April 28, 2024, 04:05:48 AM

Author Topic: big up Jizelle!  (Read 1320 times)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
big up Jizelle!
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:36:52 AM »
"I want to use the energy of my people"

After breaking four world records in boxing; being the youngest female to win a world title, the youngest person (male/female) to unify the world’s two most prestigious titles the WBC and WBA titles and the first person in the world to win six titles in one fight, Jizelle Salandy is on route to winning a title in yet another weight division.

She is a very committed to the sport of boxing and also to the development of community and lesser privileged of this nation.

She dreams of one day owning a home to take care of the lesser fortunate. Jizelle also plans to use her success as a motivational tool to inspire youths in workshops.

So focused is this young lady that she even sacrificed all the temptations of the Christmas season and remained in training.

Jizelle eats breathes and sleeps boxing.

She even created a gym in her back yard and has put up a punching bag and speed ball by her bedroom window so the first thing she sees as she awakes is her boxing gears.

While most people were enjoying the merriment of Christmas, Jizelle was running six miles.

All she could think about was Laila Ali.

I am going to take out all my hard work on Laila Ali.”

There will be no Carnival for her. Her main focus is her next fight against American Yvonne Reis in Bermuda on March 24.

Jizelle has a very strong management team led by promoter Boxu Potts.

Potts is confident that she will demolish Yvonne Reis.

Following this fight, she will have one more fight, before the big show down with Laila Ali on HBO.

After I beat her,” she says “My country will be known to the world as a place that create stars”.

Salandy plans to go to the U.S.A together with her trainer Alric Johnson, her manager, Kim Quashie and her promoter, Potts, to start training with one of the top coaches in preparation for her up coming fight.

She needs the support of the people of T&T.

I can use the positive energy to beat any fighter,” she ends.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: big up Jizelle!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 07:55:17 AM »
All she could think about was Laila Ali.

I am going to take out all my hard work on Laila Ali.”

There will be no Carnival for her. Her main focus is her next fight against American Yvonne Reis in Bermuda on March 24.

I'm confused, why is she focusing on Laila Ali during her training and her next fight is Yvonne Reis on March 24.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: big up Jizelle!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:15:35 PM »
i dunno...maybe she figures that anybody she has before Laila, she can beat easily and Ali is the real challenge?
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

1]; } ?>