April 29, 2024, 01:59:57 AM

Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN: I'll 'shake' them up one by one  (Read 889 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
SWINDON TOWN: I'll 'shake' them up one by one
« on: January 18, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
SWINDON TOWN: I'll shake them up one by one
By Jon Ritson (wiltshire.co.uk)

18 Jan 2007

PAUL Sturrock will pluck more victims' from his squad for an individual grilling but there is nothing to fear from a touch of the Shakes'.

Trinidad and Tobago man Ricky was the first to benefit from being taken aside and put through a specific programme to improve his product' with the youngster hailed for the quality of his crossing against Wrexham last week.

Shakes will continue to be treated to the wisdom of Sturrock, Kevin Summerfield and John Blackley respectively but he isn't the only one earmarked for a little one to one' time.

The Town boss said: "We're going to pick more victims."

Football is a team game but Sturrock feels you have to look beyond the collective good.

He said: "I believe that at the end of the day, if you generalise with them all nobody gets any better. The team might but nobody else does.

"So we're now going to keep lists and monitor what we do with certain players.

"Myself, Summers and Sloop (Blackley) will make sure we chip away at people."

Shakes is on record as saying the individual attention has benefited him and Sturrock is delighted that the penny is dropping with the youngster.

The manager said: "He's benefited from what we're doing with him already.

"He couldn't hit a barn door at the moment but one of these days he'll hit the back of the net and he'll appreciate he can score goals as well.

"With the pace he has and the crossing ability he's now showing, if he could add that extra dimension, his finishing ability, you'd have a very dangerous player on your hands.

"Ricky has proved to me that he's a wide right player rather than a right back, although he's very good at getting back and helping defensively.

"He's a confidence player, he always will be that type because he's too quiet to be anything else.

"I believe you show people once, show people twice and the good players progress through never being shown again.

"Shakesy seems to be taking on board the things we are teaching him."

Ticket prices for Saturday's trip to Boston United are as follows: £14 (adults), £10.50 (senior citizens) and £7.50 (juniors).

All tickets (which are covered terrace only) are pay on the day.

SAS coaches will depart from the County Ground at 9am on Saturday.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWINDON TOWN: I'll 'shake' them up one by one
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 03:15:45 PM »
nice article
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
I hope Wim doh forget about Shakes

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 04:15:16 AM »
Well, for the sake of TT football, he better improve, cause he play ah set ah tata in London last February.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

1]; } ?>