March 28, 2024, 05:56:56 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti....Improving but work to do.  (Read 10219 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti....Improving but work to do.
« on: January 17, 2007, 09:22:46 PM »
Dear Forumites,

I kinda stuck for words tonight because it is difficult to explain what transpired.........Nuttin really to write home about, and TT were unimpressive. In summary we won the game, but our play was not as good as the two previous games. In fact I watching the game now on tv6 just to make sure what I typing is accurate. But Congrats are in order, we have topped the group scored nine goals and conceded a goal a game. Keep the positive result fellas and keep tightening up and ironing out the kinks.

Tonight was a mediocre performance, improvement was made in some areas while in others we fell back big time. No player had an outstanding game, the fatigue and fitness creeping in and it was a workmanlike performance from the team.

Also Haiti was found out and I realised they only looked good due to the level of their opponents. It may be hard for some of you to fathom, but many people left the game steupsing, saying this side have real work, the side is shit etc. But some were just happy we won the game.

TT lined up in a 4-4-2 and Haiti did the same.

The starting line up was the same as Mondays game vs Martinique however Dwayne Jack was dropped and Makan hislop was the replacement.

Opening 5-10 minutes it was all TT on the attack, controlling the ball well, making diagonal runs, crosses coming in and Darryl Roberts looking very lively. Then Haiti steps up and matches the tempo and takes over.

TT finally win a free kick about 20 yards out and Hardest steps up to take it..........Folks I must congratulate Hardest for scoring his first goal of this Digicel tournament, it was on target and it scored, thats all that matters. It was not a fierce shot and he had assistance from the Haitian goalie who allowed the ball to slip tru his fingers and roll into the goal but who cares Goal TT...... Imagine, all forumites present were wondering how TI would be gettin orn.

After that TT fell asleep took their foot off the gas and let Haiti dictate the pace.

However Haiti was lacking ideas and had no clue as to what to do. The entire game went like this....back four make 4-6 passes across the back, switching the play with no pressure. A player comes up and hits a long ball to the flank or fwd. It is lost, the other team regains possession and does the same.

In the first half TT created three chances, two wasted by none other than Glasgow but he was involved in  the best attacking TT play of the night........Hardest threads a ball for glasgow who traps one time and backheels for Roberts who has the goalie off his line and tries a one time shot that goes wide. It was another miss/throw away but it was the higlight of enterprising play in the first half.

Tiger got no ball on the left, Baptiste was quiet and we got few crosses in. However the standout for me was Darryl Roberts and his hard work on the field, was present in nearly every attack, hustled the ball well, screen shielded and played point man laying off the ball well and he was no bumped off the ball or shouldered off. I am very impressed with him.

Theobold had a workmanlike performance running back and forth demanding the ball and switching the play. Nothing extraordinary but simple and effective, still defensively it was a roll on the ground and beg, and he came second in many of the challenges.

Ti yuh boy Hardest was quiet, besides the goal and the pass to Glasgow, it was as if he was not on the field. He was the recipient of a few good jams, some of them nasty and deliberate and he was stretchered off the field. His best game thus far was the Bardbados match...(but he score ent! so its all good)

The defence give REAL REAL trouble tonight.....Seon Power finally got subbed in what was his best performance, but the man play good lala. Telesford wasn't as sharp and looked shakey at times and his heading ability is questionable. He was also at fault for the goal not covering properly and allowing the Haitian fwd to run past him and shoot. Daniel was overlapping a bit more today supporting the play and running fwd well but still he was having problems covering and tackling. Hislop big but slow also I don't know if its confidence or nerves but he was playing kinda frighten. Dwyane Jack came on as a second half sub and he start to give trouble too. Fellas I feel the man need a metronome to learn some timing....he cyar head a ball properly to save he life. He not judging the flight of the ball and misjumping. Also he do a piece of skill that was unnecessary and chupid at the same time. He playing last the ball bobbling up and two haitians closing down instead of clearing or playing to safety he turns and raises the ball six times skipping in a line before hoofing the ball out for a throw near the corner flag. Dem kinda antics is for circus.

MAN OF THE MATCH........Jean Michael Williams in Goal. That brother save some sure goal and some bullet to chest. there was one raid in particular where he collected three shots at close range and he smothered all up. He handled his stories tonight.

Up front Glasgow just turning unnecessarily, flicking the ball to nobody, throwing away.......but when yuh least expect it he popin up and scoring.......and good goals too. There was a time he had a simple ball to play to Baptiste and he turned into two players.....the entire Covered stand shout at that man and buff him....it was real funny.

Second half Haiti makes some changes and they put on a speedy fwd who has some fun with Power. The goal comes after Power loses the ball and the Haitian runs at telesford, body fakes him and curls it ever so skilfully past Williams at the far post.

TT then got serious and stepped it up a gear.....TT then starts to use the flanks and a cross comes in, Roberts flies in and challenges the keeper and heads it back across the goal. the keeper is beaten on the ground and Gary Glasgow is there to hit into an open goal.

The final goal came when a Haitian back pass was mistrapped by the last stopper. Roberts got a toe to it and passed it to glasgow who went racing one vs one with the keeper. Then when it looked certain to score glasgow runs wide...turns, the keeper and defenders recover and all looks lost...but then Glasgow picks his spot and with a neat chip, places the ball in the far V from an acute angle.....Wheeeeyyyyy.

and folks thats it.

I am concerned about our midfield not showing for the ball, not creating anything and the wide gap between the backs and the fwd. I do not like the long ball hit and hope and there were few crosses coming in from the wings. Tiger is our best crosser and when he pumped them in Roberts and Baptiste always looked dangerous on the recieving end.

Wiltshire came on for tiger ....and got no setta ball...i doe know if its a kinda conspiracy but the fella was open and they not giving him nuttin. Underutilized.

and Tinto came on for somebody I ent sure who it was but he got a 12 min corbeaux. He managed to shift some men and one body fake in particular had a Haitian on his behind inspecting the grass, he was the entertainment for the night.

We switching off and lapsing for long periods in the game and we are not dominating the pace of the game, but rather letting the opponents take the ball and come at us. Also we not imposing ourselves and our presence on the field in terms of tackling and ball possession. Also this long ball game we resorting to....I not sure how effective it is but Roberts is coping with it nicely and I think Sealy lorse his place on this side.

Till next time.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:02:37 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti....Improving but work to do.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »
"MAN OF THE MATCH........Jean Michael Williams in Goal."
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
he gets my vote also
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:37:40 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:29:15 PM »
Thanks as usual Touches, especially for the lil reality check

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:34:20 PM »
solid as ever.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »
Good report. Thanks. On the radio they made T&T sound more energetic during their good moments but maybe Colin Murray and David John Williams were too excited to see us do well. They did mention lapses in the game though by T&T. Sounds like we have real work to do in defense especially. I like the vibes I got on Theobald.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »
Thanks Touches. I'm sure the team has a lot of work to do and I'm not discounting what you're saying, but it is good that the team is at least winning. It is good to get in the habit of winning, even if the team is not at its best. It (winning) has a way of improving one's confidence, especially a sports team.

Anyway, lets hope that our team continues to improve and maintain its winning habit.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »
Touches, thanks for the match report.  As Kaliman say, winning is a habit.  And it is certainly a good habit to have.

Also, sometimes a game is a grind it out, ugly, stop and start game.  Other times the game is one that allows a team (or teams) to display the beautiful game.  The key is the ability to win both contests.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:08:04 PM »

As usual, thanks.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »
Yeah touches, on radio the game did sound lil livelier, but de report on point. I agree that Jan Michael Williams is the man of the match, from how it sound.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 10:21:57 PM »
he gets my vote also
I called it in the chat room  ;D

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 10:22:14 PM »
Touches, thanks for the match report.  As Kaliman say, winning is a habit.  And it is certainly a good habit to have.

Also, sometimes a game is a grind it out, ugly, stop and start game.  Other times the game is one that allows a team (or teams) to display the beautiful game.  The key is the ability to win both contests.

yuh know how long ah eh agree wit yuh.... ;D

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 11:42:13 PM »
touches thanks boy. i told u guys from the start of this tournament...1) once jan michael williams plays well we will do fine and 2) that boy dwayne jack aint no good.

ah glad to hear darryl playin as well as he is...he works hard and thoroughly deserves his chances to show off his talent. ah still say tiger needs to play in de middle of de park and not on de wing...but from all reports he doing well so i'm happy. all in all i agree with u guys that winning with this team can only do us good for the future. but i have to ask this question again...what team is going to play in the gold cup? same team or they going to change it up? is that fair to the boys who got us there? just some questions to ponder!!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 01:49:27 AM »

We switching off and lapsing for long periods in the game and we are not dominating the pace of the game, but rather letting the opponents take the ball and come at us. Also we not imposing ourselves and our presence on the field in terms of tackling and ball possession. Also this long ball game we resorting to....I not sure how effective it is but Roberts is coping with it nicely and I think Sealy lorse his place on this side.

Till next time.

sounds like they almost reach we A team stylin...but ah still likin the  availability of opportunities to be missed...and that area sounds solid...with the other big 4 locals, some improvement will be in order...thanks

I don't know the relationship between the local players and supporters.
Would the local player prefer to play for 1000 supportive fans (win or lorse) or 200 supportive + 4-5000 "expectin-entertainment & ah win, if yuh lorse we cussin yuh"....or they have just used to it, and doh really care either way ?
I'm asking cause I have never been to a senior team game in 40 years in T&T. I have seen Canada  a few times and though there is a mix between knowledable and not football fans, yuh would swear, the team will win and aftewards have won every game based on the fans behaviour....even with big lorses although I have heard disappointment, they would still big up most of the players, just for the effort - nb most of these players would all run till they teeth fallout...but that could be a combnation of selection as well as desire, regardless of skill level..

So whats could be T&T players mentality in dealing with the buff for eg. ?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:58:45 AM by maxg »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 02:53:05 AM »
NICE fuh Real
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 04:33:11 AM »
Good Morning,
                     Congrats to the Warriors. Can someone post the videos of the games against Martinique and Haiti. Allez Warriors. Droite au but. T&T damez gole

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 05:18:02 AM »
Touches - How u find the Haitian right back play..?
The red man who get damage late in the game and had to go in the ambulance... I find the man real play...real intense all game, good technique.

Wonder if we will see some of these players playing in the PFL next season....

I guess up to this point, we can argue that the PFL, which suppy 97% of this T&T team, is doing its job....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 05:22:13 AM »
I find hislop is composed at the back, does the simple things good. Quiet and effective
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 05:28:23 AM »
Guy, no need to worry, T&T knew before this Haiti game they had already qualified because Barbados lost, so I am sure many players took their foot off the gas, trust me. I am also sure Wim ask them to do certain things as experiments and so why, why play hard and we already qualify and not only this we have a game in 2 days.

My question is, now that we have to play more games how will this affect the Jabloteh players ? they have a game on the 26 and may call back Baptiste and Daniels ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 05:38:11 AM »
Thanks Touches....yuh bright and early boy.....

From what I was hearing on de radio, it did sound like we fell asleep after Hardest goal...

And also, from what ah hear Jan Michael Williams pull off a save dat had him doing all kinda ting to he body to stop de ball from going in and was down injured for a few minutes after....From de way de commentators call it, ah eh surprised dat he play real good throughout the game....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 06:55:28 AM »
Trini.....dais d number 2 player?

The Haitian right back was nuttin special to me......lemme tell you why.

He was a sub player, I ent think he get a run in the games before and the match against Barbados I was looking at him warming up both before the game and at half time just shooting and crossing etc. The man miss all d balls, he couldnt hit a ball on target to goal...in fact the coach had to come and show him how to score. I say yes...dais why he on the bench.

He did play ok last night trying a volley etc. But he didn't stand out for me as anything special.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 07:00:36 AM »
Thanks Touches  :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »
he gets my vote also
I called it in the chat room  ;D
umm, like de score ya got from ya dream  :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 08:05:31 AM »
Touches, could it be that the lack of interest in the game affected the way the players on both teams performed last night?

No excuses for Haiti, however after six matches, I believe all what the Haitian players want is some rest. The guys have been out since December, I think. I hope they play better next time.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
Sound like Tinto is the next Latas, the heir apparent.
Few mins but tuning up men when he do come on.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 08:52:51 AM »
Touches, could it be that the lack of interest in the game affected the way the players on both teams performed last night?

No excuses for Haiti, however after six matches, I believe all what the Haitian players want is some rest. The guys have been out since December, I think. I hope they play better next time.

BTW Toussaint, could you tell me if this was Haiti's normal starting lineup.
I don't think the Haitian players were all that up for it and T&T were a bit more motivated, having said that, I'm surprised that a T&T C Team (remember some W Connection players, Toussaint etc are missing, in addition to Jabloteh) so I'm really disappointed at the level of the opponents. Not that I was wishing for our warriors to get a cut arse but I hope they don't think this is what international ball is about, it's far from it.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Pasdah's Report
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 09:01:01 AM »
Well Touches gave his report folks (obviously from de covered stands)... nutten was different from the uncovered stands...Same ole talk same quarrelling but we had a lil more entertainment
Uncovered stand had ah lil rhythm section that dissapeared when the rain begun to drizzle.
Touches spoke about lapses in de game well for those periods we were entertained by a young lady who kept walking up and down the steps.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
 SW/WN peeps let me describe it for u, if we were probably drunk in a club or something fellas, we probably would not have mine but this was a (boring) football game with some tight fellas. De sistah had on a white west and a pink mini skirt. her skin was less than acceptable and as one man said her face reminded him of a garden snake. She was extremely top heavy for her petit frame and her legs could be used as chopsticks at Fai chinese foods in Tunapuna. Every turn she made she was heckled.
New pink skirt: $100
White West: $50
The look on her face after being heckled at last nights game: priceless
Also when de rain started to fall ah granny in ah white tshirt wanted tuhe give we ah lil wet tshirt flick ****** nasty!!!
So i can't say i didn't enjoy the match, uncovered was fun!!!

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pasdah's Report
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 09:41:44 AM »
Well Touches gave his report folks (obviously from de covered stands)... nutten was different from the uncovered stands...Same ole talk same quarrelling but we had a lil more entertainment
Uncovered stand had ah lil rhythm section that dissapeared when the rain begun to drizzle.
Touches spoke about lapses in de game well for those periods we were entertained by a young lady who kept walking up and down the steps.

D sw.net crew was in uncovered pasdah. Tallman, Touches, Kandi, Organic, Doc, Swima, Jeffers, Mrs. Dom Basil (ah cyah remember seeing Dombasil, Andre Samuel, Cowen, Patriot I think weary 1969 and possibly a few more. We were all there... next time yuh must look for we
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 09:57:34 AM »
"Ti yuh boy Hardest was quiet, besides the goal and the pass to Glasgow, it was as if he was not on the field."

But ah starting tuh wonder if allyuh fellas really bias in trute, how de man could be like "he was not on the field" and yet win the Digicel Man of the Match?  From Fuentes match report "Kerwyn “Hardest” Jemmott, the eventual Digicel “Man of the Match”"

Offline beau-brummel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 10:36:29 AM »
Toussaint, I agree that the Haitian players played 6 matches straight, but there is plenty of time to rest after the cup. Starting the bench was a mistake! How could you leave your starter, such as Cadet, Guillaume, and Fucien for the second half. Even though we had already made it through for the gold cup, the full 9pts would have help in our ranking. We did much better when the starters came in. We will meet TnT again at the finals!!!

1]; } ?>