March 28, 2024, 01:04:48 PM

Author Topic: Wait Nah: Reality Check Time(R)now Mexico  (Read 2139 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Wait Nah: Reality Check Time(R)now Mexico
« on: July 13, 2005, 09:28:03 AM »
But Wait Nah: leh me rethink this stuff here before ah get tuh healing.

Usually we have to consider things relative to situations and to events. People have mentioned that we have shown improvements; granted that is the case but how do you consider that we were loaded with  most of our experienced squad and had those dastradly results and that a team from another island  like.... (I eh go mention name ) comes into the tournament and defeats a team  (while playing with 10 men) in teh HEX Guatemala  and then draws with S.A?

Now this team  eh suppose tuh have the quality of games we have had since the Digicel cup; they eh suppose tuh have the experienced coaching as we have and yuh know today they  moving on and we gone home? How THIS LOOKING FOR A REALITY CHECK? ah cyar understand? ah trying hard not to be negative but ah  eh satisfied with medrocrity and ah tired ah making excuses.

Mirror  mirror on the wall...........!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 10:12:15 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wait Nah: Reality Check Time
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:37:46 AM »
maybe tha team better than us right now

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 09:39:21 AM »
How did they get to that point and we drop off?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 09:52:31 AM »
don't know alberta i haven't really examined their programmes or spoken to any one involved with them. just their recent games and from that maybe they are better. looking at the gold cup we have to admit that they are

maybe they have better youth programme i believe they made a recent youth WC was it u-17? just asking ,
foreign players they go after anything ja born on the outside and go after them hard. be it europe, mls, ncaa-they keep tabs on their players on the outside.

And they played in the big show and that makes a huge difference as far as confidence, experience, excitement, unity-after all it's the big show

answers i don't have after this cup they better. hate me or love me for saying it, one man's view.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 10:13:22 AM »
Honestly guys, I've been sayingthis long before now. The six teams playing in the Hex at the moment are not the best six teams in CONCACAF. Football is played on the field for 90 minutes, and at the end of the day, its not always the better team that will win...hence Jamaica and Honduras are on the outside looking in (Hex). I am certain within my mind that had Jamaica still been in the Hex today, that we would have a much more cohesive unit in this Gold Cup, we would have played at least 15 international games between that time and now, and we would by now be clicking as a unit. We could possibly have gone on to win this tournament. Same too for Honduras.

Trinidad hired a new coach recently...again, this probably was done too late. I dont care how good the coach is, its hard to take a bunch of players and convert them into world beaters in less than a year. The team has improved, but so too has the likes of Panama etc, who I stil think is better than Guatemala.

I looked at the game yesterday and saw it as an opportunity for T&T to show that they can at least defend a game to get the results they need, something you would need to do in your remaining away games in teh HEX. It shows me that when you go on the road to places like the USA and Panama City, where the opposition will be atacking in numbers, you will not be able to resist the pressure. It is what it is.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 10:36:14 AM »
I will say that Jamaica implemented a structure since 1994, that they have stuck to.  We still in this shortterm mode of "Get we to the World Cup today."  Are we not realizing that there is a structural problem with our football.  We not producing players that are up to representing the national team, and there is no continuity of teams that represent at the youth level.  That is what the Brazlilians (Simones and company) did for JA, and what he was trying to do for us, but we have no patience. Ah wonder what will be the fate  of Beenie if we don't qualify for Germany?   We go revert to another local coach, who don't know how to manage a team.  St. Clair is a trainer at best.  He lacks selection awareness, has no scouting ability, and did not adopt any of the practices he observed on those trips to the facilities of Man U, Aresenal and company.  Right now, Jamaica is on another level to us, because they are at the point where they can play up to the better teams.  Watch them give a fight to Mexico tonight.  I love meh Warriors, but we have some ways to go.  Beenie needs to be the Technical Director of football, not just senior coach.  We need to keep him, regardless of what happens.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 11:13:15 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 10:45:34 AM »
Actually, Jamaica has no programme at the moment.I beleive there is a deeper desire inside Jamaica to show that them not being in the Hex is a fluke. The team for tonight's game vs Mexico will feature 6 new faces to the team that started the last game vs South Africa. We are through, so it gives us a chnace to rotate our players. We will have a brand new forward line in tonights game, plus a few new faces in teh defence. The midfield will remain as is from the last game. New keeper in as well.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 04:44:09 PM »
Good fuh you!!!!!! but all ah want if fuh allyuh tuh go out and mash up Brogetti; when yuh done with he, mash up Medino, when yuh finish if yuh meet the USA take out Beasley; Donavan , Kessler and the whole dam lot; Just play hard physical football win or lose take men out .That go help we WCQ cause.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 09:19:41 PM »
Half Time- Mexico 1 - Jamacia 0

Tell meh nah  again all things being relative; "yuh have tuh give jack he jacket"

Dem yardies playing good ball.

Mirror  mirror on the wall why we eh here or at this level at all?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More Reality Check!!!!(r)
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 10:10:49 PM »
More salt in we wound!!!!!!!!!!!! look nah we need tuh give props here  what can we learn from observing?

AGAIN DEY WERE DOWN TO TEN MEN AND THEY HELD MEXICO TO 1; OH LARD!! ALL WE NEEDED WAS TUH HOLD COLUMBIA FUH 15-20 MINUTES MAX!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd Half 

48 min » Final score. Mexico 1- Jamaica 0. Mexico stays in HOuston v. Colombia.
47 min » shot for Jamaica, but Munoz saves tying goal.
45 min » regulation time is over. 3 mins of added time
41 min » Mexico pressures Jamaica. Salcido shoots but Sawyers saves.
36 min » sub for Mex. Bravo in; Perez out.
32 min » Altamirano shot forces Sawyers to make save.
30 min » Hue free kick for Jamaica. Munoz saves.
26 min » Dealey out for his second yellow for clumsy challenge
24 min » sub for Mexico. Zinha out, Marquez Lugo in.
23 min » Jermaine Johnson shot for Jamaica after he steals the ball from "maza" rodriguez
22 min » Match gets more physical.
21 min » Yellow for Jamaica. Taylor late challenge
16 min » Yellow for Borgetti. Pushes defender into goalie.
15 min » Sub for Mexico. Medina out. lopez in.
15 min » Sub for Jamaica. Ralph out. Fuller in 
15 min » Sub for Jamaica. Bennett out
13 min » Davis OK. Smelling salts work 
11 min » Free kick by Altamirano. Slams off Jamaica wall, knocks out Claude Davis for scary moment
5 min » Mexico takes its foot off the accelerator, but Zinha and Borgetti combine to create danger any time they get together. PAss from Zinha, Borgetti shot/cross cleared with fingertips by Jamaica goalie
2 min » Damiani Ralph slalom through Mexican defense ends up in corner
1 min » Start of the second half. Mexico leads 1-0
1st Half 
46 min » first half ends. Exciting 45 minutes, good start to match.
44 min » Jamaica comes close to tying goal. Williams cuts inside and slams a shot off goalie Munoz.
42 min » temper tantrum by Daley, who picks up yellow for Jamaica.
38 min » Match becomes more tactical, as rhythm drops a little.
31 min » another long range shot from Jamaica comes close.
27 min » Jermaine Hue unleashes a shot that was very close for Jamaica. similar to goal he scored v. South Africa
19 min » Goal for Mexico. Great play. Medina slices through the Jamaican defense to score as Luis Perez floats a ball with perfect touch.
16 min » Mexico misses by a hair. Salcido moves up to attack, but sends it just wide.
14 min » End to end action. mexico attacks, but same result as Jamaica a minute earlier
13 min » Jamaican counter. Bennett gets around Moises Munoz but shoots it wide
10 min » Mexico starts to apply the pressure on the Jamaican defense. Zinha, Altamirano and Pineda move up on the laterals
5 min » Altamirano strikes it with outside of right foot an bounding ball, which goes oh-so-close for mexico
2 min » wall pass on edge of area and shot for Mexico. shot blocke dy Jamaican goalie
1 min » match begins. full house at Reliant stadium

Welcome to the live webcast of the match which will decide the winner of Group C, Jamaica v. mexico
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 10:15:52 PM by AlbertaTrini »

1]; } ?>