April 28, 2024, 11:45:15 PM

Author Topic: New T&T passport  (Read 29282 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Passport Information
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 02:24:58 PM »
anyone know how long it taking to process after the appointment locally?

1st ting is 2 get d appt right now dat is 2010 u gettin an appt. Approx 3/12 u can pay more 4 d rush and get it quicker.

my appt. is at the end of next month (called to make the appt. abt 9 months ago)... if i could pay to get it rushed i would do that. i already missed out on 2 vacations w/ my family b/c of the amt of time i had to wait for this appointment. anyways what u mean by 3/12? 3 months? if so that's a real long wait. they still have posted on their site that its taking a matter of days.lol

Yes  months that is how long I know people wait.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Montjoy

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2009, 02:04:50 AM »
My kids have TnT Passports through me. They were both born in Germany. They have international birth certificates never had TnT birth certificates. Do they need a new birth certificates in order to renew their passports?

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2009, 06:25:58 AM »
My kids have TnT Passports through me. They were both born in Germany. They have international birth certificates never had TnT birth certificates. Do they need a new birth certificates in order to renew their passports?

I don't think so.....only persons born in T&T are entitled to a T&T birth certificate. You will need to provide your
new T&T birth certificate and proof of your relationship with them ( their German certificates) inorder to renew their passports.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »
peps i went today to apply for my new passport and the people at the consulate was having a lot of problems with birth papers and the way people names are spelled different to the name on the passports so peolpe please check your passport and make sure that the names are spelled the same and correctly
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2009, 06:27:26 PM »
peps i went today to apply for my new passport and the people at the consulate was having a lot of problems with birth papers and the way people names are spelled different to the name on the passports so peolpe please check your passport and make sure that the names are spelled the same and correctly

All kind of mistakes on dem new birth paper.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2009, 04:19:13 PM »
gul the darm thing started with the old ones them and they contuning so the people in the consulate in ny that is checking them out real good he say the reason for that is because it have non trinbagonions with birthcertificates claiming to be nationals so that is why they have to straiten things out right now .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2009, 06:22:35 PM »
gul the darm thing started with the old ones them and they contuning so the people in the consulate in ny that is checking them out real good he say the reason for that is because it have non trinbagonions with birthcertificates claiming to be nationals so that is why they have to straiten things out right now .

Dat is d story 4 d US. Peeps havin d same problems is like d peeps who print d textbook. Only errorssssssssss

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »
lord i nearly dead today getting my passport. 1 letter missing and i had to go back home then to come back, for the person to write it over for me  :-\ , but it was quick otherwise. i tired   :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2009, 08:32:40 PM »
Can anyone tell me what happens when you're applying for a new machine readable passport but your old passport contains a US visa that is not expired?? Do you need to apply for a new visa???..or do they give you back the old passport along with the new one??

I remember a few years back my passport expired but my visa was still good....when I renewed my passport they just stapled the old pport to the back of the new one....does anyone know if they will also do this with the new machine readable pports???

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »
Can anyone tell me what happens when you're applying for a new machine readable passport but your old passport contains a US visa that is not expired?? Do you need to apply for a new visa???..or do they give you back the old passport along with the new one??

I remember a few years back my passport expired but my visa was still good....when I renewed my passport they just stapled the old pport to the back of the new one....does anyone know if they will also do this with the new machine readable pports???

they will transfer the visa to the new passport as far as i know... i believe they sed that on the immigration office website

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 06:21:11 AM »

they will transfer the visa to the new passport as far as i know... i believe they sed that on the immigration office website

Thanks bro  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
actually you can still travel with the US visa - just attach the old and new passports (staple) remember to ask back for your old passport tho'-
the US people say that there is no such thing as transferring a visa- it's considered a new application- so my advice is to use it until it expires...
you never know when they will refuse your application- their officer on the tv the other day said that approx. 60-75% of Trinis overstay a visit- so all of us are treated with suspicion...

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »
Yeah, to the best of my knowledge you don't transfer the visa. What I've known people to do is travel with the expired passport and present it at immigration. That sounds risky to me since they need to stamp the valid passport on entry to the country, but the 2 people I know who've done it have done it successfully. I am not sure what was said (if anything) at immigration, maybe I can ask.

What another friend of mine did was when he reapplied he brought the expired passport with the valid visa in it in addition to the other information he had to present. They inspected the passport and his travel habits and then they cancelled the one in the expired passport and issued a new visa in the machine readable one.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »
correct..jus walk with yuh old passport with the visa..the visa itself is machine readable...so is no scene
Back in Trini...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »
Thanks for the info fellas  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
I surely not going into the US embassy unless i have to but check dis

The new passports only valid for 5 years i think.

My existing Visa on my old passport for 10 years valid till 2017

When i get my new passport in 2010 it will be valid till 2015 and i will have to get a new one again.

Which means I probably have to walk around with 3 passports just in case some Immigration officer decide to ask ten questions  ???
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2009, 12:11:12 PM »
 ;D good luck with that :rotfl:
once an immigration officer in Miami asked my sister why her picture in the passport had her smiling- said she had to smile for him to id her...little gods ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »

When i get my new passport in 2010 it will be valid till 2015 and i will have to get a new one again.

Which means I probably have to walk around with 3 passports just in case some Immigration officer decide to ask ten questions  ???

No you will only have to walk around with the current passport and the one with the VISA.  Then again, having all three passports will show your travel history to decidely unfriendly immigration officials at foreign airports like the ones in Toronto...most unfriendly setta immigration people I ever met...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »

No you will only have to walk around with the current passport and the one with the VISA.  Then again, having all three passports will show your travel history to decidely unfriendly immigration officials at foreign airports like the ones in Toronto...most unfriendly setta immigration people I ever met...

i take it you've never been to antigua?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2009, 02:25:27 PM »

No.  Dem worst than the Canadians??!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »

D ABSOLUTE WORSE AIRPORT IN D WORLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2009, 07:53:36 AM »

No.  Dem worst than the Canadians??!!

Nah, Barbados beat back all ah dem.

I will never forget the stare i get from the Lady Immigration Officer. She actually told me to make sure and leave after 4 days I planned to stay. 

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »

Nah, Barbados beat back all ah dem.

I will never forget the stare i get from the Lady Immigration Officer. She actually told me to make sure and leave after 4 days I planned to stay. 

Coming and going dey like bad dog in Barbados. I never had too many problems coming in, but nuff people I know catch dey ass. Going though, before I cut my dreds, they used to make me shake it out every single time without fail plus go through my bag. My teammates used to let me go first because they know by the time they done with me I walking on the plane last.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 05:33:31 PM »
when i lived in bdos i used to get hold every single time. I spent hours in that immigration and customs many times. I can't stand that place.
all kinda ridiculous questions.
Toronto I have had good experiences. Altho I was traveling with my leg all bandaged up after surgery so maybe that's why.
Back in Trini...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2009, 09:39:49 AM »

When is the new deadline to get the machine readable passports...it was extended not so?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »
Now to see who exactly refusing entry.
All this time people thinking is a hard deadline set by us making the old passports invalid by our deadline.

Cah find any info on the Immigration website..at least not easily.

Another call to collect new passports
DIXIE ANN DICKSON
Published: 10 Jun 2009
Trinidad Guardian[/color]

The non-readable passports could remain in circulation until November 2015, he said, but travellers may be refused entry by other countries.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »
All this time people thinking is a hard deadline set by us making the old passports invalid by our deadline.

DIXIE ANN DICKSON

The non-readable passports could remain in circulation until November 2015, he said, but travellers may be refused entry by other countries.

Real, Real Real Bullshit...

Emagine you jump on a plane and go Europe for a vacation. Visa everything is tact. then they send yuh back because your passport not updated because YOUR Govt passport office have issues and cyar give yuh the new one just yet..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »

DIXIE ANN DICKSON

Emagine you jump on a plane and go Europe for a vacation. Visa everything is tact. then they send yuh back because your passport not updated because YOUR Govt passport office have issues and cyar give yuh the new one just yet..

COSIGNNNNNNNNN. My advice 2 peeps wit d old passport doh travel after dec 09.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »

DIXIE ANN DICKSON

Boy... trinbago now tell meh the new york office tell him come next year May for he appointment  :o

wey saah... D.C. looking like the best bet... me, i still waiting for my birth paper to reach
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2009, 11:51:57 AM »

DIXIE ANN DICKSON

Boy... trinbago now tell meh the new york office tell him come next year May for he appointment  :o

wey saah... D.C. looking like the best bet... me, i still waiting for my birth paper to reach

I C dey export d nonesense appt in 2010 2 get yuh passport

1]; } ?>