April 19, 2024, 04:53:33 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti....Improving but work to do.  (Read 10273 times)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti....Improving but work to do.
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 10:37:42 AM »
"Ti yuh boy Hardest was quiet, besides the goal and the pass to Glasgow, it was as if he was not on the field."

But ah starting tuh wonder if allyuh fellas really bias in trute, how de man could be like "he was not on the field" and yet win the Digicel Man of the Match?  From Fuentes match report "Kerwyn “Hardest” Jemmott, the eventual Digicel “Man of the Match”"

Somebody getting drunk and then picking a man of the match.  There was nothing special from Hardest.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »
I take meh small wet in uncovered. I don't completely agree with Touches on this one. Most perhaps, but not all. I do not think that this was our worst game, that was still the Barbados game. I think what we consistently agree on is that there are periods when the team seems to fade a bit. When #7 and #9 for Haiti came on that was one of those periods. Our defence was a bit shaky, but not more so than any of the other games I felt.

What I thought the team did better today than any other was maintain possession for longer periods. Admittedly they were short of attacking ideas at times and when they ran out of patience hit it long, but I don't think it was a general theme of their game. During the first 15 minutes or so of the game it was Hardest who created most of the attacking thrust, but after a couple hard kick down he disappeared from the game.

Hislop is the first T&T player willing to tackle hard and he timed them well most times. He still seemed a bit nervous for parts of the game, but takes way fewer risks than Jack. Jack came on and created a few excited moments including picking up an unnecessary yellow after one of his escapades. When #7 came on the defenders seemed unable to handle his pace and skill, but eventually they caught themselves. Unless the midfield is willing to work harder defensively our defenders will have to deal with attackers running at them rather than posting up where they have a better chance.

Overall I thought in maintaining more of the possession than Haiti we were in control of the game, but because we lacked attacking ideas it may have frustrated the supporters who want to see more exciting play. Our energy level was better for the second game in a row. Normally we start slow and by midway through the first half we now catching ourselves. The guys went out playing hard from the start and troubled Haiti early on only to fade in parts during the game. So now - and this might be a fitness thing - the guys have to look at consistency.

The #2, the Haiti right back, was nothing special. I agree... kept his game simple and did his job okay, but because the Tiger and then #8 did not get a lot of service we do not know how he'd have done under pressure.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »
good report
but i think that you are expecting too much from this T&T side now
ah mean is a B side...we beat Haiti 3-1 ........we had 80% possession, we created chances , we score 3...what more do u want from this young T&T side??
i think u forget dis is not the side we see in World Cup

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 11:30:20 AM »
Warrior Till Death

You looking at score....I looking at play, we didnt have no 80% possession and I expecting a good solid all round game.

Yes I have high expectations and I am fully aware of our players limitations.

I feel I go retire from posting these reports because it tiring to be having to fight up with a setta comment.

Some things yuh just cyar explain ...e.g Man of the match or how we play to someone who was not there.

In fact since we have video clips now I will leave everyone to draw their own conclusions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 11:33:15 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »
Where de video clips?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 12:37:50 PM »
Touches I like your report but I have a feeling that you expect too much from the players remember some off these don’t have that much experience at the international game also we Trinidad pubic are quick to say that man is a star boy because he beat two maybe we didn’t share enough beat they will de team play shit the way is see it a win is win off course improvement is needed that will come with time I truly believe that TTFF will not call the players that protest again and that would be a sad time because that mite be the end of me support Trinidad and Tobago football.     
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »
"Ti yuh boy Hardest was quiet, besides the goal and the pass to Glasgow, it was as if he was not on the field."

But ah starting tuh wonder if allyuh fellas really bias in trute, how de man could be like "he was not on the field" and yet win the Digicel Man of the Match?  From Fuentes match report "Kerwyn “Hardest” Jemmott, the eventual Digicel “Man of the Match”"
How is dis Man of the Match determined? Ah mean in de first game dey give Dwayne Jack. Steups. Theobald in de second match was understandable. Now dey give Hardest. Steups.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 01:23:52 PM »

In fact since we have video clips now I will leave everyone to draw their own conclusions.

Please don't stop posting your Touches Match Reports. 

They have become a necessary augmentation to this website...not just the message board...and I would hate to see it discontinued because of some differing opinion.

This site won't be the same without your reports bro, so please.....soldier on....keep on doing the exxcellent work on behalf of all of us who would love to be there but for one reasdon or another, can't.  Your descriptions make us feel as if we right dey next to you and THAT is priceless and means a lot to I dare say the majority of posters on this site.

Your contribution cannot be fully quantified other than to say, it is truly appreciated.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 01:45:53 PM »
Yeah boy Touches, keep posting, yuh can't please all the people all the time...besides a lot of people does be looking at different aspects of the game anyway.  Last night from the covered stands I tried to pay attention to the Haitian game and was somewhat impressed.  I always felt that they were faster to the ball than our players, showed more determination to win tackles etc.  Maybe we were taking it easy, but that soft play could lick up man bad.

I could never understand why a lot of our forwards does hardly ever get to run on to a ball heading goalwards.  The Haitian attackers were mostly facing our goal when the ball was played to them.  Our forwards mostly had their backs to the goal.

Another thing, allyuh talking about try and understand that is a young inexperience team, and give them a chance.  Then when we get licks, FIFA doh care 'bout young and inexperienced nah.  Yuh rankings going downhill real fast, and then yuh cyah draw top teams for friendlies.  But big up the young team anyway, they handling themselves okay so far.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »
Touches, yuh reports are popular and are welcome because it is what it is..YOUR REPORT..the way you see the game through your eyes, with the Trini vibe...whether the team do bad or great, yuh reports bring a sense of oneness with folks like me who outside and the vibes at the game. So keep it up, dat have nothing to do with if the team play tata or with class.  :beermug:

Looking forward to the next Touches Match Report  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 02:00:56 PM »
Nah nah Touches yuh cyar stop now, yuh mad.....I does feel like I right dey in de Stadium, so vivid are the reports.  Also, I pick up on things from you that I wouldn't notice....I ain't no big football pundit (I just love de game and mih team in general) so I learning plenty from you.

BTW....yuh eh explain what ah Toolum is yet eh?....ah know de ting to eat, but wha in football is ah Toolum...(again I risk being run out of Town... ;D...)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement folks, it does take some effort to do.

I just get annoyed as it seems that some here telling me what I seeing.... when it is not so. and dey doing so with authority.... but yet they ent see the game.

But it ent recently I start losing interest and this is sometimes reflected in the quality.Anyways it is just a filler, as its intent and purpose was to inform my family and friends abroad who could not see the game live.

Thanks all

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 02:26:08 PM »
Touches

One of the firat ting I read on this site was your Match Report on Bahrain Nov 16 and since then according to Blackie ah hoo so keep posting
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 02:43:46 PM »
eh Touches, i really look forward to your match reports - the definitive word on the match to me.

what kind of beat is a toolum?  ???

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 03:15:03 PM »

Please don't stop posting your Touches Match Reports. 

They have become a necessary augmentation to this website...not just the message board...and I would hate to see it discontinued because of some differing opinion.

This site won't be the same without your reports bro, so please.....soldier on....keep on doing the exxcellent work on behalf of all of us who would love to be there but for one reasdon or another, can't.  Your descriptions make us feel as if we right dey next to you and THAT is priceless and means a lot to I dare say the majority of posters on this site.

Your contribution cannot be fully quantified other than to say, it is truly appreciated.

Palos yuh could work fuh Hallmark breds

well said

Keep writing the reports Touches - fuh me it is the next best thing to watching the game live and a lot of foreign-based feel de same. I wait for it before I make my comments on a game. Yuh have some real classics, but always an engrossing read, even when we lorse.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »

I just get annoyed as it seems that some here telling me what I seeing.... when it is not so. and dey doing so with authority.... but yet they ent see the game.

But it ent recently I start losing interest

Thanks all

Ay boy!! behave yuhself with the damn angst nah

People with pre conceived ideas will always see the same event differently...dais human nature
Brush off who ever brayin and keep postin oui.

This board without a touches match report is like ah bake an shark widout de shark...like ah pelau without de peas..like jack warner widout de theifin
They all go hand in hand

I know 2 fellahs dat does lurk here, specifically for de reports....yuh set yuhself up!! people expect to read de ting

If yuh sick,, we eh care!! type wit one hand and blow de phlegm in de nex one.

doh play de ass and talk bout quit...whoever vex yuh,brush dem orf and post yuh post doctor

ah lookin forward to de nex one  :beermug:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2007, 06:14:43 PM »
Touches, what can I tell you?

Your reports are like de blood of de site. Carrying info to ALL parts of the Warrior Nation Body, where ever we may be in the World.
Your reports provide me the next alternative to actually being there.
Your reports provide me with information that I dont normally consider Important.
and finally
Your reports gives me a second SOBER view to what is going on.

I hope you realise HOW important your reports have become to some of us.
Thanks for EVERY WORD you write.
Happy Reporting
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »
Warrior Till Death

You looking at score....I looking at play, we didnt have no 80% possession and I expecting a good solid all round game.

I feel I go retire from posting these reports because it tiring to be having to fight up with a setta comment.

Some things yuh just cyar explain ...e.g Man of the match or how we play to someone who was not there.

i was at the game sir.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2007, 06:24:50 PM »
The video don't have who in the lime....all the off the ball play....reactions from the bench...crowd reaction.

If you feel yuh getting fight down how yuh think TI is feel   :rotfl:

Spend less time replying to people who disagree and yuh go be cool.    :beermug:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2007, 06:40:29 PM »
Warrior Till Death

i was at the game sir.

and you like myself have a more enthusiastic view on it... i feel similar to how you do... but say wuh Touches watchin matches for alot longer than either of us... and he certainly seems to know alot more aswell...

He naturally has a shockingly realistic view on things... which i believe is refreshing considering trini like tuh talk and by that i mean we like tuh sugar coat shit.

He may be preaching something slightly different to what i myself perceive but hey... every man has his own standards.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »

But it ent recently I start losing interest and this is sometimes reflected in the quality.Anyways it is just a filler, as its intent and purpose was to inform my family and friends abroad who could not see the game live.

Thanks all

breds...

i make it my business to seek you out in de stand and give yuh a bounce for dem match reports and dem, wha kinda talk u on??

next time it could be a calpat instead you know!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »
Touches how would you feel if you don't get feedbacks from your reports?i don't think the feedbacks are anything personal,like you everyone wants to voice or have an opinion,that does not mean they are against you,look at it as just another view,you do quite a good job and we all look forward to hearing from you,your views are yours and that's fine with me,stay up.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 11:39:13 AM »
touches to be quite honest, i have read your last 3 reports and they need touching up, they are conflicting with other reports by kingman, jay10,sam and surprisingly even fishs at one point, they dont coincide with what i have seen in the games by watching them, I would like you to explain what is Hardest and bleeder role on the team and in the last 3 games, i would love to see your analysis of what wim's role for hardest and bleeder is right now, bc you doubt he should get man of the match, but from the video i dont see any other clear cut players who should get it, maybe glasgow, maybe jan but otherwise no, I am just curious to see your observations as to what we are doing in the mid, bc bleeder and hardest speak to me on a regular basis, so i know what roles they have... lets see if you know..... also wim is a boss bc he has identified our problems and have brought back whitley and gray for specific reasons in the team, i also wonder if you know about these problems, some i have told you already in pms that i have sent to you a lil while ago which goes deeper than just a problem with the backline...

God is de BOSS.....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »
so since you speak to them on ah regular basis, why don't you just ask them to tell you their roles, how could Touches tell you....buh wha the hell I hearing here...
an then yuh classing Wim with God...yuh doh speak to both ah dem too ?  :D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
so since you speak to them on ah regular basis, why don't you just ask them to tell you their roles, how could Touches tell you....buh wha the hell I hearing here...
an then yuh classing Wim with God...yuh doh speak to both ah dem too ? :D

breds i would never class wim with god, i said wim is a boss bc he brought back whitley and gray to address certain problems with our game, i already know their roles, the question is does touches know their roles on the team? ??? bc he is reporting what he is seeing, we are seeing the same game, but how observant is he tuh analyze what our coaching is doing, that is the question, he critiszing and saying certain tings and saying certain players are this and that but if he knew what the strategy was he wouldnt be talking so..... bc for the fellahs who know, they not seeing it the way he is writing it...

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »
Well Touches gave his report folks (obviously from de covered stands)... nutten was different from the uncovered stands...Same ole talk same quarrelling but we had a lil more entertainment
Uncovered stand had ah lil rhythm section that dissapeared when the rain begun to drizzle.
Touches spoke about lapses in de game well for those periods we were entertained by a young lady who kept walking up and down the steps.

D sw.net crew was in uncovered pasdah. Tallman, Touches, Kandi, Organic, Doc, Swima, Jeffers, Mrs. Dom Basil (ah cyah remember seeing Dombasil, Andre Samuel, Cowen, Patriot I think weary 1969 and possibly a few more. We were all there... next time yuh must look for we

warriorking was around...hope he say hi next time....ah go introduce yuh around...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »
TI, what is appreciated about Touches report, is he writes how he see it...
Not how Stern, Wim, TI or Bleeder sees it...His report is a PERSONAL observation...if you see something different, write that, if yuh doh see, but somebody tell yuh, write that.....but just how them tell yuh their observation (and yuh hold that to heart), doh necessarily mean, if you or I, observe the same event, we would observe the same thing....I myself watch every game the Raptors play, and ah basketball-buddy ah mine is ah knicks fan, and he watch the Raptors and say dem ent good, and I say but We leading the East , he say fluke....I doh think, he doh know basketball, or the men, or their roles, I might think he biased, but if he point to me that the Raptors don't have no certified star, ah cyar argue with dat, if he point to me that the Raptor players cannot crack the starting line of another NBA team, ah cyah argue with that.....but I will show him that we still number 1....So if you want to show your boys is Number 1, like yuh have been doing, well go ahead...but allow ppl the courtesy and respect to disagree and present their cases too...
If he observe the man run right(wheter the coach tell him run so or not), and it seems like it MAY have had a better play if the man had run left...yuh expect him to say...the player making all the right plays, even if it's observed by him and many others that he isn't....
Post your game report, when you go or see...but till then I want to hear Touches observations, Wrong or Right...just as I hear, Yours or Hardest, Wrong or Right

TrinInfinite

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »
Not how Stern, Wim, TI or Bleeder sees it...His report is a PERSONAL observation...if you see something different, write that, if yuh doh see, but somebody tell yuh, write that.....but just how them tell yuh their observation (and yuh hold that to heart), doh necessarily mean, if you or I, observe the same event, we would observe the same thing....I myself watch every game the Raptors play, and ah basketball-buddy ah mine is ah knicks fan, and he watch the Raptors and say dem ent good, and I say but We leading the East , he say fluke....I doh think, he doh know basketball, or the men, or their roles, I might think he biased, but if he point to me that the Raptors don't have no certified star, ah cyar argue with dat, if he point to me that the Raptor players cannot crack the starting line of another NBA team, ah cyah argue with that.....but I will show him that we still number 1....So if you want to show your boys is Number 1, like yuh have been doing, well go ahead...but allow ppl the courtesy and respect to disagree and present their cases too...
If he observe the man run right(wheter the coach tell him run so or not), and it seems like it MAY have had a better play if the man had run left...yuh expect him to say...the player making all the right plays, even if it's observed by him and many others that he isn't....
Post your game report, when you go or see...but till then I want to hear Touches observations, Wrong or Right...just as I hear, Yours or Hardest, Wrong or Right

i agree with yuh on it is his report, true, i have respect for what u say breds, but if ah man writing something and 4 others write on the same game and talk good about ah player but that one man doesnt but these other 4 opinions which are also unbiased and known to hold weight, say different, dont you think i would observe that, touches puts himself out there also, like myself, so if a person critisizes then he should take it, i take criticism all de time and deal with it, whether the man right or wrong or juss have badmind, but in any event i try to be fair and if i hearing conflicting reports about a player or players i must ask or say something to get the truth of why someone would write a certain piece of material that is subjective rather than objective while others who are supposedly equally as  objective in their writing as touches, write the opposite.... so is it bias or just not admitting the truth....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:44:55 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2007, 01:41:51 PM »
Not how Stern, Wim, TI or Bleeder sees it...His report is a PERSONAL observation...if you see something different, write that, if yuh doh see, but somebody tell yuh, write that.....
but just how them tell yuh their observation (and yuh hold that to heart), doh necessarily mean, if you or I, observe the same event, we would observe the same thing....I myself watch every game the Raptors play, and ah basketball-buddy ah mine is ah knicks fan, and he watch the Raptors and say dem ent good, and I say but We leading the East , he say fluke....I doh think, he doh know basketball, or the men, or their roles, I might think he biased, but if he point to me that the Raptors don't have no certified star, ah cyar argue with dat, if he point to me that the Raptor players cannot crack the starting line of another NBA team, ah cyah argue with that.....but I will show him that we still number 1....So if you want to show your boys is Number 1, like yuh have been doing, well go ahead...but allow ppl the courtesy and respect to disagree and present their cases too...If he observe the man run right(wheter the coach tell him run so or not), and it seems like it MAY have had a better play if the man had run left...yuh expect him to say...the player making all the right plays, even if it's observed by him and many others that he isn't....

BRAVO  maxg  BRAVO   :applause:

... one of the most level headed and articulate posters around

Thank you for that
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »
i read all the other reports and Touches report to me concerning how players did is not that different.
It does contain many other observations not pointed out in others.

MaxG very good post
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 02:03:40 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>