April 18, 2024, 06:43:03 PM

Author Topic: ** BREAKING NEWS - Daryl Roberts & Osei Telesford signed by MLS Clubs  (Read 7795 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ** BREAKING NEWS - Daryl Roberts & Osei Telesford signed by MLS Clubs
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »
MLS well I eh no fan but it go have to do
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 10:42:55 PM »
dah is shit! dem men bigger than dat... them should gih way from de flikking mls and try an go Spain, Portugal or Holland....who is dem men agen boy! steuuuuuuuupes!

completely agree. These players will not develop playing in the MLS.  I look at Cornell Glen for example and he is the same player that he's always been but has now become a journeyman. The MLS is not a good thing. I'd rather see them playing in the championship or anywhere in Sweden Norway than in the MLS. Shelton benefitted from playing for Helsingborg so Roberts could definitely improve if he went to Sweden.

dah is shit! dem men bigger than dat... them should gih way from de flikking mls and try an go Spain, Portugal or Holland....who is dem men agen boy! steuuuuuuuupes!

ent ah songing like de fellahs dat have all de answers on de site......buh congrats tuh de youtes

an yeah ah quoting mehself....doh take me serious with dat nah....That is ah good start for dem youtes let dey game grow and hopfully in time will move onto greener pasteures....hardluck dey Warlord.

Lard a mercy...MLS a good start? ??? How many Caribbean players you see play MLS and transfer to Europe? Just a few did. The MLS is not a good league for any Caribbean player to improve. For you to improve you have to be  playing against better players on a consistent basis. The MLS doesn't provide that option..... Unless you think that Landon Donovan is better than Darryl Roberts. I'd rather see them play in the CR or Guate Leagues which is alot better than the MLS.

nah boss....yuh have tuh take win with dat!.... When yuh doh have nutten.. anything is ah start eh!....unless you know something ah eh hear nutten bout any other teams coming afer him.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 10:53:17 PM »

u serious dammmm

dem is meh bredren... goin and make a call right now.....

thanks for the info.

bless

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 11:01:52 PM »

completely agree. These players will not develop playing in the MLS.  I look at Cornell Glen for example and he is the same player that he's always been but has now become a journeyman. The MLS is not a good thing. I'd rather see them playing in the championship or anywhere in Sweden Norway than in the MLS. Shelton benefitted from playing for Helsingborg so Roberts could definitely improve if he went to Sweden.

ent ah songing like de fellahs dat have all de answers on de site......buh congrats tuh de youtes

an yeah ah quoting mehself....doh take me serious with dat nah....That is ah good start for dem youtes let dey game grow and hopfully in time will move onto greener pasteures....hardluck dey Warlord.

Lard a mercy...MLS a good start? ??? How many Caribbean players you see play MLS and transfer to Europe? Just a few did. The MLS is not a good league for any Caribbean player to improve. For you to improve you have to be  playing against better players on a consistent basis. The MLS doesn't provide that option..... Unless you think that Landon Donovan is better than Darryl Roberts. I'd rather see them play in the CR or Guate Leagues which is alot better than the MLS.

Wham 2 alyuh!!!!....MLS is a big big big league....and dey geh Beckham.... ;D ;D ;D
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2007, 07:06:38 AM »
great... other than Tinto they were the most impressive new players in the line up... I think most of the WN expressed that openly at the last two matches.

Tinto did absolutely nothing...
eh know if it was him gettin the ovation when Baptiste was coming off....
he did nothing...
heard he did do some good things against Martinique...but nothin against Haiti...saw that one at least....

Why allyuh so wicked boy,the youth came on for 9 mins before the end in the haiti game,what yuh expect him to do perform miracles within that short time.............. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2007, 07:28:24 AM »
good luck and god bless Mr. Telesford and Mr. Roberts
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2007, 07:33:23 AM »
The 23-year-old native of Trincity has been around local football from the youth level but was never really one of those who caught the eye or grabbed headlines in the local press for numerous goals or fancy footwork during his days at Fatima College. But yes, he did play at the Intercol level with the North Zone team during 1998-2001 after transferring from El Dorado Junior Sec.
I sure he eh really want to remember his Fatima days. It was when he was playing we get relegated (2000) and didn't play Intercol in 2001 and had to play 2nd division....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2007, 09:07:52 AM »
The 23-year-old native of Trincity has been around local football from the youth level but was never really one of those who caught the eye or grabbed headlines in the local press for numerous goals or fancy footwork during his days at Fatima College. But yes, he did play at the Intercol level with the North Zone team during 1998-2001 after transferring from El Dorado Junior Sec.
I sure he eh really want to remember his Fatima days. It was when he was playing we get relegated (2000) and didn't play Intercol in 2001 and had to play 2nd division....

aww haww... cuz i play up to 98 and I doh remember he at all at all....

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2007, 09:21:24 AM »
I think he transferred to Fatima in 1999 (Form 3), he was in my year.

To be honest, I doh really remember him as being that good in school, granted the entire school thought the team was a pack of ballz at the time so maybe not a fair assessment.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:26:31 AM by R45 »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2007, 09:30:16 AM »

To be honest, I doh really remember him as being that good in school, granted the entire school thought the team was a pack of ballz at the time so maybe not a fair assessment.

From what I hear it was Clemmie, de coach wha fawk up everything!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »

Breds you should realize by now is not where our players want to go or should go but who is going to accept them,it's only we Trini's think our players should be playing where ever they want in the world,even the WC has done nothing for us,our players are still struggling to get contracts,may be another qualification will help,our players will definitely improve regardless to where they go including our own PFL,what i still can't understand is why ppl still wasting down the MLS and our players struggling to start on their teams,look how ppl congratulating players that get picked up by one of those teams,let me know how many of our players playing in any of the Premier leagues in the world,from the reports i read here half the Posters think certain players are good the next half think the opposite,it's a matter of who you ask,Cornel Glen for example he has not played a whole season any where since he left T&T but ppl still saying he is one of the best forwards we have and should get contracts in Europe,who picking up a player like that who is injury prone?        
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:15:04 AM by Coop's »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 02:37:37 PM »

Breds you should realize by now is not where our players want to go or should go but who is going to accept them,it's only we Trini's think our players should be playing where ever they want in the world,even the WC has done nothing for us,our players are still struggling to get contracts,may be another qualification will help,our players will definitely improve regardless to where they go including our own PFL,what i still can't understand is why ppl still wasting down the MLS and our players struggling to start on their teams,look how ppl congratulating players that get picked up by one of those teams,let me know how many of our players playing in any of the Premier leagues in the world,from the reports i read here half the Posters think certain players are good the next half think the opposite,it's a matter of who you ask,Cornel Glen for example he has not played a whole season any where since he left T&T but ppl still saying he is one of the best forwards we have and should get contracts in Europe,who picking up a player like that who is injury prone?       

Enlighten them coop's. I does read the nonsense men posting sometimes but I does not even waste my time to reply sometimes. But thanks coop's.....help enlighten some of us please.  :beermug:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 06:16:06 PM »

are you mad.....i was in class with daryl and he did play in 98.. FF i think that was your last year....because of stoute and campbell and the fella from traquil  he was on the bench but he was on the side.....in interclass.. we use to fear daryl more than we fear Steve sealy....but daryl use to play central midfield tho...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2007, 05:02:06 PM »

Lard a mercy...MLS a good start? ??? How many Caribbean players you see play MLS and transfer to Europe? Just a few did. The MLS is not a good league for any Caribbean player to improve. For you to improve you have to be  playing against better players on a consistent basis. The MLS doesn't provide that option..... Unless you think that Landon Donovan is better than Darryl Roberts. I'd rather see them play in the CR or Guate Leagues which is alot better than the MLS.

I agree...dem men should siddung home and drink Stag and Carib whole day.  When morning come go look fuh ah li'l ten days or run some small goal to keep fit.  Playing in MLS is shit.  Stay home and lime, wuk will come looking fuh allyuh.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2007, 01:37:36 PM »
That makes six players in the MLS

Edson Elcock - Kansas City Wizards
Scott Sealy - Kansas City Wizards
Shaka Hislop - FC Dallas
Robbie Findley - L.A. Galaxy
Daryl Roberts - Toronto
Osei Telesford - Chicago

so Glen and Avery in limbo now?
Wha bout Wise didnt his team just go bankrupt?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 02:46:08 PM »
That makes six players in the MLS

Edson Elcock - Kansas City Wizards
Scott Sealy - Kansas City Wizards
Shaka Hislop - FC Dallas
Robbie Findley - L.A. Galaxy
Daryl Roberts - Toronto
Osei Telesford - Chicago

so Glen and Avery in limbo now?
Glen get leggo by de Galaxy.
Don't forget dat Randi Patterson is at de New York Red Bulls.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>