April 27, 2024, 10:55:50 PM

Author Topic: Ezra Stuart & Barbados Sore Losers  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Ezra Stuart & Barbados Sore Losers
« on: January 19, 2007, 07:40:40 PM »
This is an excerpt from article in Barbados Nation.

Favouring

At the post-match media conference, Martinique coach Guy Michel Nisas charged that the officiating was unfair and even accused sponsors Digicel of favouring Haiti because of their association with them as well as the host country.

"I feel sorry because 'we were not able to be on level terms. We don't think it was fair to us.

"Some of the calls were not good and we suffered because of it," an angry Nisas charged.

"Maybe, we will have 'a better chance against Barbados because they 'are not the host team 'and they are not Haiti," 'he added.

Officials

The officiating in the finals has come under fire from both Martinique and Barbados, with the presence of Trinidadian officials doing duties in the Sedley Joseph Group being questioned.

Barbados midfielder John Hawkesworth was controversially sent off 'by Moreno in their opening match.

Trinidad and Tobago and Haiti qualified for tomorrow's semi-finals from the group, with Martinique finishing third on three points and Barbados fourth 'on one point.

I went to all three of warriors' games. While the officiating might not have been to the highest standard, I saw absolutely no bias. These teams are looking for excuses for their performances. Martinique has a good side and would have tested T&T were it not for the sending off. When they had 11, they pressed Trinidad, not allowing our defence to knock the ball around (Just had to clear up field). T&T did not look good with as much as six or seven opposing players pressing us high up. Barbados on the other hand is a poor team that does not have a brand. They have some talented players but no clear organisation. If anything can be said of the officiating is that it tended to favour them especially in the Martinique game.

If Cuba presses and hustles Trinidad, especially early on, I believe we would be under heavy pressure to withstand it. Must mention that while Jemmot has excellent touch and good passiing, he is much too slow for international ball. He can get away with it at this level but he must work on his general fitness. This explains why his performances game to game and within a game are so inconsistent.

T&T standouts: Telesford, Roberts, Glasgow*, Theobald, Tiger, Baptiste and Daniel.

*while Glasgow misses many chances, his movement, work rate and comibining with other players is excellent. I have not seen such a mobile attack from Trinidad for some time now(Glasgow, Roberts,Tiger, Baptiste.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 07:44:41 PM by Trini-Warrior »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ezra Stuart & Barbados Sore Losers
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:53:56 PM »
I thought that the officiating in the T&T matches were sub-standard. I eh see de other games.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:58:03 PM »
I want to ask the forumites whether they think that TnT

a) got a rough ride from the refs
b) can't complain about the refs, refereeing was fair or slightly favoured towards TnT
c) the refs clearly favoured TnT

Based on Barbados game I would say that a) was definitely not the case. I could understand why Bimshire feels hard done by because in that game I would feel the same. Then the Martinique game (which I haven't seen) had two penalties and a next sending off.

This could just be the rub of the green but because TnT is the host and Jack is the organizer it makes us look bad if c) or even b) was the case, especially since based on performance and ability we can get the results without any favouritism from the refs.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 11:09:46 PM »
Remeber JW said it himself that there aren't any top class refs in the region.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:16:02 PM »

I don't thin it was a handball against Martinique.  But that was more of a judgement call rather than bad officiating.  It was close enough to call it.
Is a hard luck more than anything else.

The 2nd penalty look like a foul from what I see in the video.  Clumsy tackle...tweet.

PEter Pendergras (sp) was featured on some show recently talking about his retirement and working to improve the standard of officiating.  He have work to do.....not so sure is bias rather than inexperience on the part of the refs.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 05:11:06 AM »
Soundin like Wenger really... Haiti "74" was one of de dreadest and all kinda action transpired after de fact but dat result aint get turnover.
Dem bumpin dey gum for no reason. Game done and this aint no league. "Wam Bam- thank you Maam"!!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 06:36:40 AM »
to be honest i was at the 3 group games and thought as the home team trinidad was getting a better deal from the officiating...

i saw the martinique penalty and sending off on replay the next day from the angle the ref had and it was reaaaaal harsh cause the goal line defender didnt raise his hand to block the shot that was straight at him..

so i feel they have a lil right to be aggrieved, we would be if the tables had been turned..

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 07:42:06 AM »
Leh barbados haul they flying fish back to barbados........

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 08:06:06 AM »
so i feel they have a lil right to be aggrieved, we would be if the tables had been turned..

That was my exact impression after the Barbados game, if my team had been on the receiving end I would have been griping.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »
to be honest i was at the 3 group games and thought as the home team trinidad  was getting a better deal from the officiating...

Ahem....surely you meant....the home team Trinidad AND TOBAGO.....don't you Omarldinho??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 08:54:17 AM »
Wasn't that Bajan sent off for accumulation of fouls. That was his 2nd yellow card and on that one in particular he can have no complaint. That was a nasty tackle.

Martinique can't complain either I saw the game live and then on tv later.I didn't see it in the stadium but TV6 gave about 3 replays of the incident- It was a handball on the line. The official had to send off the man.

That being said I thought some of our fouls weren't called and some players who were supposed to have received cards received only verbal warnings.The guy probably has a point but those 2 red cards were fair.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »
to be honest i was at the 3 group games and thought as the home team trinidad was getting a better deal from the officiating...

i saw the martinique penalty and sending off on replay the next day from the angle the ref had and it was reaaaaal harsh cause the goal line defender didnt raise his hand to block the shot that was straight at him..

;)

Martinique is good but TnT is currently a much better team, specially at home. Now, wouldn't it be crazy to charge that Jack and the digicel officials pay the referees to help TnT beat Martinique, a team that TnT can beat everywhere and anytime?

Referees have the same weaknesses that all human beings have always been struggling with since Adam and Eva. They sometimes make calls just like we choose product brands with more familiar names, logos, or pictures on the containers in the superstores. As humans, we often see things we want to see.  

The referees need good trainings to help them minimize (just minimize) that human thing. Don't expect to see this kind of mistakes/biases go away anytime soon. There will always be bad calls sometimes in your favor, sometimes against you.

Just my opinion.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 09:26:45 AM »
Watch them refs sorry to say really poor. They do the game from a player stand point, which is not good. If you look at a lot of them they are caught up in the game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>