April 27, 2024, 03:20:42 AM

Author Topic: New T&T passport  (Read 29260 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Passport Information
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Now to see who exactly refusing entry.
All this time people thinking is a hard deadline set by us making the old passports invalid by our deadline.

Cah find any info on the Immigration website..at least not easily.

Another call to collect new passports
DIXIE ANN DICKSON
Published: 10 Jun 2009
Trinidad Guardian[/color]

The non-readable passports could remain in circulation until November 2015, he said, but travellers may be refused entry by other countries.

Real, Real Real Bullshit...

Emagine you jump on a plane and go Europe for a vacation. Visa everything is tact. then they send yuh back because your passport not updated because YOUR Govt passport office have issues and cyar give yuh the new one just yet..

Boy... trinbago now tell meh the new york office tell him come next year May for he appointment  :o

wey saah... D.C. looking like the best bet... me, i still waiting for my birth paper to reach

me too...the fella in charge of them in the miami consulate is one kicksy fella...he folksy too bad.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2009, 10:02:09 AM »
update...i get my birth certificate yesterday and all the info is correct (thank god b/c i hear horror stories from friends).  now to call miami consulate to get an appt for the new passport.  on the website they say they plan to go to states in the southern US, anybody have any inside links as to when they plan to start this?  i don't mind going down to MIA but if i could save a trip...

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »
Can anyone tell me what happens when you're applying for a new machine readable passport but your old passport contains a US visa that is not expired?? Do you need to apply for a new visa???..or do they give you back the old passport along with the new one??

I remember a few years back my passport expired but my visa was still good....when I renewed my passport they just stapled the old pport to the back of the new one....does anyone know if they will also do this with the new machine readable pports???

they will transfer the visa to the new passport as far as i know... i believe they sed that on the immigration office website

Hey wannabe MJ  ;D, dey will give you back de old one and you could staple it to the new one.  That's how I did mine and I travelled with it last month and everything was ok.  jes make sure dey give you back the old one along with de new one.

:beermug:

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2009, 08:51:37 AM »
Why allyuh encouraging man to staple the passports? That is uneccessary and I think prohibited in these new machine readable passports. All you need to do is have both in your possession.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joseph promises end to long wait for passports
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2009, 08:21:47 AM »
Joseph promises end to long wait for passports
By Gail Alexander (T&T Guardian)

Moves are on to correct the current situation where members of the public are being given appointment dates way into 2010 to renew their passports, National Security Minister Martin Joseph has said. “That is going to be corrected,” Joseph said at yesterday’s weekly Government media briefing. He said the situation would be revised. Mechanisms were also being implemented to accommodate those who had received 2010 appointment dates to renew their passports and who needed to travel earlier, he added. Joseph said it was initially taking 54 days—from application to completion—to process passports. It was now down to 32 days, he said.

He said that in a week, the time frame would be down to 20-plus days. “At the end of the day we’ll reach a point where it will only take ten days for machine readable passports,” Joseph said. Joseph said renewals would have a different, shorter processing period. Appealing for members of the public to collect the 26,000 passports now ready, Joseph said the situation was posing “security challenges” for the Immigration Department. He said the passports were completed on the basis that the owners needed to travel quickly. Joseph said almost 60 per cent of people in T&T now had machine readable passports.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New T&T passport
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2009, 08:40:28 AM »
All this is fine; I assume this refers to if you are in T&T. What is the situation if you are in the US or some other country? It is ridiculous that, wherever you live in the US you HAVE to go to Miami, DC.NY to get the new passport. This is a fiasco.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2009, 11:12:28 AM »
All this is fine; I assume this refers to if you are in T&T. What is the situation if you are in the US or some other country? It is ridiculous that, wherever you live in the US you HAVE to go to Miami, DC.NY to get the new passport. This is a fiasco.

Brudder I went immigration on Fredrick St  NT yday deh eh even have adult forms. All ah we up d creek witout a paddle.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »
I surely not going into the US embassy unless i have to but check dis

The new passports only valid for 5 years i think.

My existing Visa on my old passport for 10 years valid till 2017

When i get my new passport in 2010 it will be valid till 2015 and i will have to get a new one again.

Which means I probably have to walk around with 3 passports just in case some Immigration officer decide to ask ten questions  ???

No you will only have to walk around with the current passport and the one with the VISA.  Then again, having all three passports will show your travel history to decidely unfriendly immigration officials at foreign airports like the ones in Toronto...most unfriendly setta immigration people I ever met...

Yuh right! Dem in Toronto is the wuss. I have come to point now where I does say I have ear problems and the flight make me can't hear.. write down your questions for meh  :rotfl: And I does talk loud loud so they really feel I can't hear.

I juss tired of they stupid questions and treating me for as the immigrant that I am.. when my wife and kids getting smile and "welcome back home ladies".

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2009, 08:31:11 AM »
Why allyuh encouraging man to staple the passports? That is uneccessary and I think prohibited in these new machine readable passports. All you need to do is have both in your possession.

Lol, I have the old one with the visas and the new one, but I thought it looked weird me presenting 2 passports when I travelling until I bounce up a Nigerian with 4. On the flight (whilst holding my nose) he tell mih he is ah businessman and travels regularly and sometimes forgets which old passport has which visa so he does travel with all of them also to go to most countries he needs visas.
After he tell mih he was a businessman from nigeria I secure mih passports, wallet and ipod, pull up the lil divider screen and pray for the best.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »

Lol, I have the old one with the visas and the new one, but I thought it looked weird me presenting 2 passports when I travelling until I bounce up a Nigerian with 4. On the flight (whilst holding my nose) he tell mih he is ah businessman and travels regularly and sometimes forgets which old passport has which visa so he does travel with all of them also to go to most countries he needs visas.
After he tell mih he was a businessman from nigeria I secure mih passports, wallet and ipod, pull up the lil divider screen and pray for the best.

:rotfl: Sad but true...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »
26,000 ppl still to collect their new passports according to d min. of national security
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2009, 04:02:22 PM »
26,000 ppl still to collect their new passports according to d min. of national security

Dat figure just dont make sense
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »

26,000? Nah!!

Not the way I heard of people cussing to get their passport back. Who waiting months upon months AFTER they applied for their passport.

So what the Minister trying to say is people not really interested to get their passport back? He full ah shit oui!

steupses!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »

26,000? Nah!!

Not the way I heard of people cussing to get their passport back. Who waiting months upon months AFTER they applied for their passport.

So what the Minister trying to say is people not really interested to get their passport back? He full ah shit oui!

steupses!

Dey singin dat sound bout uncollected passports 4 yrs.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
Uncollected passports pose security problem
tnttimes.com

Over 26,000 of the new machine readable passports are waiting at the Immigration Division to be collected by applicants. Minister of National Security Martin Joseph revealed yesterday that the failure to deliver the uncollected passports is costing his Ministry an “exorbitant” amount of money in addition to creating a “security challenge” for the Ministry. Joseph is pleading with applicants to ensure that they collect the newly issued passports and advertisements will start appearing in the media this weekend urging applicants to collect their passports at the various Immigration Division offices.

The Minister also indicated that there will very soon be a 10-day maximum waiting period for the collection of passports instead of the three months that currently obtains.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Passport blues
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »
Passport blues
One reporter’s trip to the Immigration Office
Aba A Luke
Published: 29 Mar 2010

On any given day, the Immigration Office is alive with the chatter of hundreds who’ve been granted appointments for that day.
Aba A Luke
Have you been to the Immigration Office to secure, collect or enquire about getting a new passport? If you have, you’d agree that the process is both time-consuming and, on most days, torturous. Having upgraded the system to create new, electronic passports, the immigration office here in T&T has also delved headfirst into a battle of sorts as they’re now faced with the task of documenting everything provided by every citizen who arrives for an interview. The pain experienced by the man on the street hasn’t gone unnoticed, with many people voicing complaints on public media forums. In fact, I myself faced the music when, on February 24, my appointment date arrived.

No one- hour process
Some 200 appointments are issued daily and, according to an inside source, the Immigration Department is understaffed. Having received an appointment for 10 am on February 24, I realised upon arrival that the possibility of leaving one hour later was absolutely absurd. Never mind the wait that lay ahead; what was even more outrageous to me was the general system and the apparent lack of necessary tools for the job. Entering the Frederick Street entrance, heat seemed to envelop me at the doorway. As I proceeded, I realised the heat wasn’t only around the doorway but also near the initial clerk who facilitated appointments for that day and the provided appointment forms.

I was taken by the reality that there were no computers with databases for these clerks to easily perform their day’s duties. A young lady looked toward me and politely asked if I’d come for a form or whether I had an appointment. In front of her was a stapled stack of papers with names and codes. Using a pencil, she identified my name and proceeded to let me know that I could take a seat to her left until my name was called. There were more people around me than there were seats and right there, I noticed the third issue with the system: how could those responsible schedule more appointments for one day than there are seats to facilitate the long wait?

Parents with their young children in tow were made to stand for long periods and, with less than ten officers available to facilitate step one of the process, the initial scan of documents, the process of securing a passport, which I was told would be merely one hour long, extended to over five hours. During my wait, I scanned the small room. Signs, many of which were made by hand with copy paper and Sharpie markers and stuck with Scotch tape, lined various areas of the wall, in a bid, I guess, to properly apprise citizens of necessary information. One such sign sought to inform the public that the cashier would be closed at 2.30 pm and, as such, only LINX payments would be accepted beyond that time. To the dismay of many, 2.30 pm was fast approaching and they were yet to meet with the authorising officer. Added to that, many of them did not come prepared to pay via LINX.

Lacklustre service
By 11.30 pm, the office was alive with noise as weary applicants, many of whom had arrived from as early as 7 am, began voicing their frustration. “It look like we go be here till 9 o’clock tonight, boy,” one man was heard telling his young son. Meanwhile, many officers were seen chatting among themselves, walking around and seemingly ignoring the fact that there were over 150 people waiting within the two areas of the office, for their scheduled appointments. Around 1.30 pm, there were still 50 people ahead of me. I listened in to the complaints of irritable applicants, some of whom were hungry and others who were merely angry. “Manning building all kinda high rise building but it don’t even have enough staff in here so citizens could get they passport—steups!” said one man. Eventually, by 4 pm, my number was called for a meeting with the authorising officer. By that time, the office was less crowded and for some reason, the system seemed to have been moving a little faster—maybe because it was almost time to go home!

The explanation
I walked into the cubicle and immediately began enquiring as to why the system seems so archaic. The Immigration officer calmly explained that the new system was meant to decrease any possibility of fraud. For this reason, there is the first channel through which a person’s application must pass before coming to his desk. He scanned my documents, noticing that I’d been sent away one week prior to obtain an affidavit as it related to an incorrect item on my birth certificate. This, he explained, was part of the reason for the long wait.

He said many citizens often show up at the office unprepared and, after waiting for hours on end, they’re made to go home and come back with all their required documents, in many cases, including affidavits. He further explained that the new process requires proper tracking of each person’s information—with copies of everything. I myself was told that I needed to go get one.

When I returned with my documents, the kind and courteous male Immigration officer prompted me to come back to him and within seconds, my documents were stamped and forwarded to the third officer, who would take my photo, and to whom I would then pay $250 for my TT passport—with LINX, mind you. After about 20 minutes my name was called, picture taken, money paid and date obtained to return for my spanking new T&T passport. My only fear, now, is whether I’ll be made to wait another six hours or so
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Passport blues
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
Good for him. My appointment is in Jan. 2012 ::)
Live large and prosper!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2010, 02:32:03 PM »

:rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »

My expirin in 2012 but I cyah call now 4 d renewal appt.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2010, 07:35:15 AM »

Barataria please doh laugh.....please....it real friggin annoying....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »

US citizenship taking 10 weeks now from start to finish but to get a trini passport taking years !!!! 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:53:38 PM by royal »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2010, 07:57:36 PM »

Girl, trus meh, ah know, but ah cyar help but laugh at how ridiculous we culd be sometime, I still have to sign up for mine, not too long ago I got the electronic birth certificate, at de rate dey goin I mite head to Brazil fuh de 2014 WC before ah get mine  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »
some months ago, i went to find out about renewing my TT passport up here.. They give me an appointment for December 2011.. I had to ask the woman how she so sure i go still be alive.. lol

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2010, 02:25:36 AM »
some months ago, i went to find out about renewing my TT passport up here.. They give me an appointment for December 2011.. I had to ask the woman how she so sure i go still be alive.. lol
That iz extremely and utterly ABSERD!! i have ah U.S. and trini passport, and my trini passport been expired, now what the fack, if i want another trini passport means i have tuh wait until kingdom come?  there must be some way around that!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:56:12 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2010, 07:13:59 AM »
That iz extremely and utterly OBSERD!! i have ah U.S. and trini passport, and my trini passport been expired, now what the fack, if i want another trini passport means i have tuh wait until kingdom come?  there must be some way around that!

Write Manning ans ask why his 20/20 vision making people see the blues.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2010, 07:52:09 AM »
That iz extremely and utterly OBSERD!! i have ah U.S. and trini passport, and my trini passport been expired, now what the fack, if i want another trini passport means i have tuh wait until kingdom come?  there must be some way around that!

i am in the same situation.. the way around it is up until a certain date, they will give you an extension on your expired passport until the end of 2011.. and i cant remember what that certain date was..

but that still mean i have to go to the consulate and line up at 7am a weekday and then hope that i fall in one of the first 50 people they taking for the day... and i eh too keen on doing that until it warm up.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »
I'm on the road coming back from the Point Fortin office. My appointment was made February 6, 2009. I'll spare allyuh the details. Reach 9:50am for an 11:00 appointment. Finish 2:33pm . I have to pick up next month.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:09:43 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2010, 01:22:43 PM »
I'm on the road coming back from the Point Fortin office. My aptpointment was made February 6, 2009. I'll spare allyuh the details. Reach 9:50am for an 11:00 appointment. Finish 2:33pm . I have to pick up next month.

Point Fortin??!!   :o :o....oh well never mind, I went Grande to get mine  ::) (this was before the appointment system was put in place).....I didn't realise that folks still had to go all over the country to facilitate the process.  In fact come to think of it, I heard a crazy story.  I made an appointment about 3 weeks ago for my mother and the date given was Jan 20, 2012.  I kept wondering how the hell it taking so long to get an appointment in Tobago??!!...surely the island eh have that much people to take up all those spots....then I heard that Trinidadians were actually making appointments for Tobago and making the trip across........now it sounds so crazy I still eh believe that..... :-\
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:28:06 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »
A couple weeks ago ah call the NY Consulate, and ah get the passport line voicemail. Left a message and call back next day, same thing. Call again but ah keep pressing 0, eventually ah lady answer, before ah could say morning, she put meh on hold for 5 minutes.

The woman then told me, with what I presume was a straight face, that the next available appointment was in April 2011. I explained to her that my passport initially expired in 2005, had been renewed twice, the last expiration date was Dec 31 2009 and I have 0 blank pages left in it. After repeating my words and giving me some umm and ahhs, she eventually suggested that I try another embassy, wished me good luck and hang up...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
try  miami...i start and finish right dey...apply for the new birth paper everything thru that consulate

1]; } ?>