April 25, 2024, 09:46:12 AM

Author Topic: We have 1  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
We have 1
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
Regardless of the result on Tuesday I think a few positives have come out of the tournament :
The resurgence of Hardest and Densil
The confirmation of Jan as a Solid Goal Keeper
The use of good pace in attack through Baptiste,Roberts and Glasgow
We now know that Jack is not suitable for international football
The 'discovery'  of real source of creativity future in Tinto

Perhaps the greatest positive to come out of this tournament is Osei Telesford. I've been to every T&T game and I am very impressed with this player. In one of the debates coming out of the world cup I put forward the view that we ought be more concerned about finding 2-3 decent central defenders than arguing about Latapy not getting enough playing time at the world cup. We were the oldest team at the world cup and looking foward there seemed to have been an abyss of sorts in certain key positions. The resurgence of Hardest and Densil while promising is yet be convincing. We will have to wait and see what they do against tougher opposition. The Telesford find however is remarkable.

To put it simply if we had to play USA or Mexico tommorow I would want this youth in my side. HE-IS-READY.  His composure, control, passing, tackling, marking and generally the way he reads the game are very impressive. I wanted 2-3 good central defenders to replace our aging rear guard . It seems perhaps that we've found 1 in Osei Telesford.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:44:27 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We have 1
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »
dont forget hislop aslo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »
I agree ..........Osei could handle himself
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:48:56 AM »
dont forget hislop aslo
I didn't forget him. He decent but he kinda slow boy. The best part about him is that he is only 21. He has a lot of time to improve. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 03:37:02 PM »
Hislop reallllllllllllll slow. The man runs with his handbreaks up. Hardest needs a diet and to get fit. I will pay jack passage and sent him back to T'bgo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
Hislop with the right coaching has a very bright future...

Osei Telesford... is a future Sancho with more natural talent.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 03:53:30 PM »
We find Tinto ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 03:56:44 PM »
Whapm to de fellah men was callin " sweetness" or "sugar" or someting??  he was wearin de no. 10 before hardest take it

ah nashy lookin fellah
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 04:01:21 PM »
Whapm to de fellah men was callin " sweetness" or "sugar" or someting??  he was wearin de no. 10 before hardest take it

ah nashy lookin fellah
do you mean
Kendall Jagdeosingh (Caledonia AIA Fire),
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »
After watching this tournament so far, the only players, in my opinion, who didn't look ordinary were the goalkeeper and Baptiste. Being able to hit defenders spanner, toolum and cap doesn't make a player a footballer, more like a showboater to me, especially if they cant even make a simple pass or make a right choice at a moment in the play.
The rest made a decent effort, tried to follow the coach's instructions and did what they were capable of.
I still can't believe some ah allyuh rating up Glasgow, the man is shit as a striker, maybe he could play better on the wing.

For the typical last minute preperations, I must say the team and coaches did a remarkable job in getting us ready for this tournament. Hopefully with more coaching and games under their belt they will perform better and get more of the basics done properly.
If you playing against the mediocre Caribbean teams and winning I don't think that says much. The real lithmus test for some of these players will be against Costa Rica and the other latin teams.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 04:08:26 PM »
All of a sudden iis shitty oposition that is why we winning. B4 the competition we need to call back Wise. Trin's cyahbe satisfied we must have something to quarrel about or we eh happy.

Nobody expect this team to beat CR and Mexico but the pool has been widened so give thanks.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>