April 28, 2024, 09:25:49 AM

Author Topic: Black Coaches  (Read 6041 times)

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Black Coaches
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:30:54 AM »
In two weeks we will see two black coaches in the superbowl. This is the first time a black coach made it to the superbowl. Lets hope that this is repeated in European football. Whether its a World cup, gold cup, Epl or champions league.

Big up Dungy and Smith.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Black Coaches
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:33:06 AM »
I was kinda rooting for the Saints but still glad Lowie Smith got to the bowl. Hate the Patriots, Go Colts........Big respect to the coaches for real
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:46:59 AM »
Eh fellas.............I sure it have some other hole on the forum all yuh could use to discuss this ..........If is not bout 11 players running down a cicrle ball trying to put it in de Net....I should not be on the front page.

I hope it does not happen again..............To hear Beckham say Soccer and now to find an American football questions on thie scared site............... ???

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:53:49 AM »
Eh fellas.............I sure it have some other hole on the forum all yuh could use to discuss this ..........If is not bout 11 players running down a cicrle ball trying to put it in de Net....I should not be on the front page.

I hope it does not happen again..............To hear Beckham say Soccer and now to find an American football questions on thie scared site............... ???
:)
Two islands are better than one.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:54:52 AM »
Well the topic is still football related. Are you the gatekeeper of the site i red rass?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:57:31 AM »
Well the topic is still football related. Are you the gatekeeper of the site i red rass?

an for a Professor yuh need tuh do some additional research tuh warrant using dah handle....so wha'ppen tuh Frank Rijkaard?

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 10:06:35 AM »
Of course I know about Rijkaard. But how often do you see two black coaches in a final against each other? I was just acknowledging an accomplishment made by these two guys.

Fine then, Rijkaard needs a big up too. But lets give credt where credit is due. If you can name 5 football (soccer) coaches that are black and are coaching on the same level as Rijkaard?

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 10:07:10 AM »
Ok, I can make it more footie related;

Who people think are the most successful black football coaches?

In my opinion is Rijkaard, Gullit and Keith Alexander(though he just get sack!) as they have all won trophies and been to finals. Can't think of any others working in the pro game of major countries that have actually won anything. Tigana has'nt won anything as far as I'm aware but was/is a good coach. Ince winning manager of the month doh count  ;D

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »

For a so called "prof", your comeback is of the elementary variety.................U should change your name !!

Well it nave tons of black football coaches......jus dod some reading Prof ??

I red rass.............thas a good one.U get a Gold star and a new tight spandex "Prof" :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 10:10:31 AM »
Of course I know about Rijkaard. But how often do you see two black coaches in a final against each other? I was just acknowledging an accomplishment made by these two guys.

Fine then, Rijkaard needs a big up too. But lets give credt where credit is due. If you can name 5 football (soccer) coaches that are black and are coaching on the same level as Rijkaard?

Ah could name a fair few but Rijkaard is the only one working with a Top team. Gullit was coaching the Dutch under 21's I think....not sure if he bothered with the Feynoord job.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 10:22:37 AM »
I know there are many black coaches, but how often do we see them challenging each other for a major title in sports? Especially a title that has the potential to capture the whole worlds attention?

Has there ever been two black coaches in a world cup final? Has there ever been two black coaches in a champions league final? Has there ever been two black coaches in a UEFA final? Has there ever been two black coaches in any domestic cup final ?

Well maybe you should do some research i red rass.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 10:23:50 AM »
Rodney if you can name a few name a few. I am waiting......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »
I know there are many black coaches, but how often do we see them challenging each other for a major title in sports? Especially a title that has the potential to capture the whole worlds attention?

Has there ever been two black coaches in a world cup final? Has there ever been two black coaches in a champions league final? Has there ever been two black coaches in a UEFA final? Has there ever been two black coaches in any domestic cup final ?

Well maybe you should do some research i red rass.

well hollad almost made it under  Rijkaard to the euro cup final i  in 2000
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 10:45:16 AM »
Rodney if you can name a few name a few. I am waiting......

As I said few have coached at Rijkaards level but anyway. And I'm not including all them fella who manage national teams at the World Cup only those that have recently managed club teams in countries dominated by white coaches.

Gullit(Holland & England), Alexander, Leroy Rosenior, Paul Ince, Keith Curle, Tigana(France & England), Carlton Palmer, Antoine Kombouare (france)...oh yeah ex managers Barnes (Celtic), Viv Anderson (Barnsley), Ricky Hill (luton).  Not ah lot really.

ah thinking...go update.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:03:29 AM by Rodney »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Cito Gaston  Toronto Blue JAys..

But ent you mean African American  ;)

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 10:54:11 AM »
How did the conversation reach where it is now. This was my first post :

In two weeks we will see two black coaches in the superbowl. This is the first time a black coach made it to the superbowl. Lets hope that this is repeated in European football. Whether its a World cup, gold cup, Epl or champions league.

Big up Dungy and Smith

This was all I was saying. "I would like to see this repeated in European football". This is related to the both kinds of football, so it is related to the forum. Also, I never said that there arent any black coaches in european football. Neither did I say that black coaches have not won anything in European football.

Then, I asked for someone to name five black coaches that are coaching on the same level as Rijkaard. My purpose was to show that there arent many.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 11:00:13 AM »

Big up Dungy and Smith

This was all I was saying. "I would like to see this repeated in European football". This is related to the both kinds of football, so it is related to the forum. Also, I never said that there arent any black coaches in european football. Neither did I say that black coaches have not won anything in European football.

Then, I asked for someone to name five black coaches that are coaching on the same level as Rijkaard. My purpose was to show that there arent many.

I knew what you mean't...if you look at my question i ask who were the most successful as people were saying it is not very football related. As I said to your other question I could name a few coaches but none as successfull as Rijkaard.....just proving yuh point so doh shot the messenger.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »

Big up Dungy and Smith

professor, i think that line confuse ppl.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 11:03:21 AM »
add aron winter to the mix. i believe he in the holland setup.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »
Perhaps it might have. But my intentions was to acknowledge yesterday. Which I clearly did. No offense taken

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 11:11:52 AM »
add aron winter to the mix. i believe he in the holland setup.
Black Meaning African does winter count? He is Indo-Surinamese
Stanley Menzo Coaches FC Volendam in Holland, he was also the Goalkeeping coach for the Dutch team (He might still be haven't checked.)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
Prof, it is true, there are few black coaches or managers in European football. There could be a variety of reasons for this.

I go examine post-player careers. In the case of players turning coaches/managers, if more footballing greats opted to coach once they retired, they could be at the level Rikjaard is....or at least presented with the opportunity to coach as big a team as Barca is.

Pele never wanted to go into coaching...but you can imagine the options he could have.
If Capello or Benitez didn't have all that coaching experience, now get out of football fresh and apply for a coaching job with George Weah...who would have gotten hired?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:25:14 AM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »
Here is ah FA article on the issue: Did'nt know Shaka was taking/has taken? his badges.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/EthicsAndSportsEquity/RacialEquality/Postings/2005/11/Focus_on_our_credentials.htm

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
Superbowl ? now that reach in the soca warriors discussion area ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Yeah big up to Shaka.

You have a good point Grande. In the NFL there are I believe 3 or 4 black coaches out of 32 coaches. However around 65-75 percent of the players in the nfl are black.

Does anyone know the percentage of blacks in the epl? I guess its probably around 25-35 %. If anyone knows let me know. I am sure the percentage is even higher in le Championnat.

Out of the coaches in the epl there are none.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
God is de BOSS.... :applause: :applause:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »

Does anyone know the percentage of blacks in the epl?

20.3%...it was just on Sky Sports News...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »

Does anyone know the percentage of blacks in the epl?

20.3%...it was just on Sky Sports News...

That was Players. Non-Playing (coaches) it was 6%

1]; } ?>