March 28, 2024, 08:19:29 AM

Author Topic: Warner reacts positively to Digicel Cup.  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner reacts positively to Digicel Cup.
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
… but wants backing for team preparation.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, a man holding the same post for the Caribbean Football Union, has had many a reason to nod his head in a positive fashion over the last few days based on what he has experienced in the ongoing Digicel Caribbean Cup.
Warner, on Friday at his CONCACAF office in Port of Spain, complimented Digicel and officials of the local organizing committee for its running of the tournament so far, not forgetting  the teams for what he described as a professional and promising display of football as the tournament went into the semi-final stage on the weekend.
“We couldn’t have hoped for a better competition and I want to thank Digicel for their commitment and efforts throughout the entire period. The quality of the organization and the promotion of the event itself has been of a high standard. In the past when we had four teams, now we have eight in the finals and with this we have shown that we can handle more teams and more football,” Warner  told TTFF Media.
“What I think is interesting is that we now have the best four teams in the Caribbean going through to the CONCACAF Gold Cup and they will be playing for some handsome cash awards not just at the Gold Cup but also in this Caribbean Cup all thanks to Digicel. And I must mention too that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, even though they have not yet received their cash rewards for this tournament, have already paid out their monies to the players and staff and members,” Warner added. “And if they win the tournament they have more to get. What they have received already and could end up receiving further after the last stage is what had agreed with them (T&T team) before the start of the tournament.”
The CONCACAF President also recognized the mix in nations representing the region at the Gold Cup.
“The fact is that we now have Guadeloupe playing in the Gold Cup for the first time and again that is a credit to Caribbean football. We have one English-speaking team, two French teams and one Spanish team. Then of course we also have players attracting MLS interest, one from Joe Public too and there will be others to follow as they are being looked at by scouts from Mexico and the US who have been sitting in the stands watching Caribbean football. And not to forget Europe and other parts who have seen the football on their television screens and will be requesting more footage,” Warner stated.
Warner, from a T&T standpoint, said head coach Wim Rijsbergen, his staff and players deserved full credit for results they have achieved. Their performances have resulted in a friendly international match against Costa Rica there on February 4 and also an invitation from Panama to play there on January 31.
“If you remember it’s the same faith we kept before, even myself, with Leo Beenhakker and we have done it with Wim too. When everyone was calling for Stern John’s head, Leo kept the faith and Stern came through big time for us in the critical time and people tend to forget that. And the same has happened to Wim. He has  performed a similar feat with this team because no one really knew what to expect from him and the team in this tournament. Now we have Panama and Costa Rica wanting to play these same guys.
“It proves too that we don’t have to rely totally on our overseas-based players. We have home grown talent and if we get the proper funding, we will be able to groom them and get them ready in time for the World Cup qualifying and make this country proud again. Mexico has a totally local team and so too does Cuba. We hope the funding will come for this team because I repeat that up to this point in time TTFF is yet to receive a nickle   from the Government towards the preparations and the salaries of the coaches. I have paid their salaries since July and this continues. What more else must the players do again...They have shown it on the field of play We also hope the funding can come for the Pro League because that can be a feeder for this national team program,” Warner continued.
He pointed out too that he expects to get a response from Transport Minister Colm Imbert who has been written too on request of Priority Bus Route passes for the national team. The national team, following its training session on Friday morning at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, had to face at least an extra 45 minutes in traffic on the Beetham Highway on its way back to the Crowne Plaza.
“These things have been written about to Minister Imbert and normally he is considerate and generous towards these things in the past and I sure hope he does the same with this.”
Turning back to the tournament, Warner spoke well off the officiating and appealed to the four teams who went home in the first round to build on their accomplishments up to that point.
“The other teams have also left here with their heads high like Guyana and St Vincent and the others. They must not see this elimination as a setback but should use it as a catalyst for future success. And then of course you have the coaches, persons like Jamaal Shabazz who have performed creditably and local coaches must look at this and try to aspire similarly. The officiating too has been good and this augers well for the future of football in the region. I am particularly pleased and so too is the tournament’s referee’s inspectors with the work from officials like Neil Brizan and Courtney Campbell and then you have others who have done their part well,” Warner said.
Digicel becomes official sponsor of El Salvador.
By: Digicelfootball.com.

Exclusive Four Year Sponsorship to Covers all National Teams

The El Salvador Federation of Football, FESFUT, has signed an exclusive four-year partnership agreement with Digicel, the fastest growing mobile telecommunications in the Caribbean and new entrant to the Central American mobile market, which marks Digicel as the official sponsor of all El Salvador national football teams.
The announcement comes as the final matches of the Digicel Caribbean Cup 2006/7 are being played out in Trinidad & Tobago this weekend and ahead of the 2007 Copa de Naciones Digicel, the equivalent Central American tournament which also enjoys sponsorship by Digicel, further marking the commitment of the company to the growth of football across all its 22 markets of operation.
Digicel’s significant financial investment in El Salvador football includes the sponsorship of the male and female national selections of the country in the categories of under 23, under 20, under 17, under 15, Futsal and beach football. Digicel is also to become the official mobile telecommunications provider of FESFUT and will support the provision of uniforms, training equipment and other materials to help support the growth of the game across El Salvador.
On signing the agreement with Digicel in El Salvador on Thursday (January 18th), the President of FESFUT, Rodrigo Calvo, declared: “I’m very satisfied to sign today this important and historic agreement with Digicel. I’m confident that given their impressive track record in supporting the growth of football across the Caribbean that they will be a welcomed new partner in El Salvador football.”
“As new entrants into the El Salvador market” added Luis La Rocco, CEO of Digicel El Salvador, “Digicel sees our commitment to football, one of the biggest passions of the El Salvadorian people, as a way to connect with our customers and participate with them in these exciting events. We want to play as strong a role here in El Salvador in supporting the growth of the game as we do in our other markets across the Caribbean, which is the main reason why we are supporting national teams across all age groups not only the men’s team”.
Digicel entered the El Salvador mobile telecommunication market through its acquisition of Digicel Holdings Limited in October 2006, marking the company’s first entry into the burgeoning Central American telecommunications market. In December 2006, Digicel announced its title sponsorship of the 2007 Copa de Naciones Digicel in partnership with the Central American Football Union (UNCAF – Union Centroamericana de Futbol).
The company is also looking at ways to make football in El Salvador more interactive for fans through its technology, bringing fans closer to the game and to their football heroes. At the forthcoming 2007 Copa de Naciones Digicel taking place in El Salvador from February 8th to 18th, and all home games for the national team, Digicel will be working with FESFUT to create a unique football experience for fans and families at the games with chances to win phones and cash, meet the players and enjoy music and bands in a party atmosphere.
A qualifier to the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the 2007 Copa De Naciones Digicel tournament will consist of two groups with the two top teams from each progressing to the semi finals and involves the seven UNCAF countries: El Salvador, Guatemala, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Honduras and Panama.
Like the Digicel Caribbean Cup, the tournament allows more teams from the region to play on an international stage and Digicel through its partnership with the Haitian Football Federation, the Jamaica Reggae Boyz and other national teams such as Barbados and Turks & Caicos, will continue to look at opportunities for more friendly international matches.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:39:26 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Warner reacts positively to Digicel Cup.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
consipracy theory coming to a fruition
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 01:14:18 PM »
[/size]

FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, a man holding the same post for the Caribbean Football Union, has had many a reason to nod his head in a positive fashion over the last few days based on what he has experienced in the ongoing Digicel Caribbean Cup.
Warner, on Friday at his CONCACAF office in Port of Spain, complimented Digicel and officials of the local organizing committee for its running of the tournament so far, not forgetting  the teams for what he described as a professional and promising display of football as the tournament went into the semi-final stage on the weekend.
“We couldn’t have hoped for a better competition and I want to thank Digicel for their commitment and efforts throughout the entire period. The quality of the organization and the promotion of the event itself has been of a high standard. In the past when we had four teams, now we have eight in the finals and with this we have shown that we can handle more teams and more football,” Warner  told TTFF Media.
“What I think is interesting is that we now have the best four teams in the Caribbean going through to the CONCACAF Gold Cup and they will be playing for some handsome cash awards not just at the Gold Cup but also in this Caribbean Cup all thanks to Digicel. And I must mention too that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, even though they have not yet received their cash rewards for this tournament, have already paid out their monies to the players and staff and members,” Warner added. “And if they win the tournament they have more to get. What they have received already and could end up receiving further after the last stage is what had agreed with them (T&T team) before the start of the tournament.”
The CONCACAF President also recognized the mix in nations representing the region at the Gold Cup.
“The fact is that we now have Guadeloupe playing in the Gold Cup for the first time and again that is a credit to Caribbean football. We have one English-speaking team, two French teams and one Spanish team.
Then of course we also have players attracting MLS interest, one from Joe Public too and there will be others to follow as they are being looked at by scouts from Mexico and the US who have been sitting in the stands watching Caribbean football. And not to forget Europe and other parts who have seen the football on their television screens and will be requesting more footage,” Warner stated.
Warner, from a T&T standpoint, said head coach Wim Rijsbergen, his staff and players deserved full credit for results they have achieved. Their performances have resulted in a friendly international match against Costa Rica there on February 4 and also an invitation from Panama to play there on January 31.
“If you remember it’s the same faith we kept before, even myself, with Leo Beenhakker and we have done it with Wim too. When everyone was calling for Stern John’s head, Leo kept the faith and Stern came through big time for us in the critical time and people tend to forget that. And the same has happened to Wim. He has  performed a similar feat with this team because no one really knew what to expect from him and the team in this tournament. Now we have Panama and Costa Rica wanting to play these same guys.
“It proves too that we don’t have to rely totally on our overseas-based players. We have home grown talent and if we get the proper funding, we will be able to groom them and get them ready in time for the World Cup qualifying and make this country proud again. Mexico has a totally local team and so too does Cuba. We hope the funding will come for this team because I repeat that up to this point in time TTFF is yet to receive a nickle   from the Government towards the preparations and the salaries of the coaches. I have paid their salaries since July and this continues. What more else must the players do again...They have shown it on the field of play We also hope the funding can come for the Pro League because that can be a feeder for this national team program,” Warner continued.
He pointed out too that he expects to get a response from Transport Minister Colm Imbert who has been written too on request of Priority Bus Route passes for the national team. The national team, following its training session on Friday morning at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, had to face at least an extra 45 minutes in traffic on the Beetham Highway on its way back to the Crowne Plaza.
“These things have been written about to Minister Imbert and normally he is considerate and generous towards these things in the past and I sure hope he does the same with this.”
Turning back to the tournament, Warner spoke well off the officiating and appealed to the four teams who went home in the first round to build on their accomplishments up to that point.
“The other teams have also left here with their heads high like Guyana and St Vincent and the others. They must not see this elimination as a setback but should use it as a catalyst for future success. And then of course you have the coaches, persons like Jamaal Shabazz who have performed creditably and local coaches must look at this and try to aspire similarly. The officiating too has been good and this augers well for the future of football in the region. I am particularly pleased and so too is the tournament’s referee’s inspectors with the work from officials like Neil Brizan and Courtney Campbell and then you have others who have done their part well,” Warner said.

Yay! the French Caribbean teams rule!  ;)
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »
Totally Local ehh

And toussaint with all love
hull yuh ......... Trini rule
Ah still luv yuh

NICE fuh real
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »
a friendly international match against Costa Rica there on February 4 and also an invitation from Panama to play there on January 31

So the current locals might be playing both Panama and CR.....that will be suffcient matches to decide who makes the grade for the Gold Cup stage..
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 01:19:33 PM »
Totally Local ehh

And toussaint with all love
hull yuh ......... Trini rule
Ah still luv yuh

NICE fuh real

;D
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 01:22:45 PM »
a friendly international match against Costa Rica there on February 4 and also an invitation from Panama to play there on January 31

So the current locals might be playing both Panama and CR.....that will be suffcient matches to decide who makes the grade for the Gold Cup stage..

Tink about it if de locals get all dat practice dem we mix dem with de internations man we already cutting ass what ah team dat go be. Carlos scotty, cyd, whitley, tallest, jones, birch etc... with de team now talk about liks fuh de other teams

NICE fuh real
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »
 We hope the funding will come for this team because I repeat that up to this point in time TTFF is yet to receive a nickle   from the Government towards the preparations and the salaries of the coaches. I have paid their salaries since July and this continues.

hmm again he on the gov't case ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 02:26:59 PM »
 We hope the funding will come for this team because I repeat that up to this point in time TTFF is yet to receive a nickle   from the Government towards the preparations and the salaries of the coaches. I have paid their salaries since July and this continues.

hmm again he on the gov't case ....

It will always be about money for warner. let de gov´t only leggo some funds and you go hear Warner squaring off accounts .... lets see 21 million for me for debt owed ...130,000 for de players and staff to cover all expenses ...1 million for interest on money owed ...and no one kyah audit me because FIFA go throw we out ! :devil: :devil:

stepray

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »
“It proves too that we don’t have to rely totally on our overseas-based players. We have home grown talent and if we get the proper funding, we will be able to groom them and get them ready in time for the World Cup qualifying and make this country proud again. Mexico has a totally local team and so too does Cuba.

Does that mean curtains for the foreign based, Jack?

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
“It proves too that we don’t have to rely totally on our overseas-based players. We have home grown talent and if we get the proper funding, we will be able to groom them and get them ready in time for the World Cup qualifying and make this country proud again. Mexico has a totally local team and so too does Cuba.

Does that mean curtains for the foreign based, Jack?

The answer?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=22779.0

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 07:32:40 PM »
Mexico has a totally local team and so too does Cuba.

Mexico doh have no totally local team wa he talkin about.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 08:29:58 PM »
Mexico's league football is of a higher standard. Mexico's local could trounce our locals

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 08:41:51 PM »
Mexico's league football is of a higher standard. Mexico's local could trounce our locals

Dread....yuh ever watch ah PFL game?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »
[/size]

It proves too that we don’t have to rely totally on our overseas-based players. We have home grown talent and if we get the proper funding, we will be able to groom them and get them ready in time for the World Cup qualifying and make this country proud again.

Touches boy.....here it is,  proof dat yuh know de Jackula like de back ah yuh hand..... :o :o
Aye dis place sweet yes......Conspiracy theory revealed.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 01:01:47 AM »
[/size]

It proves too that we don’t have to rely totally on our overseas-based players. We have home grown talent and if we get the proper funding, we will be able to groom them and get them ready in time for the World Cup qualifying and make this country proud again.

Touches boy.....here it is,  proof dat yuh know de Jackula like de back ah yuh hand..... :o :o
Aye dis place sweet yes......Conspiracy theory revealed.....

TI is all smiles.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 03:34:41 PM »
Jack could say what he want Wim and dem fellas is professional and go want the best team. Jack could tell Anton not to play the foreign base. Wim building he resume and jack eh go make his Win Loss ratio look bad. So I expect the  best team in the USA for GC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>