April 23, 2024, 02:00:10 PM

Author Topic: I GIVE UP!  (Read 3777 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
I GIVE UP!
« on: July 13, 2005, 01:19:56 PM »
It has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that I know next to nothing about football.

I eh mind sayin it because is de gospel truth.

It have to be because people who have way more experience and longevity in de field of football dan me (admittedly, dat eh hard to do) continually make the following decisions:

Keep playing Stern John DE FULL 90 MINUTES in every game bar the Panama game when he get subbed after we went 2-0 up as a tactical change.

Not only that but making him Captain when it have a man like Dog playin in de team

Pickin Cyd Gray for 3 consecutive games when one of your top performers in the past qualifiers, David Atiba Charles, eh even sniff de grass on de field.  To top it off, no report that Charles was injured.

Insisting on playing Theobald when is obvious he strugglin.

Not playing Birchall in his preferred and accustomed position when Edwards went down injured, preferring instead to play Rahim and Theobald there.

Giving Kenwyne Jones & Cornell Glen in particular precious little playing time when the team had little offensive thrust.

I will continue to support my team and will do so tangibly by traveling from Vancouver Canada to Hartford Connecticut to see them play on August 17th.  But I obviously lackin de insight and experience the technical staffs over time and football powers that be in general have.  I never claimed any different.  However, it is clear that by their actions, just how little I know.

So Messrs. Cummings, Porterfield, Simoes, St Clair (especially), Najjar, Charles, Beenhakker et al apologies to all of you.  You have put me firmly in my place.  This supporter will now support blindly (maybe daz a good way to go....dat way I eh have to watch de tata dat bein put dong), eat meh biscuit and hush meh mout.

Good luck T&T.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: I GIVE UP!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 01:39:23 PM »
Hey Palos boy, I know how yuh feeling when yuh think yuh seeing the obvious and feel we could easily do better by doing the obvious but again we are not the coach and are not getting paid to make those tactical decisions.

I with you, I am going to do my best to be a blind die-hard supporter from now on which is why I am wearing these shades so I can easily ignore any ta-ta certain team members are consitently playing or any weak strategic decisions we big-name coach is making.

Before the game I practically beg Beenie to take some of what we supporters have been observing on board, see here
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=2365.0
but to no avail!

So welcome to the Blind Supporters club, where we simply support and pray that wisedom will be display by those who should know better than us!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 01:45:37 PM »
how much tuh be in dah club sah?....yuh realise the initials is BSC...ent!! :'(

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 01:53:55 PM »
No charge to join! All yuh have to be able to do is to take licks and cheer loud!! In fact the more licks you get is the louder you are expected to cheer and support!!

Just put on yuh blindman shades and join!!

Yes the initials BSC is intensional as we honned our skills to perfection under St Clair, he is in fact the patron of the club!!  ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 01:57:13 PM »
You know what I want, I would like if Beenhakker could be on a TV or Radio phone in programme where fans like us could ask him to explain a few things for us, at least me. I really have a few questions that I would like to be answered just to make sleeping at night that weee bit better. I follow the progress of all our players playing abroad, even in what is effectively the English 4th division. When I'm home my girlfriend and I go to EVERY game the Soca Warriors play, I was there at the Manny Ramjohn when they played Dominican Republic when Dog gave away a stupid penalty and Hislop saved it in the 1st 10mins, that was our 1st WCQ of this campaign. I think, I know I deserve some answers for this debacle, this abomination that they call the 'Socalled Warriors'. I have my wristband on and proud to explain to Dutch, Curacao, Colombians what it stands for. This forum is the only place where I know everyone shares my frustration and can at least vent.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 02:03:16 PM »
So Messrs. Cummings, Porterfield, Simoes, St Clair (especially), Najjar, Charles, Beenhakker et al apologies to all of you. You have put me firmly in my place. This supporter will now support blindly (maybe daz a good way to go....dat way I eh have to watch de tata dat bein put dong), eat meh biscuit and hush meh mout.

Good luck T&T.

Palos boy I say yuh waitin patiently for the Mexico return game to up de ante ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 02:24:15 PM »
well Pro yuh know is years now ah taking licks....and ah eh puttin orn no shades nah....ah want de sun in meh eye....we win GREAT! we lorse onto the next game.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 02:32:16 PM »
..and jhonny come lately want to give me ..wear red shirt and pretend to be jakan talk yesterday.. buh ah joining dat support blindly club as well..if P, T, SP and co will have meh!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 02:44:12 PM »
Welcome aboard!!

The Shades is meant to hide any tears and so signify our toughness regardless of how much licks we getting!!

We doh mind you not wearing our trademark shades but please don't let our opponents see you cry if they beat us badly. Remember Soca Warriors supporters doh Cry, we take our lick like real Warriors!!
Also when we do match reports BSC members do our best to put a positive spin on our team's performance regardless of how dissmal. In fact we always look at our teams performance with rose-tinited shades. In fact Stern did play well is just that we need to be more patient and have confidence in him! Once Stern starts scoring is hell for even Brazil if they unlucky enough to have to face we, just wait and see!  ;)

Welcome once again to the BSC (Blindman Supporters Club!!  8)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 03:07:35 PM »

Keep playing Stern John DE FULL 90 MINUTES in every game bar the Panama game when he get subbed after we went 2-0 up as a tactical change.  Not only that but making him Captain when it have a man like Dog playin in de team

Pickin Cyd Gray for 3 consecutive games when one of your top performers in the past qualifiers, David Atiba Charles, eh even sniff de grass on de field.  To top it off, no report that Charles was injured.

Giving Kenwyne Jones & Cornell Glen in particular precious little playing time when the team had little offensive thrust.

Good luck T&T.

I agree and grudgingly I in dat BSC club.  Beenie Man's action is really a mystery but who am I to question it.

I take some abuse yesterday for saying that ah going into de closet but I prefer the notion of being present with shades.  I aint fraid to take that position since it aint because of yesterday alone dat I feel this way about our team dis goes way back.  I am still supporting but with much restraint.   8) 8)

Who vex, well vex but I in dis BSC club if de welcome door is still open. 8) 8)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 03:14:54 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 03:13:12 PM »
Sign me up too!  from now on we eh want no explanation fuh nutten, we just want tuh know where de game is and what time it starting and what colour tuh wear!

cause i feel that we only beating we head like bass drum and man making decisons in spite of de obvious.

Palos, u is de leader of this club and i will follow your every instruction!

sir, yes sir!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 04:09:28 PM »
New Pledge FF reporting for Duty!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 04:34:51 PM »
Count me in too.

I hope the team can develop the same level of passion as the fans.

Lewis
TnT Patriot

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 04:45:33 PM »
Alberta under dark clouds so ah dey in the grove with the club. I eh giving up totally just yet; like yuh say  it have WCQ tuh come; what a salvation!!!!

Coaches what can we do tuh help as fans?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 05:12:56 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 05:24:44 PM »
hey palos listen, leo will tell your right now that if he could do it differently he would. but he wants to give players a chance, and give them opportunities to redeem themselves. its easy for all of us to second guess decisions when we lose. but leo wants to see what works/doesnt work for the wcq games. its not like we played cyd gray 9 games straight. only 3
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 05:36:26 PM »
hey palos listen, leo will tell your right now that if he could do it differently he would. but he wants to give players a chance, and give them opportunities to redeem themselves. its easy for all of us to second guess decisions when we lose. but leo wants to see what works/doesnt work for the wcq games. its not like we played cyd gray 9 games straight. only 3

Ah hearin yuh supporter.  Dat is why ah done buy meh darkers, organise fuh a whole pitchoil tin full a CRIX to eat, and hushin meh mout.

Me eh want to know anymore.  I jes supportin.  Dey go see me dey live and direck in de people Ritschfield Stadium in Hartford, darkers on and bag a CRIX in hand.

Good luck T&T.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 05:47:38 PM »
cyar trap, cyar pass, cyar concentrate fuh 90 minutes!

How can we expect to win any games if we only string threee passes together and then give the opponents de ball without being under any pressure?

We GIFT the ball to the opposing team WITHOUT even being pressured people!!!

Coaching tactics aside,,,de team not trapping de ball fuh properly, we not making any common sense passes, in short is real shit!

Stern john only falling down, then he throwing away open goals and I this coming from me who support him when nuff man call fuh he ehad..ah see it with meh own eyes!  He playing compound ta-ta!

When he tackles is only foul he fouling.

And ah see he with ah big piece ah cake de Saturday before de game in de hotel in Miami!

Ah feeling fuh Glen and Jones, because it makes no sense fuh man to say de coach trying man in position looking fuh who best fir.

When Bertille was doing dat...he get wood from all and sundry.

It pass dat stage.

Samuel play real shit...de best play he make in dat columbia game was a shield ball when dem was attacking we.

Birchall eh all dat, but at least he doing some ah de fundamentals properly.  Making de simple passes etc.  He cyar tackle ah shit though.

Spann is definitely a good player fuh we...he needs to stay on his feet and stop de wild slide tackles though.

I must admit dat I was one ah de main men calling Lawerence ah shit honud, BUT de man was we best player in de entire GOLD CUP!

And then there is JAck, de man real save we, and looks like he is going from strength to strength.

Dog is dog....he doh stop fighting. But he does get some burn at times, still cant fault his ethic and fighting spirit.

Theobald cyar handle de left side, but remains a decent player.  At least he fights throughout and when he is on the field, bad passes aside, he closes the lanes and n\hustles the opposition....!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 06:25:30 PM »
Palos,

what kinda crix yuh eating breds ;D.........may I suggest the multigrain..... it cuttin, especially with a end of block cheese from Hi-lo.

But I ent think you will get crix in time for the USA game.....Hurricane season here and Emily had people scampering. The vital supply was nowhere to be seen.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 10:17:13 PM »
Palos sah doh be so greedy dread geh meh some ah dah crix when ah see yuh eh. Ah whole pitchul tin ! LOL . De images ah getting here is rel tears oui.  Dat soundin like real pressah.Is real water to wash dat dong u know. hahahahahahaahahh . ah gon alyuh!!!!
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 11:08:07 PM »
Fellahs....sign me up!

For about a year and a half...ah stop posting like I used to....I read this forum...every day!

I am not about to miss out on this golden opportunity to join the BSC club..

Please consider my application

Luv U T&T!

Offline soccerdaddy

• New Warrior
  • Quite Respectable Chap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 12:48:18 AM »
Any club that have the same initials as Bertie I eh want no part of. Nice rhetoric Palos, I guess it will help yuh to ease the pain. Dementia has set in. The enemy has won. They hate us for our freedom. Blah blah blah blah.

We have not qualified for the next round of the gold cup. The team played shit. The coach did not implement the correct strategies and failed to make tactical adjustments, I am assuming here that the objective was to win games. Maybe it is a faulty assumption. Maybe we were trying to convince the other teams in the hex that we not good and ketch them off guard in the next rounds.

Whatever the reality, we have five games, maybe less, to mount a serious campaign to make it to germany. Hoping that the return of yorke and edwards will right the ship, is naive and short sighted. We need to play some friendlies against stiff competition so we could iron out the flaws in our game. The time for experimenting has passed. We need to improve our match fitness, become a more cohesive team ( the defense seems to get it), and play like warriors not worriers.

I might be going out on a limb, but I think everybody on this board, behind the team. So keep posting, criticism or praise is our team. Lurkers don't be intimidated. Express your views. Share in the glory. Feel the agony of defeat, but soldier on. Ready or not. Germany here we come.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 08:06:01 AM »
sign me up too, ah go bring de blue band ...

1]; } ?>