April 29, 2024, 11:46:17 AM

Author Topic: Are we really giving credit to WIM ?  (Read 7293 times)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Are we really giving credit to WIM ?
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »
This coach has taken vastly inexperienced players and has the team playing possession football and scoring goals too.

Are we giving him as much credit as he deserves ?

He is a great coach and has done remarkably well with the playes that are available.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are we really giving credit to WIM ?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 01:38:43 PM »
Ah glad somebody take de time to bring dat up.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 01:40:38 PM »
OK oK is time to bigup Wims :beermug: :beermug:  He take de team through de #'s and we're in de final.  Now is onto de gold cup :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 01:58:14 PM »
Agreed massive respect to WIM. 

If we hadn't make de Gold Cup, they would have real men calling for he head.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 02:02:32 PM »
Props to Wim... :beermug: we should be equally ready to praise him when the team is doing good, as we are to call him wimps when the team is doing bad... Well done WIM :applause:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 02:05:52 PM »
Good job so far Wim...thanks and keep it up for the Gold Cup
 :applause:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 02:06:17 PM »
Maybe Wim was the man behind the scences for the Soca Warriors in Germany all along. While Beeenie was organizing, he was the man who took them thru their routine. Remember Wim played on  one of the greatest team to play a WC final and did not win. On 2 occasions. He had plenty WC experience. Cruyff, Neeskens, Hahn were getting all the limelight, he is the one who did all the dirty work. Tackling, presurizing, etc. So give credit where credit is due.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »
When you don't know, you don't know.

In the initial stages of preparation coach Wim was there like once a week sometimes once every 2-3 weeks....even when the team was in camp. Therefore, the other dutch coach and Anton had full control of the team and they worked with the team.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 02:52:47 PM »
Wim haters holding dey tongue till after the tournament.
wait and see.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »
Yes. I'm glad to see that he has done a good job with this team so far. Remember all the critics who did not want to support him...dogged him for loosing a scrimmage against unfit college players; dogged him for selecting these US based college players; and all the other reasons why he should not be coaching the team. Some men even dog me for giving my support... (CK1...is Corneal 1st Kid on the forum peeping to see what posters are saying etc.) Well here is your chance to give the man some credit and SUPPORT!!!
I know that we have not won the Digicel Cup yet, and there is much more football to be played, but this is a good start to the rebuilding process. Remember France started preparing for the 1998 WC in 1990, and the screened almost 200 players before they came up with their World Cup Championship squad...these things take time and a lot of work and trials.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 02:57:03 PM »

In the initial stages of preparation coach Wim was there like once a week sometimes once every 2-3 weeks....even when the team was in camp. Therefore, the other dutch coach and Anton had full control of the team and they worked with the team.

Kingman

yeah but ultimately he is de head coach....rite...if de team did play shyte and lose all de games nobody woulda say fire de other dutch coach and Anton.... man woulda be on here asking for Wim  head....give jack he jacket... de HEAD coach doing ah good job.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
I doh wanna cry the man down but Ive seen many local coaches take us to the shell cups he still under the microscope also this team isnt as inexperienced as you may think but I cant deny the progress he has made with this group but the real test starts now from the final then the costa rica test and the gold cup......he still has to prove himself gally took a group of young players to the brink of the world cup....let's see what wim has....also Im not seeing a consistency in team play as Im seeing the individual progress of players so definitely room for improvement....we give credit when its due....he's not bad so far but he hasnt proven anything yet....I must say theobald is looking a lil better....dtill poor defensively but maintaining possesion ok....I like the youth Osei he's a big find....Darryl to me is an enigma...he works hard he really does  but he strikes me as being less dangerous as a striker ...he'll work but against tougher teams does he really pose a goalscoring threat.....anyway just thinking outside the box.....I guess my comparison is well look at cornell his turn of pace is a threat he is dangerous its an aura  thats created I dont see this group as a threat...decent but not a threat

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 03:04:22 PM »
I doh wanna cry the man down but Ive seen many local coaches take us to the shell cups he still under the microscope also this team isnt as inexperienced as you may think but I cant deny the progress he has made with this group but the real test starts now from the final then the costa rica test and the gold cup......he still has to prove himself gally took a group of young players to the brink of the world cup....let's see what wim has....also Im not seeing a consistency in team play as Im seeing the individual progress of players so definitely room for improvement....we give credit when its due....he's not bad so far but he hasnt proven anything yet....I must say theobald is looking a lil better....dtill poor defensively but maintaining possesion ok....I like the youth Osei he's a big find....Darryl to me is an enigma...he works hard he really does  but he strikes me as being less dangerous as a striker ...he'll work but against tougher teams does he really pose a goalscoring threat.....anyway just thinking outside the box.....I guess my comparison is well look at cornell his turn of pace is a threat he is dangerous its an aura  thats created I dont see this group as a threat...decent but not a threat

you make some good points, but fellahs like bailey, findley and elcock still have to be tested in the future and dey all have real pace...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 03:14:28 PM »
Them fellas fast but not like glen the difference with glen pace is this his mindset is single he is direct and in his mind he believes he can go directly after any defender on his way to goal....I still think he was selfish but he is a direct beast we've had players like that before nixon , leonson and marcelle to an extent as well......Rooney is very direct Ronaldo when he was in his prime was also very direct.....difference bettween having pace and being explosive most caribbean players are quick.....but explosive and direct is scary glen have that....if e learn to give it up a lil bit then get it back he'll break any defence

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 03:20:19 PM »
Them fellas fast but not like glen the difference with glen pace is this his mindset is single he is direct and in his mind he believes he can go directly after any defender on his way to goal....I still think he was selfish but he is a direct beast we've had players like that before nixon , leonson and marcelle to an extent as well......Rooney is very direct Ronaldo when he was in his prime was also very direct.....difference bettween having pace and being explosive most caribbean players are quick.....but explosive and direct is scary glen have that....if e learn to give it up a lil bit then get it back he'll break any defence
Have to agree with you there! I too feel he would be more effective if he wasn't as selfish. But then it's a fine line   between being less selfish and reducing yourself to less than a threat. For example, Arsenal earlier in the season when it seemed like everybody was afraid to shoot. Hopefully Glen can harness his game when he comes back from injury.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »
De Enterprise doh take back no chat, but we must say big up tuh Wim, so far, so good. We were one of de people here dat wasn't impressed wid having Wim as de coach. As we said before, we have ah 2 lil  youth padnahs from Holland, one of dem was wid de Ajax youth team, and he did not rate Wim at all, de facts he gave us, we rolled wid it. Dat was some time bak doh, is early days still, may be Wim did his home work and improved his knowledge on de game, it is 2 early tuh judge dat doh. Anyway, big men, should always be big men, if Wim was dat bad we wouldn't have reached dis far. Wid dat said, taking it one step at ah time, ah would give dis same team some more time together in training, and ah would love to see how good dey (Wim and team) will perform against our real WCQ opponents, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, etc. Wid de inclusion of ah couple Jabloteh players, but no European based players, we might get surprised and discover some new talent, and have dem scouts in de Gold Cup inquiring about a couple of our players. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:17:44 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 06:43:49 PM »
well lets just think for a minute about our last digicel cup in barbados....you might find your answer right there....keep it up whim...tnt ntn tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »
well lets just think for a minute about our last digicel cup in barbados....you might find your answer right there....keep it up whim...tnt ntn tnt tnt

No diss boss, but we eh ketch yuh wid dat one nah. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 08:34:58 PM »
I can't give Wim enough credit right now. People feel that regional success is a foregone conclusion for TnT but the last few qualifying tournaments prove that is not the case. To roll these teams with this squad is plenty work.

Big Magician is making a good point. In the last Gold Cup qualifier we barely scrape through and alsmost get beat out by Bimshire using players with a lot more experience than this squad.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 09:31:03 PM »

Well said Big Magician! That last Digicel Cup in Bim was food for thought but like plenty men did not chew, they were quick to swallow, so now they forget...

Man is hats off to Wim, I say keep he dey to discover more talent for d 2010 run, his approach to all the  "fly-by-night" coaches seem to be working....ignore, ignore, ignore.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 09:39:56 PM »
I can't give Wim enough credit right now. People feel that regional success is a foregone conclusion for TnT but the last few qualifying tournaments prove that is not the case. To roll these teams with this squad is plenty work.

Big Magician is making a good point. In the last Gold Cup qualifier we barely scrape through and alsmost get beat out by Bimshire using players with a lot more experience than this squad.

Thanks JDB, point taken. Tuh me dat say a lot, it means de coach is doing ah good job so far, and he is working wid players dat have talent and dey are willing to work hard in training and in every match. This is becoming very interesting, cuz after de world cup, de Enterprise was wondering, how de hell we go keep up dis standard, seeing dat we took our game tuh ah next level by playing in de world cup. It was becoming kind of scary, cuz men wasn't seeing proper replacements, fuh de players dat was going tuh retire. It still too early doh jump tuh and get 2 excited, but it is something tuh definetly put ah smile on yuh face, tuh see ah T&T team perfroming good without any European based players. If dis team continue tuh do well, although men go playing in Europe, some ah dem dey will have tuh fight like dog fuh dey spot on de team, cuz it look like some ah de locals looking tuh hold down dey spot 2. People fuh de next few months, and leading up into de WCQ, it will be very, very interesting. HIGHLY BLESSED.  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 09:48:52 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »

Thanks JDB, point taken. Tuh me dat say a lot, it means de coach is doing ah good job so far, and he is working wid players dat have talent and dey willing to work hard in training and in every match. This is becoming very interesting, cuz after de world cup, de Enterprise was wondering, how de hell we go keep up dis standard, seeing dat we took our game tuh ah next level by playing in de world cup. It was becoming kind of scary, cuz men wasn't seeing proper replacements, fuh de players dat was going tuh retire. It still early doh jump tuh and get 2 excited, but it is something tuh definetly put ah smile on yuh face, tuh see ah T&T team perfroming good without any European based players. If dis team continue tuh do well, although men go playing in Europe, some ah dem dey will have tuh fight like dog fuh dey spot on de team, cuz it look like some ah de locals looking tuh hold down dey spot 2. People fuh de next few months, and leading up into de WCQ, it will be very, very interesting. HIGHLY BLESSED.   

after we play costa rica will give us a good perspective of the team and wim... :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 10:24:42 PM »
Credit we doh credit nobody we does cuss man and when by some fluke they do well is because is regional competition so we have to wait until CR.

We is haters we go debit not credit Wim.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »
CHECK ALL YUH NOW NAH WHEN I WAS SAYING GIVE THE MAN TIME AH GET ALL KINDA GIREF FROM SOME MEMBERS NOW ALL YUH HAVE TO GIVE THE MAN A BIG UP FOR TAKING THIS TEAM TO THE FINAL!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 01:56:38 AM »
Wim has shown, though it be at de regional level, that he has the smarts and organization to field the best Team. Most importantly to me is that De fella seems to have a love for creativity within the game. On several occassions Wim has been quoted as applauding the creativity or ability to create by the Team and if compared to our previous coach this seems to be a new trend. Wim also seems to have forsight. Wim does have an Ace up his sleeves and that is that he have a group of attacking players who he has tremendous faith in to get de Team past obstruction. They are...   Baptiste, Jemmot, Fitzpatrick, Theobald, Bailey, Glasgow, Roberts,Tinto, Wilthshire......

Thats nine players that can turn de game at a moments notice.  We are in a tricky situation now. How do we upset this chemistry and field different players. I see this continuing to be a young Team and I think I'm liking it. We still have to see Toussaint, Findley, Elcock,Whitley, Pacheco, Julius James and the couple i forgot. Still would like to see the younger foreign base in de mix too... Spaan, Glenn, Carlos, Jones, Birchall. Things could only get better because Wim got time on his side and he aint fraid of a moving ball.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 05:43:45 AM »
Kingman
yeah but ultimately he is de head coach....rite...if de team did play shyte and lose all de games nobody woulda say fire de other dutch coach and Anton.... man woulda be on here asking for Wim  head....give jack he jacket... de HEAD coach doing ah good job.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Kingman may be right, but if the team doing bad Wim would take the fall

Wim haters holding dey tongue till after the tournament.
wait and see.
just waiting for the team to loose

Credit we doh credit nobody we does cuss man and when by some fluke they do well is because is regional competition so we have to wait until CR.
We is haters we go debit not credit Wim.
diz ah joke right  :rotfl:  ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 05:49:02 AM by RH »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 05:51:51 AM »
Once you prove yourself under pressure,all respect and props to wim end of story...... 

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 07:27:39 AM »
When yuh back a foreign coach on this site is because yuh have a colonial mentality.

And plenty men have a sour taste in they mouth because Latas only get a half hour in the WC. Is a European coach do that. The white man keep us back from playing the Brazilian ball that we accustomed to beating up big teams with.

People also find that we should have attacked Sweden and England and the scores would have been 4-4 and 4-6 instead of 0-0 and 0-2. At least if we had played these teams straight up, we would have scored some goals.

Before the tournament I say that “this is Wim time to shine” because, although the squad is a big challenge, at this level a “well-trained” coach could get our guys together and make them competitive, just play composed ball, don’t give way the ball and take chances when they come, because we have a much bigger talent pool and more resources and football history than them other countries. This CFU business shouldn’t be a mystery to us.

As far as coaching goes we just don’t have the locals to compare and men doesn’t like to hear that. We want to think that playing for and coaching Defence Force, W-Connection and Jabloteh is the same as learning at Ajax and other clubs in Europe.

Men just waiting to mash up the man because he is only Beenie assistant and he have no big name.

Plenty people cannot understand why Beenie too big to hang around for 2 years of Digicel cup and Gold Cup football, when the fact is we damn lucky to have a international coach who is willing to stick with us for a full 4 years and build a team for the next WC instead of just a 2-year or 1-year WC qualifying quick-fix.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 07:40:03 AM »
When yuh back a foreign coach on this site is because yuh have a colonial mentality.

Plenty people cannot understand why Beenie too big to hang around for 2 years of Digicel cup and Gold Cup football, when the fact is we damn lucky to have a international coach who is willing to stick with us for a full 4 years and build a team for the next WC instead of just a 2-year or 1-year WC qualifying quick-fix.

Hold up they partnah I could tell yuh for a fact that beenie profile went up big time  by taking an unheralded team to decent performances in the worldcup despite that fact that we didnt win ......so its not like the results of these small teams dont impact the coaches look how quickly poland pick him up?  Its a job and its a job that coaches know if they make the team successful , will pay off if with dividends ...let's suppose beenie coaches brazil and he's successful its edxpected but if he coaches a team like trini small never qualify for a world cup then it highlights the fact that the man might have  real skills as a  coach...my two cents
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:58:32 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 09:01:32 AM »
Hold up they partnah I could tell yuh for a fact that beenie profile went up big time  by taking an unheralded team to decent performances in the worldcup despite that fact that we didnt win so its not like the results of these small teams dont impact the ciaches look how quickly portugal pick him up?

When Scolari coach we?  ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>