April 25, 2024, 01:22:48 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-17 team needs to start prep.  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U-17 team needs to start prep.
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:05:46 AM »
What are we waiting for ? Corneal should focus on this team and not worry about the senior team let Wim run the show, April isn't far, we need to get games under our belt.

Bora begins work with U-17s

Newly appointed technical director of Jamaica's football, Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic, participated in his first official training session with a national outfit yesterday at the National stadium east field, when he went through the paces with the national Under-17 team for just over an hour.
The five-time World Cup coach watched national Under-17 head coach David Hunt take his squad through their paces for the first half hour of the session before deciding to lace up his boots.
The veteran coach questioned the youngsters on their technical abilities and used a few drills to demonstrate his points.
It was a pleasant session for the young players, who all seemed to warm to his infectious personality. At the end of the session, he implored the players to dream of South Korea in June and of South Africa in 2010.
He conceded to the Observer that for now he just wants to share his experience with the youngsters.
'Since I've been here, people question if I am good or not good... They all want me to talk and talk, but all I want to do is share my experience with them (players) and let them see the joy in the game... Is this wrong?'
Meanwhile, coach Hunt was pleased to have the new TD share some of his experiences with the team. 'This is the second time he has come to a training session, but the first he has addressed the players. It was very good what he has to share, and how he communicates his coaching point was something different. So I know the players and myself will definitely benefit from this experience,' he said. Jamaica under 17 will play a warm up with Mexico. Group B takes place at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica and is composed of four teams joining the home side that includes Canada, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago and USA from 18-26 April.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-17 team needs to start prep.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:42:35 AM »
they are traning....word is they may travel to honduras soon....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:44:20 AM »

This is excellent, i had planned to call you and ask about their preparations.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »
Big Mag, you are a bearer of comforting news. Is it an intentional secret or something that our team is training or is our press so lazy that they cyah make a effort to update us with this info?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
Big Mag, you are a bearer of comforting news. Is it an intentional secret or something that our team is training or is our press so lazy that they cyah make a effort to update us with this info?
       I thought Shawn Fuentes was the TTFF reporter,isn't that his job?

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »
yeah....actually i saw them training when i was in trini for the xmas....so i hope they preparations going good.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 09:17:49 PM »
They tryin to prove Nakhid wrong when he said there  are no secrets in football.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:47:09 PM »
Fuentes, Flex, Tallman ...we need ah interview or update !
Warrior For Life !!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 11:06:31 AM »
This is the best news i've heard all year.

Thanks.

Anyone know if there are any games over the carnival period?
TnT Patriot

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 11:11:49 AM »
This is the best news i've heard all year.

Thanks.

Anyone know if there are any games over the carnival period?

the cut is sunday...  according to my sources   

there is word about a Brazil camp also

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 11:24:51 AM »
Football/Soccer - Jamaica U-17s to face Mexican counterparts in two-leg friendly in February 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamaica U-17s to face Mexican counterparts in two-leg friendly in February 2007

Thursday, December 28, 2006

KINGSTON, Jamaica: The Jamaican Under-17 football team is slated to face Mexico National U-17 team in a two leg friendly international series in preparation for the 2007 CONCACAF U-17.

The first of the double leg series is scheduled for February 14, with the return leg being played three days later.

The Jamaicans will host Group B of the 2007 CONCACAF U-17 tournament from April 21 - 29 next year.

Honduras will host Group A of the qualifying tournament along with El Salvador, Haiti and Jamaica's friendly opponents, Mexico from April 4 - 8.

The top two teams from Group A along with the top three teams from Group B will qualify for the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the Korean Republic next August

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 11:31:22 AM »
after this digicel the under 17  guy need to train non stop and play at least 10 games. no carnival this year
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>