daughter and son.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »
Grimm u have a pt.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
T&T Passport Information
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »
Not sure if this was posted already:

Any person born in Trinidad and Tobago is entitled to a free (first copy) of the new Computer Generated Birth certificates (CBC) please go to the web-site www.legalaffairs.gov.tt and down load the application for a new birth certificate.
The following instructions are attached:-
You must be the owner of the birth certificate
A parent or guardian of the owner of the birth certificate  (you must be authorized in writing if you are not the owner /guardian of the owner to obtain a copy of the new birth certificate)
a letter of authorization must be accompanied by a valid government ID (Driver's Lic etc to obtain copy of certificate if you are not the owner)
All applications must be completed in full.
(You can send this info. to T&T for a relative to obtain new certificate on your behalf)

For Passport applications only after you have received your Computer Generated Birth Certificate
Please visit the website www.immigration.gov.tt
Click on downloads on the left hand side of the page and download passport application forms.
For those of us living on the west coast after filling out our applications for our new birth certificates we  may send a letter to a relative or friend who will be authorized by us  to receive our  new birth certificate. (which can then be mailed back to us)  There are embassy offices in Washington DC., Florida and New York City. I have been told by Mr De Leon If enough of us on the West  Coast receive our new Birth Certificates and we contact the  T& T Embassy in Washington DC it will be arranged for a representative to come to the West Coast to take our photos as well as fingerprints so that we may receive our new passports without having to travel to Washington  DC to do so.
The Trinidad and Tobago Embassy in Washington DC # 202-467-6490.
Please forward this information to as many nationals as you know so that we may all get our new birth certificates as well as passports.  (You will also see information for children born (either parent) to nationals of T & T at the time of their birth, documents  that can be downloaded for their passports.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: T&T Passport Information
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 01:08:49 PM »
good info for those who want their passport processed as soon as possible following their appointment.btw does anyone have an idea of how long its taking now to receive ur passport following ur appointment?mine is at the end of june and im hoping to go to toronto during september for a couple weeks.not having a valid passport right now is a real inconvenience.i hope the rest of ya'll at least got urs by now.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »
I guessing they don't deliver to the U.S. ? (birth certificate I talking bout)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »

Nah, yuh have tuh get somebody home to do it for you. Just download and fill out de application form, and get a notarized letter stating that you allowing de person to submit de application on your behalf. Send everyting tuh de person home, and dey could organize it for you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »

Nah, yuh have tuh get somebody home to do it for you. Just download and fill out de application form, and get a notarized letter stating that you allowing de person to submit de application on your behalf. Send everyting tuh de person home, and dey could organize it for you.
cool
Thanks as ALWAYS TM
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:29 AM »
hey TM for the birth certificate, I sent in and got mine through the mail- local courier.
I would think it is the same for overseas applicants. all you have to do is put a local address for it to be delivered to.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2009, 06:01:36 AM »
hey TM for the birth certificate, I sent in and got mine through the mail- local courier.
I would think it is the same for overseas applicants. all you have to do is put a local address for it to be delivered to.

Yeh, the person who applies for it on your behalf will provide their local mailing address.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 06:02:37 AM »
right ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2009, 11:22:44 AM »
Stueps who want ah TT passport.

I need to renew mines rel bad, it eh funny.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »
Stueps who want ah TT passport.

I need to renew mines rel bad, it eh funny.

Wish u luck wit dat

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »
2yrs ago i purchase one ah mean i send for a birthpaper in trini and i got it , is there a new one or the one i have is the same new alyuh talking bout
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2009, 05:47:47 PM »
2yrs ago i purchase one ah mean i send for a birthpaper in trini and i got it , is there a new one or the one i have is the same new alyuh talking bout

If you have the new electronic b-paper, yuh good to go, this is what is needed for the new machine readable passport, see here

http://www.gov.tt/citizen/service.aspx?id=%7BFD38A07F-80B6-467D-ADD9-DB065B99DBEA%7D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2009, 07:29:47 AM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 02:23:11 PM »
the good news is that turnaround processing time for the new passports is <2 weeks
  I should say 'supposed to be' but really- the times have been seriously reduced- especially if you send it to the NY centre
try it ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »
the good news is that turnaround processing time for the new passports is <2 weeks
  I should say 'supposed to be' but really- the times have been seriously reduced- especially if you send it to the NY centre
try it ;D

Thanks 4 d info will let d sis know.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 06:33:17 PM »
i apply for the new birth certificate in february, the man say it will take 4 months.  like they does mail it from trinidad to miami and from there i guess they will mail it to you.     i feel i will apply for the passport extension and hope i could get it within a few months time at least.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Machine readable passports available in Miami
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:58 PM »
The New Machine Readable Passport

Dear Fellow Citizens of Trinidad And Tobago.

Please be advised that the Consulate General in Miami Florida is accepting applications for processing of the Machine Readable Passports. All first time applicants for this passport must appear in person (your picture will be taken at the Consulate) and it is suggested that persons wishing to apply call the Consulate at 305-374-2199 ext 325 to make an appointment. Walk-ins will also be entertained but to prevent long wait times making an appointment is preferred.

The cost for the passport is $60.00.US, plus return postage cost is $17.50 US(if applicable) made payable by money order to The Consulate General of Trinidad and Tobago.

Please note that for persons not living in the State of Florida, the Consulate General plans to schedule visits to States falling under the jurisdiction of the Consulate in order to facilitate the applications for Machine Readable Passports. These States include, Alabama, Louisiana, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Kentucky and Mississippi

Checklist
Frequently Asked Questions

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »
Birth certificates are processed in a matter of minutes now....

Yeah that's what we talking bout!!...onward to Vision 2020!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
anyone know how long it taking to process after the appointment locally?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2009, 07:09:43 PM »

1st ting is 2 get d appt right now dat is 2010 u gettin an appt. Approx 3/12 u can pay more 4 d rush and get it quicker.

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »

1st ting is 2 get d appt right now dat is 2010 u gettin an appt. Approx 3/12 u can pay more 4 d rush and get it quicker.

my appt. is at the end of next month (called to make the appt. abt 9 months ago)... if i could pay to get it rushed i would do that. i already missed out on 2 vacations w/ my family b/c of the amt of time i had to wait for this appointment. anyways what u mean by 3/12? 3 months? if so that's a real long wait. they still have posted on their site that its taking a matter of days.lol

1]; } ?>